Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The new Clock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The new Clock
    Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:40am
If you all notice, there is now a big clock located at the bottom of the forum.   Could be interesting to follow down the road. 

coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:44am
COOL!
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:44am
Cool Albert! Definitely interesting.
ShaRenKa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaRenKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:52am
Sure does OPEN ones Eyes there! Whoa! When you see whats actually going on and how fast?..like babies being born, how much gas is left in reserve, and the CO2, how many trees are being cut down ....along with all else? Kinda make one feel insignificant in this world...it all boils down to a matter of Time..and it sure is ticking fast!
Sha Ren Ka
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 9:58am
That clock is the best "reality check" I know of that's around. Just spending a minute taking in each number gives pause for concern. I'd call it super depressing. When I see how much is being lost and how much destruction is being created in real time, it makes me want to go live in a cave. Not a pretty sight. I'd say thanks, Albert, if I weren't so depressed. D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:18pm

Looks like the running population is going to hit all six's today.  John Gardner would love this one. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 12:39pm
Hey that is cool

Smile
H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:03pm
Very nice. What is "time elapsed", since when?
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:20pm
Totally cool!
SusanT View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:20pm
Since Jan 1st, I believe. 2583 hours is just over 107 days
H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:23pm
Thanks!
PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:47pm
Wow cool Albert.  I saw it and was like where did that come from.  So I checked another post and noticed it there to. 
PrepGirl
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 2:58pm
Thanks gang, glad you all like it.

Peterbilt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterbilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:11pm
this is a cool number
world population
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:19pm
Boy, like watching the life of our earth going down the tubes. I just hope my child and future children will have a good life. After that I'm not sure I would want to be here on earth.
Peterbilt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterbilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Boy, like watching the life of our earth going down the tubes. I just hope my child and future children will have a good life. After that I'm not sure I would want to be here on earth.

its all in the gears, humans are like a virus meant too fail in evolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TboJUxTIaC4

reality check View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reality check Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:26pm
Yes... welcome aboard Peterbilt....hope you enjoy the community... nice truck, are you a trucker?...did Cole direct you to this forumWink
Peterbilt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterbilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by reality check reality check wrote:

Yes... welcome aboard Peterbilt....hope you enjoy the community... nice truck, are you a trucker?...did Cole direct you to this forumWink

if he did then how much does it make a reality matter too you?
Peterbilt View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterbilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Peterbilt Peterbilt wrote:

Originally posted by reality check reality check wrote:

if he did, then how much does it make a reality matter too you?Pinch
zeronet View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeronet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:49pm
that is correct. you can also click on the month ratio and it will show the hours for the month, Day ratio will show for the day and "now" will start like a stop watch.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:22pm

Nice surprise Albert :)

I like the "Clocca"

AFT Space and Time

Sure beats the flow of sand in an hourglass, incense sticks, and candles to keep track of time.

"A time for peace" not war.

H2HPrep View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H2HPrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 5:59pm
The world population should be a 6's in about 90 minutes from now.
Confused
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 6:33pm
Love the Clock!
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by H2HPrep H2HPrep wrote:

The world population should be a 6's in about 90 minutes from now.
Confused

that would be midnight EST  =12 =6+6

I am staying up for this

I wonder if anything significant will occur when the sixs line up

Tadeo View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 2:24am
Get rid of the clock, it's annoying!  It's not even accurate!  This is some futile attempt by some tree hugging liberal to try to make me feel guilty.  Notice that the world population did not even slow down in the past week!  Now I feel like going hunting for the spotted owl in my BIG SUV.  And when I get back the wife and I will make plans to have more babies.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic