Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Where do you go for your news?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levygoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you go for your news?
    Posted: January 08 2008 at 8:54pm
I visit many sites a day...but I like drudgereport, fox, cnn, of course here, effect measure, Egyptian Chronicles, panflu.gov, WHO, Can anyone tell me more places? I was just curious where you all get your news daily
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 9:25pm

Any news that is released anywhere is posted in our News section within minutes, therefore, if it's not posted in "News", then it probably isn't news.  By virtue of our name being "Avian Flu Talk", chances are we're going to have the latest avian flu news. 

A few of the main news sites are blocked here, which means asterix appear in place of their website name or URL when typed.  The reason is because a few of the websites that issue news declined exchanging links with us.  If they didn't post our link, we decided not to post theirs.  

If a link or name comes up blocked, please do not try to go around it by spelling the correct name.  Posting links to places that we're in dispute with, and there are a few of them, is not a good idea. 

Levygoddess View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levygoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2008 at 9:42pm
I like to get news from many sources for verification purposes. This was not posted to make you mad and I would not try to spell names to "go around" anything...I was just curious as to where everyone gets the news..I dont know who you have disputes with and am not concerned about pissing contest..my main focus is to get real true news so that we can all prepare and have a handle on information. I applaud you for keeping people like Niman or neiman..dont know , out because he/she seems to embellish things and I would prefer just the facts...but Albert I dont know who Im not supposed to refer to that you may have a dispute...I havent been on here very long and my bird flu information is what I have learned mainly on this site...so forgive me if I ask a question without an agenda....
God put us here for a reason
Tadeo View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 4:32am
Worldnetdaily, Drudge, SteveQuayle, StanDeyo......coms
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 4:36am
NewsNow, rueters alert net.

Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 6:56am
I apologize Levygoddess if it appeared that I was directing all of that at you.  I sometimes address things to everybody at once when I get the chance.  There have been past questions regarding why we block certain URLs and I wanted to try and explain a little.  

DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2008 at 3:05pm
FOX NEWS ,and RIGHT HERE!!!
WHAT TO DO????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic