Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > Home Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Law Enforcement or Military

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CStackDrPH View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CStackDrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Law Enforcement or Military
    Posted: October 18 2013 at 9:33pm
I'm a contributor to the FBI collaboration called "InfraGard," and serve as a bioterrorism subject matter expert:  http://https://www.infragard.org/

We have quarterly meetings & usually have high-level presentations by FBI, DHS etc.  

When it happens, we hear about it first.  We have a WMD presentation coming up, can't wait to see what that is about!  I'll share what I can.

Lately, I've enrolled in the Aurora, IL  "Citizens Police Academy," which trains civvies like me in police operations.  Last night we did room searches, I got killed a few times....not as easy as it looks!  The key is to avoid "tunnel vision," i.e. don't fix your gaze on the conflict, or only one aspect of a scene....trust your peripheral vision & keep your eyes moving.  

I salute all of our military & law enforcement!  Thanks, one & all!  Thumbs Up
CRS, DrPH
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Dang, I am impressed! Thank you all for your service for us who enjoy our freedom from your sacrifice.

Great question Albert our fearless leader!   Also makes me feel like I am not so crazy about how much I prep!

Prepping is not crazy. look at our great grandparents or grandparents who lived through the depression/WWII. My grandparents always had a 1-2 acre garden, a couple pigs, a lot for raising a calf for beef, a well, a smoke house/ salt boxes. They knew first hand what it was like and did not want to be hungry again.

Americans as a whole have become Dependant on just in time delivery and not taking the steps needed to ensure they can survive the first 7-14 days of a large disaster. I try to get people on ready.gov/red cross  websites anything to show them, look even our government is saying to prep. After Katrina people should have taken note. I am in the New Madrid zone and some of the table top exercises are downright scary.

With the mentality that some people have that they will just steal and loot it makes things worse. And the neighbor down the street that is a great guy, has three kids, ten days in to the New Madrid Quake his kids are crying and starving, no help is near, what is he going to do?

Prepare yourselves to be able to survive with NO help for 3-6 months and you will be fine. Be able to defend your self and food supply. If no food can be found, and somebody takes yours, is that not life threatening?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 9:35am
Dang, I am impressed! Thank you all for your service for us who enjoy our freedom from your sacrifice.

Great question Albert our fearless leader!   Also makes me feel like I am not so crazy about how much I prep!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2013 at 4:48am
Former USN/Lt. MFD/FEMA OPS Coordinator/CERT Instructor/EMA OPS/etc/etc
RICHARD-FL View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICHARD-FL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 1:49pm
I served for 20+ years in the US Marine Corps retiring as a Gunnery Sergeant.  E-7  Expert at small arms

Moved on to become Law Enforcement Officer; State of Florida for 4 years  - completed 8 college courses on law

Move on to become a Deputy Sheriff;  State of Florida for 6 years - completed 4 years of college with 2 more courses in law. 

Then I tried to retired again.

RICH-FL
"...No man is an island on to himself..." Words to remember

RICHARD-FL
PandemicsHappen View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PandemicsHappen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2008 at 3:02pm
Vietnam era Navy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 10:43pm
    Great question Albert. Looks like some of our Country's Finest are preparing for something. Makes me feel better that I may not be crazy for putting away food and ammo.
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2008 at 2:48pm
Huck View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 6:44pm
LE for 18 years.  Deputy Sheriff and promoted to Investigations almost one year.
Huck
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 3:32pm
Air Force Security Forces (Howard AFB before the closed it)

Police officer for three years now in two departments.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 6:28pm
Air Force Security Service for 4 years.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 5:35pm
Albert, Does a army brat count?? My dad was in for 30 years.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2007 at 7:43pm
    Hi Albert, I was in air ops with USMC, Pamie
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 11:44am
USMC here
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2007 at 8:02pm
Former Army Ranger here.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2007 at 4:43pm
Retired military. I'd tell ya which branch, but I'd have to....well ya know the line.....LOL.
Ret. Paramedic View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ret. Paramedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 4:03am
12 years in the Navy, lots of time as shore patrol.
detpat View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 10:33pm
US Army, and then a deputy sher. and finally ended up as a housing pd Lt.

i still work some as a PI.
never underestimate the power of human stupidity
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2007 at 8:56pm
Military and LEO. (Retired in 2001)

Sorry for the delay, I just found the thread.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 12:28pm
Ex British Army here
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 6:06pm
Miltary and some LE experince
njsgt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 1:22pm
   i'm a cop.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 6:04am
I'm curious to know if we have anyone here who has served as a police officer, or in the military? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic