Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Feb 13 what have you done to prep today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:41am
I really like the idea of canning, but have no idea of HOW to do it. Are there any books or how do you go about it?? So many skills lost  that out ancestors had. Would appreciate any help. TIA
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 8:49am
Femvet, canning is pretty easy. I did it for years when my wife had a large garden.  There are numerous web sites which can guide you in the process. 

Google   Home Canning Foods 

A couple to get you started:

http://www.canning-food-recipes.com/canning.htm

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC3040.htm
Ella Fitzgerald View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ella Fitzgerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 4:24pm

I bought 32 cans of 10oz. white chicken meat (I know....may not be the best thing for a BF pandemic), 12 large cans of Progressive soup, 4 tea light candle warmer racks (to use to heat up can good meals), 100 tea light candles and some more chocolate.

Yes, the canned chicken was from Georgia, USA.

One step at a time.....a little each day.

Fruit Loop View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit Loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 7:41pm

Hi!

Well, today I bought a sling shot as my husband won't let me buy a shotgun (the one that has been recommended by bruss01- the Remington 870 12 gauge pump shotgun). I was willing to take lessons and everything! Well, plan "B" is the slingshot. I really liked the Wasp spray idea too that was posted a while back. I will have to test it to see if it really does have a 25 foot spray distance! I also got some canned stew and some workbooks for my kids if we should be indoors for a while with no school. Inch by inch its a cinch- mile by mile it'll be a trial! ( I think that's the right quote!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic