Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Emergency Dental Care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emergency Dental Care
    Posted: July 14 2006 at 11:04am

How do you treat dental problems ( i.e. cavites/possible root canal while under quarantine)? What types of products can we puchase that will help alleveiate pain/discomfort if we have no access to a dentist? Thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 1:27pm
Hi,

I was looking for the same thing and found these sites in the internet.  All of them have emergency dental kits.  I believe the prices range from $29 to about $11.  I have ot purchased mine yet - I will look at each of them and make a decision. 

I hope the above helps.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 3:31pm
One of the helpful books that i list on my website (willing to share with everyone) is called Where There is No Dentist...it's about an 8MB PDF file, and discusses everything from cavities to broken jaws to cancers. It lists the items you'd want in a home dental kit.

If you're interested, i'll send you a download link?

Also have Where There Is No Doctor (about 30mb PDF file)
dustyboots View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustyboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2006 at 4:04pm
FictionWriter,

How do I contact you to get a copy of the downloads, Where there is not doctor, Where there is no dentist?
Cant find how to send a PM or email on this site.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 12:56am
Dustyboots,

email at bottom of page...and you can see what else i have. The files are kinda big, so i'm trying to figure out an alternative method for delivery...apparently my website has a bandwidth transfer limit and it looks like i exceeded it a couple days ago...

But email me and we'll come up with something

Update: 4/16/2007
Lost all of these books in a recent hard drive crash. Trying to rebuild my library. Must remember to PRINT them this time
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 6:12am
I wouls buy ora-jel for starters, and there are some emergency cavity fillers available, they are temporary for until you can get to a dentist, but would work if there were no dentists available. Root canal, out of luck, you'd probably have to pull the tooth if it got bad. When life get back to some semblance of normal you can have a partial made if it is in an obvious place. Jo
Irene View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 10:11am

Survival and Austere Medicine:

http://www.aussurvivalist.com/downloads/AM%20Final%202.pdf

There's a chapter on dental care.
Irene View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 10:17am
This is a good site to bookmark:

There are a number of downloadable guides listed including the guides "Where There Is No Doctor" and "Where There Is No Dentist".

I linked to the Healthcare page but if you look in the left column there are other guides available for download besides Healthcare guides.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic