Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

How long will water in plastic jugs ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plainsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long will water in plastic jugs ...
    Posted: February 14 2006 at 2:02pm
last, before going bad? I'm talking about the kind you buy in a grocery store.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 2:36pm
The kind you buy in a grocery store already bottled usually have expiration dates on them.
AuntBones View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuntBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 2:40pm
Keep them out of sunlight, and off of cement.
TNbebo408 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNbebo408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 5:10pm
You can fill used bleach jugs with water also. They are made from a better grade of HDPE than milk jugs are. We save bleach bottles for this purpose.
plainsman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plainsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 5:23pm

Thanks for the tips.

The date on the jugs I believe has more to do with taste than anything else. I believe I read somewhere that after some time the water will interact with the chemicals in the plastic and will not be safe to drink. I just can't remember what that length of time was. Didn't think it was important at the time. :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic