Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

THIS SITE IS DEAD. WHY?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassy pants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by kmikesell kmikesell wrote:

That's pretty funny!

Great first post!!!!    
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 3:39am
People are watching and reading and the ratio of readers to posters is considerable. I think many users make the rounds each day and read if anything major has happened. I have posted significant news multiple times and what are people going to say.

I do know that some have expressed Avian Fatigue. That is, it has been two years, there are not bodies in the streets, and until there are people will put Avian in the TB bracket, or chronic annoying outbreaks which don't really threaten their personal lives. Until their family or friends begin dying from a Pandemic, some have grown comfortably number. 99% of the population neither believe that it about to happen, and by the time they do believe, too late.

You might compare this to a prophet who tell everyone Jesus is coming in Ecuador on the top of a mountain, they sell all their stuff, and go to wait on the mountain. Day comes, and no Jesus. Then the sweating leader says.. well, well... it will be pretty soon.

People here have heard pretty soon so much they are either willing to check just in case or have moved on with their lives.

A lot of people find it depressing and already have their water and beans stored up and there is nothing left to say until it really starts happening.

That is the bottom line. Until we have a virulent CNN 24 coverage event, people have gotten bored.

Medclincian
Hotair View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 11:39am
Hi Med,
I really appreciate your posts.I for one think that this virus is going to be the cause of the next pandemic. While I am not in a close- to- panic state of mind that I was last year,I still am vigilent.I am in the "have beans and rice stored" category.I just have to keep restocking the red wine.Darn.....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 8:07am
So very true medclinician....I have a two week supply of food stocked up but thats not for an avian outbreak. I check this site daily to monitor the progress of avian. I believe it will be pretty clear, when its time to stock up on food for a pandemic. I just have to shake my head when I see people do the chicken-little dance and say the pandemic is going to occur soon. I have seen it many times on this board and each time they have egg on their face.

web ferret View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Original Join Date: Long Term Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote web ferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by sassy pants sassy pants wrote:

Originally posted by web ferret web ferret wrote:

So it looks like only Gnfin thinks the site is dead...Well I'm glad its not.

cheap shot ! he has contribued far more than you,grow up and except people as they are not how you may preceive how people should be!shame on you    

I've been on this site a lot longer than the stats show as my original login vanished when the site had a few problems.

I just state what I see - Just as you did sassy.  Which is fine by me.
- Chat and opinions is why I come here - I can read the news sites anytime but its what is not on the news sites that I come here for.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 4:57pm
I know that the state of urgency I feel now will inevitably die down a little - it's human nature. Like Hotair I've definitely moved on from the panic stage I experienced at first, but I think a lot of what I feel now can be attributed to the fact that I'm a lot more confident about both my preps and mental readiness. I'm still not quite where I want to be, but I know that the last few shopping trips will be easy compared to those who haven't even started prepping. I still visit the site every day, and I usually learn something every time I do. My knowledge of the subject is so much greater than it was a year ago and I feel that this site, amongst others, has been instrumental in getting me up to speed. Thanks Albert. When you look back at older posts you do see some names that don't pop up anymore, so I think Medclinician is right about "Avian Fatigue" - there will be a lot of people who move on when it doesn't happen this year. Just remember, it's been getting more lethal and more widespread since 1997, and every year that goes by is time that's been given to you to get ready, and one year closer to the inevitable.

coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 3:27am
MED'S COMMENT: I do know that some have expressed Avian Fatigue.

I agree Med. I am also at times getting " Avain fatigue". we are going to start using some of our preps. My wife say,s we have way too much of it. I tend to agree. Maybe we did get way too much stuff.Anyway, we all know that a panflu will come. " NOT IF BUT WHEN". It's just taking it's sweet time to get here.
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 6:36pm
This site isnt dead,and I like it! You have really good information here. Thanks folks!
BMW1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2008 at 9:14pm
  I am stiil on board.  I've been in Texas for the past 9 days.  I checked the  everyday that I was gone.  Keep up the good work.
Mississipi Mama
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:53pm
One of these days, I hope this thread will die.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic