Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

News Flash: The IRS Is Obsolete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: News Flash: The IRS Is Obsolete
    Posted: December 12 2010 at 11:59am

News Flash: The IRS Is Obsolete

Synonyms:

antiquated, archaic, dated, demode, demoded, fossilized, kaput (also kaputt), medieval (also mediaeval), moribund, mossy, moth-eaten, neolithic, Noachian, outdated, outmoded, out-of-date, outworn, passe, prehistoric (also prehistorical), rusty, Stone Age, superannuated

File:Internal%20Revenue%20Service%20Building.jpg
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:00pm

Make sure that YOUR area did this.....

• Cities, Counties Take Back Corporate Tax Breaks - ABC News

Jan 2, 2010 ... Cities, counties take back tax breaks they gave companies that broke promises to create jobs. The Associated Press Post a Comment ...
    abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=9464693

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:02pm

Influencing the IRS -

Nearly 500 companies ... lobby   the tax agency
    ..................................................................................

when corporate giants like Detroit-based DTE Energy want to save

millions, they turn to Washington, D.C., lobbyists.

The energy services provider relied on its lobbyists-not

accountants- when the Internal Revenue Service began reviewing,

in 2003, a controversial tax credit that benefits it and other

companies that turn coal into synthetic fuels. But after only four

months of investigation and heavy industry pressure on Congress

and the IRS, the agency dropped the inquiry, preserving the

program that gave DTE Energy more than $200 million in tax

credits that year.

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:10pm

Mr. Austin concluded that if the FairTax could do what it claims, "almost every

American would readily support it." But the truth is the FairTax is resisted by a vocal

minority precisely because it will do what it claims in eliminating the IRS, the more than

$300 billion in compliance costs, and the corruption of the current system. And that

adjustment will be hard for tax lawyers, special interests, lobbyists, and those in Congress

who see the tax code as a way of generating campaign contributions. Apparently, it will

also be hard for accountants.

Gene Key
    Fayetteville, Georgia

FairTax.org, Georgia State Director

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:18pm

FAIR TAX
    .....................................  >>>>>>              Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

Just click on a question to see the answer...
    Answers to-

Frequently Asked Questions

FairTax Video

Books on Fair Tax

"The income tax has penalized the success of hardworking Americans and damaged

our economy for far too long....

Before and After the FairTax
    Jump-starting the U.S. stock market and economy. Reviving the "Made in the USA" label. No longer fearing Tax Day, April 15th. Keeping your whole paycheck for a change...

Sound great? This is just a taste of how things could be with the FairTax. And compared to our dreaded federal income tax system now, well, let's just say there's just no comparison.

You can help: Take a moment to send one of our "Before and After the FairTax" eCards to make sure everyone knows there is a better way.

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:30pm

My fellow Republicans
    .......................................................    >>>>

Read Their Lips
    ..........................       Braces%20-%20Click%20image%20to%20download.

NEWSWEEK: So why do you oppose extending the tax cuts for families that make more than $250,000 a year?

Hollender: This is a time when the wealthiest Americans need to give back to the country.

I know this well, as someone who has been financially successful, the vast array of

benefits available to me that are not available to other people.

Mary008

Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 11:09pm

So will they steam roll us with the VAT Plus Income Tax?
    .........................................................................................................

VAT Trap: The inevitable fix for the deficit

By Shawn Tully, senior editor at large

February 10, 2010: 6:40 AM ET

NEW YORK (Fortune) -- The gigantic deficits the Administration is projecting are appalling, and they provide a chilling look at our future: America is hurtling towards a fiscal trap that is forcing us into the only option we'll have to restore budgetary sanity: A Value-Added Tax.

Unfortunately, no one really wants to address it. Nancy Pelosi has spoken admiringly of a VAT, and on the Right, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee wants a broadbased consumption tax to replace the income tax and payroll taxes.

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 7:50pm

NPR

Back in 1960, Caplin was tasked with retooling a tax system that had rates up to 91

percent for the highest earners. Kennedy slashed that top rate to 70 percent; under the

deal President Obama signed, the top rate will stay at 35 percent for the next two years.

Listen here-

Beyond The Tax Deal: Targeting The Code Itself

Mary008
    Mary008 View Drop Down
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 8:02pm

A value added tax (VAT) is a form of consumption tax.

It is a tax on the "value added" to a product or material, from an accounting view, at each stage of its manufacture or distribution. The "value added" to a product by a business is the sale price charged to its customer, minus the cost of materials and other taxable inputs.

A VAT is like a sales tax in that ultimately only the end consumer is taxed. It differs from the sales tax in that, with the latter, the tax is collected and remitted to the government only once, at the point of purchase by the end consumer. With the VAT, collections, remittances to the government, and credits for taxes already paid occur each time a business in the supply chain purchases products from another business. The reason businesses end up paying no tax is that at the time they sell the product, they receive a credit for all the tax they have paid to suppliers.

Maurice Lauré, Joint Director of the French Tax Authority, the Direction générale des impôts, was first to introduce VAT on April 10, 1954, although German industrialist Dr. Wilhelm von Siemens proposed the concept in 1918. Initially directed at large businesses, it was extended over time to include all business sectors. In France, it is the most important source of state finance, accounting for nearly 50% of state revenues.[1]

Personal end-consumers of products and services cannot recover VAT on purchases, but businesses are able to recover VAT (input tax) on the products and services that they buy in order to produce further goods or services that will be sold to yet another business in the supply chain or directly to a final consumer. In this way, the total tax levied at each stage in the economic chain of supply is a constant fraction of the value added by a business to its products, and most of the cost of collecting the tax is borne by business, rather than by the state.

Value Added Taxes were introduced in part because they create stronger incentives to collect than a sales tax does. Both types of consumption tax create an incentive by end consumers to avoid or evade the tax. But the sales tax offers the buyer a mechanism to avoid or evade the tax--persuade the seller that he is not really an end consumer, and therefore the seller is not legally required to collect it. The burden of determining whether the buyer's motivation is to consume or re-sell is on the seller, but the seller has no direct economic incentive to the seller to collect it.

The VAT approach gives sellers a direct financial stake in collecting the tax, and eliminates the problematic decision by the seller about whether the buyer is or is not an end consumer.

more here-

Mary008

Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic