Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

A Conspiracy Of Silence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Conspiracy Of Silence
    Posted: August 26 2009 at 1:26pm

Setting the people up to die: A conspiracy of silence about swine flu natural remedies

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 by: Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor
Key concepts:
Vitamin D, Influenza and Swine flu
View on NaturalPedia: Vitamin D, Influenza and Swine flu

NaturalNews) It's emblazoned across the front page of USA Today, just underneath a subhead declaring Michael Jackson was, indeed, killed by a drug overdose: "Flu could infect half of USA." The article goes on to describe the predicted number of deaths expected in the U.S. (30,000 - 90,000 Americans) as well as the actions being taken by the government to protect Americans from the coming swine flu pandemic.

That advice reads sort of like a comic book of health care advice for kindergarteners: Wash your hands, cover your mouth if you cough and let "the grownups" take care of the rest by injecting you with a vaccine. Curiously absent from all the
health advice being handed out on the swine flu by the White House, the CDC, the WHO and even the FDA is any mention of Vitamin D or other natural remedies that offer enormous protections from influenza infections.

The absence of this information from virtually all the advice being handed out to the American public is increasingly suspicious. If a
pandemic flu is, indeed, threatening to infect half the U.S. population, and if most of the population is deficient in a nutrient known to strongly prevent influenza infections, wouldn't it make good sense to make a few announcements encouraging Americans to raise their vitamin D levels throughout the coming winter?

It is a well-known medical fact, of course, that influenza always gets worse during the winter months North of the equator and the summer months South of the equator (which are really called their "winter" months). This is because as sunlight hours lessen during the winter, the people living there become vitamin D deficient and are susceptible to influenza infections of all kinds.

The information resources backing this are easy to find. Even our own NaturalPedia.com website reveals a large amount of information on natural defenses against influenza (
http://www.naturalpedia.com/influen...). NaturalNews.com, of course, offers a wealth of articles on Vitamin D (http://www.naturalnews.com/vitamin_...).

In the realm of peer-reviewed medical literature, searching
Google Scholar for "influenza" and "vitamin D" returns tens of thousands of results (http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...). In particular, one study appearing in these search results is entitled Epidemic influenza and vitamin D. It was published in 2006 in the journal Epidemiology and Infection (2006, 134:6:1129-1140 Cambridge University Press) and its abstract reads as follows:

In 1981, R. Edgar Hope-Simpson proposed that a 'seasonal stimulus' intimately associated with solar radiation explained the remarkable seasonality of epidemic influenza. Solar radiation triggers robust seasonal vitamin D production in the skin; vitamin D deficiency is common in the winter, and activated vitamin D, 1,25(OH)2D, a steroid hormone, has profound effects on human immunity. 1,25(OH)2D acts as an immune system modulator, preventing excessive expression of inflammatory cytokines and increasing the 'oxidative burst' potential of macrophages. Perhaps most importantly, it dramatically stimulates the expression of potent anti-microbial peptides, which exist in neutrophils, monocytes, natural killer cells, and in epithelial cells lining the respiratory tract where they play a major role in protecting the lung from infection. Volunteers inoculated with live attenuated influenza virus are more likely to develop fever and serological evidence of an immune response in the winter. Vitamin D deficiency predisposes children to respiratory infections. Ultraviolet radiation (either from artificial sources or from sunlight) reduces the incidence of viral respiratory infections, as does cod liver oil (which contains vitamin D). An interventional study showed that vitamin D reduces the incidence of respiratory infections in children. We conclude that vitamin D, or lack of it, may be Hope-Simpson's  seasonal stimulus.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
no-bama4me View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no-bama4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

Setting the people up to die: A conspiracy of silence about swine flu natural remedies

If a pandemic flu is, indeed, threatening to infect half the U.S. population, and if most of the population is deficient in a nutrient known to strongly prevent influenza infections, wouldn't it make good sense to make a few announcements encouraging Americans to raise their vitamin D levels throughout the coming winter?

Not if this flu isn't deadly. Why induce panic if no one is dying?
And even if they are hiding info, its time to thin out the herd anyway. Short sighted breeders, having more children then they should, have overpopulated our planet. We need something to lower the population.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 4:39pm

good read :)

"Flu could infect half of USA."    good grief...  the common cold hits 100% ...the point is...

...It doesn't kill us all.  And neither will the Swiney Flu.

...Curiously absent from all the health advice being handed out ...natural remedies that offer enormous protections .

Because that idea doesn't make big bucks for Pharma.  And if they pay all that to make

vaccines...by golly they need to ...  use the product .

( oh, I shouldn't write after just watching WALL- E  :)

If panic can be induced.... control can be activated.

Why does the lettering get enormous after making a spelling correction to the post? 
no-bama4me View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no-bama4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 6:22pm
Very true about big Pharma Mary. I read an article saying that Elderberry was just as useful against the flu as tamiflu... but as its natural with no patent you never hear much about it.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 7:56pm
Totally agree on big pharma. 
I think we discussed this Vitamin D thing in another thread Mary008

Heres what I read on elderberry

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 8:34pm
LOL,4 -5 teaspoons of vodka everyday will cure anything!! LOL! However, you may become an alcoholic.
Dr.Who View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 8:43pm
I like alternative remedies (except homeopathic) and take a number of supplements myself. A basic rule I have is "don't take anything that does not work". It's a nice rule but harder to practice in reality since it can be hard to determine that something is or is not working.

One of the vitamins I take is vitamin D. When I tried it out I noticed within days that my bleeding gums which had responded to nothing else stopped bleeding. I think, but am not sure that I have gotten sick less.

Now in reading the reports above I noticed that there were some non-scientific reports that strongly said vitamin D would prevent or  lessen the incidence of flu. But it is very important to note that they were non-scientific reports.

Then there was the quote from the very scientific report. It had good methodology but did not actually say that a person who takes vitamin D will get the flu less. It "proposed" that one might get less sick.

I see no conspiracy, just a lack of reports that are both scientific and conclusive.

I would strongly recommend a person to take vitamin D (but not too much it can be toxic). But I am not a doctor and don't have a responsibility to only recommend things that meet a certain standard.

In fact, I would go farther. A person's immune system is complex and requires a variety of vitamins and other substances to work properly. If a person is deficient in any of these their system may not work as well as it should. What a person needs to take is whatever they are deficient in. The main culprits; vit D, vit C, Vit A, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and water, water, water.
Wishbone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Dr.Who Dr.Who wrote:

I like alternative remedies (except homeopathic) and take a number of supplements myself. A basic rule I have is "don't take anything that does not work". It's a nice rule but harder to practice in reality since it can be hard to determine that something is or is not working.

One of the vitamins I take is vitamin D. When I tried it out I noticed within days that my bleeding gums which had responded to nothing else stopped bleeding. I think, but am not sure that I have gotten sick less.

Does anyone have canned asparagus in your preps?
One can a day is said to control incontinence in some people.
A good thing to know if a person in your family depends on Depends.
I found a lot of info on the use of canned asparagus in some health forums in the net a  few years back.
Star
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 9:36pm

I too like alt remedies.... my Doc is up on them (Osteopath)  My dau wanted the B&T syrup
a lot during the virus (they don't test and won't say the word swine (like in Harry Potter..who's name we do not speak) the B&T is Homeopathic.. I also use Pollinasan Sinus Relief... keeps one off over the counter every fall..took it since 1991. Heaven.

But it is very important to note that they were non-scientific reports.

in ref. to Vit D3...

you are kind to warn.. and I realize it would be impossible to follow all these threads,
so I will mention that I did get good info off PubMed.. on D3

You have to forgive us :)    

some of us are of the ... if it is touted in PubMed... I'll try it school.

I guess it is because medical is so expensive people are getting...creative.

My Doctor is very up on all kinds of things.  I will have to visit him with all my potions and

questions before winter.  We are careful to share what we take ourselves...but it is best to

ask your Doctor about taking anything new because of  Drug interactions.

We know that corporations try to take natural substances and patent them to make big

bucks...  They ..Big Corp. ...tried to take the Neem from India... but the Indians fought it in

court and won.  Huzzah...  so I  agree no conspiracy  ...  just piracy.    :)

Mary008
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 9:36pm

Yes the site is quite radical in there presentation I have to agree.

Def not worthy of News, but a good read I thought.

Vitamin D is somthing I take myself

The site is a bit radical, did you see the anti pharma video link to youtube. It is actually well done, entertainment wise.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 9:39pm
Mahs... a popular thread :)

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2009 at 9:50pm
Official Info Vitamin D

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 1:51pm

[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have canned asparagus in your preps?
One can a day is said to control incontinence in some people.
A good thing to know if a person in your family depends on Depends.
I found a lot of info on the use of canned asparagus in some health forums in the net a  few years back.
Star
[/QUOTE]

I have a whole case, family like asparagus, although I didnt know that stuff
SmileSmile

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 2:10pm
File:Green%20Asparagus%20New%20York%2011%20May%202006.jpg

Green Asparagus New York

We like it fresh, and snap off the bottom tough part... and slather it w/ olive oil and

seasoning , placed on a cookie sheet and bake it, 375 degrees...sometimes we put 

dried cranberries on there along with bite size chunks of butternut squash... yum.

File:Asparagus3.JPG
GearedBull,, Jim Hood, Rebecca Foster

Mary008
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2009 at 6:12pm

Regulation of Antimicrobial Peptide by Vitamin D Found to Have Been Conserved for 60M Years

GEN News Highlights

A new study has concluded that one part of the immune system, the ability of vitamin D to regulate antibactericidal peptides like cathelicidin, is so important that it is has been conserved through almost 60 million years of evolution and is shared only by primates. The cathelicidin peptide has several different biological activities in addition to killing pathogens, and it is not yet clear which one or combination of them makes vitamin D so essential to its regulation.

Researchers from Oregon State University (OSU) and the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center describe the presence of a genetic element that is specific to primates and involved in the innate immune response in a paper published in BMC Genomics. The genetic material called an Alu short interspersed element is part of what used to be thought of as junk DNA but is believed to have important roles in regulating and turning on the expression of other genes.

It has been known that in primates this action of turning on an optimal response to microbial attack only works properly in the presence of adequate vitamin D. Additionally, researchers understand that vitamin D prevents the adaptive immune response from overreacting and reduces inflammation.

In the current study the scientists specifically discovered that Alu allows vitamin D to boost the innate immune response by turning on cathelicidin. The scientists thus suggest that the overall effect of this action is likely to help prevent the immune system from overreacting.

“It's essential that we have both an innate immune response that provides an immediate and front line of defense, but we also have protection against an overreaction by the immune system, which is what you see in sepsis and some autoimmune or degenerative diseases,” explains Adrian Gombart, Ph.D., an associate professor of biochemistry and a principal investigator with the Linus Pauling Institute at OSU. “This is a very delicate balancing act, and without sufficient levels of vitamin D you may not have an optimal response with either aspect of the immune system.

“The antimicrobial peptide that we're studying seems to be involved not just in killing bacteria, but has other biological roles,” Dr. Gombart continues. “It recruits other immune cells and sort of sounds the alarm that something is wrong. It helps promote development of blood vessels, cell growth, and healing of wounds. And it seems to have important roles in barrier tissues such as skin and the digestive system. Vitamin D is very important for the health of the skin and digestive system, and putting the cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide gene under its regulation may be important in this function.”

Any one or some combination of those biological roles may be why vitamin D-mediated regulation of the antimicrobial peptide has been conserved in every primate species ever examined for its presence, researchers say, and did not disappear long ago through evolutionary variation and mutation. The evolution of primates into many different families and hundreds of species has been carefully tracked through genetic, molecular sequence, and fossil studies, but the presence of this regulatory element in primates is still largely the same as it's been for more than 50 million years.

The evolutionary survival of this genetic element and the placement of the cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide gene under the regulation of the vitamin D pathway “may enable suppression of inflammation while potentiating innate immunity, thus maximizing the overall immune response to a pathogen and minimizing damage to the host,” according to the scientists.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 9:44am
Low vitamin D levels increase swine flu risk?

WTSP -- Canadian researchers are investigating if low levels of vitamin D make you more susceptibile to swine flu.

A recent study in the Archives of Internal Medicine followed 19,000 people and found those with low vitamin D levels had an increase in colds, flu and respiratory problems.

Now the Public Health Agency of Canada wants to see if low levels of vitamin D also make it harder for the immune system to fight off swine flu. Unfortunately, results won't be known for some time. Canadian health officials say it will be at least three flu seasons before they can expect results.

You can easily have your vitamin D levels checked with a simple blood test. It's good to know where you stand before you take vitamin D because it can be toxic in high doses.

You can also get vitamin D naturally by sitting outside for 10 minutes in the morning sun a few times a week. You can also eat salmon or vitamin D fortified foods like milk, yogurt and orange juice.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 9:47am
Mahs... does this look tiny still?

I took Vit D all last winter,... because it was being advised for northerners...low light,

not even a cold last winter :)

Mary008
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2009 at 10:04am

Text is good

Looks like it is fixed.
debracanice View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debracanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 12:11pm
I take vitamein D
for depression and I feel it works
What are elderbrries
are they related to mulbrries blackberries
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic