Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Ducks Deluxe! - Event Date: June 26 2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Ducks Deluxe!
    Posted: July 01 2006 at 6:00am
I don't suppose I am the only one who sees what is wrong with this picture?

Ducks Deluxe!
Jun 26th - 11:22am
Those Terrible TICKS!

Terrified of ticks? Get yourself some dedicated tick EATERS! We're talking fowl, like chickens, ducks, and especially guinea hens; studies have found that they consume huge numbers of the little bloodsuckers when they're allowed to run loose on your property (ticks may be the guinea hens' favorite food!).

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=831998&nid=47 We're talking fowl, like chickens, ducks, and especially guinea hens; studies have found that they consume huge numbers of the little bloodsuckers when they're allowed to run loose on your property
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 6:03am
Nothing wrong with it. WE have25 chickens, 20 guineas and 18 keets so far. if you had chiggers and seed ticks you'd buy some too.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:59am
  Duck 3 Hummingbird The birds flu to my neighbors back yard!Rubber Duck

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:01am
As long as you are not picking the free roaming chickens up and snorting them, you should be safe.  Of course, you could do the same by proxy (Your dog snorts the chickens and then comes up to you and licks your face.).

If the chickens are sleeping in your bedroom with you, you might pick up their viruses. They should not be allowed to have free range of the house.

I would not slaughter them to eat.  That would probably be your greatest risk of picking up a virus.

And to think there are hunters out there who don't have a clue about H5N1.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:16am
  Duck 3             Hummingbird Rubber Duck

Hey, those are cute.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:20am
Hey guys there is NO H5 in America.

Yes we eat the eggs, yes they roam free on our place-how else would they catch the bugs? if we forget and leave the back door open  Henry comes in and eats the cat food. No we do not sleep with them or let them run in the house. They also make great chicken and noodles if you make thick egg noodles first.

Hmmm now I know why my dogs breath smells like poop!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 11:33am
I am pretty much persuaded that H5N1 HP is in America.  We are just not being told about it. 

H5N1 LP has been in America for years and years.

Remember in China people who handled infected raw pork were dying within hours and days of contact if they had the littlest microscopic cut on their hands. 

It is not safe to handle Sichuan Sheet (H5N1 HP) contaminated raw meat. In fact, you risk death each and every time you touch a raw egg or eviscerate a chicken.

In China they mandated that all butchers use plastic/vinyl gloves in the handling of raw meat, and they cut way down the cases of such deaths.  Butchers are still dying, but the death rate is not pandemic, and the press has been ordered to ignore the story.  To control panic, the Communists invented a cover story that the cause of the quick deaths was Streptococcus Suis (a fairly benigh bacteria that lives normally on pig genetalia and snouts.)  Believe me, that is not what was killing the butchers.

The Communist Chinese do believe in survival of the fittest. If the butchers are stupid enough to handle raw meat with exposed skin, then they have decided to remove themselves from the gene pool. In a country with a tremendous overpopulation problem, that is considered acceptable.
flholland View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flholland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 11:40am
Hi Joe,

I agree with you 100% about bf alread being here.  I genuinely believe that they would keep it quiet for the sake of the "economy", maybe other reasons as well, not sure what they might be.

Sometimes I wonder about big businesses, like "pharmaceutical companies and oil companies " conducting business with the government behind closed doors, working out deals for their own gain.  Maybe not, maybe I'm just too suspicious.
Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you whenever you go.
--Joshua 1:9
Oisanatta View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oisanatta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by JoeNeubarth JoeNeubarth wrote:

I am pretty much persuaded that H5N1 HP is in America.  We are just not being told about it. 

H5N1 LP has been in America for years and years.

Remember in China people who handled infected raw pork were dying within hours and days of contact if they had the littlest microscopic cut on their hands. 

It is not safe to handle Sichuan Sheet (H5N1 HP) contaminated raw meat. In fact, you risk death each and every time you touch a raw egg or eviscerate a chicken.

In China they mandated that all butchers use plastic/vinyl gloves in the handling of raw meat, and they cut way down the cases of such deaths.  Butchers are still dying, but the death rate is not pandemic, and the press has been ordered to ignore the story.  To control panic, the Communists invented a cover story that the cause of the quick deaths was Streptococcus Suis (a fairly benigh bacteria that lives normally on pig genetalia and snouts.)  Believe me, that is not what was killing the butchers.

The Communist Chinese do believe in survival of the fittest. If the butchers are stupid enough to handle raw meat with exposed skin, then they have decided to remove themselves from the gene pool. In a country with a tremendous overpopulation problem, that is considered acceptable.

Curiosity, Joe.  I don't doubt that any of the virus is already here in the U.S., but when you say that H5N1LP has been here for years, I am curious where it has been or where it is...mainly so I can stay away from it.  Is it in the raw meat that we are consuming (and handling beforehand)?  Thanks in advance!
The only thing worse than a brutal lie is the brutal truth. (M Twain) I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit; He set my feet on a rock. Psalm40
flowerchild View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowerchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 1:52pm
I know in Michigan it was in a turkey farm a couple of years ago (low path).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic