Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Health Care - Event Date: May 29 2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaBear4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Health Care
    Posted: May 29 2007 at 9:13am
This is my 2nd post, so I'm not sure I'm doing this right  but I wanted to remind everyone to make sure you are taking good care of yourselves while you are so buzy with your prepping. Please go to the dentist and don't put off that root canal  or crown. Get your teeth cleaned with things heating up it may be your last time for a very long time. Also of course don't put off any elective surgery or any routine tests . Eat right while you still can. Celebrate the little things and call that person you think about all the time but just don't seem to get to because you are so buzy.
Dlugose View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dlugose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 10:29am
Good advice mamabear!
If you neglect some things it may negatively affect your ability to fight off influenza, like even the healthiness of your gums.  And keep your mental health in good balance; worrying about things you have little control over can be harmful to your health and immune system.
The next time you are due for a tetanus shot do not accept a tetanus and diptheria shot, the recommendation for adults is a Tdp - tetanus, dipteria and pertusis.  You can have it two years after your last tetanus shot.  Diptheria (whooping cough) is more common than most doctors and labs are aware, because of a lack of testing for it.
Dlugose RN AAS BA BS Cert. Biotechnology. Respiratory nurse
June 2013: public health nurse volunteer, Asia
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 10:44am
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
littlemama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 5:41pm
Good Advice Mamabear. It is the little things that can
have a big impact in the long run. People may put off
their annual exams and going to the dentist because of health costs......or money going to prepping. A balance of all the bases needs attending to.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 5:59pm

The next time you are due for a tetanus shot do not accept a tetanus and diptheria shot, the recommendation for adults is a Tdp - tetanus, dipteria and pertusis.  You can have it two years after your last tetanus shot.  Diptheria (whooping cough) is more common than most doctors and labs are aware, because of a lack of testing for it.

Thanks Dan... 2 of us need it soon and i will ask for this.  I had heard of cases of whooping cough here.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by MamaBear4 MamaBear4 wrote:

Celebrate the little things and call that person you think about all the time but just don't seem to get to because you are so busy.
Your health recommendations were great, but your final comment is all to neglected. Thanks for your post.

ShaRenKa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaRenKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 8:21am
something I picked up at the drug store..."just in case"! A temporary tooth filling kit. Most know the pain involved with a bad tooth, they can spring up anytime...Better something than nothing!
Sha Ren Ka
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic