Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

CDC : Prepare Your Home For Emergency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CDC : Prepare Your Home For Emergency
    Posted: July 21 2009 at 3:09pm

CDC

Prepare Your Home for an Emergency

VIDEO

H1N1 Flu and Antiviral Drugs

VIDEO

waenderer View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waenderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 10:30pm
3 days of food ??? whoeha.....
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 10:34pm
Most people in the northeast have about a month stashed for winter.  and a way to keep warm.   Everybody remember... 16 drops of bleach to one gallon of water.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 3:34pm
Is anyone buying xmas gifts early?
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 3:52pm
Anytime before 6pm on Christmas Eve is early for me LOL
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Wishbone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 5:53pm

I am going to defrost the freezer now...to make room for a large turkey...larger than usual.

And getting the rest of the meal together also. I am actually trying to eat up most everything in the freezer in case the power fails.
Don't forget the turkey bags.

I grew a few redskin potatoes for the first time...In huge pots of  composted manure. They actually made potatoes in one months time. Fast. I put 3 seed potatoes in each pot. Next time I will put 4. They make potatoes about 4"- 6"   below ground, so not difficult to dig up.
They need a lot of water.
Now the sweet potatoes are just starting to take off. I have no hopes of getting anything out of them, but who knows. I think I started them too late.
Here is a couple of sites on potatoes:

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Mary008 Mary008 wrote:

Is anyone buying xmas gifts early?

I am, but I normally do.  I hate to shop when the stores are crowded, so I shop early to avoid the crowds.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2009 at 9:36pm

my potatos won't go there...  :O     But I am interested in them.  I didn't want to but I bought buds in a box... for Holiday foodie.  All my Holiday fixins will be bought ahead of time.   There is one stretch of road where people from miles nearly 50... go to shop about 15 min from us.  I will not go thetre...in the fall.  If there is something to get...it's over there.  hiding... in Starbucks.... or Barnes & Noble...Sam's... Theaters... all the fun places.

It is a little odd feeling to xmas shop so early... Jacksdad... my mom always said... "Your dad gets the xmas spirit on xmas eve"  We bought a tree about a week before xmas...now at my house we get it up... (looks so real) the day after Thanksgiving :)

scimla View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scimla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 12:10am
       Anybody who still believes in the CDC & WHO at this time is medically a moron. They have failed in controlling this pandemic & confused. Follow established infection control procedure by simple cleaning & disinfection...It can stop any pandemic...
scimla7seven
waenderer View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waenderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 12:54am
IF YOU ARE A SMOKER AND STOCK-PILE TOBBACO......DON T FORGETA LIGHTER OR 2...Tongue
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2009 at 4:19am
My opinion is that everyone needs 3 months of water, food and other supplies for the pandemic. Nothing less will do guys, nothing less. It is going to be a bumpy ride and we should know it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic