Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Haj pilgrilmage makes flu pandemic "much more like
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Haj pilgrilmage makes flu pandemic "much more like

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haj pilgrilmage makes flu pandemic "much more like
    Posted: December 08 2006 at 9:31pm
Haj pilgrims warned of flu attack

By Syed Rashid Husain

RIYADH, Dec 8: People intending to perform Haj this year have been cautioned against a flu pandemic. They have been advised to take an additional flu shot, since Haj is falling in winter.

“People planning to make the Haj pilgrimage should get flu shots beforehand to reduce the risk of a flu pandemic,” said doctors in the recent issue of British Medical Journal (BMJ).

Respiratory problems are already common during the Haj congregation.

Aziz Sheikh, an epidemiologist at the University of Edinburgh, has issued a warning that such a gathering makes a possibility of a global flu pandemic much more likely.

Mr Shaikh said that overcrowding was common during Haj and epidemiologists think at least one in three pilgrims would develop respiratory symptoms during the stay.

“That ratio increases when pilgrims come from economically developing nations” he said.

Such a large gathering represents a major public health risk, according to the editorial in the BMJ, particularly at a time when the risk of a pandemic is thought to be high.

"From a public health perspective, such a gathering makes the possible rampant spread of the influenza virus and a global pandemic, which many experts believe is overdue, a potentially devastating prospect that has been inadequately prepared for,” wrote Prof Aziz Sheikh and his colleagues.

The authors said the crush of people meant it was “not unusual for 50-100 people to share a tent overnight” in desert camps, a degree of overcrowding that “greatly increases the spread of respiratory infections”.

They said the World Health Organisation “must work with the Saudi authorities to minimise the risk of the influenza virus spreading among pilgrims (and the rest of us)”.

\
This is definitely SCARY. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2006 at 10:52am
Can't understand why the mainstream news picked this up so late , Africa was talking about it early Nov 15 .

Nigeria: Board Commences Vaccination of Intending Pilgrims

Daily Trust (Abuja)

November 15, 2006
Posted to the web November 15, 2006

Abdullahi Bego & Hamza Idris, Maiduguri

The Borno State Pilgrims Welfare Board has commenced vaccination of intending pilgrims to Saudi Arabia against polio, cerebrospinal meningitis and yellow fever diseases.

The exercise came as the Shehu of Borno; Dr. Mustapha Umar El-Kanemi pledged to support effort at combating the resurgence of poliomyelitis in some parts of the state.

The vaccination of the intending pilgrims follows announcement by authorities in Saudi Arabia that intending pilgrims from Nigeria "must be vaccinated against polio" in addition to regular health safety requirements in preparatory to the 2007 annual pilgrimage.

A statement from the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the pilgrims' board, Alhaji Umaru Mustapha advised intending pilgrims from the State to visit the designated vaccination centre along Custom Area, Maiduguri to be vaccinated.

Linda-ann View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda-ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 2:40am
This is a very serious situation. I plan to have my preps finished by the end of February. Of all the articles I have read this one is the most scary

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2006 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Linda-ann Linda-ann wrote:

This is a very serious situation. I plan to have my preps finished by the end of February. Of all the articles I have read this one is the most scary  
LOL, my exact words for February 2006! I did complete the three months at that time and now I have a full nine months, closing in on one copmlete year's supply. Fortunately we have a well plus a lake across the road. Good luck Linda-ann
Linda-ann View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda-ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Annie Annie wrote:

Originally posted by Linda-ann Linda-ann wrote:

LOL, my exact words for February 2006! I did complete the three months at that time and now I have a full nine months, closing in on one copmlete year's supply. Fortunately we have a well plus a lake across the road. Good luck Linda-ann

After reading at least a thousand articles on the virus and planning and prepping . This article really puts together all the risk factors . Crowded conditions , lack of sanitation , limited finacial resourses .
the three elements you want the least stired together to create a pandemic. Then bring it back home. prep on /....Finish by the end of FEbruary .     
birdman56 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 4:54am
Every year we here this cr@p, the Hajj and the BF.

Again get lives people. A couple were DRIVING from South Carolina to NYC and were killed when their car ran off the road andd into a swamp!

$hit happens live your life.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 6:09am
Hello Birdman,

Just curious, I read your first few posts and you seemed interested in the info on this forum and in sharing your concerns.  Lately you seem to want to discourage or bash our efforts here - especially comming from a retired teacher - what's up.   Flu, pandemic or natural disaster, what's wrong with staying one step ahead by sharing good information and trying to lead healthier lives?  I just wish I had the knees to run 10 miles a day like you can.

Off topic I saw in your earlier posts that you got real sick when you were 13 and my dates match your illness with possibly the Hong Kong flu in '68/69.  I also got real sick in 1968 and wound up in the hospital with renal failure my Mom said they almost lost me.  I hate the flu!
birdman56 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 1:18pm
Sometimes I get here read some of the posts and quite frankly go nutso. I must understand that many who are on the forum are newbies and scared.

At 50 years of age I have become the ultimate cynic. Which to say is nothing to be proud of.

I WILL stop the dumb comments, Yes that flu was no joke back then!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 1:42pm
Every holiday I become uneasy with everyone getting together in large groups. Be it terroism or bird flu, it is a state of life that we all now live in. Really makes you wish for the old days back again. That will never be. So it is natural to be conserned and worry about what is going to happen next. Everyone does have a life , and we all try to live them. Turn on your computor and all you seem to see is the fish in the ocean will be gone by 2040 or that the ice caps will be gone by then or that the sea levels are going up. Take your pick our lives have changed forever and will never be the same. So we all keep reading and learning and waiting. All we can do is be prepared for what ever comes next. And hope to god we keep our heads about us.   
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 3:12pm

With the lack of sanitation most of those people live in, I don't think it would make much difference.

Twiggley View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2006 at 6:40pm
excerpt    "More and more people are coming down with high fever and flu."

I guess there IS flu at the Hajj this year?

http://www.asianews.it/index.php?l=en&art=8112&size=A#

SAUDI ARABIA
Hajj: millions of pilgrims commemorate Muhammad’s last sermon

Today the ritual journey from Mina (Makkah) to Mount Arafat takes place. Cold weather is not dampening pilgrims’ spirit. Security measures are tighter than ever to avoid past stampedes.

Makkah (AsiaNews/Agencies) – It is cold and the wind is blowing on the plain at the foot of Mount Arafat where, 14 centuries ago, the prophet Muhammad delivered his last sermon. Today some two to three million pilgrims will be making the ritual journey from Mina valley (Makkah) till here.

The ritual, known as the standing at Arafat or waqoof, is considered the most important part of Hajj, the pilgrimage every Muslim should make at least once in his or her life.

The pilgrims will spend the night in Muzdalifa to collect pebbles for the symbolic stoning of the devil at the Jamrat in Mina in three days time.

The weather is bad and most pilgrims are spending day and night outside, in field tents or walking. Many do not have the right clothing for the current weather conditions, which were much better in previous years.
More and more people are coming down with high fever and flu.

“This is unbearable. But then this is what Hajj is all about. We have to sacrifice. Hajj is no picnic as some people think. It is an arduous journey,” said Abdullah Al-Qahtani from the Kingdom’s Northern Province.

In previous years up to two million pilgrims from 170 countries took part in the pilgrimage. This year, many more are expected.

The number of foreign pilgrims participating in this year’s Hajj has reached a record 1,654,407, according to Interior Minister Prince Naif.

Saudi authorities grant a permit for every 1,000 believers in any one state, but many pilgrims come anyway without official papers.

“I’m here to answer the call of Allah and pray for peace and tranquillity in my motherland,” said Iranian pilgrim Haider Ali Najafi.

“Words can’t describe how I feel,” said Ismail Attiyeh, 45, from Syria, choking with emotion. “To see all these people from around the world responding to the call and speaking in one voice to our creator gives me unprecedented feelings.”

Despite thousands of police officers, the huge throngs of the faithful have caused problems in Mina, especially for pilgrims camping without permit or trying to pray near the al-Khaif Mosque which according to tradition holds a Muhammad relic.

Overcrowding has caused serious incidents in the past. At least 364 people were were killed in a stampede in Mina in the last Hajj, 251 the previous one, always at the entrance of the narrow Jamrat bridge from where pilgrims throw pebbles at three pillars that represent the power of evil.

In order to avoid the problem, Saudi Arabia allocated US$ 1.1 billion to expand the Jamrat Bridge into a multi-storey structure. The first phase, completed in time for this Hajj, allows up to 250,000 pilgrims to move across the bridge each hour.

A religious edict was also issued this month allowing pilgrims to begin the stoning ritual in the morning rather than the afternoon as per tradition.

But pilgrims are not worried about the risks that crowding bring. “I have no fear, no concern and no anxiety,” said Irfan Habib, who lost his uncle in last year’s Mina stampede. “It is part of our faith and that’s why we are here. If I die here Allah will reward me with paradise.”

Some HIV patients are among the pilgrims, their trip paid by anonymous donors. With a doctor as medical supervisor, they have come, happy, doing what none dared to hope they could do. (PB)

Last Updated: 12/29/2006 13:26
Just Ducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 12:38pm
    Think of the bright side
at least it might give us a start on killing the Muslims
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2006 at 6:48pm
Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 2:40am
Just Ducky: I could not believe for one minute that all Muslims are murdering terrorists. The majority are just like us, wanting to live in peace so they can get on with their everyday lives of getting their bills paid and raising their children. IMHO.
If ignorance is bliss, what is chocolate?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 3:04am
deleted ( by Ross )
Twiggley View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 5:05pm
the 22 Egyptian pilgrims died of natural causes or due to complications of diseases they had contracted.

22 Egyptian pilgrims dies during Mecca hajj
www.chinaview.cn 2006-12-31 03:44:49

CAIRO, Dec. 30 (Xinhua) -- The death toll of Egyptian pilgrims during Mecca hajj in Saudi Arabia has risen to 22 till Saturday, the official news agency MENA reported.

Eight pilgrims died on Friday, the beginning of haj ritual, while 14 other Egyptian pilgrims died on or before Wednesday.

Most of the Egyptian pilgrims died of heart attacks, said Yousri Shaaban, head of Egyptian medical mission, adding that there was no epidemics or contagious diseases among the Egyptian pilgrims as the 22 Egyptian pilgrims died of natural causes or due to complications of diseases they had contracted.

Four Egyptian medical teams were sent to Mecca where medical workers are offering necessary medical services for Egyptian pilgrims.

Nearly 70,000 Egyptians had headed to Saudi Arabia for hajj, according to MENA.

More than two million Muslim faithful performed dawn prayers on Friday on Mount Arafat or Mount Mercy near the Saudi holy city of Mecca during the annual Muslim pilgrimage -- the hajj, said the report.
gnfin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 5:26pm
What the hell is that? What an ass! You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 8:03am

First batch of RI's hajj pilgrims to return home Jan. 5

A total of 205,000 Indonesians performed the hajj pilgrimage in the current sea.A total of 282 Indonesian Hajj pilgrims died in the Holy Land until Thursday morning (Jan 4), the Hajj Media Center of the Religious Affairs Ministry said on Thursday.The total included 12 Hajj pilgrims from Jakarta, who passed away in Mecca or Mina, it saidOld age, pulmonary edema, bacterial pneumonia, fibrosis and cirrhosis of the liver and cardiac arrest were among the causes of their death.............   

.Jedda (ANTARA News) - The first batch of Indonesian hajj pilgrims were scheduled to return home on Friday (Jan 5) from King Abdul Azis airport, after a 24 hour-transit in Jedda, a spokesman said.

"The first-batch hajj pilgrims from Medan (North Sumatra) would be the first to leave the King Abdul Azis air port for home," Subakin Abdul Muthalib, head of Indonesian hajj services division for Jedda region said here on Thursday.

The first batch pilgrims would take off at 12.25 local time, Subakin said.

"A total of 18 batches are expected to arrive in Jedda from Mecca, for a transit at nine hotels," he said.

Subakin, however, said that the first batch of pilgrims from Solo was the first to arrive in Jedda from Mecca at 8.00 local time.

According to him, during their transit in Jedda, all the hajj pilgrims would be given four meals a day and an opportunity to enjoy a free sightseeing trip.

The sightseeing tour will cover the Red Sea and Qishas mosque in Baghdad, Subakin said.

A total of 205,000 Indonesians performed the hajj pilgrimage in the current sea.

A total of 282 Indonesian Hajj pilgrims died in the Holy Land until Thursday morning (Jan 4), the Hajj Media Center of the Religious Affairs Ministry said on Thursday.

The total included 12 Hajj pilgrims from Jakarta, who passed away in Mecca or Mina, it said.

Old age, pulmonary edema, bacterial pneumonia, fibrosis and cirrhosis of the liver and cardiac arrest were among the causes of their death.
< =text/> < ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/>

Islam obliges its followers -- who can afford it -- to perform the Hajj at least once during their lifetime.

Some pilgrims from Jakarta are scheduled to arrive at the national capital city on Saturday (Jan 6).

Lack of food was experienced by Indonesian pilgrims in their camps in the Arafah plains last Friday (Dec. 29) due to failure of a Saudi catering firm had signed a contract with the Indonesian Hajj mission to provide food to nearly 200,000 Indonesian pilgrims. (*)
justducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2007 at 8:24am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 2:28am
Hi JustDucky ,

If you lived in a society where religious thugs and other Politically motivated
thugs are likely to arrive at your doorstep if you  says something  they do
not like - You would probably be very quiet also.

And its a vicious circle , when facts are not challenged more people believe
the other side of the story ,  Newspaper are fearfull of expressing dissent
etc.

People are very , very vunerable to the words of respected religious ,
tribal or political leaders .

Look at your own society ,  a respected political leader only has to say
some idiot words , like "the moon is made out of green cheese " and there
will be people seriously discussing the possibility on TV with in minutes.

And sooner or later you are going to meet somebody who has
"an open mind on the subject " .
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 6:44am

When do the Haj pilgrims complete their journey and the final pilgrim leaves for home?

What I’m thinking, seven more days from when the Haj Pilgrimage began would complete the incubation time of an unsuspected contagious bird flu victim to become ill, then the next day perhaps a few more ill victims of H5N1, then etc…. I’m also concerned about the 70,000 Egyptian pilgrims with 22 that have already been identified as dead. I really question the “heart-attacks” and “other” dieses they died from, especially coming from an active H5N1 location. I wonder if any were related to the three identified dead H5Ni Egyptians? How many others have already died and from what countries?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 7:23am
With over 2,000,000 people expected to attend this event 200 deaths leat alone 22 would not be unusual.  Most go to be close with their God and surely many already in advanced stages of illness go to seek salvation.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Cruiser Cruiser wrote:

With over 2,000,000 people expected to attend this event 200 deaths leat alone 22 would not be unusual.  Most go to be close with their God and surely many already in advanced stages of illness go to seek salvation.

Gosh Cruiser, I had not even considered how many advanced staged ill may be trying to make the trip before death! Even the very contagious might still try to make the trip.

I just thought 22 Egyptians in 70,000 at the start of the pilgrimage was a bit high, I was not considering the 2 mil in that thought.
Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 12:06pm

justducky: Please provide the location of the scriptures that say outsiders must be killed if they do not convert. I would like to read this for myself, especially since their scriptures have been around for thousands of years and there are still a lot of people alive who have not converted. If I am going to be informed about what they believe, I must go to the source. With my own Bible, I never just accept what people tell me is in there or what it means, even the one preaching, or my best friend, or even my sister. I find out if it's really in there and the context and reason if it is.

Ross: I agree. Totally.

Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 2:20pm

justducky: I have been doing a search and finding some things you have probably been reading. I dismissed all the far out radical sites that just want to to stir up trouble (of course) but there are still a lot of reliable sources that have a lot to say on this subject.  To say the least, I am mildly agitated, and will continue my research on this subject. I still understand that not all Muslims feel this way, but they are severely oppressed and in danger of their lives if they say anything contradictory. I would still like to read the scriptures for myself. How can a muslim escape the tyranny of a forced religion, particularly if their Quaran calls for their death? Not that all are forced. Will read more on this. Thank you for goading me into this research. I think.Pinch

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 5:28pm
Judy,

A book you might find interesting is "The Everlasting Hatred, The Roots of Jihad"  by Hal Lindsey.

The Muslim holy book pulls no punches in its denunciations of Jews, Christians and their faiths.

The pattern of "confess Islam or face the sword" was established by Mohammad in A.D. 629  when the first Muslim massacre was executed against the Jews.  The Jews of that time refused to acknowledge Mohammed as anything but a false prophet.  This infuriated him so he marched against the Jewish tribe and besieged their village.  When they  surrendered and came out one by one they were beheaded.  After dealing with the Jews, who had not only rejected but also opposed him, he began to train his disciples as warriors.  The Muslim religion was spread by force - convert or die.  There are over 100 verses in the Koran that are violent. 

Not only do Muslim familes teach their children to hate Jews from the cradle, but they also interweave this message of genocide into their textbooks. Today Muslim governments have offcial policies against Jews written into their textbooks.

Albert created a web forum for disscussion about the Middle East at http://www.middleeastconflict.org/

mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 5:30pm
   Ugh..I must say this does give me pause. I would imagine that the return of the pilgrim's to their homes...which I believe is in the next day or so... the situation will need to be watched pretty closely by health organizations...AND those of us on this list...:)

Let's all watch very closely. I am going to try and get a bit more savy in peeking in on news abroad. Gettin' nervous. Think I might need to make a run to the store tomorrow...I dipped into my preps this past week or so...need to restock..:) Sincerely, JD
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 6:03pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 7:03pm
So JustDucky ,

Do you want to make the situation better or make it worse.  Becaue
to use language like  "Love to put a bullet in their heads " can only make it worse.

Like you I am not a big fan of the Hot head Islamic movement but
its like Vietnam - a war for the hearts and minds of the people .

More brains and less muscle mate  ( join the team or lose the war ).
Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 9:58pm

JustDucky and 4thegirls: Thank you both. I have written down the names of the books and the authors and will try to locate them here. I have heard of Hal Lindsay before, but can't remember where? Anyway, I will be looking into this more, but for now, I still don't want to see them all dead. Even though my faith assures me I will never remember I am a muslim and would have to die. Gonna die some day anyway even if avian flu doesn't get me, and can't unbelieve what I believe. Smile

justducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 7:20am
Margreth View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 7:55am
I do not beleive that all muslims are terrorist.

I have noticed that there is more tension in the relationship between non muslims and muslims.

The future is less stable than it has ever been. The avian virus and the threat of terrorist has made the world alot less stable.

I grew up Christian and    never was taught to hate anyone. I resent being hated by any religion. It time to open up the discussions about this now.

We have been taught to be politically correct but that attitude may catch us sleeping at the wheel. It time we discussed the difference in the beliefs and the threats to our futures. It hard to do it without sounding raciest but to have no voice is wronge too.
The door to hell locked from the inside. The key to being all that you can be is yours to use. Find your power
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 9:26am
Just Ducky - I agree , but the plot is to seperate the Radicals from the rest.
Weaken them by depriving them of the  support  of the rest of their
communities.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 4:39pm
Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2007 at 8:56pm
JustDucky: The "rest" are the very ones I care about. The ones I don't want dead. The ones I've been talking about. They are muslims too.

justducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 7:03am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 7:01pm
Pilgrims are returning...

Jan 13, 2007

Read in full here..

http://www.antara.co.id/en/seenws/?id=25597.

Weeping, shouting mark return of W. Jawa hajj pilgrims

Excerpt...

In the meantime, a hajj pilgrim, Soeantony, voiced his complaints over the performance of the Saudi Arabian and Indonesian governments for having made hundreds of thousands of Indonesian pilgrims starve during their stay in Arafah.

He said he would ask for the government`s responsibility over the case. (*)

Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2007 at 8:44pm
JustDucky: As I promised, I have read more on this, a lot more. Frankly, I don't like what I am thinking or feeling on this subject. My first instinct is a lot of anger, as you probably well know.  But one thought holds this in check: Is there an agenda to make sure sure only the sensational or violent stories get printed? (Americans certainly spend money on this type of reading, and our own movies reflect this.) Is there a bias toward this type of journalism, an intent to spread prejudice against Muslims? It wouldn't be the first time the media pulled this, and anyone of my generation remembers the violence  of the fifties and and sixties that was propogated by the prejudice of previous generations.  You wanted me to have an open mind and the light is on and can't be turned off. But now I am asking you also to consider this: mass media presents mass ideas and you can't believe everything you read or the slant placed on every story. Think carefully before you decide what to believe, and read some of the opposing viewpoints also. That is what I am doing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic