Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Happy Thanksgiving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Thanksgiving
    Posted: November 22 2006 at 12:36pm
I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving.   Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 12:56pm
Hey Albert,

Have a good one as well, I'm also working on keeping my girlish figure but  there is a fellow here at work whose wife is an ex bakery chef and is always bring in killer deserts.  Big plate of Thanksgiving brownies in the break room calling my name.   Smile  Enjoy everyone!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 1:03pm

Maybe instead of the normal 5 mile daily run I will have to bump it up over the holidays.   I'm a sucker for good cooking.  A true weakness.. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 1:11pm
Thank you Albert: 

I hope your thanksgiving is full of blessings and really good turkey.

We have Sickness in my house so my whole entire family is moving Thanks Giving Day to Sunday so my family can come...We don't want to spread the germs. 

I hope I don't break any turkey rules because I think will be having hamburger and pumkin pie tomorrow, but turkey Sunday.

May you all get to your Thanks Giving Destinations safely and on time with out incident. 

Happy Thanks Giving.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 2:20pm
Happy Bird Day All!!!LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 3:26pm
albert,

im looking at post turkey day recipes for the turkey.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 3:57pm
have a happy day ...  walking is easier on the knees :)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 4:13pm
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Happy Thanksgiving Albert!! I am sure thankful to have found all of you, and this site. Thanks again Albert.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 4:47pm
Albert and AFT family, Have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving everyone!

I am cooking pumpkin and cherry pies and a cheesecake. I need to put the cheesecake under lock and key,my 20 year high school reunion is saturday and I would like to be one hot mama,not a plump one!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!essen smileys
Gexydaf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gexydaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 4:47pm
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.  I'm thankful for being much more prepared then I was at this time last year and for getting to know all of you.

KOMET163B View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOMET163B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 6:22pm
Albert,

thanks for everything , i hope to hear from the doctor on tuesday. I  really am in a survival mode.  I have purchased an sks rifle and 200 rounds of ammo. I hope to purchase some kitty litter for the cats and  will buy it in bulk. My girlfriend and I are working on several options for the next several weeks, we are going to aldis and dollar tree.  I think that the only option is to buy the night vision equipment, the manual washing machine and the backup generator.  We have no choice but to get our supplies and  pray that the doc comes thru for us.

KOMET163
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 8:15pm

Thanks vstr. 

Tigger, good idea.   Maybe some turkey soup?   LOL

Komet buddy, you are a prepping machine.  You have good work ethics and you're very tenacious.  Your girlfriend is in good hands.  Having said that, we need to make sure she gets that 90 day emergency supply still, so let us know what happens. 

Smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 8:23pm
Komet,

I know how every little bit can help especially knowing corporate secrets!!!  Kitty litter in case you did not know is just perfumed bentonite clay.  They used to almost give it away!  I used to brew home brewed beer using store bought malted barley at a $1.00 per pound and was seriously upset when I found out I could buy Racing Pigeon feed (virtually same malted barley) for $.17 cents a pound!!!  Made a home brew for $.07 cents a bottle!!! Ye Hah!  Cool
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 10:00pm
Enjoy your turkey Day,everyone,,roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 4:43am
Mercifully we don't have Thanksgiving here.  I've only just managed to retrieve my waistline in time for the onslaught of Christmas. (Too many happy celebratory meals when Scotty visits!) 

How do you guys COPE with turkey at the end of November, with only a month's respite before you start again on 25 Dec!!!! 

What do you have at Thanksgiving apart from turkey?  What do you have at Christmas?  Mince pies, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding? We have Turkey on Christmas day, traditionally beef on Boxinng day, ham on the following days(our family just eats the leftover turkey).  And chocolate, chocolate chocolate!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 5:27am
Feel free to share your plans for Thanksgiving Day, such as who you're spending the day with, what's on the menu, etc..  Or maybe even what you're thankful for?  Big smile

On another note, anyone ever try a honey baked turkey?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 6:01am
Good idea Albert!

I dream for this day where I always grill a 16 lb bird lathered in mayonaise laced with fresh minced garlic sprinkled with lemon pepper on my trusty Weber grill!  Most important part is keeping an eye on it with a cold Guiness in my left hand and a football in my right.  Only 7 hours to go!
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 6:02am
Well I am thankful that my DD and her husband (both 21) made it yesterday driving 2 cars (for 2 days) from CA to WA (with 3 cats), he is military and they are making a move to his new duty station. Military housing was able to get them right into housing, so they don't have their stuff yet but they are in their new home and not in a hotel over Thanksgiving. A friend from the base they used to live at has a friend at their new base and they have been invited to Thanksgiving at their house. I am sad she is not with us this year (first time), but I am glad they are safe.

As far as our meal, we have our meal at noon, that way we don't have to cook again at night, we just eat leftovers. I have the rolls rising now, made the homeade stuffing last night, getting the turkey ready to go in the oven soon, we are also having green bean caserole, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie and cherry pie.

It is going to be 77 here in OK today so I am heating up the pool so we can swim later this afternoon, not going to do much else, just cook then relax for the rest of the day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 6:58am
shrimp tray
deviled eggs
cheese and crackers
steaks
crab imperial
glazed carrots
green beans almondine
twice baked potatoes
crescent rolls
peach crisp w/ vanilla ice cream
pumpkin pie w/ Cool Whip

Just felt like being different this year. Happy Thanksgiving, all!    
b4giving
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 7:01am
The turkey is cooking.  The pies are all made.  The dinner rolls are rising for the last time and ready for the oven.  We are all so blessed to have found this home away from home and met such wonderful friends. Hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

GG
Chloe View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 7:02am
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Chloe View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 7:10am
Emma,

I made a standing rib roast one year for thanksgiving cause I was tired of having turkey and it got demolished LOL  I made a ham last night and since we are having turkey this afternoon at a family gathering I may actually wait until tomorrow to cook my turkey (still deciding and probably depends on how sleepy I get after eating someone else's turkey!!)
doomsmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 7:23am
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  We will be having a turkey and ham dinner with our children and grandchildren - the very group that we will be providing for if BF requires it.   I am thankful that we are enjoying a traditional thanksgiving with all of them and without illness.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2006 at 10:37am
Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Be safe
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 4:29am
Emmajones - What are twice baked potatoes?
Beth
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2006 at 7:28am
Happy T Day all, I hope it was good for you and your family. Ours was great, it was nice seeing family I haven't seen since last year!
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 6:29am
[QUOTE=Beth] Emmajones - What are twice baked potatoes?
QUOTE]

Bake potatoes in the oven till done (not the microwave, the skin gets too moist and hard to work with). After they cool, carefully cut in half lengthwise and scrape the pulp out. Be careful to leave skins intact (they will look like little boats, some people               call them "potato boats".) Mash the pulp with some butter, milk, salt, pepper, and if you want, cheese, bacon, garlic - anything you like. Put the mashed potato back in the skins and put in 350 oven till hot.

YUMMMMM.
b4giving
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 6:34am
[QUOTE=Chloe] Emma,
I made a standing rib roast one year for thanksgiving cause I was tired of having turkey [QUOTE]

I made so much crab and so many steaks that the last of it didn't get eaten till Saturday - no cooking for 2 days! I usually make a rib roast for Christmas and that never lasts more than a day. Today I'm cooking the free turkey I got before T'giving.   
b4giving
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic