Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Does anyone Know?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone Know?
    Posted: March 08 2007 at 7:44pm
I just read an INTERNET news article that stated that a 15 year old Lao girl just died from Bird Flu. It gave the count of deaths at, at least 167.

I've been reading 167 for weeks. Does anyone really try to count? Or are they afraid to tell us?  Thumbs Down
FireHorse
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 9:07pm
We are given a ...tested  death count.  Deaths may go unreported or are attributed to other causes that are not tested for H5N1 varient.  So there is no truely accurate death count.

The clues to the growing severity are everywhere.  You may be picking up on that.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 9:36pm
In so far as I do not want to be accused of RUMOR mongering, I will give you a qualified answer.  I have been told, by professionals in the know, that the number today is somewhere at 700+ - qualified by saying that the discrepancy between the published 167 deaths and 700+ represent the unreported deaths in China and "other" Asian nations - collocated since 1997 and the recent past - and unknown but guesstimated AFRICAN and Indian deaths - unreported.

Also, those 600+ deaths from H5N1, or whatever the number is, is further substantiated (at least in part) by Dr Gratton Woodson, MD (and other medical and science professionals) - as the existance of those numbers are rumored to be material in why he has stated repeatedly on the record, that it is his opinion we are in stage 4 of WHO's Influenza Pandemic Phase System (de facto - read: because of, at least in part -  these numbers).  And that we have been there (Stage 4) since at least summer of 2005 - according to him. Although I personally doubt he needs them for support of his analytical reasoning that we are today in Stage 4.

For your consideration, 700+ deaths is really not that mind boggling of a number, when you consider it has been 9 years since death 1 - and you further consider the population in China specifically and Asia generally - of both Humans and poultry and swine - and cats, etc, etc.. - - - and China's predisposition for "fudging" numbers and potentially damaging 'official' information!

JUST TO BE CLEAR - I cannot attest to the validity of the above, just that it was given to me in good faith by trustworthy, conservative men and women of science and government.

Lazaras  
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 12:26am
All the numbers are confusing. I have no doubt that seven hundred could be the number. The question that begs, is how many have been exposed total. How many lived, we cant know that either, because some may not have even sought medical help.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:20am
Don't forget people who were given tamiflu and then tested negative days later.
Treatment with Tamiflu gives false negatives for H5N1.

I really wish my instincts were not so acute as it is a lovely spring day - the snowdrops and crocuses are out and it seems absurd to think of a pandemic in this weather.
I realise the flu season lasts till May and can start as soon as September.
My head says "things will be allright" but my instincts have me filling my cupboards, fridge, freezer etc!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 6:08am
remeber SARS, that death toll was 800, and we didn't know that number until years later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic