Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Are We Being Poisoned Intentionally???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are We Being Poisoned Intentionally???
    Posted: November 23 2011 at 8:28am

BPA Levels Rise 1,221% After 5 Days Eating Canned Soup

Volunteers who had one can of soup per day for five days had urine BPA (bisphenol A) levels rise by over 1,221% compared to the same people who had consumed freshly made soup daily for five days, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health reported in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association). The authors say their study is one of the few to measure human BPA levels after consuming canned products.

Lead author, doctoral student, Jenny Carwile, who studies at the faculty's Department of Epidemiology, said:

"Previous studies have linked elevated BPA levels with adverse health effects. The next step was to figure out how people are getting exposed to BPA. We've known for a while that drinking beverages that have been stored in certain hard plastics can increase the amount of BPA in your body. This study suggests that canned foods may be an even greater concern, especially given their wide use."

Bisphenol A (BPA)

Bisphenol A or BPA, molecular formula C15H16O2, is an organic compound that is used to make polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins, among other things. BPA is an estrogenic - it has properties which can mimic the effects of the human hormone estrogen - it is an endocrine disruptor.

BPA is added to the lining of foods and drinks cans and, according to studies, interferes with reproductive development in animals, including humans. BPA levels in humans have been associated with a higher risk of developing several diseases and conditions, including obesity, diabetes type 2, and cardiovascular diseases.

BPA has also been found in polycarbonate bottles, which are identified by recycling number seven, as well as dentistry sealants and composites.

In 2008, concern regarding BPA became a public theme in the media after the governments of several nations questioned its safety - many retailers in North America, Western Europe, Japan and Australasia made moves to remove BPA-containing food products from their shelves.

A 2010 US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) report expressed concern regarding exposure of BPA to fetuses, infants and young children. Canadian authorities declared BPA a toxic substance in 2010 - the first country to do so. BPA is banned in baby bottles in the European Union and Canada.

Prenatal exposure to BPA has been associated with subsequent neurological difficulties.

The Harvard Study on the impact of canned soup on human BPA levels

Jenny Carwile and Karin Michels set out to determine whether the consumption of canned soup might raise concentrations of urinary BPA, compared to the consumption of freshly-made soup.

Their 75 volunteers consisted of students and staff from the Harvard School of Public Health. They were divided into two groups:

• One group ate a 12-ounce serving of canned soup (vegetarian), one a day for five days. Then they washed-out for two days. This was followed by a same-sized portion of 100% freshly-made soup once a day for five days.
  • The other group did the same, but the other way round; starting off with daily freshly made soup, followed by a two-day washout, and then five days of daily canned soup.

The urine sample results from the two groups were similar, and showed that at the end of the five days on canned soups their HPA urine concentrations were 1,221% higher, compared to levels at the end of five days on freshly-made soup.

Further studies are required to determine how long urine levels remain high, the researchers stressed. They suspect the higher BPA levels may be temporary.

Senior author, Karin Michels, said:

"The magnitude of the rise in urinary BPA we observed after just one serving of soup was unexpected and may be of concern among individuals who regularly consume foods from cans or drink several canned beverages daily. It may be advisable for manufacturers to consider eliminating BPA from can linings."

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/238157.php

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2011 at 4:12pm
I have given up can goods except for can chicken and can tuna. I use only fresh or frozen now. Dang everything gives us cancer!!!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2011 at 10:16pm
This is disturbing :(

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2011 at 8:27am
Here is a quick quide a friend emailed me on plastics and there use in food and liquid storage. I found it helpfull in identifying products in my own home which I have either eliminated or switched to other products.
________________________________________________________________________________

Know Your 7 Plastic Codes:

Plastic products are labeled per federal regulations, usually on the bottom of the product inside a triangle with a number which identifies the type of plastic and or whether it is recyclable. If the product is not labeled simply do not use it!  Recently there has been a marketing campaign by drink manufacturers to identify the bottles as less or no  plastic (Plant Based) which is deceiving. This is not true, the bottles are still plastic with the same health risks with the only difference being the use of ethanol (Sugar Cain) instead of petroleum to produce the product (Don’t be Fooled). These are usually used in drinking bottles such as water and soda and are still plastic and are (SINGLE USE Only-Do Not Re-Use).

No. 1 -
PET or PETE (polyethylene terephthalate)
Typical Product Application: Soft drink bottles, medicine containers
Recyclable? Yes.  Single use only as studies indicate PET containers leach DEHP, an endocrine-disrupting phthalate and probable human carcinogen. This plastic product should be used and then disposed of (Never Reuse). This type of plastic will leach toxins into whatever is being stored in them, the longer the storage the more leaching of toxins occur. Leaching also has been shown to accelerate when exposed to temperature swings, do not freeze or heat this type of plastic and then consume contents.  Extended use will increase risk of leaching. Also their design lends itself to harboring of bacterial growth.

No. 2 - HDPE (high density polyethylene)
Typical Product Application: Toys, bottles for milk, water, detergent, shampoo, motor oil
Recyclable? Yes. This product is considered a safer plastic however research is still ongoing. So far research has not shown leaching of toxins from this type of plastic.

No. 3 - PVC  (polyvinyl chloride). Not Safe.
Typical Product Application: cordial, cooking oil, shampoo & detergent bottles, pipe & tubing, meat wrap.
Recyclable? Yes. Releases carcinogenic dioxins into the environment when manufactured or incinerated. This product has been shown to leach harmful toxins into product being stored in them. Most common exposure would be deli meats and cheeses or pre-packaged cold cuts and cheeses as well as home plastic plastic wraps for food storage. Do not heat or freeze food in this product especially microwave heating as this will increase the leaching of toxins directly into the food in contact with it.

No. 4 - LDPE (low density polyethylene)
Typical Product Application: Soft, flexible plastic as used in garbage bags, wrapping films, grocery bags
Recyclable? No. Considered fairly food safe.

No. 5 - PP (polypropylene)
Typical Product Application: Hard, but flexible. Used in ice-cream & yogurt containers, potato crisp bags, drinking straws, syrup bottles, diapers
Recyclable? Less recyclable. Uses less toxic additives when manufactured.

No. 6 - PS (polystyrene). Not safe.
Typical Product Application : Rigid, brittle plastic. Coffee cups, take-out food containers, meat trays, plastic cutlery

Recyclable? No.  Can leach styrene, a possible human carcinogen. This product has been shown to leach harmful toxins into whatever is being stored in them especially acid and oily products such as meat and cheese, the longer the storage the more leaching occurs. Also affected by temperature swings, when frozen or heated such as in a microwave.

No. 7 - Other (including polycarbonate, nylon and acrylic)

Typical Product Application: Baby's bottles, some water bottles, inside lining of canned foods.
Recyclable? No.  Plastic contains Bisphenol-A, a known hormone disruptor that may leach in some circumstances. Recent research has shown this product to leach into food products they are used with.

Understand the Plastics Impact on your Health and the Environment:

Plastics Impact Our Personal Health -

a)   Dioxins.  Dioxins, which are highly
poisonous even at low doses, are produced when plastics are manufactured and incinerated. Various official reports have concluded that dioxins have the potential to produce an array of adverse health effects in humans, including hormone and immune system disruption, skin diseases and cancer.

b) Phthalates. Phthalates are "plasticizers" linked to a variety of birth defects and is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen. Most cling-wrapped meats, cheeses and other foods bought from shops are wrapped in PVC. The "plasticizers" are used in the manufacture of #3 PVC plastic to soften it into its flexible form. Traces of these chemicals, known as adipates and phthalates, can leak out of PVC when it comes in contact with foods. Phthalates are also widely used in cosmetics and beauty products, including nail polish.

c) Bisphenol APlastic food and drinks containers are a great concern due to the safety issue around low-dose effects of bisphenol A (BPA).  Bisphenol A (BPA) was invented in the 1930s during the search for synthetic estrogens. Many #7 polycarbonate bottles are made with bisphenol A (BPA). It is the chemical used to make hard, clear plastics such as those found in baby bottles, food-storage containers and the lining of soft drink cans.  BPA is also used in the manufacture of epoxy resins and various other plastics. Chemical bonds that BPA forms in plastic can unravel when heated, washed or exposed to acidic foods, or as the container ages generally. This creates chemical contamination of the food or drink. Many studies have evaluated BPA as a hormone disruptor, a chemical that alters the body's normal hormonal activity. Our bodies are extremely sensitive to sex hormones, and miniscule amounts can induce profound changes.

d) AntimonyIn an effort to be healthier, we are turning to bottled water on mass.  The purity of the water in these commercial waters brands bottle aside, the leaching effect of plastic into water may be an issue. #1 PETE plastic water bottles have been shown to leach antimony into water. It is important to remember that leaving water in any plastic bottle for a prolonged period of time allows for chemical leaching to occur.

Tips for Reducing Your Toxic Plastic Exposure:

1) Store your food and water in glass or stainless steel if at all possible.

2) If you can't use glass, only use one of the above "safe" plastic jars.  Safer plastics for storing food & beverages = #2 HDPE, #4 LDPE, and #5 PP . Most research has not shown leaching of any carcinogens or endocrine disruptors from these plastics.

4) Avoid Risky Plastics--#3 PVC, #6 PS, and #7 Other (usually Polycarbonate ).  Found in some clear food packaging, #3 PVC, the second most commonly used plastic in the world, is a toxic plastic dangerous both to our health and to the environment. NEVER use Styrofoam cups, especially for hot drinks. Polystyrene, #6 PS, is usually found in foam containers and cups may leach styrene. Styrene, considered a possible human carcinogen, may also disrupt hormones or affect reproduction.  If you use baby bottles, know that around 95% of all baby bottles are currently made of polycarbonate (#7). Switch to polycarbonate-free baby bottles, like those manufactured from glass or from #5 PP, or consider using glass bottles when ever practical. And don't microwave your baby' plastic bottles!

5) Avoid heating food in plastic containers

6) Avoid storing fatty foods, such as meat and cheese, in plastic containers or plastic wrap

7) Bring your own containers and cups to shops where you'll be served in plastic

8) Avoid plastic cutlery and dinnerware, especially when cooking or heating food

9) Use wood instead of plastic cutting boards and spray your wooden board with a mist of vinegar, then with a mix of hydrogen peroxide, to kill bacteria

10) When purchasing cling-wrapped food from the supermarket or deli, slice off a thin layer where the food came into contact with the plastic and store the rest in a glass or ceramic container, or non-PVC cling wrap

11) Get a good quality, stainless steel, reusable water bottle.
Never freeze plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2011 at 9:25pm
Thanks for posting this. 

I've tried to cut back on plastic & no longer microwave anything in plastic or with plastic on top.  I even hate the taste of sandwiches that have been wrapped in a plastic baggie.  A friend of ours doesn't even like the taste of mayonnaise packaged in plastic containers.  He said it tastes funny.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 6:30am
Mahshadin, you're doing good at finding news and keeping tabs on things around here.  Keep up the good work. 

A
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 4:05pm
Great infomation Mahshadin but I just don't worry any more because all the damamge has been done to most of us. I have a friend who's Grandmother lived to 95 then the mother lived to 92 an Alcoholic and smoker by the way. Sad but true the daughter/grand daughter who took care of both until the end is 64 and dying of breast cancer in her bone now.

So the powers that be has already put all this junk in our bodies and it is killing us. If we all had any brains we would demand that everything be packaged the way it was 50 to 75 years ago. But that will never happen.

I have stopped worrying about stuff like this since many of us are already in trouble and our kids will be in trouble because NO ONE is going to stop this crap!!!
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 7:38pm
Hey Flumom I get what your saying, I am old and whats done is probably done.

But hopefully I can affect my children and their children. Most of these toxins are not a problem unless it is sustained and lengthly exposures.

Example

Bottled Water which if you prep than you understand this one. When I go to the store for water there will be 7 choices to choose from, of those 7   5 will be made of #1 plastic which the longer it sits the more toxic it becomes (Leaching) and can not be re-used. Or if educated enough to look the other 2 are made with #4 or # 5 bottles which do not leach toxins into the water.

Simple choice if you know what the choice is.
Iowa102 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowa102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 3:04pm
This is going to take some time to process but it appears to be worth the effort. Thanks Mahshadin
for posting the codes. You might want to check your vitamin and supplement bottles. I just found that my soft gel fish oil capsules were in a #1 bottle. 
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 11:16pm
   This is especially worrying as many of us have a lot of preps in cans, and water containers for water storage. That said, if my only food/water supply is potentially contaminated with BPA, it's still going to keep me alive. Good info though - if nothing else it's opened my eyes to the benefits of finding BPA free water containers.

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 9:02am
Are We Being Poisoned Intentionally??? Or, sterilized?

Recycling thermal cash register receipts contaminates other paper products with BPA.
portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_ARTICLEMAIN&node_id=2108&content_id=CNBP_028799&use_sec=true&sec_url_var=region1&__uuid=46c29814-ecb8-4987-9c30-388345e4f37e
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:15pm
Is the plastic used in Keurig K-Cups and water reservoir safe?

The water reservoir for the Keurig Platinum is labeled with the number 6 triangle for Polystyrene. Apparently the K-Cups are made from a combination of number 7 plastics.

Anyone use these machines, and if so what are your thoughts about their safety?

From a post the link below
www.coffeedetective.com/is-the-plastic-used-in-keurig-kcups-safe.html

They're Safe
by: Dr. Sean

As a PhD chemist, I feel safe in saying that Plastic #7, while inconvenient for recycling, can be made of plastics that will not leach BPA. I have no doubt that Keurig know that their plastics do not contain materials that would leech BPA.

I decided to test the cups using GC/MS and LC/MS. I also tested the cups with proton NMR. The cups themselves contain no BPA. When I test water that is run through the coffee maker without a K cup inside, I detect extremely low levels of BPA. (We are talking parts per billion to many parts per trillion). As a chemist, I am all for banning BPA. I feel that it is unsafe. That being said, I feel safe drinking from the Keurig coffee makers after having tested their output.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 8:04pm

If you're worried about toxicity, then start researching the safety of flu shots & mercury.  There are tons of information about flu shots & what is in them.

Aspartame is also toxic. (I used to get a headache everytime I tried a diet Coke, now I won't touch that stuff.)

We live in a toxic environment & are led to believe that many things are safe for us when, in fact, they are not.

Joe Neubarth View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Elver Elver wrote:

Thanks for posting this. 

I've tried to cut back on plastic & no longer microwave anything in plastic or with plastic on top.  I even hate the taste of sandwiches that have been wrapped in a plastic baggie.  A friend of ours doesn't even like the taste of mayonnaise packaged in plastic containers.  He said it tastes funny.

Trust your senses and avoid plastic in contact with your food.  Forty years ago I noted that
when we froze bananas (Minus the skin) for smoothies (frozen bananas and milk mixed together in a blender can pass for banana flavored Ice Cream with less calories) that the Banana Oil would leach into any food it was in contact with in the freezer.  We had several roasts that had a banana oil taste to them.  We were putting the bananas in plastic wrap and freezing them.  From that point foward, we put the bananas in metalic trays and avoided the leaching, but the lesson was not forgotten. The oil could seep right through the plastic wrap.  If the banana oil could do that, it would stand to reason that other chemicals could leach from the plastic as well.

I will not eat apples that have been stored in the same container as onions. I can taste something that has passed from the onion to the apple.  My wife can not.

I trust my senses.  All of my soups are made from original ingredients on my stove. I do not eat canned soups.

Total truth at all times. Why do people have problems with the truth?
Joe Neubarth View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 9:41am

We live in a toxic environment & are led to believe that many things are safe for us when, in fact, they are not.

The biggest health damaging issue in the northern hemsphere is our exposure to radiation. Your children's baby teeth have radioactive Plutonium, Strontium and even Uranium in them because of all of the contamination from Nuclear Plants and atomic bomb testing in the Fifties. And then we wonder why so many people are dying of cancer around us.

Wonder not.  It is the nuclear industry killing a million North Americans a year with cancer caused by radioactive pollution.
Total truth at all times. Why do people have problems with the truth?
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 2:25pm

If you're worried about toxicity, then start researching the safety of flu shots & mercury.  There are tons of information about flu shots & what is in them.

Aspartame is also toxic. (I used to get a headache everytime I tried a diet Coke, now I won't touch that stuff.)

Elver if you are worried about the Mercury just make sure your getting a single dose vaccine which is produced by 2 vaccine makers last time I checked (Mercury Free). The only reason they use the mercury is to preserve the multi-dose bottles of vaccine for longer time frames and multiple usage.

Note: Not gonna find that at China Mart     (Ask Doctor)
Littleraven View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2012 at 2:18pm
Always go with glass if possible for storage and good old iron for cooking.  Start canning and drying your foods.  Many old ways have been long proven to be safe--this is often a many times proven way--I know that there are exceptions to everything.  New products come along all the time and many of us have  been subjected to them both good and bad.  There are usually ways to get rid of these toxins from your blood an bones through our herbs and ancient remedies-not always completely-but vigilance/prevention is really the best ally.  It all takes time but giving up and continuing to intentionally allow poisonous products into your system and our environment is an eventual killer for everyone.  What is so sad is that so many will die from one poisoning--so small, where it will take more for someone else to succumb--cancer is so often a cumulative event which as you know involves our very DNA.  Excuse me for being somewhat introspective but, I don't believe that our biological systems are able to keep up with the constant barrage of exponential "good for you" technology and accompanying advertising and acceptance which inevitably leeks into and pervades our lives on a daily basis--new inventions, new ways of packaging, cooking, storing, living-and what is now acceptable doses of whatever they choose to release into the environment-etc--  I am in my 50's and I can remember my 102 year old Indian grandmother warning me to stay with the old ways.  She said that she saw that we would eventually lose ourselves and begin to accept and make exceptions and eventually justify a "dying life" for our children and great grand-children  I now see this happening in my lifetime. I took that to mean that that was her way of saying that we would begin to accept what we were told was OK or acceptable and that we would stop questioning what we ate, how we lived and reverenced our maker and that we would eventually stop considering out grandchildren and they would be the sad inheritors of what we do here and now.  It all has a place in our questions and in our consideration as what is so called now our position as; "stewards of the Earth"  (inept political terminology).  What do we say now when our children ask us what they can do to stop what we knew was taking place many years ago?  Do we make excuses and justifications and do we say "hey suck it up--those flu shots are considered safe by whoever and the sodas you are drinking--no problem and don't worry about that extra little bit of radiation--it's all OK-- a few more mutations (sorry about your friend with the breast cancer) but we are all just fine here--so move along?
There's a Bad Moon on the Rise
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 9:34am
"Dying life" - what a great way of putting it.
Littleraven View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 6:06pm
jacksdad,
My Grandmother always had a unique way of speaking--I always thought it was her mixed language.  When you write it that way though the term seems all the more--surreal. Thank you
There's a Bad Moon on the Rise
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic