Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

off topic: favorite movie lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 6:48pm
    wolfgang, you got it , was sierra madre. line from my favorite bogart movie, charley says if there's anything i hates it's leeches. i'm a big fan of early sci-fi.
diego View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 6:54pm
     wolfgang, you got it , was sierra madre. line from my favorite bogart movie, charley says if there's anything i hates it's leeches. i'm a big fan of early sci-fi.
Wraith View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Evergreen Evergreen wrote:

Originally posted by 7laws 7laws wrote:

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

I thought it was a line from an old Cheech & Chong movie. D

It was also a line in Blazing Saddles with Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape, finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Voltaire

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action"
Einstein
Diode View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 9:37pm
Dude,  You are almost as bad as I am when it comes to old movies.

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

I think this was war of the worlds ??????

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Wraith View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2007 at 9:46pm
Man, I can even see that part of the movie in my brain right now. Hedley Lamar is setting up a gang to go burn down the town and a group of mexican banditos laughs when he tries to give them the badges and says "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!" and they walk away laughing. GREAT movie!!!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape, finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Voltaire

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action"
Einstein
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 11:37am
I just watched the extended version of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. The phrase "Badges, I don't need no stinking badges", is not in that movie. Now maybe it was in one of the other "No Name" spaghetti westerns, but it's not in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.    
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 11:42am
I think it originated from"Treasure of The Sierra Madre", Humphrey Bogart.  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 11:58am
I think it was in "Blazing Saddles", but I don't think much in that movie was original.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Yep an google confirms the first use 1935

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 1:29pm

I told you so. It's the scene where the Mexican bandits are raiding Bogart's gold claim.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 2:17pm
wolfgang2000, if you are talking about hedley lamar, that is the funniest movie by Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles) That line is in that movie and very very funny.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 7:27pm
No I'm talking about the Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Thats the first time the line, "Badges, I don't need no stinking badges", was used. (Sorry I don't know how to type the accent.)    

I believe you when you say it was used in Blazing Saddles. It was a funny movie. Just not where the comment in question originated.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 7:29pm
wolfgang,

I loved the spaghetti westerns when I was little. The only one I remember the name to was the Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Guess I am showing my age or my youth. Those movies were made before I was born.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 9:29pm
Go a head and rub it in!!!!!       
njsgt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2007 at 11:08pm
    old john wayne movie, where he's walking up stairs drunk with a woman, they both fall down the stairs with her landing in his lap. his wife comes to the top of the stairs and finds the woman sitting in his lap and the duke responds, " now are you going to believe what you see or what i tell ya."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 6:39am
Originally posted by njsgt njsgt wrote:

old john wayne movie, where he's walking up stairs drunk with a woman, they both fall down the stairs with her landing in his lap. his wife comes to the top of the stairs and finds the woman sitting in his lap and the duke responds, " now are you going to believe what you see or what i tell ya."

McLintock, great movie!

It also proves how women always jump to the WRONG conclusion.

Legacy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 6:58am

"Heeeeeeeeerrre's JOHNNY!!!!!"

I do everything my Rice Crispies tell me to....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:51pm
"How about a tall glass of shut the *uck up!"  - Dawn of the Dead (remake)
emmajones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmajones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 10:21am
"Liar, Liar". Jim Carrey, under a spell that forces him to always tell the truth, after having sex with the boss lady, who asks him, "Was it good for you?" Carrey "I've had better." The look on his face was priceless!   
b4giving
diego View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 6:13pm
who could forget the lines from Deliverance, your gonna do some prayin for me boy. he's got a real purdy mouth. them panties to, take em off... weeeeeeeeeeee.
Legacy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 7:48pm
      ew....                                                        
I do everything my Rice Crispies tell me to....
quickdraw View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickdraw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:15pm
from dumb and dumber       My friends alittle slow, the towns back that way.
Everyday is a good day and if you dont believe that try missing one.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 12:07pm
"I'm Spartacus!"
wolfgang2000 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 12:23pm

"I'm Spartacus!"

One of my favorite movies.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 12:34pm
I liked the line in "All about Eve" when the statement "Fasten your seatbelts, It's going to be a bumpy ride!"
Seems appropriate now!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 6:13pm

The one Mach uses with the Tazer.....  "I would like for you to say hello to my lil friend".

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 4:55am

"There's no crying in baseball!"   

from "a league of their own"
stockmama View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stockmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 10:02am
“Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.”

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by stockmama stockmama wrote:

“Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooh,,forgot about that one,,,a classic!! cary grant

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 1:28pm
Okay ... Whoever gets this one gets to be moderator for a week.  Big smile

"They mostly come out at night, mostly.... "

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 1:48pm
    Fiction writer! YOu are quoting the highlander? Oh my god. Get the salami out because the cheese plate is coming.
justducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 1:51pm
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 1:55pm
jd....  Thumbs Down
Bill 100 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 2:07pm
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Aliens (1986)

Newt: We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 2:12pm

Good job Bill .... but just under the bell.   Wink    We'll still bump up your profile rating. 

Bill 100 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 2:21pm

I am not really one for profile ratings but sometimes I like a persuit.

Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:17pm
Here's another one:

---------------------------------------------------------
Jack: American voters want their leaders to be dumber than they are. They figure they'll do less harm that way.

Mindwalk - 1990
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:27pm

ok Bill, one more chance.   

"FREEEEEEEDOM!"

Question

Bill 100 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:33pm
Thats a easy one I didn't even have to look that one up (Braveheart) Mel Gibsons last words on the rack.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:39pm

Nice job.  I will find a better one for you.   

Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:47pm
I'm thrilled to have found the quote I tried to remember on my earlier post from Field of Dreams:
---------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham: You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day.
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 3:58pm

I believe this one was just up for best picture.

"Let's Roll!"

stockmama View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stockmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 4:04pm
Okay, I changed my mind--this is my favorite:

"Soylent Green is PEEEEEEEEEEEEOPLE!!!!" ...

Just Ducky View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Ducky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 5:07pm
fpmagnolia View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fpmagnolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 5:15pm
"Wait til they get a load of me." Jack Nicholson as the Joker in Batman.
LIONS AND TIGERS AND BIRDS. OH MY!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic