Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Leaders and Leadership

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prepnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaders and Leadership
    Posted: September 07 2006 at 7:56am
Be careful that you do not place all your eggs in one basket.

There is a tendency, in times of crisis, to look to individuals that appear strong and capable for leadership and help. It is a natural enough tendency and is an aid to our survival. However, it is also a time when you can be preyed upon by individuals with an intent to harm instead of help. As individuals we are looking for answers and if someone appears to have an answer we tend to blindly follow them. Predators know this and they use this knowledge to their advantage.

We also tend to think that we are helping others when in fact, we are merely aiding a predatory individual. Don't allow yourself to get caught up in that. Right now our focus needs to be on prepping our families and our environment. If we can set aside some to help others, great. That is also a moral imperative.

I have lurked on this site for months now. I see a dangerous trend here. A lot of effort and money is becoming poured out into effort which may leave people at risk. Do not reveal bank accounts, names, locations or any other identifying information TO ANYONE.

This is a stressful time and during times like these we tend to forget rules and protocols and common sense advice. Selling ads and giving anyone a way into your life from the internet is simply foolish.

Be Careful and Be wise.

From a friend who is always lurking.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 8:09am
Sounds like someone who has a grudge against Albert, trying to say the ad idea is bad, giving money to people is bad, and disguise who they are by informing everyone their only a lurker.
Thanks prepnow for sTROLLINg on in.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 9:54am
Lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:05am
I was just thinking the same thing.......Mountainwinds.

We are all big boys and girls here and have a mind of our own.....Don't let our sweet dispostion on the internet mislead you to thinking were puppets in a show...  Far from it....

Were doing and learning life saving skills here...Listen and learn and by no mean think us stupid in any way...

JMHO   I in no way mean to offend...Wink

Veazie View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:38am
Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:40am
Prepnow,

You touch upon a high-voltage topic that as a friend as you say, I would hope you could expound upon your statements so we could better appreciate your comments.  Inuendo without substance will only create further tension and also draw suspicion upon your intentions.  Personally for me I did not know that a "leader" here even existed nor does it matter to me since I came here purely for the topics at hand which have been generously provided for by the members here themselves. 

Politics, religion and personal agendas have always been unwelcome here as you should know so be our friend and help us more clearly understand our asserted vulnerabilites.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:42am
Prepnow made some valid points.  We really don't ever know who we are dealing with.   

I also agree that in a time of crisis and fear, people will be preyed upon.  That's where I come in.  That won't happen on this forum and we will watch everything like a hawk.  We would have a team of mods who would oversee this.  We would also work closely with various government agencies such as DHS. 

You don't have to worry about me taking advantage of people, I can assure you of that.   AFT can't be bought and we have very strong moral values.  
jofg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:45am

The OP does raise a good point (regardless of his/her motives).  Be careful, use common sense and trust your instincts.

With that said, the only "risky" activities I've seen around here have been related to certain members (most/many - hopefully all?) of whom Albert has dealt with.  It doesn't appear to me that this forum is doing anything to put people at risk......

roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:45am
  thanks for the warning, and it should be for all internet sites, but I have never been personally asked by any one on this site for money, I wouldn't have it to give any way  lol roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 1:50pm
Buddy can ya spare a dime? Lol
jofg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jofg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by TheWalkinDude TheWalkinDude wrote:

Buddy can ya spare a dime? Lol

Sure - give me your bank account, SS# name and address, plus any passwords, and I'll be glad to send you a dime  LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 2:46pm
AAAaaaaww,blindsided with my own joke.Ouch Lol
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:16pm
At this point,  all of my personal information is floating around all of the flu forums.  Not to mention that I'm not very well liked among extremists and God knows who else these days.  I'm probably the only one who will get  the short end of any deal around here, and I will make sure of it. Nobody has anything to worry about.  Now, send me your ss#'s and we can get started.   LOL   

Albert
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:28pm
my social security number is: 555 55 5555 my password to all my bank accounts is: paupaupatch.
Here's my address: 1234 Grandma's House
                                Pau Pau Patch Lane
                                Easy Town, USA

Please don't rip me off anyone
Catmando View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catmando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:29pm
Albert, glad to see you have not lost your sence of humor.Thumbs Up
Catmando View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catmando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:30pm
BR549LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:31pm
hey, the only people I have noticed who did not like you Albert, was the really craaazy way out there people. Ya know the ones who attack other people, their way of life, their beliefs, etc. The type of people I personally am grateful for you getting rid of, hey I always told my children, if I didn't make you mad at least once a day by telling you no, they I wasn't doing my job,because my job was to protect you and watch over you and not be your friend. So, Albert keep up the good work and try to not let it get to you.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:46pm
I just removed the last post off this thread. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:48pm
prepnow and focus- your posts make me very sad, first you purport to be concerned about others during the coming pandemic, but the clear intent of your posts is to bring disharmony to this board. There are people finding out about panflu for the first time everyday, some of those people stop here. Is it your goal to scare them away from prepping? I'm guessing you're already prepped so I guess it doesn't really matter to you if others prep or not. You are writing your actions in your life book and someday you may be asked for that book, you should think about this. Please stop using a public forum to try to air dirty laundry, it's...well you know.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 3:54pm
rodin33 have you lost your mind, do you even read anyting that Albert posts, Lord  I am so tired of this sortof crap, pleeaase quit doing this whoever or whatever you are, WE ON THE FORUM ARE TIRED OF THE ATTACKS ON ALBERT!!!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by frankiew frankiew wrote:

rodin33 have you lost your mind, do you even read anyting that Albert posts, Lord  I am so tired of this sortof crap, pleeaase quit doing this whoever or whatever you are, WE ON THE FORUM ARE TIRED OF THE ATTACKS ON ALBERT!!!!!

Frankiew - I wasn't addressing Albert, I'm sorry you took it that way. The board is under attack by people intent on harming us. My post was an appeal to them to stop with their personal agenda's. I'm tired of it too. We're all supposed to be adults, thank goodness most of us behave like it.

Prepnow and Focus were posting maliciously, I was addressing them.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:00pm
RODIN33 i AM SO SORRY, I MISREAD YOUR POST, I DID NOT REALIZE YOU WERE TALKING TO PREPNOW, PLEASE FORGIVE ME, FIRST TIME I'VE LOST MY TEMPER ON THIS FORUM. MUST BE TIREDER THAN I THOUGHT I WAS, SO VERRRY SORRY.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:03pm
lol Frankiew, Don't worry you didn't make me mad, I knew just didn't realize, my bad, I should have highlighted their names.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:05pm
Thank you and bless you
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:09pm
What are they so upset about?I dont get it.Albert gives money out of his own pocket to those that need help prepping.Albert doesnt know these people except by posts and email. He does this with  blind faith that he is helping those in need and not being taken advantage of.How is that bad?
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:09pm

Catmando, like we won't see that last statement I made floating around the forums??  LOL   I can see it now .....  

Frankview, thanks for the support.  I do infact feel somewhat responsible for the members.  I appreciate the understanding. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Catmando Catmando wrote:

BR549LOL

Catmando - what does this mean?? Please, it's bugging me!! LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:26pm
Personally, I don't understand any of this.  People are here to learn and prepare their families as best as they can.  I have visited different forums many times and can't understand why they have threads that just make fun of other forums.  They name other forums and go on about how 'bad' they are.  What is the point.  They are either pandemic prepardness forums or gossip forums. You can't have it both ways. I have never seen that here.  The goal is to keep people informed as much as possible.  This is the first time I have responded to any of this and it will be my last.  I will continue to be a member of this forum and contribute as much as I am able.  I am confident that Albert will take care of any who try to disrupt or divert the conversations away from our goal - to prepare our families and inform our friends and neighbors of this great threat.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:27pm
Thanks WalkinR. Even superman had his kryptonite lol.  Like I said, if AFT makes money, we will prep everybody here by storm.  It would actually be fun to watch.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by rodin33 rodin33 wrote:

Originally posted by Catmando Catmando wrote:

BR549[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.avianflutalk.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

Catmando - what does this mean?? Please, it's bugging me!! [IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.avianflutalk.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

It was from the old Hee Haa show. It was the number to Juniors used car lot. I miss that show.....wait a minute, am I telling my age???????

quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 5:06pm
Caution is always advised on the internet but I have never seen Albert show anything but compassion and concern for the members of this site. It makes me happy to see everyone rally around to support him as he has done for so many others. There is a real sense of community here.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

I just removed the last post off this thread. 

Can you tell me what that said...I missed that one...LOLBig smile
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 5:25pm
Hi HC. They said that the internet police is watching and that I was somebody else. Strange....
I removed the post because I don't like to acknowledge these people whatsoever. I have never used another handle since day one. I have nothing to hide and it's a matter of integrity. I sometimes use admin when I'm working on the forum, but that's it. We expect everybody to abide by the rule of never using multiple usernames.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 5:27pm
MountainWinds - thanks for the info, I used to watch Hee Haw too. Oops, am I telling on myself too?? Wink
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 5:31pm
Doom,despair and agony on me! LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 5:35pm
Or how about,"I searched the world over and thought I found true love.You met another and PPPtthhhhh you were gone."
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 6:43pm
Not sure if everybody noticed, but we just placed our new banner ad for med tents. Now, I just need to get every hospital in the country to buy one and we solve the overflow triage problem lol. We did this to help hospitals properly plan. We're goig to talk to some regulatory entities in the healthcare industry to save time. We would give up every penny of profit if that's what it takes to get the hospitals to plan. We had no choice, but to figure out a way for the hospitals to create a "solid realistic plan" to handle the potential overflow.

On another note, we're about to be all over the search engines so maybe we will get some incoming calls. On a revenue generating side, we could earn $500.00 per tent with the arrangement with the manufacturer. Again, preparedness first, and profit second. We may have to give up the profit side in order for this to work.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 9:49pm
Albert, I've been thinking about these tents.  I wonder if it's possible to get some gov funding for the hospitals to make purchases?? Or maybe some insentives for them to make purchase?
Just brainstorming: what about tax breaks or some other kind of insentive to hospitals that make purchase. 
This angle could be approached from the local or the federal angle. Does anyone know of any Senators or Congressmen interested in Panflu preparedness?
Please excuse if this is a silly idea, I'm not too political savvy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 9:59pm
I was thinking along the same lines.The gov. will surely give them some kind of cut,grant or credit.Just dont think they have planned that far yet.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 10:01pm
Might even be a gov./state  contract if a person knew who to contact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 5:34am
we may have to become lobbiests, lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 5:39am
Lol
KOMET163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 6:25am
I think, that albert has done so much for us all that he deserves the beneift of a doubt. If albert was a shady person, he would not be still doing this work.  Furthermore, Albert has given generously of himself.  I don't think Albert would throw away all of his hard work to take our money and run to brazil.  THe 21st century's first draft of history has been written already.  Albert is more than a footnote in the history of hte 21st century. He will be lauded as someone who saved thousands of lives.

Those who are detractor from albert are sadly misguided.  

KOMET163
He who laughs last laughs hardest.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 7:30am

Komet my friend, you are very kind.  Thank you.   Although, our goal is to save a lot more than thousands.....  LOL

Hi Rodin,  The only problem with lobbyist and grants is that it still might take too long to get things going, though I'm sure it would probably work.  We need to bypass the red tape and deal specifically with the designated entities that oversee the hospitals.  We can also sacrifice all proceeds.  We need to strongly recommend that they are purchased, or, that they at least somewhat ensure that the med centers create a solid plan as a whole to handle the increase of patients.  Maybe wishful thinking...

On day one of discovering a new panflu virus, the idea would be for hospitals to immediately setup (implement) the secondary shelters in tandem, on the first day – in preparation of the increase in patients before it's arrived in their area.  They would ALL have to get out in front of it before it hits.  There is no sense in waiting until they are already overrun with patients before they setup. They might have 2 – 3 days to put them in place before the wave of patients.  Very important window…

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by quietprepr quietprepr wrote:

Caution is always advised on the internet but I have never seen Albert show anything but compassion and concern for the members of this site. It makes me happy to see everyone rally around to support him as he has done for so many others. There is a real sense of community here.

can i just say that i totally agree?  i don't know albert except his posts that i read,,but i have always  been impressed with his fairness, sense of responsibility to the members of this forum and his generosity of sprit.
a really good guy and i have a hunch,,,an awesome dad LOL
he just has that *dad like*  quality,,
understand this is a good thing=)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic