Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

What's Going On In Europe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's Going On In Europe?
    Posted: January 14 2010 at 8:08pm
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 8:09pm

Widespread Anti-Immigrant Sentiment in Italy

Released: 01.12.10

More than 1,000 immigrants have been evacuated from southern Italy after a recent wave

of violence against African farm workers. 

cont..

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2010 at 11:57pm

Iceland votes to repay billions

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 15:55:36 +0000

VIDEO

Play Now

Iceland's parliament approved a repayment scheme to pay back 3.4 billion pounds to Britain and the Netherlands after Icesave bank collapsed last year and lost
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 9:43am

JANUARY 16, 2010, 8:49 A.M. ET

EU States Differ on Greenhouse-Gas Cut

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 10:47am

Europe's Shifting Immigration Dynamic

by Esther Ben-David
Middle East Quarterly
Spring 2009,

excerpt-

Researchers have long sought to chart the immigration dynamic and to predict future trends. When Poland joined the European Union, forecasts of the number of Polish workers who would immigrate to the United Kingdom underestimated reality. The British government expected 15,000 immigrants a year from the newly-admitted European Union countries but instead approved close to 430,000 applications in two years, a figure that does not include self-employed immigrants who could resettle without applying for a work permit.[3]

Even when the trend is known, forecasts tend to miscalculate reality. A Dutch study from 1994, for example, thought marriage immigration had already peaked.[4] However, a study from 2005 by a Dutch government agency, Statistics Netherlands, shows that between 1995 and 2003, marriage immigration of Turks almost doubled, increasing from slightly less than 2,000 per year to close to 4,000. Marriage immigration of Moroccans in the same period tripled, increasing from slightly over 1,000 a year to about 3,000. This same study expects marriage immigration to peak by the mid 2020s, as second generation immigrants age.[5]

Table 1: Moroccans and Turks in the Netherlands.

Source: "Ruim 850 duizend islamieten in Nederland," Statistics Netherlands, Oct. 24, 2007; Jorgen S. Nielsen, Muslims in Western Europe: Islamic Surveys (Columbia University Press, Oct.1992), pp. 60-1.

Table 2: Turks in Germany, 1973-2006

Source: Deutsche Welle (Bonn), Mar. 1, 2008; Jorgen S. Nielsen, Muslims in Western Europe: Islamic Surveys (Columbia University Press, Oct.1992), pp. 25-6.

In Germany, while the Turkish population stabilized briefly in the 1980s,[6] it later increased steadily despite the 1973 check on immigration (see Table 2).

Table 3: Muslims in Norway, 1979-2005

Source: "Islam I Norge," based on data from Knut A. Jacobsen, Dagfinn Rian, Kari Vogt, Verdensreligioner i Norge (Oslo: Universitetsforlaget, 2005); Jorgen S. Nielsen, Muslims in Western Europe: Islamic Surveys (New York: Columbia University Press, Oct. 1992), pp. 84-6.

And a 1997 study by the Norwegian Statistical Bureau found that 50 percent of immigrants had arrived since 1989, and that 30 percent of the total immigrant community had arrived in just the past five years.[7]

And, according to the lowest available estimates, the number of North Africans in France tripled since the government started restricting immigration in 1974 (see Table 4).

Table 4: North Africans in France, 1957-2003

Source: Michele Tribalat, "Counting France's Numbers—Deflating the Numbers Inflation," The Social Contract Journal, Winter 2003-04; Jorgen S. Nielsen, Muslims in Western Europe: Islamic Surveys (Columbia University Press, Oct.1992), pp. 8-9.

An Immigration Dynamic

While North African and Middle Eastern immigrants to Europe initially focused on filling the

labor market for short periods of time before returning home after a few years, after the

immigration stop the new immigrants were whole families-husbands, wives, and children-

who left their homeland behind to settle permanently in Europe. The arrival of families both

changed the scale of immigration and the entire character of the immigrant communities.

Immigrants now grew concerned about schooling, health care, and proper housing.

article in full here-

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 9:14am

It seems to work if it isn't talked about too much...  and is done in small steps...

Very Clever manuvering ( Watch For It In The USA )
The Policy Of Incremental Control
Where have we heard that before?

How The EU used Incremental shhhhh.....   Control.

The Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe (TCE), (commonly referred to as the

European Constitution or as the Constitutional Treaty), was an unratified international

treaty intended to create a consolidated constitution for the European Union (EU).

It would have replaced the existing European Union treaties

with a single text, given legal force

to the Charter of Fundamental Rights, and expanded Qualified Majority Voting into policy

areas which had previously been decided by unanimity among member states.

The Treaty was signed on 29 October 2004 by representatives of the then 25 EU member

states. It was later ratified by 18 member states, which included referendums endorsing it

in Spain and Luxembourg.

However the rejection of the document by French and Dutch voters in May and June

2005 brought the ratification process to an end.

Following a period of reflection, the Treaty of Lisbon was created to replace the

Constitutional Treaty. This contained many of the changes that were originally placed in

the Constitutional Treaty but

was formulated as amendments to the existing treaties.

Signed on 13 December 2007, the Lisbon Treaty

entered into force on 1 December 2009.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2010 at 9:02pm
. Author Markutsch 21:17, 1. Nov. 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Airbus_A400M_03.jpg

File:Airbus%20A400M%2003.jpg

A400M,

world's most advanced airlifter, completes first flight

11 December 2009

German defense minister pressures EADS on A400M ahead of meeting
................................................................................................

By Juergen Baetz, APJanuary 21st, 2010

...meeting of high level representatives from EADS and the A400M customer nations - Belgium, Britain, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Spain and Turkey-  at the German Defense Ministry.

...The aircraft is now four years behind schedule and more than euro5 billion ($7.3 billion) over budget.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 1:30pm

Can France Handle Their Population Increase ?

2010: a longer life and more babies

Why are the French having more babies than other Europeans?

La France, metropolitan and Dom, had 64.7 million inhabitants on 1 January 2010, an

increase of 346,000 people a year.

Fertility is one of the highest in Europe despite a slight decline, with just under two children per woman, INSEE said on Tuesday.

After a record of two children per woman in 2008, French fertility has declined very slightly

in 2009 to 1.99 children per woman of childbearing age, but "France remains the leading

European countries in terms of fertility with Ireland and the United Kingdom, "said the

Institute of Statistics.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 2:01pm

Regarding above post...

Mapping the Global Muslim Population

A Report on the Size and Distribution of the World's Muslim Population

October 2009

Map: Distribution of Muslim Population in Europe

Roll over a country bubble to see its estimated 2009 Muslim population, the percentage of its population that is Muslim and the percentage of the world Muslim population it represents.

here-

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2010 at 10:45am

JANUARY 29, 2010, 10:37 A.M. ET

Deteriorating Greece Situation Could Force EU's Hand
...........................................................................................

By ADAM COHEN

BRUSSELS- European Union officials insist there won't be a bailout for
Greece, but if the country's borrowing costs continue to climb, the bloc
will have to do something to stave off default.

Article-

Greek weddings ... excessive audiance participation ...  Rice  Frenzy

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2010 at 4:40pm

26 January 2010

The burqa, the law and other EU countries

By France24

France is not the only European country to be considering a ban on full

Islamic veils. The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and Italy all have

laws - or are considering laws - against clothes that cover all of the face.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2010 at 4:48pm
 File:Ubs22.jpg

USB Tower in Chicago       Photo By- Krzysztof Makara

second-largest bank in Europe...

Swiss warn UBS bank could collapse

Jan 31 11:01 AM US/Eastern

AFP

The logo of a UBS bank in Geneva. Switzerland's justice minister has warned...
Switzerland's justice minister warned in an interview on Sunday that top bank UBS could collapse if sensitive talks with the United States over a high-profile tax fraud investigation fall through.

"The actions of UBS in the United States are very problematic. Not just because they are punishable but also because they threaten all of the bank's activities," Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf told Le Matin Dimanche newspaper.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 6:12pm

Five European states back burka ban

By James Blitz
Last updated: March 1 2010 16:54

...As Mr Sarkozy presses ahead with plans to ban the wearing of the burka in public places,

the FT's latest Harris poll shows the move is not just strongly supported in France, but

wins enthusiastic backing in the UK, Italy, Spain and Germany.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2010 at 10:03am

UK     set to amend war crime arrest law

By JPOST.COM STAFF

04/03/2010 11:00

...ending the current system in which magistrates are obliged to consider a case for an arrest warrant presented by any individual."

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 12:24pm

England

When The Government Takes Over Health Care...

(fewer snacks )

"Health bosses tell 4-year-old girl: "You're overweight"

.................................................................................................

March 05, 2010

Children are weighed at school and their body mass index - a simple calculation based

on their height and weight - is worked out.

A letter is automatically sent to parents of any child considered overweight. 

Miss Waterworth has also received another letter offering her support to 'help her child achieve a healthy lifestyle'.

Article here-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/newss/1194849_health_bosses_tell_4yearold_girl_youre_overweight

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 10:06pm

Papal Letter Fails to Calm Anger Over Irish Abuses
.......................................................................................

But Benedict offered no endorsement of three official Irish investigations that found the

church leadership to blame for the scale and longevity of abuse heaped on Irish children

throughout the 20th century.

The Vatican refused to cooperate with those 2001-09 probes into the Dublin Archdiocese,

the rural Ferns diocese and Ireland's defunct network of workhouse-style dormitory

schools for the Irish poor.

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 12:43pm

Things we want here .....   Get done fast in Europe....

:  )

'Should Now Pay Their Fair Share': UK Sets 50% Tax Rate for High Earners

VIDEO

From The Sunday Times
October 4, 2009

BBC advises stars on avoiding tax

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/art

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 9:44pm

Good News

The New Economy

Euro zone includes IMF in backup bailout for Greece debt

...European nations would provide the bulk of the funding. But at the insistence of

Germany, the IMF's contribution would be substantial.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2010 at 4:23pm

Female suicide bombers kill 38 on Moscow metro
....................................................................................

AFP - Tuesday, March 30

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2010 at 8:26pm

The New York Times

Londoners Find A Home In Uruguay

By PAOLA SINGER
Published: March 31, 2010

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 9:29pm

CHINA

Chinese immigrants - many illegal - are flooding into Italy

Chinese immigrants harassing locals in Paris

Chinese nationalism throughout the world 2008

What's with all the Shouting?

LOOK Inside a Grade School in China

Children education in China

China Nationalism / BBC World News America

BBC News - China's famous Yellow River is fading

Making Christmas Ornaments for Wal-Mart

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2010 at 7:20am
Author Gerard McGovern   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hellenic_
Parliament_from_high_above.jpg
File:Hellenic%20Parliament%20from%20high%20above.jpg

The Hellenic Parliament in central Athens.

The New York Times

Greeks Clash Over Austerity Plans

Athens grinds to a halt as public sector workers go on strike for the second time in as

many weeks over the government's planned austerity measures.

VIDEO

Greece steps in to shore up banks

...He said the country needs many times the €25bn package being touted, and even

then it may only delay the day of reckoning. He demanded a "mea culpa from the EMU

zealots" who placed Greece in an untenable position, saying they should admit their

errors, "just as the managers from Toyota apologised for their mistakes".

article here-

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2010 at 11:02am

MARKETS
APRIL 11, 2010, 1:39 P.M. ET

Euro Zone Plans Euro 30 Billion for Greece

BY CHARLES FORELLE

BRUSSELS- Euro-zone finance ministers agreed Sunday that if heavily indebted Greece

were to get a bailout, it could receive as much as €30 billion in loans this year at about 5%

interest from fellow euro nations.

article-

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2010 at 6:58pm

Ash cloud halts Europe-bound flights

.........................................................................................

By JPOST.COM STAFF AND AP
15/04/2010 18:12

Iceland eruption forces London, Paris-bound planes back to Israel.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2010 at 4:48pm

Welcome to-

isabellai82

Her post on France-

( Hillary Clinton's family also ... check it out )

Gites in France

Plan a Visit to - Perche , Orne, Normandie France

Vacances%20%20dans%20grande%20maison%20Perche%20en%20Normandie%20
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2010 at 7:51am

We are certainly 'invested in'... talk about   Gone Global.  

People are you getting a clue?    We are OWNED.   :)

Indian Co. Bought up land in Pennsylvania ( Gas Wells )

and...

posted an operating profit...

Chrysler ( owned by Italy's Fiat Group )   

...Moreover, Chrysler said it generated $1.5 billion in cash during the quarter, raising its

reserves to $7.4 billion and reducing the likelihood that it will need more government aid.

( hmmm... aid to Italy? )

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 5:06pm

Associated Press Online Video Network

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 1:41pm

Belgium the death of a nation

Radical Muslims In Belgium (Scary)

OMG

It's like CT can't agree on a Language to speak... so the CT Govt. throws in the towel.

Belgium's government collapses

AFP
AFP Global Edition

Apr 26, 2010 13:47 EDT

...worse than previous governmental collapses in 2007 and 2008.

after strained negotiations between Dutch- and French-speaking parts broke down.

"The king has accepted the resignation of the government," said a short statement,

following a failed bid to resolve longstanding animosity between the different linguistic

members of Belgium's fragile coalition.

Article here-

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 2:24pm

CNN Report: Radical Islam Taking Over Britain
................................................................................

The Enemy Within The Uk & Europe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZr4TkXeW0&feature=related

Geert Wilders bij Bill O'Relly

BBC World/ Hard Talk

Geert Wilders in HARDtalk - part 1

Geert Wilders interview Glenn Beck 23-02- 2009 HD QUALITY

BBC

Dutch Politician Geert Wilders Banned From Britain
.......................................................................................

Geert Wilders Speaks:  
The Future
Look to Europe

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 11:32am

If The Euro drops any more we can all go off to one of those-

25 Secret European Villages

Photos/article

Mary008
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 11:36am
Mary, check out Greece. They just got knocked down to a BBB- rating (Junk Bond).

I'm hoping they'll drag the rest of the Eurozone down with them.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 11:44am
I'm hoping they'll drag the rest of the Eurozone down with them.

oh no...   well, it will bring them all running to the US Treas. to invest.   Heard anything about ditching the dollar latley?

JGB and US Treasuries higher; Greek bonds collapse
15 hours ago - JGB and US Treasuries higher; Greek bonds collapse ... or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to ...
www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-news/article.aspx?storyid=a7bd3b14...

M.
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2010 at 7:33am

My Big Fat Angry Greek Children

Vaggelis Gettos, 24-
"We will live much worse than our parents," he said. "Why should we be made to pay

for their mistakes?"

From The Sunday Times
May 2, 2010

Greece erupts as men from IMF prepare to wield axe
.........................................................................................

"I cannot help but blame my parents a little for what's happened,"

said Achilles Zacharoulis, a 36-year-old cardiologist. "They were here all that time,” he added, referring to the past three decades of mismanagement and fiscal insanity. "But what did they do to stop it?"

Article here-

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 3:49pm

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Why Thursday's Market Crash Was Caused by Computer Failure or Errant Trades

The trading pattern on the U.S. markets on Thursday, May 6th can be explained by only one of two things - a huge erant trade or a computer system failure.  Even after the market close, the NYSE was claiming that there were no technical problems with its trading system. Citi specifically issued a statement that it had nothing to do with implementing an errant trade. Nasdaq however said that it was investigating possible erroneous transactions executed between 2:40 and 3:00PM.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 4:01pm

3 dead during Greek riots at general strike

(video)

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 6:02pm

UK Election: Hundreds of voters unable to cast their vote in election chaos

Hundreds of British voters stuck in queues outside polling stations were unable to cast their ballot on Thursday.   About 200 people were turned away from a polling station in the northern city of-

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 6:22pm

Greece

VIDEOS

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 9:49am

Discussing Europe's energy future

Daniel C. Jones

...Created in 2000, EREC is an umbrella organisation of the European renewable energy industry and is composed of 11 non-profit associations and federations. EREC represents a turnover of over 45 billion euros and provides jobs to over almost half a million people.
Daniel C. Jones: Nine European nations have now signed up to the idea of a Northern European supergrid. What role will EREC take in this, and what are the implementation challenges?

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2010 at 9:59am

German Lawmakers Approve Greek Rescue

The New York Times

On Friday May 7, 2010, 7:40 am EDT

German lawmakers on Friday approved the country's share of the rescue package for debt-laden Greece after a boisterous debate in which the finance minister told them they had no alternative to the unpopular measure, The Associated Press reported.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 8:36am

The European Union divided over the creation of an emergency fund
.....................................................................................................................

LEMONDE.FR / AFP et Reuters 
Updated 09.05.10 / 5:25 p.m.

Finance ministers from the EU convened an emergency. The leaders of the sixteen member countries of the euro area had said Friday, after a summit that was to be a "European mechanism Stabilization designed to preserve financial stability in Europe "and that the fund should be ready before the opening of markets on Monday.

article-

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 9:13am

There was snow on our deck this morning and my heart sank when I saw my lovely

perennial garden in the back with a light powdering of snow.

They seem to have recovered though :)

Perennials for you...

Snow, winds and waves hit south of France

Snow came back to France this week... Snow came back to France this week ... Winter has come back with a vengeance in parts of France this week. Winter Has Come back with a vengeance in shares of France this weekend.

( love the 20 foot URL )

Article-

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 9:28am
.http://cybevasion.reservit.com/general/images/customer/12/hotel/2626/Aunay_sur_Odon_St_Michel_HD1c_big.jpg

Aunay-sur-Odon

Jealous Man... Dozers Neighbors House

'You Did not Need to Be Sherlock Holmes to Work Out What Happened HAD-at this time of year it snowed and HAD the tracks led straight back to the man's digger,' Said the lawyer. The 32-year-old man Was Given a month suspended prison sentence oven by the short in Caen and Ordered to pay the cost of repairing Loved neighbor's home, Estimated at € 164,000.

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 6:35am

please see previous page for more of today's news.

Wow... abolishment  of the minimum wage...   ( buying low, nowhere but up to go )

REUTERS

EU leaders united on economy

VIDEO      let video play for more news :)

Mary008
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 3:41pm

NPR

Cameron Becomes Prime Minister After Brown Quits

...............................................................................................................................

by Corey Flintoff

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2010 at 2:18pm
File:Hintersee.jpg

Hintersee, Lake in Bavaria, Germany

Germany to ban certain short-selling -coalition source
................................................................................................

Tue May 18, 2010 12:57pm EDT

BERLIN, May 18 (Reuters) - Germany plans to ban naked short-selling on certain stocks and euro

Article-

Mary008
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic