Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Back on Track- The New Flu Strain-the bad one

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back on Track- The New Flu Strain-the bad one
    Posted: December 21 2009 at 5:32am
So we are told its all going away and cases are decreasing and the bad bad scare of a coming really nasty Pandemic in January and February was a misty delusion. Despite a severe lag in information and a massive effort to cover up the story- wrong.

There is a new strain, a new threat, and this one is nastier. And an effort to put the economy in front of the facts and preparation has all but buried the news.

So.. a bit delayed.. after all great effort has gone to delaying it.. the news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/20/swine-flu-mutation-new-st_n_365764.html

New Strain of Flu in Europe- Harsher Symptoms and Drug Resistant - the real news

Swine%20Flue%20Epidemic

bloomberg.com:

European public health officials are investigating a handful of swine flu infections in Norway and Wales in which the virus mutated to a form that's more severe or less sensitive to drug treatment.

Five patients at a hospital in Wales contracted swine flu that resisted treatment with Roche Holding AG's Tamiflu, and three more infections are still being analyzed, the U.K. Health Protection Agency said today. That was the beginning of December- and ever since the story has been suppressed.

Read the whole story: bloomberg.com

Med

Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 5:42am
Bloggish Warning- I have included this for well- like the Twilight Zone - your consideration- we are working hard to find more stable links to support it. The one in the proceeding post does.

Ukraine plague / flu update 3 December 2009 (yesterday's numbers)

Thursday, December 3, 2009 - 09:46
< ="text/" ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

The h1n1 or whatever is happening is now starting to get much more serious, we will describe later what is going on but for now lets just cover the latest numbers or statistics of those infected in Ukraine.

As of yesterday, not today the number of people infected has jumped to 1 937 292, that is a massive jump in people infected and this is now cause for serious concern, not just in the Ukraine but the entire world especially in Belarus for now. 

Since yesterday 43 977 people got infected which means this is spreading faster, 116 982 People have been hospitalized because of this and 445 deaths have been recorded but we have reports that there are much more than just 445 deaths of this.

As of now we still call it h1n1 although there are now reports of people's lungs BOILING. This is unheard of in the history of h1n1. The lungs go further than a temperature of 55 celsius causing it to basically melt thereby killing those infected.

Comment: so there we were. The savage jaws of a coming real plague sweeping across Europe- and some doctors saying had reached the U.S. and suddenly- the strains of Sounds of Music and Mary Poppins in the official disease world.

Don't worry- be happy. The vaccine is .. coming- It works (forget the thousands of page of side effects and a leaflet which said - don't give to pregnant women). Nope, very quietly people were getting poked and now the media swept by midnight stories of health reform and how very convenient a Viking scale storm is headed for us on Christmas day. Chilling winds-a cold front pushed by mega pressure- to turn our roads into ice rinks while we huddle around and watch our spinning power wheels as our heater whirrs to keep up.

Is there a new strain? Meaner, tougher, and more drug resistant. Well, there was on December 3, with 1.7 million Ukranians almost locked in their homes sweeping across Europe. Did it.. just vanish.  Looking at the black ball with the 8 on it- Signs point to no. It is still with us.

Med.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 5:54am
Misinformation 101a- flooding- what is flooding? Well in my own words - it is to put current date tags on old news. Then when  search is down so many items come up top- that are horribly dated- the real current new is pushed off the stack- and so I did a current date news sweep and got this gem

Scientists Hasten to Find Vaccine to Stop New Flu Strain

By LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN
Published: December 16, 1997
With Hong Kong reporting two more cases of a new viral strain of influenza over the weekend, scientists are escalating efforts to develop a vaccine to avert a potential epidemic, United States health officials said yesterday.

comment: now here's a winner. What exactly were scientist doing in 1997 trying to deal ith a new flu strain 8 years before our current Pandemic? Weren't we in SARS land then?

Not quite.

The 1998 Jupiter Scientific report The Hong Kong Chicken Virus begins "Will humanity be wiped out by a deadly disease? If one day a virus emerges that can be transmitted as easily as the common cold and that has a 100% mortality rate, the answer to the above question could be yes. It is not hard to imagine an AIDS-like disease that is transmitted through the air we breathe." Was this report speaking of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, otherwise know as SARS?

According to Dr. Webster from St. Judes thorugh, in this same year, we had begun the march with factory animal farming to our current recombination (chicken,pig,human, bird) that would be the flu mutation.  Why is this ancient garbage flooding my search engine?

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

According to CDC the storm is nearly past. We are past the problem. Only 6% or so of the specimens in the U.S. tested have flu. Question- which specimens are being tested? General populaton?  Nonetheless, the big flu scare now dwindles to a Senate debate on health care and a nasty XMass blizzard.

Last night at midnight I got a message from Brazil. And of course, without big news and whatever we will wait a few days and see ..

but it is not over.

Med
Technologist View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 6:04am
Med click on Ukraine and note it's the only "tracked" country in the world that is having "another" peak already.

Ukraine
http://www.google.org/flutrends/ua/

World
http://www.google.org/flutrends/

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 6:19am

N Korea confirms swine flu outbreak

Kim So-hyun
The Korea Herald
Publication Date: 10-12-2009

North Korea acknowledged the domestic outbreak of the H1N1 flu for the first time yesterday (December 9), saying nine people were found infected with the virus in Sinuiju and Pyongyang.

The announcement came through the Korean Central News Agency, the North Korean state news agency, a day after South Korean President Lee Myung-bak ordered his government to find ways to help the North deal with the spread of the Influenza A(H1N1).

The North's Ministry of Public Health confirmed nine cases in the two cities, the KCNA said.

< ="text/" ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
"The relevant agency is further perfecting the quarantine system against the spread of this flu virus while properly carrying out the prevention and medical treatment," the KCNA said in an English-language report.

"The State Emergency Anti-epidemic Committee is keeping closer watch for possible flu cases and is working to improve the medical treatment for patients."

South Korea's Unification Ministry said it would take steps to discuss aid measures with the North's authorities.

"As the president said, the government is preparing to provide humanitarian assistance as soon as possible and without any strings attached," ministry spokesman Chun Hae-sung said.

"As we are considering sending drugs to treat the flu, we need expert opinion from related agencies such as the Health Ministry. We plan to talk with the North after intragovernmental consultations."

The government plans to fax a message to Pyongyang soon to offer the antiviral drug Tamiflu and request information on the situation.

If accepted by the North, the South's planned medical assistance could provide a momentum for inter-Korean dialogue.

When the avian flu broke out in North Korea in March 2005, Seoul had offered to provide aid by sending a message signed by the chief of the National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service to his North Korean counterpart.

The North accepted the offer, and following working-level talks, the South sent sterilising equipment worth 720 million won (US$619,461) to the North.

The Lee Myung-bak administration stopped unconditional aid to the North after taking office early last year, but has said it was willing to offer limited humanitarian aid if necessary.

The Influenza A pandemic has claimed about 8,700 lives across the globe so far including 3,900 in the United States, 117 in South Korea and about 100 in Japan.

A Seoul-based aid group called Good Friends said on Monday that a "new type of flu" had taken dozens of lives in Sinuiju, which borders China, and Pyongyang.

The group also said winter vacation for North Korean schools started last Friday, a month earlier than usual due to the fast spreading flu.

In May, the World Health Organisation provided an emergency stockpile of Tamiflu to North Korea and other developing countries, but Seoul officials believe it won't be enough.

The Med is back

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2009 at 6:23am

http://www.examiner.com/x-22920-Atlanta-Alternative-Spirituality-Examiner~y2009m12d12-H1N1-mutations-found-in-Norway-flu-victims

H1N1 Swine Flu Mutation Responsible for Severe Illness

"The mutation could be affecting the virus' ability to go deeper into the respiratory system, thus causing more serious illness," the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said in a statement.

The mutated version of this H1N1 influenza is a mixture of swine, bird and human viruses and has killed at least 6,770 people globally, according to the latest update. Similar mutations have been found in H1N1 viruses circulating in several other countries, including the Ukraine, China, and here in the United States.

Contradictory Reports from Government Officials and Doctors

The World Health Organization (WHO) said that the mutation did not appear to be widespread in Norway and the virus in its mutated form remained sensitive to antiviral and pandemic vaccines.  Although reports have been popping up all over the globe regarding the discovery of a Tamiflu resistant strain.

Med

SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2009 at 4:23pm
SheepLady
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic