Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Will October Be Too Late?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will October Be Too Late?
    Posted: July 10 2009 at 8:39am

They hope to have...  100 million doses of vaccine by mid-October,

If Pres. Obama hopes to avert a crisis, vaccines should be taken with

parental consent....prior to school?

Most likely they can't be ready that early... October seems after the fact.... it was in 1918

October had a high death rate (not to compare death rates... just the timing)

500 state and local health officials will meet to prepare
..........................................................................................

Swine flu shots at school: Bracing for fall return

By LAURAN NEERGAARD – 18 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. swine flu vaccinations could begin in October with children among the first in line - at their local schools - the Obama administration said Thursday as the president and his Cabinet urged states to figure out now how they'll tackle the virus' all-but-certain resurgence.

"We may end up averting a crisis. That's our hope," said President Barack Obama, who took time away from the G-8 summit in Italy to telephone another summit back home -the 500 state and local health officials meeting to prepare for swine flu's fall threat.

No final decision has been made on whether to vaccinate Americans, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius stressed. That depends largely on studies with experimental batches that are set to start the first week of August — to see if they're safe and seem to work and to learn whether they require one or two doses.

article continues here-
1hQD99B59G02

Glow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 9:49am
Well hopefully our politicians will use common sense.  Seems to me that its time to think out of the box.  We could for example  delay when classes start and make up that time either by cutting out some holidays and or/extend school days by an hour or twoo when schools do start.  Also, we could let school go into next year summer months.  I for one am considering home schooling this year if I don't see some good measures put into place.
sparrowminded View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparrowminded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 10:28am
Pretty amazing, how quickly news is forgotten.  Read this very closely before you entertain any fantasies about inoculation:

http://www.conspiracycafe.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23465&pid=114262&st=0&#entry114262
The source may seem to be a bit questionable, but I've seen this in 4 or 5 places now, and they all quote the same story, including once before on the swine flu forum:
http://www.swineflu.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=24595
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:00am
Don't they know?  The law allows Govt./Big Pharma to do it...  innoculate... it's for the good of the community... people who are not innoculated....are dangerous.   So they can file suits til the cows come home.  The intellegent path would have been to do something 5 or 6 yrs ago when the Pandemic Plan began... too late.  Unless you take your children home to school or have a note from your doctor or fill out a State Exemption Form that innoculation containing animal/insect cells injected... is against your religious beliefs.

there are ways....plan ahead.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:04am
We could for example  delay when classes start

That would be the better idea.  Then parents can choose tovaccinate at their own doctor or near by clinic/pharmacy.   Parents can call the Doc. in the first week of August to ask
about vaccine...make sure they know if the school is using a LIVE vaccine... and When they plan to give it.   Parents need to get more invilved with the school/PTA and Plan Ahead.

chuckwks View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckwks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:15am
If you check the CDC info on June 12 posted on CIDRAP, you will find that the vaccine will not be distributed through commercial channels, but by the gov.  You can't call your Dr for a shot, he will be under guidelines as to who gets it.  The announcement yesterday was that we would start to get the vaccine mid October, ASSUMING THAT IT IS SAFE AND THAT WAS STILL EFFECTIVE FOR THE STRAIN IT WAS PRODUCED FOR.  A lot of wiggle room.  In other words don't count on a vaccine for John Q. Public for a while.
Chuck
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:37am
chuckwks.... thanks for info. They are scrambling now to find the best and safest according to WHO Pres. M. Chan... and hope tpo assist developing nations..

video.

Parents need to contact their Docs in Aug to plan ahead for the seasonal vaccine if they want to get it early on. 

safe vaccines.... informed parental consent.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:47am
I'm not totally against vaccination....  but i am leary of the word ....  Live... and the unknown action of chems that go along with it...and animal cells freak me out.  (sorry it does)

anyway.... be an informed parent.  talk to your doctor...if it doesn't sound right...find another Doctor, a lot of them are really on the ball.
......................................................................................

this this group....  honest people...   and may cause systemic infection

H1N1 is showing signs that it can move outside the respiratory tract to other parts of the body, something regular flu viruses normally do not do.
...................................................................................................

May cause systemic infection?    (we don't like to see the virus outside the lungs...)

They want to give this to children?  at least be informed.  especially if your child has an underlying condition.

Please Read  and   r e m e m b e r   this     >>>>>
...............................................................................................

...It definitely causes local infection and may cause systemic infection. ...

From-

Pulmonary Physicians of Tidewater, P.C.

Influenza

excerpt-

How about this nasal vaccine -Flumist - I've seen advertised on TV?

It costs more than twice as much as the injection, and insurance may not cover it for

adults. Medicare definitely will not cover it for those over 65.  This IS a live-virus

vaccine.  It can be spread to others, especially by health-care workers in contact with

the sick.  It definitely causes local infection and may cause systemic infection.  There is

frequent irritation and sniffles.           We are not stocking it at our office.

Source-
http://lungdocs.com/id18.html

.. ..

Glow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 1:17pm
Hi again everyone.  I want to let you all know what is going on in my country, Argentina(though you all are super inform already).  Well,  I have been talking to my family quite frequently and while the gov. is calling for them not to panic,  many people are in panic mode.  However, many are not taking the necessary precaution.  The gov. has made this today(Friday) a day of no work for gov. employees since yesterday July 9th was a holiday therefore giving gov. employees four days off.   Gov. officials asked these people to please not take this as a mini vacation but yet one of the most traveled roads leading out of Buenos Aires had back to back traffic of people doing exactly WHAT THEY SHOULD'NT BE DOING.  In just seems insane to me that the Argentine gov. hasn't done what the Mexican gov. did.  As for schools being closed, kids that have access to a computer AT HOME can log in to get there daily school work online....there is even a gov. website to get school activities.   If you have direct tv you can watch the news at 7pm Eastern time from Buenos Aires.  Every night they give the daily reports and they have a doctor that comes on to answer questions submitted by viewers.  I find from what I see that the medical community is doing a good thorough job.  One of the suggestions I saw a doctor give was for the gov. to bring in all of its doctors(Argentina has 1 doctor for every 200 citizens) and for these doctors go to people's homes rather then they comming to the hospitals.  I doubt the gov. will go for that, but I find it to be a good idea as it would help to stop people jamming in the hospitals waiting rooms increasing the spreading the disease.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 1:27pm
Thanks

Glow

That is great info from one of the worst outbreak areas. (Keep it up)

Sounds like the Gov initially didnt have much of a plan but is slowly getting their act together.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 10:42pm
I'd like to see drive thrus for people who have cars so they don't have to get out of the car for doctor's to check them...like they did for the flu vaccinations in our area last year.
Melody
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 10:17am
Thanks Glow... interesting.  That is a good idea to go to the people.  I'm thinking in the fall people may be too ill to go out for help.  I have read a little about mobile units.  That may be in cities?   I wish they were bright enough to keep the kids out of school until the vacs are ready.  But the virus is out there and i think it will rise up and the kids will be ill in Oct...Ill children are NOT supposed to be Vaccinated!  If a child has had the seasonal flu and was ill for a week That child should NOT be vaccinated.  They are Not educating the school personnel or the parents.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic