Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Is Egypt a Microcosm for 2011?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Is Egypt a Microcosm for 2011?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
54 [85.71%]
9 [14.29%]

Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 3:20pm
Libya's provisional authority says five international energy firms are resuming operations in the country, a critical step in Tripoli's efforts to rebuild an economy wracked by civil unrest and sanctions.

That's a hoot! Wracked by civil unrest, more like NATO dropping 30,000 bombs on them.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 12:42am
mr

Are you openly supporting the admitted terrorist Gaddafi. Your posts make him out to be some kind of Saint. Perhaps you should discuss this with the victums of PanAm 103, or perhaps the people who have had to live under this dictator for so long.

I am starting to get the impression that the Right just can not see success when its poking them in the face.

In less  than  six months a Terrorist dictator was removed from power with a broad coalition of world powers and NATO Allies.

And by the way (Not One Dead American Soldier)

Wake up and smell the Damn Coiffee before you drown in the frickin Koolaid.

Looks like all you really want is failure and destruction, and if you dont get it you just make it up, or maybe you  just want to keep palling around with terrorists (Gaddafi)

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 10:49am
Is Gadaffi a Saint, no! But, it sure is funny how this broad coalition had no problem importing his oil up until 6 months ago! And, the notion of me supporting terrorism makes me I'll!
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 10:51am
Make that ILL!
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 11:59am
McCain Pledged To Help Gaddafi Get Military Aircraft, Says Leaked Cable

www.care2.com/causes/mccain-pledged-gaddafi-military-aircraft.html#ixzz1WuwPaZf2
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 4:19pm
What about the poor people of North Korea? Why don't the UN hear their cries for justice and human rights?

Executions, Torture in North Korea 'Worse Than Animal Slaughter'
www.liveleak.com/view?i=357_1243576270

Documentry about death camps and gulags in North Korea.
edge.liveleak.com/80281E/s/s/18/media18/2008/Dec/31/LiveLeak-dot-com-f04748490dfe-north_korean_camps__north_korea.flv?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bad6934d4dd8d2c118&ec_rate=300
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2011 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

mr

Are you openly supporting the admitted terrorist Gaddafi. Your posts make him out to be some kind of Saint. Perhaps you should discuss this with the victums of PanAm 103, or perhaps the people who have had to live under this dictator for so long.

INCREDIBLE!

I find it absolutely, hands down hilarious how the Left can justify a war because it's their guy this time. By the same token, it's funny that the Right is all the sudden antiwar... Well kind of antiwar.

Where are all the marches, parades, protests, etc? Where are the commies screaming for Obama, Hillary, and Biden to get arrested for war crimes? And THEY are actually committing a crime SPECIFICALLY against the constitution! Where are the Code Pink communists crying about how many civilians are getting killed by American bombs?

While I'm happy to see Ghaddafi (Or however you spell his stupid name today) getting his, I think it's very ironic how the Left are masters of selective outrage.

I am starting to get the impression that the Right just can not see success when its poking them in the face.

In less  than  six months a Terrorist dictator was removed from power with a broad coalition of world powers and NATO Allies.

Success? Where? Libya is now teetering on the edge of all kinds of badness kicking off, including, but not limited to: Fundamentalist Islam taking hold, loss of chemical weapons to who knows who, Snipers infest all cities and are taking a terrible toll on any possibility of stability.

As for world powers taking part, get real Mahshadin, you're smarter than that. When the U.S. wasn't taking part, absolutely nothing got done and Ghaddafi started winning.

And who the hell cares iwhether world powers take part or not. Most of the world's moral compass is so screwed up I'm actually surprised they can find their collective cars in the UN's parking lot.

And by the way (Not One Dead American Soldier)

Wake up and smell the Damn Coiffee before you drown in the frickin Koolaid.

Looks like all you really want is failure and destruction, and if you dont get it you just make it up, or maybe you  just want to keep palling around with terrorists (Gaddafi)

Yup, no Americans died, but why? Was it because we're not providing stability? Exactly how long do you think that situation is going to last when the Islamowackos start piling in there to spread the cancer of extremist Islam. One thing Ghaddafi did do was he kept that country stable. It's far too early to claim "Great Success" when the shakeup is still happening.

That's the same as calling Egypt a success now that they sit on the precipice of a REAL war with a nuclear power.

Palling around with a terrorist? Kind of like the Left's love affair with Che Guevara? Hugo Chavez? Fidel Castro? Mao Ze Tung? The Left's President palled around with an actual, REAL terrorist. Or is it okay to put bombs under police cars?

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2011 at 7:57am
CIA, MI6 helped Gaddafi on dissidents: rights group
www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE78213Y20110903
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2011 at 11:34pm

A Canadian newspaper says it has discovered documents showing Chinese companies offered to sell at least $200 million of sophisticated weapons to Moammar Gadhafi's beleaguered Libyan government in late July.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 8:56am
More than 400,000 Israelis join protest
September 4, 2011

More than 400,000 Israelis poured into streets across the Jewish state to protest the high cost of living, after organisers called for a "million-man march" to revitalise their movement.
Whole Story

quietone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 11:20pm
full article
US Confirms al Qaeda members' role in rebel command. Qaddafi contacts them.

DEBKAfile Special Report September 1, 2011, 12:47 PM (GMT+02:00)
-----------------------------------------

Jihadists plot to take over Libya

U.S. steps up surveillance of suspects among rebels

ASSOCIATED PRESS Rebel fighters celebrate in the desert outside a military base near Bani Walid, Libya, on Saturday. The U.S. has stepped up surveillance of elements of the rebel forces interested in setting up an Islamist state.

By Bill Gertz

The Washington Times

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Jihadists among the Libyan rebels revealed plans last week on the Internet to subvert the post-Moammar Gadhafi government and create an Islamist state, according to U.S. intelligence agencies.

U.S. officials said spy agencies are stepping up surveillance of Islamist-oriented elements among Libyan rebels. A government report circulated Tuesday said extremists were observed “strategizing” on Internet forums about how to set up an Islamist state in Libya after the regime of Col. Gadhafi is defeated.

“Several forum participants have suggested that, following a transitional stage, the battle should turn against secularist rebels and members of the [rebels’] Transitional National Council,” the unclassified report stated.

Some U.S. officials sought to play down the remarks by noting that such Internet postings are not always accurate measures of jihadist plans.

The report said the jihadists’ strength and influence on the ground “are uncertain at this time.”

However, the report said the jihadist plotting coincided with the high-profile emergence of Abu Abdallah al-Sadiq, a former leader of the al Qaeda-linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) and now a leading rebel. He is currently known as Abdel Hakim al-Khulidi Belhaj and led rebels in overrunning Col. Gadhafi’s Tripoli compound.

A U.S. official familiar with intelligence reports on the region said there are concerns that some LIFG members remain committed to al Qaeda and others may be temporarily renouncing their ties to the terrorist group for “show.”

“Some members of LIFG in the past had connections with al Qaeda in Sudan, Afghanistan or Pakistan, and others dropped their relationship with al Qaeda entirely,” the official said.

“It seems - from their statements and support for establishing a democracy in Libya - that this faction of LIFG does not support al Qaeda. We’ll definitely be watching to see whether this is for real or just for show.”

A defense official familiar with jihadist strategy said Islamists likely will emerge in power from the turmoil expected after the demise of the Gadhafi regime and the West will be partly to blame.

“We’re helping pave the way for them” through NATO airstrikes and other support, he said.

About 1,000 jihadists are operating covertly in Libya, Noman Benotman, a former Libyan al Qaeda member, told The Washington Times in March.

According to a translation of the forum exchanges, Libyan Islamists view the fall of Tripoli to rebels as the initial phase of a battle to take over the country.

Jihadists were urged to prepare for the next stage in the battle: taking on secular rebels and the interim National Transitional Council, sometimes called the Transitional National Council, the secular political organization that is mainly pro-democratic.

The jihadists want to set up an Islamist state ruled by Shariah law.

A jihadist writing as Asuli Mutatari, stated on the Shumukh al-Islam Network forum that “the real war will be fought after the fall of the tyrant [Col. Gadhafi] and after the establishment of a transitional democratic system.”

“After the awakening, we will fight those outside the [Islamic] law,” he stated.

Another forum posting urged Islamists to “quickly take control of cities with economic resources and strategic locations and establish Islamic courts there.”

A jihadist identified as Abu Abra’ al-Muqadas said the National Transitional Council must be neutralized because it will never allow anyone calling for an Islamic state to be part of the new government.

“They know that merely suggesting the application of Islamic law will cause Western countries to stop their support,” he said.

A posting by a forum member named Gullam Ashab al-Akhud said the National Transitional Council should be liquidated and replaced by a transitional council of Islamic Salafi jihadi scholars in Libya.

A second Internet forum, Ana al-Muslim, quoted Ayoub al-Jaza’iry as saying that thousands of Islamists in Libya have been trained by al Qaeda and are “working silently in sleeper cells.” He warned jihadists to keep a low profile to avoid alerting the United States to its power.

Some of the jihadists criticized NATO military support to the rebels and said post-Gadhafi Libya should not allow outside assistance. Some also urged the assassinations of secular National Transitional Council leaders.

Mohamed al-Jaza’iry stated on the Ana al Muslim Network that the next phase of the revolution should be the expulsion of foreign bases and reduction of foreign influence.

“The Libyan people must … turn their guns on the Crusader occupiers, along with collaborators and traitors,” he added.

The comments reflect an increase in Islamist rhetoric since the fall of Tripoli, but the number of hard-line Islamist and the extent of their influence or control is not known, the report said.

A Dec. 9, 2009, cable made public by the anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks revealed that the Gadhafi regime released more than 200 jihadists, including half of the imprisoned LIFG members, after they publicly renounced violence and claimed to have adopted a new code for jihad. The move was an initiative by Col. Gadhafi’s son Seif al-Islam and the Gadhafi International Charity and Development Foundation.

Skeptics dismissed the effort as a temporary shift in tactics for the jihadists in exchange for winning their release from detention.

© Copyright 2011 The Washington Times, LLC.

Swish
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 11:44pm
Is the Third Time going to be a Charm 

Yemen's Ruling Party Agrees to Power Transfer
September 08, 2011

In%20this%20image%20made%20from%20video,%20Yemeni%20President%20Ali%20Abdullah%20Saleh%20speaks%20during%20a%20televised%20address%20from%20Saudi%20Arabia,%20August%2016,%202011.%20%28file%20photo%29
Photo: AP
In this image made from video, Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh speaks during a televised address from Saudi Arabia, August 16, 2011. (file photo)

Yemen's governing party has agreed on a proposal that, if adopted, would give President Ali Abdullah Saleh more time to relinquish power.

The General People's Congress has held a series of meetings this week to consider a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) plan that calls for Saleh to hand over power to a deputy and allow a coalition to form a national unity government.

The six-nation GCC initially proposed its plan in April in an effort to end months of anti-government protests in Yemen. Saleh has agreed to the proposal three times, but each time has backed out before the deal could be signed.

In August, the president told ruling party members he was willing to consider the plan. The same month, opposition activists announced they had elected a 143-member "national council" that would explore ways to replace Saleh and enact political reforms.

Saleh remains in Saudi Arabia, recovering from injuries sustained during a June attack on his presidential compound in Sana'a.

l
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2011 at 5:21pm
Here's some democracy for the women of Libya!

Libya's new 'leader' says Sharia law will be used as basis to guide country after fall of Gaddafi regime.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036885/Libya-New-leader-Mustafa-Abdel-Jalil-says-Sharia-law-used-Gaddafi-regime.html
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 1:25pm

US Ambassador: Evidence Links Pakistan to Haqqani Network

US%20Ambassador%20to%20Pakistan%20Cameron%20Munter%20%28file%20photo%29
Photo: AP
US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter (file photo)

A key U.S. official says Washington has evidence linking the Pakistani government to a militant group blamed for a series of attacks in Afghanistan.

U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter tells Radio Pakistan there are apparent ties between Islamabad and the Haqqani network.  Munter also said those ties must be severed.

The United States has suspected Pakistan's intelligence agency has ties to the Haqqani network and other militant groups in Afghanistan but rarely says so publicly.

The U.S. and NATO have blamed the Haqqani network for attacks on U.S. and NATO troops and on U.S. targets, including the September 13 strike against the U.S. embassy in Kabul.

The Associated Press said Saturday Pakistani officials have not responded to Munter's comments.

Some information for this report was provided by AP.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2011 at 10:05pm

Yemeni security forces shot dead at least 26 people and wounded hundreds more Sunday when they opened fire on tens of thousands of anti-government protesters in the capital, Sana�a � the worst violence in several months.

Government troops fired heavy-caliber machine guns, water cannons and tear gas on the demonstrators when they left Change Square and marched toward the nearby presidential palace. Thousands of protesters have camped out in the square for months.

Medics estimated that about 340 demonstrators suffered gunshot wounds, leaving at least 25 of them in critical condition. The interior ministry accused protesters of throwing gasoline bombs and wielding batons, wounding four government troops.

Whole Article

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2011 at 10:24pm
Written by John Daly  Sunday, 18 September 2011 03:59

What a difference fifteen months makes.

In May 2010 Israel�s cold peace with Egypt was viable, the country was celebrating massive Mediterranean natural gas finds and Tel Aviv enjoyed a military alliance with Turkey, an overwhelmingly Muslim nation.

Two events have changed that picture beyond all recognition � Israel�s 31 May 2010 attack on the peaceful Gaza-bound "Freedom flotilla," during which Israeli Shayetet 13 Naval Special Forces commandos killed eight Turkish citizens and an American, Furkan Dogan. Outraged by the assault, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan demanded an apology and compensation for the unprovoked attack.

He�s still waiting.

The second regional game changer has been the startling events of the �Arab Spring,� which following unprecedented massive public demonstrations, on 11 February led to the resignation of Egypt�s President, Hosni Mubarak, who had been in power for 29 years.

One of Israel's greatest benefits from the 1973 Camp David Accords was its ability to import Egyptian natural gas through Egypt's $500 million East Mediterranean Gas Company Ltd. (EMG) pipeline.  EMG was established in 2000 and jointly owned by Egyptian General Petroleum Corp. owning 68.4 percent, the private Israeli company Merhav a 25 percent share and the Ampal-American Israel Corp. the remaining 6.6 percent.

Following Mubarak's downfall a series of attacks were made on the EMG pipeline, which supplied about 40 percent of Israel's natural gas imports, until an assault on 12 July led to its shutdown.

Switching gears, the Netanyahu government downplayed the importance of the pipeline shutdown, obviously looking forward to the swift development of its Mediterranean natural gas assets, the Tamar field, discovered in 2009 and Leviathan, discovered the following year. In June an Israeli company announced the discovery of two new natural gas fields, Sarah and Mira, about 45 miles off the city of Hadera.

Initial prospecting estimates of the Tamar and Leviathan fields, off Haifa, concluded that the two sites between them could hold as much as 688 billion cubic meters of extractable natural gas. In 2010 the U.S. Geological Survey estimated that the Levant Basin Province, covering parts of Israel, Lebanon, Syria, and Cyprus, could contain as much as 3.4 trillion cubic meters of gas and up to 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil.

The energy assets have focused the Israeli government�s attention - on 9 August The Jerusalem Post reported that the Israeli military had deployed drones to patrol its gas fields off its northern coast in water contested with Lebanon.

The sites have already raised tensions with Lebanon, which contests Israel�s self-proclaimed maritime borders giving them possession. On 4 August Lebanese President Michel Sleiman said, �We will not allow anyone to lay his hand on our wealth, which our children and grandchildren deserve. We will not only pass debts to them but also a wealth that will guarantee them a better future so that they remain in Lebanon.� It should be noted that the two countries remain technically at war and will not negotiate directly with one another.

Now the wheel has taken another turn, as Turkish Energy Minister Taner Y?ld?z said earlier this week during an official visit to Egypt that Turkey intends to cooperate with Egypt in searching for natural gas in the Mediterranean.

It is one thing for Israel to take on Hezbollah, based in southern Lebanon and Lebanon's modest military forces � it would be quite another thing to mix it up with Turkey's military, the second largest in NATO, or Egypt's forces.

A change that should give Israeli military planners pause are reports this week in the Turkish media that Turkey's Military Electronics Industry (ASELSAN) has produced a new identification friend or foe (IFF) system for Turkish jet fighters, warships and submarines and the new software, contrary to the older, U.S.-made version, does not automatically identify Israeli planes and ships automatically as �friendly.� The new IFF has already been installed in Turkish F-16s and is expected to be installed shortly in all Turkish Navy ships and submarines. It�s notable that that Turkey never participated in a single one of the Arab campaigns against Israel from 1948 to 1973.

Quite aside from the ominous regional implications, there is the possibility that the U.S. could become involved in the looming dispute, as Texas-based Noble Energy has partnered with Israel�s Delek Group Ltd. to develop Israel�s Leviathan, Tamar, Dalit, and Noa offshore natural gas fields, and also has a concession to Cyprus's Bloc 12 offshore Mediterranean field, located near Leviathan.

All eyes are now turning towards next week�s UN General Assembly meeting, where the Palestinian Authority is to press forward with a motion for recognition as an independent nation, though the final form of the petition is yet unclear. Up to 15 months ago, Tel Aviv could reliably assume that U.S. influence could prevail upon both Egypt and Turkey to shy away from supporting such a move � no longer.

Some diplomatic flexibility is called for - surely 3.4 trillion cubic meters of gas and up to 1.7 billion barrels of recoverable oil could satisfy the energy and fiscal needs of all interested parties.

The alternative is too dispiriting to contemplate. While predicting events in the Middle East is a clouded prospect at best, one thing is clear, from Iraqi President Saddam Hussein�s scorched earth policy in withdrawing from Kuwait during in 1991 - oil and natural gas fields are flammable and Israel does not have enough drones to protect its offshore fields.

quietone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 1:53pm

WASHINGTON (AP)–Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the Pentagon has sent another dozen troops to Tripoli to help the State Department lay plans for reopening the U.S. Embassy.

Panetta told a news conference that it remains U.S. policy not to send combat troops to Libya. But he disclosed that after having sent four military personnel recently to assist the State Department in Tripoli, another 12 were deployed for the same purpose. He said no others would be sent.

The U.S. Embassy in Tripoli was heavily vandalized during the fighting between rebels and pro-government forces.

• BLOG: Obama pledges U.S. help for Libya

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Swish
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2011 at 3:02pm

Things in the Middle East are just becoming to numerous to post every article.

Yemen's  President Saleh is back in the country after assassination attempt and opens up his military on the people and military defectors marching against him. Tens of thousands in the streets this week. This looks like Civil War with no short term solution and with Extremist Islamic elements and Al-Qaida in the south of the Country is a big concern for US. 40+ dead in last 24 hours.

Syria's Assad continues Military Oppression of the people especially around Homs. Almost all world leaders have now condemned The leader and sanctions are now tightening on the Countries leadership. Thousands have now been killed and many thousands have been displaced. Whats next for this under developed Oil Country.

Libya's NTC has declared plans within a week for a new transitional Government  and in the meantime have entered the last real Gaddafi stronghold Gaddafi’s home town of Sirte. Barrels of radioctive material believed to be (Yellowcake Uranium) found in weapons facility in the south in Libya alongside ground to air missiles.  Reports heard on a Syrian radio network from Gaddafi's Daughter have claimed that Gaddafi is fighting along side remaining fighters in somewhere in the few remaining contested areas in Libya (Highly Doubtful).

Israel is being squeezed from all sides in the Region. Recently Egyptian protesters ransacked their Embassy  in Cairo, While the lack of an apology for killing Turkish citizens last year has caused the Turkish Government to pull their Ambassador from Israel and announced future flotillas will be escorted by Turkeys Navy. Israel and Lebanon technically still at war with Hamas taking almost full control of Lebanon. Palestinians have gone to the United Nations Security Counsel for Acceptance as a sovereign nation Friday trying to go around Israel the Nation they actually need to make peace with before any nation can be made or even considered. In a separate speech to the United Nation Netanyahu invited the Palestinians and Abbas to meet today in New York to start talks immediately but again stated the obvious that the Palestinians must at minimum recognize the Jewish State as a legitimate Country before any meaningful discussion can move forward, which is of course unlikely with growing influence of Hamas within the Palestinian Territories (Prospects for Peace is slowly Dwindling Predictably).  Who in their right mind would make peace with an organization who has sworn to destroy you and firs missiles at your people from the very lands in dispute. The Palestinian People must wake up to this fact before any reasonable talks can continue (My Opinion). On the other side Abbas partially dismissed new talks until Israel stops expanding new settlements in disputed territories which is another legitimate claim. Plent y of blame to go around here!!!

Iran leader (Puppet) rants about 9/11 conspiracy theories, and blames the West for all that is wrong with the World including Slavery, Drugs, Wars, Ect Ect Ect. US delegation gets up and walks out and the entire European delegation follows in what can only be described as the dismissal of the deranged rant of a delusional Religious Leader. Meanwhile Iran Steam Rolls ahead with new uranium enrichment technology and puts first nuclear power plant online into its electrical grid. Netanyahu declares in his United Nations Speech that in the early 21st Century it is Iran and its Nuclear Ambitions that is the biggest threat to not only Israel but the entire World. In one  remark he asks the World body to imagine them man who spoke here yesterday (Ahmadinejad) with his hands on nuclear weapons an ICBM missiles! When asked about a timeline for Iran ant when the nuclear thing will become actionable he declined to respond other than saying every day brings us closer and closer (Interview on CNN). In a small bit of good news Iran has released 2 jailed Americans who were accused and prosecuted by the Iranian Government for Spying while they were hiking on the Iraq—Iran Border. Not to sound like a Jerk or anything but who goes and hikes in a Country at war on the Border of another Country which is a sworn Enemy!!!!! (Just My Own Opinion).

Pakistan-Afghanistan   American Military has officially come out and called for Pakistan to deal with Terrorist Ties within its own Military ISI that were directly responsible for attacks in the Afghanistan Capital in recent weeks. Pakistan fires back with a declaration that America risks loosing an ally in the war on terror. Meanwhile Drone attacks continue in Pakistan in the last 24 hours killing at least three militants.  Us this week also announcing the expansion of drone bases in Northern Africa and other locations around the Middle East.

Any Thoughts??
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 9:30pm
September 25, 2011

Saudi King Grants Women Right to Vote, Run in Elections

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/middle-east/Saudi-King-Grants-Women-Right-to-Vote-Run-in-Elections--130527668.html

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 9:34pm
 While the diplomats haggle, deadly tensions are mounting in the nascent Palestine

The quest for Palestinian statehood at the UN has worsened a climate of fear on the ground in the West Bank

Women%20at%20the%20Jewish%20settlement%20of%20Pnei%20Kedem
 Women at the Jewish settlement of Pnei Kedem practise firing pistols and high-powered rifles. Photograph: Nati Shohat/Flash90

Whole Article

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 9:57pm
September 25, 2011

Pakistan Holds Special Military Meeting Amid US Tensions

Pakistan army chief General Ashfaq Kayani chaired an emergency meeting with his top commanders Sunday as a war of words with the United States escalated.

Pakistani officials said corps commanders met at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi to review the prevailing security situation in the country.

The meeting followed scathing U.S. allegations that the Pakistani spy agency, the ISI, is assisting the al-Qaida-linked Haqqani network to attack U.S. targets in neighboring Afghanistan.

The outgoing chairman of the U.S. Joint Chief of Staffs, Admiral Mike Mullen, told a Senate hearing last week that the Haqqani network acts as a "veritable arm" of the ISI, and its fighters planned and conducted this month's assault on the U.S. embassy in Kabul and on NATO bases in Afghanistan.

Pakistani officials have rejected the allegations as baseless, warning they are detrimental to regional peace efforts.

In Washington Sunday, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee said "the sovereign nation of Pakistan is engaging in hostile acts against the U.S. and Afghanistan that must cease."  Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told Fox News Sunday Haqqani militants are killing American soldiers.  He said that if Pakistan's intelligence continues to embrace terrorism as a national strategy, Washington will have to put all options on the table, including defending U.S. troops.

Whole   Article

l
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2011 at 7:36am
I do not think there will ever be peace in that region...certainly not in our lifetime. The question is, how much of our tax dollars will continue to thrown into a lost cause?
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2011 at 11:03pm
 Occupy Wallstreet marches well over ten days now and hardly a peep of coverage on Corpoate News Channels Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS

What are they afrraid of??
What are you afraid of??

CREDIT:%20Piero%20Amadeo%20Infante

People are out in the streets all over the world (The Fear Machine is loosing its Control)

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 11:55pm
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2011 at 8:07am
Gaddafi Killed in Home Town of Sirte, Libya
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 6:02pm
Thanks To Obama, The Al-Qaeda Flag Is Now Flying High And Proud Over Libya
endoftheamericandream.com/archives/thanks-obama-the-al-qaeda-flag-is-flying-high-and-proud-over-libya
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 10:27am
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 11:07am

Arab League Moves to Suspend Syria Over Crackdown

The Arab League has voted to suspend Syria four days from now if it fails to adhere to an initiative to end a crackdown on anti-government protests.

Whole Story

quietone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2011 at 7:36pm
UK expects Israeli attack on Iran next month with US logistical support
DEBKAfile Special Report November 10, 2011, 9:04 AM (GMT+02:00)
F-15 at Decimomannu air base, Sardinia

A senior Foreign Office official says British government ministers have been told to expect Israeli military action in the wake of the UN watchdog report "as early as Christmas or very early in the new year," the London Daily Mail reported Thursday, Nov. 10. The ministers were told that Israel would strike Iran's nuclear sites "sooner rather than later" – with "logistical support" from the US.

According to the British paper, which has good military and intelligence ties in London, President Barack Obama would "have to support the Israelis or risk losing Jewish-American support in the next presidential election." The bigger concern is that once Iran is nuclear-armed, it will be impossible to stop Saudi Arabia and Turkey from developing their own weapons to even out the balance of nuclear terror in the Middle East.

debkafile's military sources add that Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan has told Obama more than once this year, "If Iran gets nuclear arms, Turkey will get nuclear arms."

The Daily Mail goes on to report that in recent weeks, British Ministry of Defense sources confirmed that contingency plans had been drawn up in the event that the UK decided to support military action.
debkafile refers to an earlier report that the British chief of staff, Gen. Sir David Richards, paid a secret visit to Israel on Nov. 2, followed the next day by the arrival in London of the Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak for talks with British defense and military heads.
The reference to US logistical support is explained by our military sources as pointing to the Libyan model of military intervention whereby France, Britain and Italy spearheaded the action against the Qaddafi regime while the United States from "a back seat" laid on satellite and aerial intelligence and placed at their disposal its logistical supply network, including the in-flight refueling of bombers and ordnance.
Transposing this model to an offensive against Iran, Israel's air and naval forces would front the attack on Iran with logistical and intelligence backup from the United States, while leading NATO powers France, Britain, Germany, Holland and Italy would participate directly or indirectly in the Israeli operation.
Since this attack would almost certainly bring forth reprisals from Tehran and its allies, Syria, Hizballah and the Palestinian Hamas and Jihad Islami, it would almost certainly expand into a wider Middle East conflict, thus also broadening US and West European military intervention.

Prospects are fading for the alternative to military action - tough new sanctions able to choke Iran's financial operations and oil exports after the nuclear agency confirmed its surreptitious attainment of a nuclear weapon capability.

Wednesday, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov promised visiting Iranian official Ali Baqeri that "Any additional sanctions against Iran will be seen… as an instrument for regime change in Tehran. That approach is unacceptable to us and the Russian side does not intend to consider such proposals."

China will certainly go along with Russia on this.

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's first response to the IAEA report was to attack its credibility and declare that Iran would continue its nuclear program regardless of its findings.

Swish
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2012 at 10:10pm
Rally for Egypt's New President Morsi, Israel's New Neighbor
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9znepNvkrxI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The first to read the writing on the wall was Mubarak’s former intelligence chief, Gen. Omar Suleiman, who dropped out of the presidential race at an early stage. The last DEBKA-Net-Weekly’s sources disclosed that Suleiman had boarded a flight to Munich, Germany last Wednesday, June 20. He was quick to foresee that the Muslim Brotherhood, backed by the Obama administration, was heading for rule over Egypt.
debka.com/article/22116/-Muslim-Brotherhood-s-Muhammed-Morsi-is-president-of-Egypt

Obama on Mubarak Resignation: 'Egypt Will Never Be the Same'
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryW_zDi4994&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yet another train wreak!
quietone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 7:54pm
thegatepundit.com/
Mohammed Morsi told supporters earlier this year, (Newly Elected Islamist President)
“Our capital shall not be Cairo, Mecca or Medina. It shall be Jerusalem!”
-----------------------------------------------

The sad part is that the MSM will see no connection at all between this and Obama’s policies. None whatsoever.

It’s funny, they don’t even pretend to be unbiased anymore. ~ Comment ~

Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi: “Jihad Is Our Path & Death in the Name of Allah Is Our Goal”

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, June 24, 2012, 3:35 PM

Mohammed Morsi won the Egyptian presidential election today.
He campaigned on jihad and death in the name of Allah.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/05/top-egyptian-presidential-candidate-jihad-is-our-path-death-in-the-name-of-allah-is-our-goal/morsi/
Supporters of Mohamed Mursi, the head of the Muslim Brotherhood group’s political party, and the group’s candidate in Egypt’s presidential election, wear T-shirts with Mursi’s picture on them as they participate in a rally to support Mursi, on bicycles in Alexandria May 11, 2012. (REUTERS/Asmaa Waguih)

Muslim Brotherhood presidential candidate Mohamed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood told supporters last month,
“Jihad is our path and death in the name of Allah is our goal.”
Lovely.
Voice of Russia reported, via ROP:

Egypt’s Constitution should be based on the Koran and Sharia law, presidential candidate from the Muslim Brotherhood Islamist movement Mohamed Morsi said.

“The Koran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our path and death in the name of Allah is our goal,” Morsi said in his election speech before Cairo University students on Saturday night.

Today Egypt is close as never before to the triumph of Islam at all the state levels, he said.

“Today we can establish Sharia law because our nation will acquire well-being only with Islam and Sharia. The Muslim Brothers and the Freedom and Justice Party will be the conductors of these goals,” he said.

The Muslim Brotherhood Islamist group has been banned in Egypt for decades before being legalized following the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak in last year’s popular uprising, and has since emerged as a powerful political force.

Today Morsi won the presidential elections in Egypt.
Egyptian secular party leaders blasted the Obama administration’s support for the Muslim Brotherhood.

It’s an Obama World… White House Congratulates Islamist on Big Win in Egypt

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, June 24, 2012, 3:31 PM

It’s an Obama world…
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/06/its-an-obama-world-white-house-congratulates-islamist-on-big-win-in-egypt/obama-mubarack-2/
Barack Obama embraces former US ally and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak back in 2009 before supporting the overthrow of his regime.

The White House today congratulated Muslim Brotherhood candidate Muhammed Morsi on his big win in Egypt.
Woo-hoo!
The Politico reported:

The White House congratulated Egypt’s president-elect Mohamed Morsi on his victory in that country’s presidential election, calling it a “milestone” in the country’s transition to democracy.

“We look forward to working together with President-elect Morsi and the government he forms, on the basis of mutual respect, to advance the many shared interests between Egypt and the United States,” press secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

Morsi, a member of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood party, was announced as the winner in the election Sunday morning — but the extent of the powers of the presidency are still in flux with Egypt’s military threatening to curtain the powers of the presidency.

“We believe that it is important for President-elect Morsi to take steps at this historic time to advance national unity by reaching out to all parties and constituencies in consultations about the formation of a new government. We believe in the importance of the new Egyptian government upholding universal values, and respecting the rights of all Egyptian citizens – including women and religious minorities such as Coptic Christians. Millions of Egyptians voted in the election, and President-elect Morsi and the new Egyptian government have both the legitimacy and responsibility of representing a diverse and courageous citizenry,” Carney said.

Hamas Hopes Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian President Will Help Them “Return Home”

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, June 24, 2012, 2:42 PM

Hamas terrorists prayed with their guns today after Mohammed Morsi won the Egyptian presidential election.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/06/hamas-hopes-muslim-brotherhood-egyptian-president-will-focus-on-destroying-israel/hamas-guns/
Palestinian Hamas militants pray in the street as they celebrate in Gaza City after Islamist Mohamed Morsy of the Muslim Brotherhood was declared Egypt’s first democratic president June 24, 2012. Morsy’s win was hailed by Hamas, the Islamist group governing Gaza and which is locked in a power-struggle with the West Bank-based, U.S.-backed Palestinian Authority of President Mahmoud Abbas. (REUTERS/Mohammed Salem)

Hamas celebrated Muslim Brotherhood’s election win today saying Mohammed Morsi will help them with their cause. Hamas said Morsi will help them “return home.”
Reuters reported:

The Gaza Strip’s governing Hamas on Sunday welcomed the victory of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt’s presidential vote, saying its ideological ally’s success would help the Palestinian cause.

The impoverished enclave burst into celebration upon hearing that the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsy had won elections held after former president Hosni Mubarak fell to a people’s revolt last year.

Locked in a long power-struggle with its secular Palestinian rivals, Hamas had a mixed relationship with the previous, U.S.-aligned Egyptian president, who supported Israel’s blockade on Gaza.

“We will look to Egypt to play a big, leading role, a historic role, regarding the Palestinian cause, in helping the Palestinian nation get freedom, return home, and totally end the Gaza siege,” Ismail Haniyeh, head of the Hamas government, told Reuters Television.

Swish
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 11:47am

If you have been following events in Egypt you would know most of that (Political Theatre) or whatever you want to call that is just nonsense and just another ploy for fear fear fear. The Egyptian people took control of their country not Obama. And All Leaders around the world congratulated the winner as they always do in support of the democratic process, to do anything else would undermine our interests and future in the region. To suggest some devious plot of a world takeover is just political insanity and quite laughable and just shows how easy it is to get some people to a fear response. One thing is clear, the use of fear to manipulate people has now become standard operating procedure for some, and it is also clear that those being manipulated do not and will not face these facts.     Of course this would require that you read more than just the Fear Machine!!!!!

Be Afraid    Be Very Afraid   Oh and by the way vote republican   (What A Joke), it seems that’s all the right has left, scaring people half to death and destroying America so fewer and fewer people can flourish (Goodbye Middle Class). As for the left they are way behind the eight ball and will need to learn this fear game the right has fine tuned in order to compete going forward, which in my opinion is doubtful with the current leadership in that party. They just don’t get the power of fear and they refuse to understand why it works, its like none of them took physiology 101 (DUH)

Egypt is the least of our worries in that region of the World, and even if just a small portion of your fear post is true the western backed and influenced Military has already taken control of the situation by amending the constitution just enough to have control over the newly elected president (Go Figure). Most of what has happened was completely predictable many many months ago.  My guess is this new guy will be forced to pull away from the radical brotherhood and retreat to a more moderate government with a mix of people including some minority Christians and even women which of course will outrage the radicals who will accept nothing more than a Religious state where Christians are persecuted and women are put in their place (Never Going To Happen). I would also expect a full retreat on the harsh rhetoric on foreign affairs and treaties to be made within days which will also erode his support among the radicals. He will be on a tight leash and any attempt to radicalize the Country or as the ridiculous article above suggests turning the country into a terrorist state will be dealt with swiftly by the Western Backed Military.

As for Hezbollah and Hamas they are grasping at straws now that their gravy train (Military Support) is sputtering and hopefully coming to a halt (Lebanon-Syria-Iran-Russia-China). And the radical Palestinians will once again be devastated and crushed to find out the new Egyptian leader is not going attack Israel or provide weapons and thousands of rockets as the above states have done. More important both to the US and Israel is the Breakup of the Syria-Iran-Russia_China  problem which has caused much in the way of lost lives and problems for Israel/US  and the rest of the region. Hopefully the Right has enough common sense to understand this and stop throwing resistance  in the way of this final step of a long planned out strategy. But then again that would require setting aside instant political gain for the overall goals of the Country which just doesn’t seem to be in the cards for people of the radical right these days, its much more fun to chase ghosts and scare the crap out of people for votes. I will have to say there are atleast a handful of people of the right who get the big picture here and realize what needs to be done, one being from my State of Arizona McCain. Its to bad these folks have lost their voice to the radicals of the party and are now being minimized. As far as the Radical Left goes, to much talk and not enough action. They don’t seem to realize that the big stick only works if you use it and an endless conversation serves no one and only gives voice to more radical ideologies. We have a window of opportunity here of maybe six to twelve months to get this done and neither side seems capable of setting aside short term political gain for the overall strategy especially as it relates to Israel and the region as a whole. The opposition totally identifying our lack of conviction and unity will and are taking advantage at every opportunity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic