Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Fukushima Failed Reactors (Update)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fukushima Failed Reactors (Update)
    Posted: April 22 2012 at 10:51pm
Hey suzi15
Not sure how to take that, is that dated material or current??
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Suzi15 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 5:17pm
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 6:11pm
Radiation Inside Fukushima Reactor So High That New Machines Must Be Designed To Monitor It

One of Japan's crippled nuclear reactors still has fatally high radiation levels and hardly any water to cool it, according to an internal examination Tuesday that renews doubts about the plant's stability.

A tool equipped with a tiny video camera, a thermometer, a dosimeter and a water gauge was used to assess damage inside the No. 2 reactor's containment chamber for the second time since the tsunami swept into the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant a year ago. The probe done in January failed to find the water surface and provided only images showing steam, unidentified parts and rusty metal surfaces scarred by exposure to radiation, heat and humidity.

The data collected from the probes showed the damage from the disaster was so severe, the plant operator will have to develop special equipment and technology to tolerate the harsh environment and decommission the plant, a process expected to last decades.

Tuesday's examination with an industrial endoscope detected radiation levels up to 10 times the fatal dose inside the chamber. Plant officials previously said more than half of melted fuel has breached the core and dropped to the floor of the primary containment vessel, some of it splashing against the wall or the floor.

Particles from melted fuel have probably sent radiation levels up to dangerously high 70 sieverts per hour inside the container, said Junichi Matsumoto, spokesman for Tokyo Electric Power Co.

"It's extremely high," he said, adding that an endoscope would last only 14 hours in that condition. "We have to develop equipment that can tolerate high radiation" when locating and removing melted fuel during the decommissioning.

The probe also found the containment vessel - a beaker-shaped container enclosing the core - had cooling water up to only 60 centimeters (2 feet) from the bottom, far below the 10 meters (yards) estimated when the government declared the plant stable in December.

Finding the water level was important to help locate damaged areas where radioactive water is escaping.

He said that the actual water level inside the chamber was way off the estimate, which had used data that turned out to be unreliable. But the results don�t affect the plant's "cold shutdown status" because the water temperature was about 50 degrees Celsius (122 Fahrenheit), indicating the melted fuel is cooled.

Three Dai-ichi reactors had meltdowns, but the No. 2 reactor is the only one that has been examined because radiation levels inside the reactor building are relatively low and its container is designed with a convenient slot to send in the endoscope.

The exact conditions of the other two reactors, where hydrogen explosions damaged their buildings, are still unknown. Simulations have indicated that more fuel inside No. 1 has breached the core than the other two, but radiation at No. 3 remains the highest.

The high radiation levels inside the No. 2 reactor's chamber mean it's inaccessible to the workers, but parts of the reactor building are accessible for a few minutes at a time - with the workers wearing full protection.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."   G Orwell
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 10:41pm
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 1:50am

The decline in deaths from all cancers combined continued in the USA from 2004-2008, but a major government report highlights a worrisome rise in cases linked to obesity and inactivity.

All radiation my ass.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 9:28am
This can't be good!

Lethal radiation detected inside Fukushima reactor
www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/20120328_14.html

NHK: Suppression chamber “may have been destroyed” at Reactor No. 2 (VIDEO)
enenews.com/just-in-suppression-chamber-may-have-been-destroyed-at-reactor-no-2-nhk-video
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:00am
TEPCO says Fukushima No. 2 reactor water level only 60 cms from bottom

TOKYO -

Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) on Monday said the water level of the No. 2 reactor container at its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is only 60 centimeters from the bottom, indicating a large quantity of water injected to cool the melted fuel is leaking from the vessel.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/tepco-says-fukushima-no-2-reactor-water-level-only-60-cms

_________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Tokyo Update, radiation levels around 200 miles (Tokyo) away from Fukushima

short vid

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is Japan (third largest world economy) Crippled

Japan closes another reactor, only one left

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2012 at 9:42am
Distribution of Radioactive Particles from Fukushima (Pacific Ocean)

Joe View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2012 at 12:16pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6jIvfy70Q&feature=player_embedded#!

Busby on heart damage caused by radioactive particulate.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2012 at 12:08pm
Joe/Joe Nuebarth we are allowed to use ONE user name. Your old user name is active and I checked it and there doesn't seem to be a problem with it. Are you having problems with it? Any reasons for creating a new user name?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2012 at 2:14am
Why aren't you posting with your other account? I personally unbanned you.

Originally posted by Joe Joe wrote:

That was a rather ignorant statement, as the original poster had just stated that as fact. As he previously stated, modern medicine has made great strides, but is losing the war against Cancer. Approximately 600,000 people die each year from Cancer in the US. In 1930 it was about one third that. The number of young people dying of cancer is going up with the older generations. In  areas where there is high radioactive particulate, still births soar. The fact that people are living longer is well known as one of many reasons for cancer rates.

And you accuse me of being ignorant? Jesus Christ Joe... I'll use your math here.
U.S. Population 1930: 122,775,046
U.S. Population 2012: 311,591,917
Three times the population should neatly threefold increase the incidence of cancer, no? Simple. math. Seems to me that the per 100,000 hasn't gone up one iota.

Highest rates have been noted in 'high-income countries' and put this down to a variety of reasons. This is likely to be partly because high-income countries are better at diagnosing and recording new cases of cancer. But a large part of the reason is also that high-income countries tend to have higher levels of obesity and alcohol consumption, and lower levels of physical activity.

Cancer is more common in older people, and countries with an ageing population thus tend to have higher rates.

That was a rather ignorant statement, again! There was no negation in the OP statement above. Anybody who has ever studied the fundamentals of radiation knows that Alpha particles and Neutron Particles carry fifty times more wallop than do Gamma or X or Cosmic Rays. Your response shows obvious gross ignorance of the types of radiation and the damage they can do inside the human body. They can all do damage. Some are just more dangerous from a cancer causing standpoint. You need to study an 8th grade science text to learn the basics.

And you should avoid trying to create your own little niche of science. All of this I understand very well as I, UNLIKE YOU, deal with radiologicals on a daily basis. Need I point that out again? You keep repeating that any amount of radiation as being the worst thing ever for you when some radiation isn't going to hurt you in the least. You claim to have actually worked with nuclear power in your past (Which IMHO I highly doubt), so you of all people would know that. Hence why I say you've got an agenda.

Are you a medical professional? Nope. You're someone with an agenda. While I can't find fault with your post above, your insinuation that getting a breast cancer xray is more damaging than CHECKING for the cancer in the first place is not only about the stupidest statement I've read in my entire life, it shows an astounding lack of understanding that more people, by a factor of MILLIONS are saved by getting XRay'd than not.

That was a rather ignorant statement again. There is no direct linkage to eating garbage and getting cancer. All cancers are caused by changes to the DNA inside human cells. Greasy hamburgers and rotting lettuce do not cause cancer as they do not get inside the cells and from there inside the cell nucleus..  Radiation can do that and several virus strains can also enter the cells. There is no known food that has ever entered the inside of  a human cell and altered the DNA.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! Spoken like a real life obese person! You are aren't you? Your ignorance knows no bounds! 

Cancer causing ingestibles.

Asbestos AKA Mesothelioma

See how I did that right there? I specifically sourced material. Try it. That way you know I'm not just pulling information out of my ass like you do. In fact I consulted a good friend of mine who is the director of surgical pathology and we had a round laugh at your insinuations of cancer causes.

If you had managed to get off your butt and run a mile a day, and not eaten all the High Fructose Corn Syrup, Twinkies, Sacchrin etc you wouldn't be dealing with diverticulitis, Piles, Hemmorrhoids, tumors etc Ad Nauseum. (Intestinal tract problems) Me, I run three a day and then weight train and eat right (plenty of fiber, fruits,In fact I just finished off a banana {ZOMG!!! RADIATION!!!!} and an apple, stay away from the greasy stuff and processed garbage) Keeps me healthy and fit. The best part is that it keeps me popular with the ladies! Giggity Giggity. It's never too late, there's still hope for you to do it too. Make the change today. As much as I like stirring your oatmeal, I don't want anything bad to happen to you and at any age or level a good workout isn't going to hurt.

That was a rather ignorant statement. Am I to assume that the laughing heads are supposed to indicate that you were trying to be funny?  Your stats are totally bogus/imaginary and show no understanding of what causes cancer. a human body is struck by thousands and thousands of radioactive rays in any given day. It is those rays that cause cancer. And as stated, some viruses can get inside a human cell and cause mutations.  Nobody said that cancer was solely from "radiological stuff" they ate. It  is true that most cancer is caused by radiation strikes to the nucleus. If food plays any role, it might hamper the body's ability to repair the DNA damage from raditation strikes.  If you really think that potatoes can cause cancer, please explain how the potato (or the carrot or the meat or...) gets into the cell to cause a mutation.  Scientific studies have never seen anything like  that happen, even with food additives.

Refer to links above? And I was laughting at you. That's what those smilies mean. I understand how that might be difficult for one as obviously intelligent and educated as you to grasp.

Particularly funny quote from above:

a human body is struck by thousands and thousands of radioactive rays in any given day. It is those rays that cause cancer. And as stated, some viruses can get inside a human cell and cause mutations.  Nobody said that cancer was solely from "radiological stuff" they ate. It  is true that most cancer is caused by radiation strikes to the nucleus.

Wow! Three different ways in a single paragraph. So is it most or all or none of the above? How about option E: 42.

AKA The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

But you're right, we're struck by millions of energetic particles all the time, and everyone else has from the dawn of time, and that's not going to stop anytime soon. But to diagnose nuclear power, which accounts for maybe, MAYBE 2% of your yearly radiological intake for society's cancer ills is illogical beyond belief. Again, you've gotten irradiated and ingested easily a billion times more radiologicals, or been exposed to more from your house and the food you eat than from Fukushima Pripyat and all the nuclear weapons testing COMBINED!

So lighten up Francis.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2012 at 12:07am
Joe,

We have a friend who had a normal colonoscopy 5 years ago.  He had one this year & had a very large amount of colon cancer.  He died because of it.  As you get older it is more critical to get checked more often.  What you ate 20 years ago may not be as relevant as what you ate  2 years ago.  You are fooling yourself into thinking that a new cancer at your age won't kill you. 

The rule of thumb for colonoscopy's is every 5 to 7 years depending on your age.  His colonoscopy was repeated exactly 5 years later, but it was too late.  His recent colonoscopy's were at ages 68 & 73.
Joe View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Originally posted by Joe Neubarth Joe Neubarth wrote:

If a woman gets a breast X-ray to check for Breast Cancer she risks getting cancer from the X-ray.  Her chance is approximately one out of 8000, but she is still taking that chance. It will take years for it to develop and grow, but it will still kill her if they do not catch it in time, so she continues to get X-rays as her doctor suggests.  As she gets older and has more and more breast X-rays she has greatly increased her chances of getting cancer from that diagnostic process.

So people living significantly longer has nothing to do with higher incidences of cancer?

That was a rather ignorant statement, as the original poster had just stated that as fact. As he previously stated, modern medicine has made great strides, but is losing the war against Cancer. Approximately 600,000 people die each year from Cancer in the US. In 1930 it was about one third that. The number of young people dying of cancer is going up with the older generations. In  areas where there is high radioactive particulate, still births soar. The fact that people are living longer is well known as one of many reasons for cancer rates.  

Thus where you live on the Earth (high or low Background radiation levels) does not matter that much as long as the Background Radiation does not include Alpha, Beta and Neutron emitters that can become particulate and be aspirated in or ingested as food. An Alpha outside the body can hardly make it through your dead skin of the outside of your body, but inside it has living tissue all around the spot where it originates.

Haha make up your mind. First you say that bullets are bullets and no matter what it's going to hurt you, then in the same post say the exact opposite.

That was a rather ignorant statement, again! There was no negation in the OP statement above. Anybody who has ever studied the fundamentals of radiation knows that Alpha particles and Neutron Particles carry fifty times more wallop than do Gamma or X or Cosmic Rays. Your response shows obvious gross ignorance of the types of radiation and the damage they can do inside the human body. They can all do damage. Some are just more dangerous from a cancer causing standpoint. You need to study an 8th grade science text to learn the basics.

Uranium Miners in the US West and in other countries died of lung cancer and abdominal cancer in horrible numbers.  Why?  They were ingesting Uranium dust and Radon gas and the Alpha and Beta and Neutron radiation caused DNA damage that gave them cancer.  People get intestinal cancer from the radioactive food they eat all of the time. Bananas are included in that food.  The idiot on the board says that the dose is of Potassium 40. The dose is of Beta Radiation which is ionizing and can cause cancer.

ROFL! So your absolutely garbage diet has nothing to do with intestinal cancer? Diverticulitis?

That was a rather ignorant statement again. There is no direct linkage to eating garbage and getting cancer. All cancers are caused by changes to the DNA inside human cells. Greasy hamburgers and rotting lettuce do not cause cancer as they do not get inside the cells and from there inside the cell nucleus..  Radiation can do that and several virus strains can also enter the cells. There is no known food that has ever entered the inside of  a human cell and altered the DNA. 

If you eat three or four times as many bananas as a normal person, I am certain that would increase your chance of getting intestinal cancer by a very slight degree. I eat lots of bananas as I have explained before on this forum because I am not afraid of any new cancers that might spring up now since I am in my mid sixties and it would take many years for a cancer just getting started now to ever get big enough to kill me.  What I need to worry about is what I ate twenty and thirty years ago.

HAHAHAHAHA OMG! This is fast becoming epic. So it's been said that cancer invades your body something like twenty times a day, I don't know the exact number, and your body fights it off. Every single one of those is from radiological stuff you ate? You think even ten percent of those is from radiologicals? Get real. LOLLOLLOL

That was a rather ignorant statement. Am I to assume that the laughing heads are supposed to indicate that you were trying to be funny?  Your stats are totally bogus/imaginary and show no understanding of what causes cancer. a human body is struck by thousands and thousands of radioactive rays in any given day. It is those rays that cause cancer. And as stated, some viruses can get inside a human cell and cause mutations.  Nobody said that cancer was solely from "radiological stuff" they ate. It  is true that most cancer is caused by radiation strikes to the nucleus. If food plays any role, it might hamper the body's ability to repair the DNA damage from raditation strikes.  If you really think that potatoes can cause cancer, please explain how the potato (or the carrot or the meat or...) gets into the cell to cause a mutation.  Scientific studies have never seen anything like  that happen, even with food additives.

Joe View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 10:26am
http://www.enviroreporter.com/2012/03/highest-radiation-in-l-a-air-yet/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XXe8K1fRqI&feature=colike

Alpha and Beta radiation which comes from particulate.  This is the stuff  that causes cancer.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 5:54pm
Guys please - keep it civil?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2012 at 4:38am

If a woman gets a breast X-ray to check for Breast Cancer she risks getting cancer from the X-ray.  Her chance is approximately one out of 8000, but she is still taking that chance. It will take years for it to develop and grow, but it will still kill her if they do not catch it in time, so she continues to get X-rays as her doctor suggests.  As she gets older and has more and more breast X-rays she has greatly increased her chances of getting cancer from that diagnostic process.

So people living significantly longer has nothing to do with higher incidences of cancer?

Thus where you live on the Earth (high or low Background radiation levels) does not matter that much as long as the Background Radiation does not include Alpha, Beta and Neutron emitters that can become particulate and be aspirated in or ingested as food. An Alpha outside the body can hardly make it through your dead skin out the outside of your body, but inside it has living tissue all around the spot where it originates.

Haha make up your mind. First you say that bullets are bullets and no matter what it's going to hurt you, then in the same post say the exact opposite.

Uranium Miners in the US West and in other countries died of lung cancer and abdominal cancer in horrible numbers.  Why?  They were ingesting Uranium dust and Radon gas and the Alpha and Beta and Neutron radiation caused DNA damage that gave them cancer.  People get intestinal cancer from the radioactive food they eat all of the time. Bananas are included in that food.  The idiot on the board says that the dose is of Potassium 40. The dose is of Beta Radiation which is ionizing and can cause cancer.

ROFL! So your absolutely garbage diet has nothing to do with intestinal cancer? Diverticulitis?

If you eat three or four times as many bananas as a normal person, I am certain that would increase your chance of getting intestinal cancer by a very slight degree. I eat lots of bananas as I have explained before on this forum because I am not afraid of any new cancers that might spring up now since I am in my mid sixties and it would take many years for a cancer just getting started now to ever get big enough to kill me.  What I need to worry about is what I ate twenty and thirty years ago.

HAHAHAHAHA OMG! This is fast becoming epic. So it's been said that cancer invades your body something like twenty times a day, I don't know the exact number, and your body fights it off. Every single one of those is from radiological stuff you ate? You think even ten percent of those is from radiologicals? Get real. LOLLOLLOL
Chances are it's from your horrible diet. Try eating something with fiber.

The drooling low IQ idiotic buffoon will never understand that.

Keep crying, it's too funny.
Joe Neubarth View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 5:57pm
Some idiotic drooling low IQ nincompoops on this board still can not understand that radiation is radiation and there is no limit below which it is not radiation.  One is also so flacking stupid that he can not understand the difference between radioactive particulate in the body and radiation that originates outside the body. I have explained it to the dumbfluk several times now, and he still does not get it.

Bullets are Bullets and there is no limit below which they will not harm you if they pass through your intestines.  Damage is damage is damage is damage.

DNA damage is DNA damage, too and there is no limit below which it is not DNA damage.

The Low IQ buffoon keeps on talking about external radiation exposure as if Background radiation or Cosmic radiation for pilots (that can vary considerably up to a factor of five, six or seven times depending upon circumstance) will produce five six or seven times as much cancer as the lower doses. 

His grossly stupid assumption is wrong in that Gamma or X-ray radiation has a low localized damage rate as compared to Neutrons or Alpha Particles. Neutrons or Alphas can cause twenty times the amount or damage as one X-ray or Gamma.  IF one were to measure the likelihood of causing cancer the factor might be fifty to a hundred times higher for an internal to the body Alpha or Neutron and a less higher number for a Beta.

Some people liken that to the fact that to cause permanent DNA damage both sides of the ladder rung in a DNA strand have to be damaged at the same time.  That is unlikely for an X-ray or a Gamma ray but is very likely for Alpha or Beta  Particles or Neutrons. It would more than likely take two X-rays or Gamma rays hitting on opposite sides of the ladder rung in the DNA to cause a faulty DNA repair and a subsequent Cancer or Tumor to grow.

Thus where you live on the Earth (high or low Background radiation levels) does not matter that much as long as the Background Radiation does not include Alpha, Beta and Neutron emitters that can become particulate and be aspirated in or ingested as food. An Alpha outside the body can hardly make it through your dead skin out the outside of your body, but inside it has living tissue all around the spot where it originates.

It is these types of radiation that come from Radioactive Particulate that is INSIDE your body when they decay that produce lots of cancers.

As far as Astronauts getting cancer.  Again I am not so much interested in radiation dose from Gamma as it is not as likely to cause cancer as ingesting Radioactive Emitters into the body. Just the same, of the hundred astronauts we have had in space, it would be interesting to see if their deaths from cancer are greater than the population at large.  Since very few of them are dead there is no way that we can get a reliable study at this time, but over the next fifty years we should get some viable data. I would expect it to be slightly higher than the average population, perhaps two to three percent.

The drooling low IQ idiotic buffoon will never understand that.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< jscode="leoInternalChangeDone" ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Total truth at all times. Why do people have problems with the truth?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 2:27pm

Only a grossly ignorant buffoon would ever try to say that there is  a safe level of radiation that we can accept.  That is as grossly stupid as saying that there is a safe number of bullet holes you can tolerate.

<Rest is simplistic blather>

Proof?

Can you substantiate a SINGE FARKING THING YOU'VE POSTED THERE or is it just more Joe Neubarth brand tinfoil?

You show your blathering ignorance without getting past the first damn paragraph. SO, Joey, what's a B.E.D.?

I'll tell you, it's a "Banana Equivalent Dose." It's important to understand what that is because basically it means that for every banana you eat, you get a DOSE of K40. If I eat 365 bananas I just ingested about 5 millirems of radioactive potassium. About twenty times that if I was chowing down on Brazil Nuts.

Are you HONESTLY going to sit there and say that eating a banana a day is BAD for us?

Are you going to sit there and say that all the people in Colorado are going to die simply because they're living in an area that naturally has higher radioactivity?

Are you going to sit there and say that people with granite countertops or houses made of bricks, stone or tile are unsafe?

Do you believe that pilots all get cancer and die because of the fact that they get a higher dose than everyone else? (Especially Astronauts who are bombarded by 25,000 mRems per mission?)

Or are you just totally and utterly full of sh1t?
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 12:16pm
Only a grossly ignorant buffoon would ever try to say that there is  a safe level of radiation that we can accept.  That is as grossly stupid as saying that there is a safe number of bullet holes you can tolerate.

All radiation striking the human body causes damage to cells. The degree of damage is  dependent upon the type of radiation. Strongly charged particles can strip electrons from chemical bonds with more affinity.  Thus an Alpha particle or a Beta particle can do  more damage than a Gamma or an X-ray.

The fact remains that when chemical bonds are broken in a cell, that cell can die, repair itself or become a mutation.  That can happen with the very first radioactive ray that hits you or the very  last.  In all cases the outcomes are the same. Either the cell  will die, mutate or repair itself.

Regardless of what the idiots say that is always the outcome when radiation strikes a cell.
The idiots can come on here and lie all they want, but the truth is  the truth and always will be.  Please disregard any nincompoop who tries to tell you otherwise, as those nincompoops are too stupid to understand the fundamentals of physics and human biology. In other words, they have not completed science beyond elementary school level.

The Federal Government consistently lies to the public about the corrupt Nuclear Power Industry.
The Federal Government consistently lies to the public about the dangers of radiation.
The Federal Government consistently lies to the public about the constant release of Radioactive particulate from operating nuclear power plants.
The Federal Government consistently lies to the public about the direct relationship between radiation  and cancer.
The Federal Government consistently lies to the public about the horrendous death rate caused by the Nuclear Industry.
Why does the Federal Government do this? Simple, our Federal Government is  totally corrupt and in the pay of Big Business.

Ask any Republiscam Congressman how much money they have received from the Nuclear Power industry to finance their campaigns. 

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Mahshadin Mahshadin wrote:

And to your statement about cover-up (YES) there is a minimum of 5 occasions where the Corp lied and covered up the truth about what happened and was happening. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM IN A RADIOLOGICAL ACCIDENT, unless you believe the Corp has the right to decieve to retain or protect profits (I DO NOT).

I'm not saying I don't believe you that releases do happen, I'm actually positive they do, but miniscule amounts of radiation isn't going to hurt anyone, and this is what fuels panic whenever someone even mentions "Radioactive" these days. Hell I got irradiated just today, actually I'm getting it right now from a source sitting on the desk in front of me. (The radioactive element I use to calibrate the Geiger Counter which is currently open). Then got microwaved by a Low Power Color Radar. The amount from the radioactive source, while I deal with it pretty much every day, I actually get far more exposure from the food I eat and the people I'm around than I'd get even if I carried the thing around in my pocket.

That said, I'd love to see proof of these coverups, of if that's simply not possible, evidence thereof.

The second reason I posted this update was to expose the critical design flaws in this reactor itself (Mark 1). The short video covers most of what are the major problems in this design which is 60 years old. We have 31 of these in the US and if an accident did happen with this reactor similar results could be expected simply by default of a faulty design in the first place.

And on this point I wholeheartedly agree, we need to update the system and update it now, and we should have been doing so for years now. But where you would have them systematically shut down and replaced, others would have everything shut down at once so we could have people getting stupid when the lights go out. This is my issue with others in regards to making wild statements about nuclear power, i.e. that all of them are continually releasing huge amounts of radiation and radioactive particulates, when that is simply not true.

Or that a single Xray is going to give you cancer. How many more times are we saved by XRay machines than hurt by them?

Or attributing the uptick in cancer rates specifically to nuclear power when there are so many other factors contributing to cancer rates it makes the argument null and void on its face.

You ask whats the answer, well first is to stop denying the problems and start replacing these with reactors that are much more current and do not suffer from major design flaws (Pretty Straight Forward).

Again, we agree.

On the abusive political comment, I just wont engage you. You seem to be very Angry lately so I am just going to let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man, sensationalism drives me crazy. It's no different than me getting angry when people say Obama's a Muslim, etc. It's obviously wrong, but people believe it anyway, so I feel it my duty to quash it with extreme prejudice.

Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Oh Jesus, not you too.

SO lemme get this straight: It's a coverup? This would be the biggest conspiracy ever, forever! Ever. 9/11 times a thousand! The problem with that line of reasoning is that anyone with a laboratory much less a geiger counter could dispel these wild, and quite honestly stupid rumors. (And they do)

Which leads me to the meat of the issue: What's the alternative? Oil's retarded high, wind/solar/etc cost more energy (Oil) than they'll ever produce in their entire lifetimes, etc ad nauseum. I suppose we could start euthanizing the worthless grasshoppers of society, but then the Democratic party would be frikin' doomed.

So what's the alternative?

TG

I did not post this to scare anyone, but rather to bring to light the seriousness of radiological accidents. Many people I speak to think its all over, they shut it down was one comment I got. Nothing could be farther from the truth and we will be living with this for more than a decade and in some areas more than a century.

And to your statement about cover-up (YES) there is a minimum of 5 occasions where the Corp lied and covered up the truth about what happened and was happening. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM IN A RADIOLOGICAL ACCIDENT, unless you believe the Corp has the right to decieve to retain or protect profits (I DO NOT).

The second reason I posted this update was to expose the critical design flaws in this reactor itself (Mark 1). The short video covers most of what are the major problems in this design which is 60 years old. We have 31 of these in the US and if an accident did happen with this reactor similar results could be expected simply by default of a faulty design in the first place.

You ask whats the answer, well first is to stop denying the problems and start replacing these with reactors that are much more current and do not suffer from major design flaws (Pretty Straight Forward).

See video on this reactor design and its flaws in design

On the abusive political comment, I am not a democrat but I wuld assume that is about offensive as you can get (Genocidal statement)

I just wont engage you. You seem to be very Angry lately so I am just going to let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay well and watch your back!!    over their

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 12:59am

Originally posted by jbrovont jbrovont wrote:

I disagree that that there's any "safe" or "inconsequential" level of radioactive material to ingest, however its apparent we are just going to disagree, so I'll stop arguing. :)

Well then don't eat any bananas, Brazilnuts, pour concrete, cut granite countertops or tiles, sweep your floors, cook with new pots, etc. The point is that you were probably ingesting multiple times more radioactives daily before than you are or will ingest particles released by Fukushima over your lifetime. Let Joey squeal like a pig all he wants, but he knows the truth though he's loathe to admit it.

The total amount you're receiving isn't even a tenth of what we all collectively received when the Pripyat reactor exploded and burned, actually releasing ash from the graphite they stupidly used to buffer their reactor.

A more constructive approach may be a simple suggestion for people in more affected areas to mitigate the risk: get yourself a high-flow reverse osmosis filter like the kind used for large production hydroponic setups. I'm putting a link to a cheaper RO I use that will do the trick (Mods please kill the link if inappropriate, just leave the info on the generic type of RO for people). A good RO membrane will strip out all the metals including Iodine, Cesium and Plutonium. If you get one with the carbon/sediment stack on it the membrane will last a lot longer. Chlorine, Chloramines and Chloramides trash the membranes, and a standard carbon pre-filter will add a lot of life to the RO membrane. A KDF85 carbon filter strips almost all the Chlorines from the water, but they also cut the flow rate quite a bit, so its a trade-off.

Good luck with that. Though you'll still be getting isotope ingestion from that which gets *INTO* your food. (Barring that which is already naturally occurring.)

And forget about going outside, doing laundry, washing your car, etc because every time you do any of those things, you're going to ingest it just the same or drag it into your house. And buying a filter for every room of your house then praying that it all gets sucked into said filter is simply not economically feasable in addition to being a fool's gambit.
Originally posted by Jbrovont Jbrovont wrote:

I know my RO system isn't a silver bullet that will stop me from ingesting radioisotopes, but it does remove a lot of other contaminantes as well. I always say "do the math," and in this case, I'm just playing the odds.

I guess that's all any of us can do, but to live a life worrying about things that are really no danger to us whatsoever isn't really living is it?
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 9:25pm

FOX affiliate in Seattle: Northwest sees 35% infant mortality spike post-Fukushima

http://enenews.com/fox-affiliate-seattle-northwest-sees-35-infant-mortality-spike-post-fukushima

Fukushima radiation taints US milk supplies at levels 2000 percent higher than EPA maximums http://www.naturalnews.com/032048_radiation_milk.html

"In November, 18 per cent of cod exceeded a new radiation ceiling for food to be implemented in Japan in April — along with 21 per cent of eel, 22 per cent of sole and 33 per cent of seaweed."

New EPA radiation tests show Cesium in California rainwater at highest level since crisis began

http://enenews.com/new-epa-tests-show-cesium-california-rainwater-highest-level-fukushima

EPA ends special monitoring for Fukushima radiation despite continued rise in nuclear fallout, increased threats to US

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032291_Fukushima_radiation_monitoring.html#ixzz1nYfKwo60

One experts' advise regarding food is to eat more fruits & vegetables and less meat because radiation will be more concentrated the higher up the food chain you go.  It was also recommended that we don't eat Pacific fish.  Cut way back on milk & cheese products.
I watched a video of this man speak several months ago, but don't remember who it was.

Check out Arnie Gunderson's video's on YouTube.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 8:06pm
I disagree that that there's any "safe" or "inconsequential" level of radioactive material to ingest, however its apparent we are just going to disagree, so I'll stop arguing. :)

A more constructive approach may be a simple suggestion for people in more affected areas to mitigate the risk: get yourself a high-flow reverse osmosis filter like the kind used for large production hydroponic setups. I'm putting a link to a cheaper RO I use that will do the trick (Mods please kill the link if inappropriate, just leave the info on the generic type of RO for people). A good RO membrane will strip out all the metals including Iodine, Cesium and Plutonium. If you get one with the carbon/sediment stack on it the membrane will last a lot longer. Chlorine, Chloramines and Chloramides trash the membranes, and a standard carbon pre-filter will add a lot of life to the RO membrane. A KDF85 carbon filter strips almost all the Chlorines from the water, but they also cut the flow rate quite a bit, so its a trade-off.

You need about 60 lbs of water pressure to run these effectively. I think 45 is the bare minimum, but the flow will be very slow. At 110 lbs you can fill a 70 gallon tank in about 12 hours, which if you're conservative will be enough to drink, water a small garden and bath in. If you have well water like me, you'll need a booster pump, but if you have city service you can thread these right onto a laundry tap and you'll be fine. There are larger systems - I think the same company makes one called a "Merlin" that will do close to 1000 gallons a day, but that's probably big-time overkill for most. Keep in mind RO systems waste a lot of water to keep the membrane flushed, so you may want to put some thought into how to use or dispose of the water where you won't be in prolonged contact with it.

Even if you don't spring for a high-volume system, the cheap box-store low flow ones are better than nothing. You won't get more than 15-20 gallons a day, but if you're concerned about radioisotopes, they will strip them out. Keep in mind that only a true reverse-osmosis system will work this way - a multistage sediment/carbon stack will get Chlorine and maybe Iodine but dissolved ions that aren't captured by carbon will pass right through them.

If you already have a filter and aren't sure if it is an RO system, look for the presence of a "waste-water" line. If it's a straight carbon/sediment stack, there won't be one. If it's a reverse osmosis system, there should be a black or dark water line that comes off it and goes straight to a drain. Generally speaking, and installed RO system needs a pressure tank it can fill up, while a carbon/sediment stack does not.

Here's what I run with an upgraded KDF85 pre-stage:

Stealth RO 100

I know my RO system isn't a silver bullet that will stop me from ingesting radioisotopes, but it does remove a lot of other contaminantes as well. I always say "do the math," and in this case, I'm just playing the odds.
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 11:55am

To try and compare hot particles (cesium, Strontium, Uranium, Plutonium) with background radiation is irresponsible to say the least, but then again it is the Corporate Line!! After all the piece of paper (Corp) cant suffer from exposure so why should anyone else (Its the same Trust Me). They can however loose profit and that is worth more than the truth Right!!!

Oh Jesus, not you too.

SO lemme get this straight: It's a coverup? This would be the biggest conspiracy ever, forever! Ever. 9/11 times a thousand! The problem with that line of reasoning is that anyone with a laboratory much less a geiger counter could dispel these wild, and quite honestly stupid rumors. (And they do)

Look at the US National atmospherics deposition program that Chicken Little posted and you'll see that the amount of radioactivity was just above the background it was before the nuclear accident.

Look at the amount of radioisotope particles released by a damn COAL plant! (significantly higher than nuclear.)

Which leads me to the meat of the issue: What's the alternative? Oil's retarded high, wind/solar/etc cost more energy (Oil) than they'll ever produce in their entire lifetimes, etc ad nauseum. I suppose we could start euthanizing the worthless grasshoppers of society, but then the Democratic party would be frikin' doomed.

So what's the alternative?
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 11:35am

Ingesting an alpha or beta emitter is a completely different type of exposure than short-term exposure via proximity to an emitter. It seems to be a common logic mistake being made that this distinction isn't important, but it's the difference between being *near* a contaminated apple for a few hours and experiencing irradiation, and eating the apple and having the emitters deposit in your body and irradiate you for the rest of their radiological life. A little research and some light math easily disproves the equivocation, although the way the distinction is lost in most mass-media outlets, its understandable that a lot of people are still falling into this logic trap.

A good example would be the workers slogging around in the plants that had skin contact with the radioactive water right after the accident. Some were hospitalized for treatment and then went on to recover. If they had consumed the water, they would have gone to the hospital to be made comfortable while they died.

True, however the total amount of released radioactive particulates is still well within the margin of error from background not only in Kalifornistan but around Japan.

Even the total particulate count released from nuclear reactors is far, far below that you ingest in a handful of brazilnuts of bananas.

Joey just wants to make tinfoil crinkle.
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 10:35am
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2011/1277/

Portland-area had highest Iodine-131 deposition in US at 5,100 Bq/m² by April 5 -Gov’t Study

Fission Products in National Atmospheric Deposition Program—Wet Deposition Samples Prior to and Following the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant Incident, March 8–April 5, 2011

Radioactive isotopes I-131, Cs-134, or Cs-137, products of uranium fission, were measured...
Source: U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey

I-131 was quantified and adjusted for decay to the time of sample collection for five whole-water wet-deposition samples from California, Colorado, and Washington. The activities of the quantified I-131 ranged from 29.6 to 1,090 pCi/L, and calculated deposition values ranged from 211 to 5,100 Bq/m2. Several weeks transpired between sample collection and analysis of the I-131 in the water samples, which were prioritized for analysis from west (high priority) to east (low priority). Therefore, I-131 activities likely decayed in most of the samples before they could be measured.

Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 9:51am

Ingesting an alpha or beta emitter is a completely different type of exposure than short-term exposure via proximity to an emitter. It seems to be a common logic mistake being made that this distinction isn't important, but it's the difference between being *near* a contaminated apple for a few hours and experiencing irradiation, and eating the apple and having the emitters deposit in your body and irradiate you for the rest of their radiological life. A little research and some light math easily disproves the equivocation, although the way the distinction is lost in most mass-media outlets, its understandable that a lot of people are still falling into this logic trap.

A good example would be the workers slogging around in the plants that had skin contact with the radioactive water right after the accident. Some were hospitalized for treatment and then went on to recover. If they had consumed the water, they would have gone to the hospital to be made comfortable while they died.
Alpha and Beta Radiation which is the most damaging to the human body can only travel short distances in air. To measure them adequately you usually have to open a Window in a sampling device and place it right over the source.

Alpha and Beta emitters in the human body can not be measured outside of the human body, but they can still cause cancer in the region that they are deposited.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, it only takes one radioactive ray to start cancer growing in the human body. It could be the very first ray from the very first breast X-ray a woman has in her life, or it can be the ten million gamma ray from the granite counter top that hits her that causes that cancer to grow. All the radiation has to do is strike one of the ladder steps (figurative expression) in a DNA chain. Like an H, the crossing stroke is where the damage is most dangerous. IF the left or the right side of the crossing stroke in an H is damaged the DNA can usually repair itself.  If the entire crossing stroke and part of the two upright strokes in the H are damaged (An Alpha particle can do this just fine) it is far more difficult for the DNA to repair itself correctly.

Three things can happen when the DNA is damaged.

1. The cell that the DNA is in can die.
2. The DNA can be repaired correctly and the cell continues on.
2. The DNA repairs itself incorrectly and becomes a tumor or a cancer.

Most people do not know that our food is radioactive, containing particles that decay and spit out Alphas and Betas and Gamma months and even years after they have been consumed and the contents of the food absorbed into the body. After an accident like Fukushima, our food is far more radioactive than normal. Absorbing Strontium and Cesium is not good for your long term health. From such food comes cancer.  And then we wonder why our cancer rate per 100,000 people has tripled in the past century, even with the great reduction in smoking.
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 9:42am

To try and compare hot particles (cesium, Strontium, Uranium, Plutonium) with background radiation is irresponsible to say the least, but then again it is the Corporate Line!! After all the piece of paper (Corp) cant suffer from exposure so why should anyone else (Its the same Trust Me). They can however loose profit and that is worth more than the truth Right!!!

Once you realize what is going on with the massive wave of corporate corruption in America you wonder if there is any way to ever defeat it.  I understand the reasons for the Occupy movement.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 6:12pm

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 3:33pm

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 1:50pm

Turbo your response is childish and indicative of a horrible science education. As I have repeatedly told you gross ignorance on your part is no excuse for posting constant gibberish on this forum. Since your inane posts  are so totally lacking in cognitive processing I am putting you on ignore from this point forward. 

No, you're simply too ignorant of what you claim to be an expert on and are spouting sensationalist garbage. That's it and that's all. I ask for PROOF, how about a CREDIBLE SOURCE? I don't mean that disaster of a blog you're running, or that forum where you're the only one that ever posts, I mean a REAL source.

That and you can't handle anyone asking you questions about your rather silly, stupid, or downright ignorant posts. Now you're butthurt. You should cry some more.

You've gotten owned like a one legged man at an asskicking contest!

The Nuclear Industry deludes people into believing that radiation is the important fact to consider around nuclear power plants.  Radiation is not the issue.  Radioactive particulate IS.!!!!!!!!!!!! It is Radioactive Particulate that is causing all of the statistical increases in Breast Cancer cases in northern San Diego County (where I live) and southern Orange County. Most of that particulate comes from San Onofre Nuclear Power station. That is the reason why I have been an irritant to the Nuclear Industry all of these years.

ROFL Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you are. HAHAHAHAH I'll bet they don't even know who the heck you are. Your self aggrandizing knows no bounds!

A million people are going do die because of that insane Nuclear Accident in Japan alone. Almost all of those deaths will be because of particulate radiation. Very few people even know what that is. I knew what it  was in high school because I studied Chemistry and Physics.  Most Americans do not study anything beyond basic elementary school science. 

Okay Doogie Howser. LOL too funny.

The Corrupt Japanese government in collusion with the Nuclear Industry in Japan is going around and measuring background radiation and telling people that they can live on the northern half of Honshu Island because background radiation is acceptable supposedly less than a few X-rays a year. Knowing that just one Breast X-ray can cause Breast Cancer and is doing so to thousands of American Women annually,

Now I know you're a sensationalist! I've gotten literally hundreds of XRAYs in my life and work with radioactives as part of my job. In fact I was working with a radioactive isotope just today. Do I have Cancer? Do you have any proof whatsoever that I might get cancer from those xrays? What's the risk vs benefit analysis of xraying women for breast cancer vs letting them find out the hard way? You're grasping at straws.

ANd here's the best part: Which is going to give me a higher dose of radiation? An airplane ride from New York to Los Angeles or a chest Xray?

What are you not going to fly anymore?

One guy that WORKED in the Fukushima plant got 180 mSv over a two week period, and didn't even get MILDLY sick and you think you're going to get hurt across the ocean??? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is the sky falling too!?!

I am not tolerant of any increase to back ground radiation. I am even less tolerant to Radioactive Particulate blowing in the wind as it is all over Japan and as it is all over the the West Coast of the United States (from Tijuana to Barrow, Alaska, with the heaviest concentrations in California and Southwestern Alaska.

So I ask you again: Exactly how large a dose are you and those along the coast being exposed to by just living there? How much more are you getting now that you weren't before? Yeah, it hasn't even gone up a single microroentgen! You got more radiation SLEEPING NEXT TO YOUR WIFE than you got from Fukushima! In fact you got a higher dose from the Potassium in your body than you'll *EVER* get from Fukushima and you're crying like a little girl with a hangnail! 

Originally posted by Chicken Little Chicken Little wrote:

Yes, there is particulate blowing all around. 
People are breathing that sheet in and they will have lung cancer in ten to twenty years from now.
People are breathing it in and they are already coming down with Leukemia.
People are breathing it in and they will  have intestinal cancer in a few years.
People are breathing it in and coming down with Thyroid Cancer. In the children of Japan it is  already happening.

Again I ask which confers a higher risk: Smoking a pack a day or just breathing air in Los Angeles?

Hell, you get quite a dose just LIVING in a stone, brick or I.C.F. HOUSE!

The by far best part of this little list is when you say that people will have intestinal cancer
in a few years! Naw, diet has nothing to do with that, in particular the American diet of too much meat and too little fiber. Your tumors probably have more to do with your poor diet and the diverticulitis than it does with any radiation you've ever gotten.

We received heavy doses of that particulate on the West Coast, and our Damned Corrupt Government only turned off the radiation detectors when the heaviest dusting of particulate was going on from mid March to late April.  That "dust" is still here. It is in our milk (At acceptable levels our corrupt government says. -- That is a damned lie from the depths of Hell!)

BWAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

DO you have even one SHRED of PROOF? One piece? Just one that there is a HUGE amount of radioactive particulates in Kalifornistan? Or is this just more of your "Joe Neubarth brand Tinfoil?"

There are no acceptable levels Even one Strontium particle  in milk can cause a cancer to start growing in your child if he or she drinks that milk. That dust is in my fruit growing on my trees in my yard. If I eat the fruit  from my garden I am ingesting Cesium and Strontium and Plutonium and Uranium that are Alpha and Beta Radiation emitters.That radiation is not even picked up on Geiger counters held just a few inches away from the fruit as Alpha and Beta radiation only travel short distances. When that short distance is inside your body it can cause tremendous DNA damage.  Those types of radiation are multiple  times better at causing Cancer.

Tinfoil. Provide proof.

And your saying that an Alpha/Beta sources will not be measurable at more than afew inches is total and utter bull and either you know it, or you're lying. Want proof?

I took the Alpha guard off my geiger counter and put it over an alpha/beta source and guess what I see. Yup, 75uSV an hour.

Ironically, I am eating the fruit from my yard because I am old enough that that I don't give a damn anymore. I will probably be dead from a heart attack before the cancer can kill me.  I grew up in the Fifties when Nuclear Bomb testing was above ground. I have Radioactive Strontium 90 in my teeth and bones. I have Radioactive Cesium in my body tissues. The tumors that I have in my abdomen could very well be the result of that Cesium. If Cesium enters the body, it is distributed fairly uniformly throughout the body's soft tissues. Slightly higher concentrations of the metal are found in muscle, while slightly lower concentrations are found in bone and fat.  I probably have Plutonium in my gonads as most boys from my era do. (And then we foolishly wonder why we are seeing all of these new genetic diseases and tremendous increases in autism in our children. I don't wonder why, as I know why.) Plutonium that reaches body organs generally stays in the body for decades and continues to expose the surrounding tissue to ionizing radiation. Uranium is in our bodies, as the body processes it as if it were a simpler mineral and puts it in the bones, just like Strontium 90. Radioactive Tritium is almost always found as water, it goes directly into soft tissues and organs. Radioactive Iodine that comes raining out of the skies can cause nodules, or cancer of the thyroid as that organ picks up Iodine. I could go on and talk about other radioactive particulate, but I think the case has been made.

No, if you are who you claim to be, then you know better than anyone that you're PERFECTLY SAFE eating anything and everything out of your fruit trees.

Have you ever seen a Government sponsored Education Film that tells the public about the tremendous increase in Cancer since the dawn of the Nuclear Age? Have you ever seen a Government sponsored Education Film that tells the people about the tremendous increase in Death Rate from Cancer during the Nuclear Age, even though we have managed to get cigarette use greatly reduced in this nation and even though Cancer treatments have saved millions of lives? In spite of all that, the Cancer Death Rate per capita has doubled thanks to radioactive particulate.

Correlation does not imply causation. Just as the last time I owned you when you said something stupid like this, you're saying cancer rates are going up during the same time our diets are collectively going to hell in a handbasket. I TRIPLE-DOG-DARE you to eat nothing but McDonalds for a month and let us all know how you're feeling afterwards. See if your risk of cancer at some point in your life hasn't just jumped by a factor of one hundred. That's like saing that because there's a full mon the stock market is going up.

Originally posted by Chicken LIttle Chicken LIttle wrote:

Why won't the Government educate the American Public about this tremendous cause of death? They do not want to have to shut down the Murderous Nuclear Power Industry. Years ago I figured that the German people having benefited from one of the best education systems in the world would have enough science education that the people would understand how deadly nuclear power plants are and that they would be the first nation to outlaw nuclear power. I have written to them for years and have been supportive of the anti-Nuclear movement.

And I'll wager that they helpfully filed your silly complaints straight in the circular file.

Too funny.

To get the message across they had to get off of worrying about Radiation Levels and concentrate their worry on Particulate Levels and what they do inside the human body.  Once they did that, they convinced their government.  We need to do that with our government, but before we ever get any success we need to get money out of the reelection process, because the Nuclear Industry greatly helps all reelection campaigns.  If you are running for reelection they will help you as long as you are pro Nuclear Power.  It is funny how that works.

The deaths of Millions of Americans have been bought by the Nuclear Industry  because the fat cats who run it make Billions.

That is the most perfect example of "I've got Mine, so Fug You!" that the Republiscams have ever shown us.

RAWR!!! Go Tinfoil!

You've got it under your hat don't you? DON'T YOU!?!?!?!

God in Heaven you make this too easy! Oh yeah, since you're the punchline around here now: A Priest and a Rabbi walk into a bar...

Joe Neubarth!

HAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 10:46am
Turbo your response is childish and indicative of a horrible science education. As I have repeatedly told you gross ignorance on your part is no excuse for posting constant gibberish on this forum. As regards almost everything you post on this forum, your ignorance is appalling.  You know nothing about Radiation and Cell Damage. Your overall education in the sciences appears to be far below Eight Grade science level.  Since your inane posts  are so totally lacking in cognitive processing I am putting you on ignore from this point forward.  You could do us all a favor by removing yourself form the board until you have at least a high school science education level.

It is Radioactive Particulate that is causing all of the statistical increases in Breast Cancer cases in northern San Diego County (where I live) and southern Orange County. Most of that particulate comes from San Onofre Nuclear Power station. That is the reason why I have been an irritant to the Nuclear Industry all of these years.

A million people are going do die because of that insane Nuclear Accident in Japan. That number is for Japan alone. Globally it may be as many as ten Million. Almost all of those deaths will be because of particulate radiation. Very few people even know what that is. I knew what it was in high school because I studied Chemistry and Physics. Most Americans do not study anything beyond basic elementary school science in Eight Grade.

The Corrupt Japanese government in collusion with the Nuclear Industry in Japan is going around and measuring background radiation and telling people that they can live on the northern half of Honshu Island because background radiation is acceptable, supposedly less than a few X-rays a year. Knowing that just one Breast X-ray can cause Breast Cancer and is doing so to thousands of American Women annually, I am not tolerant of any increase to background radiation. Background radiation causes a lot of cancer, so why add to it? I am even less tolerant of Radioactive Particulate blowing in the wind as it is all over northern Japan. It is all over the the West Coast of the United States from Tijuana to Barrow, Alaska, with the heaviest concentrations in California and Southwestern Alaska. Fukushima particulate has been well documented in the rest of the country and in Europe. My how that nasty stuff gets around!

Yes, there is particulate blowing all around. It is on our rooftops and in our gardens too.

People are breathing that sheet in and they will have Lung Cancer in ten to twenty years from now.
People are breathing it in and they are already coming down with Leukemia.
People are breathing it in and they will have Intestinal Cancer in a few years.
People are breathing it in and coming down with Thyroid Cancer. In the children of Japan it is already happening and the doctors are amazed at the rapid onset.

Damn, it makes me so frigging angry! Over the next few years, hundreds of thousands of children will start growing cancers internally because of Fukushima. The government will not tell the people about the real threat. It isn't radiation at the fence or a few kilometers around the plant that is the consideration, it is particulate that is spread heavily over a thousand square miles of northern Japan.

We received heavy doses of that particulate on the West Coast, and our Damned Corrupt Government only turned off the radiation detectors when the heaviest dusting of particulate was going on from mid March to late April. What was their excuse? Simple, they said they had to do maintenance on the machines.

That "dust" is still here. It is in our milk (At acceptable levels our corrupt government says. -- That is a damned lie from the depths of Hell!) and it is in our food grown in areas where the particulate settled.

There are no acceptable levels. Even one Strontium particle in milk can cause a cancer to start growing in your child if he or she drinks that milk. That dust is in my fruit growing on my trees in my yard. If I eat the fruit from my garden I am ingesting Cesium and Strontium and Plutonium and Uranium that are Alpha and Beta Radiation emitters. That radiation is not even picked up on Geiger counters held just a few inches away from the fruit as Alpha and Beta radiation only travel short distances. When that short distance is inside your body it can cause tremendous DNA damage. Those types of radiation are multiple times better at causing Cancer.

Ironically, I am eating the fruit from my yard because I am old enough that that I don't give a damn anymore. I will probably be dead from a heart attack before the cancer can kill me. I grew up in the Fifties when Nuclear Bomb testing was above ground. I have Radioactive Strontium 90 in my teeth and bones. I have Radioactive Cesium in my body tissues. The tumors that I have in my abdomen could very well be the result of that Cesium. If Cesium enters the body, it is distributed fairly uniformly throughout the body's soft tissues. Slightly higher concentrations of the metal are found in muscle, while slightly lower concentrations are found in bone and fat. I probably have Plutonium in my gonads as most boys from my era do. (And then we foolishly wonder why we are seeing all of these new genetic diseases and tremendous increases in autism in our children. I don't wonder why, as I know why.) Plutonium that reaches body organs generally stays in the body for decades and continues to expose the surrounding tissue to ionizing radiation. Uranium is in our bodies, as the body processes it as if it were a simpler mineral and puts it in the bones, just like Strontium 90. Radioactive Tritium is almost always found as water, it goes directly into soft tissues and organs. Radioactive Iodine that comes raining out of the skies can cause nodules, or cancer of the thyroid as that organ picks up Iodine. I could go on and talk about other radioactive particulate, but I think the case has been made.

Have you ever seen a Government sponsored Education Film that tells the public about the tremendous increase in Cancer since the dawn of the Nuclear Age? Have you ever seen a Government sponsored Education Film that tells the people about the tremendous increase in the Death Rate from Cancer during the Nuclear Age, even though we have managed to get cigarette use greatly reduced in this nation and even though Cancer treatments have saved millions of lives? In spite of all that, the Cancer Death Rate per capita has doubled thanks to radioactive particulate that is freely available all across the nation and present in most of the American grown food that we eat.

Why won't the Government educate the American Public about this tremendous cause of death? Simple, they do not want to have to shut down the Murderous Nuclear Power Industry. The Nuclear Power Industry consistently bribes Congress so they can keep operating in America.

Years ago I figured that the German people, having benefited from one of the best education systems in the world, would have enough science education that they would understand how deadly nuclear power plants are. If they did, I hoped, they would be the first nation to outlaw nuclear power. I have written to them for years and have been supportive of their anti-Nuclear movement. To get the message across they had to get away from worrying about Radiation Levels and concentrate their worry on Particulate Levels and what they do inside the human body. Once they did that, they convinced their government.

We need to do that with our government. Of course in our case, before we ever get any success with them we need to get money out of the reelection process, because the Nuclear Industry greatly helps all reelection campaigns. If you are running for reelection they will help you as long as you are pro Nuclear Power. It is just amazing how that works.

The deaths of Millions of Americans have been bought by the Nuclear Industry because the fat cats who run it make Billions. They want to keep on making their Billions, so they can live in luxury and ostentation while others die horrible deaths. They do not care as they are living the good life that all rich people aspire to.

That is the most perfect example of "I've got Mine, so Fug You!" that the Republiscams have ever shown us.

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 10:03am

Note that the Japanese want to entomb the particulate contamination immediately offshore from Fukushima, yet they are dumping tons and tons of dirty soil that is contaminated  with Radioactive Cesium and Strontium and Plutonium and Uranium and Tritium and a host of other radioactive elements in powered or liquid form.

And what else are they going to do with it? Eat it? Stick it up their collective butts? Put it in God's great cosmic toilet and flush it all straight to hell? The genie's out of the bottle, it's not about what they should've, could've, done, but what they're going to do now.

And a huge percentage of the Japanese diet comes right out of the water they're, according to you, polluting with exactly how many microsieverts of radioactives was it?

No, seriously, I want to know EXACTLY how many micro sieverts per year you think they're going to get. Bear in mind how much of a dose it takes to actually show a genuine link between radioactive exposure and cancer.

Any of the particulate elements listed above can cause cancer and since most of them (the bulk) decay with Alpha and Beta emissions which are far more injurious to body tissues than gamma rays, the risk for cancer is greatly increased if the radioactive elments end up  in the food chain. 

Tritium causes cancer? Then again so does Saccharin and regular ol sugar, and alcohol, and preservatives, and being male, and female, and the sun, and chewing your cheeks, and smoking.

It's all about the dose and the amount of time. It adds up, but the amount of radiation received at Fukushima city hall was very, very low. Well under that deemed safe for even a radioactives worker. About a thousand times as low. You're being nothing but one of those people that try to whip morons into a frenzy, and continue an atmosphere where people have an irrational fear of even small doses of radiation.

I have to wonder: Is it for personal monetary gain? If you really are who you say you are you know the truth.

Food Chain?  Let's see, Plankton to plankton eaters to fish to bigger fish to even bigger fish to the dinner table (or the sushi bar).  As soon as the degree of the contamination of the Pacific Ocean was discovered to be horrendous, the United States and Canadian government stopped testing fish for radioactive contamination.  That is right. They shut down a program that had been in progress for decades as soon as they knew that the fish were contaminated and that if people ate those fish they would die in ever increasing numbers in the years to come.

Which is a bigger risk? Eating the fish or smoking a pack a day? Eating the fish or eating at McDonalds once a week? Eating the fish or working in concrete? If it's such a big deal, get your geiger counter out and get a fish, live preferably, and put your geiger counter on him and show us all that his ass is radioactive.

If you don't I'm going to call your entire argument quackery, tinfoil, and yet another conspiracy theory. I ACTUALLY OWN a real geiger counter and will post pics of it when I get back to my dorm. Actually those pics are somewhere on this site, but I'll post them again. I tested some materials and even a piece of Uranium ore I got.

Why shut it down?  Simple!  Monetary donations control Washington and all federal policy. Obviously money from the fishing industry was at play here. So what if a few million people die or more DNA damage results in more and still more genetic illnesses in following generations? Shoot, as rapidly as all of the genetic illnesses are developing the entire world will be full of mutant human beings in a few centuries.  Everybody will be carrying bad DNA damaged by man made radiation.

COOL! I hope I'll grow a tail... Or maybe I'll be able to control gravity!

Or XRAY vision!!! Hey if I get that, I'm headed straight to Penham's house. Giggity! How *YOU* doin'? Evil%20Smile

Or better yet, LASERS right out of my eyes! Or maybe I'll be able to walk on water, pee fire, and crap ice cream! Pretty much everyone already is getting radiated from the steel around them because it was made after nuclear testing began.

And Man Made Radiation! That's the best line I've ever read from someone that claims to be a Nuclear scientist! That's like me saying I want a "New Diamond" or "New Gold!" HAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if we are ever going to make an effort to put a stop to the insanity? Only several  Germanic countries have done so to date.

So what's the alternative? Seriously, posit one on our collective conciousness. I await with bated breath!
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Neubarth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 6:33am
Note that the Japanese want to entomb the particulate contamination immediately offshore from Fukushima, yet they are dumping tons and tons of dirty soil that is contaminated  with Radioactive Cesium and Strontium and Plutonium and Uranium and Tritium and a host of other radioactive elements in powered or liquid form.

One hand does not know what the other hand is doing in Japan.

Any of the particulate elements listed above can cause cancer and since most of them (the bulk) decay with Alpha and Beta emissions which are far more injurious to body tissues than gamma rays, the risk for cancer is greatly increased if the radioactive elments end up  in the food chain. 

Food Chain?  Let's see, Plankton to plankton eaters to fish to bigger fish to even bigger fish to the dinner table (or the sushi bar).  As soon as the degree of the contamination of the Pacific Ocean was discovered to be horrendous, the United States and Canadian government stopped testing fish for radioactive contamination.  That is right. They shut down a program that had been in progress for decades as soon as they knew that the fish were contaminated and that if people ate those fish they would die in ever increasing numbers in the years to come.

Why shut it down?  Simple!  Monetary donations control Washington and all federal policy. Obviously money from the fishing industry was at play here. So what if a few million people die or more DNA damage results in more and still more genetic illnesses in following generations? Shoot, as rapidly as all of the genetic illnesses are developing the entire world will be full of mutant human beings in a few centuries.  Everybody will be carrying bad DNA damaged by man made radiation.

I wonder if we are ever going to make an effort to put a stop to the insanity? Only several  Germanic countries have done so to date.
Mahshadin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahshadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 10:15am
TEPCO to cement 73,000 sq meters of seabed off Fukushima

TOKYO-- Feb. 22, 2012

The operator of Japan's tsunami-crippled nuclear plant is to cover a large swathe of seabed near the battered reactors with cement in a bid to halt the spread of radiation, the company said Wednesday.

A clay-cement compound will be laid over 73,000 square meters of the floor of the Pacific in front of the Fukushima Daiichi plant on the nation’s northeast coast, said Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO).

The area is equivalent to around 10 soccer pitches.

"This is meant to prevent further contamination of the ocean… as sample tests have shown a relatively high concentration of radioactive substances in the sea soil in the bay," a company spokeswoman said.

Reactors at the plant went into meltdown after their cooling systems were knocked out by the monster tsunami of March last year, which was generated by a huge undersea earthquake.

Contaminated water from the plant leaked into the sea and radioactive particles concentrated on the seabed. Scientists fear ocean currents could pollute areas further afield.

The cover will be 60 centimeters thick, with 10 centimeters expected to be eaten away by seawater every 50 years, the TEPCO official said.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Radiation found 400 miles off Japan coast

02/22/2012 AP

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Radioactive contamination from the Fukushima power plant disaster has been detected as far as almost 400 miles off Japan in the Pacific Ocean, with water showing readings of up to 1,000 times more than prior levels, scientists reported Tuesday.

But those results for the substance cesium-137 are far below the levels that are generally considered harmful, either to marine animals or people who eat seafood, said Ken Buesseler of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts.

He spoke Tuesday in Salt Lake City at the annual Ocean Sciences Meeting, attended by more than 4,000 researchers this week.

The results are for water samples taken in June, about three months after the power plant disaster, Buesseler said. In addition to thousands of water samples, researchers also sampled fish and plankton and found cesium-137 levels well below the legal health limit.

"We're not over the hump" yet in terms of radioactive contamination of the ocean because of continued leakage from the plant, Buesseler said in an interview before Tuesday's talk. He was chief scientist for the cruise that collected the data.

The ship sampled water from about 20 miles to about 400 miles off the coast east of the Fukushima plant. Concentrations of cesium-137 throughout that range were 10 to 1,000 times normal, but they were about one-tenth the levels generally considered harmful, Buesseler said.

Cesium-137 wasn't the only radioactive substancereleased from the plant, but it's of particular concern because of its long persistence in the environment. Its half-life is 30 years.

The highest readings last June were not always from locations closest to the Fukushima plant, Buesseler said. That's because swirling ocean currents formed concentrations of the material, he said.

Most of the cesium-137 detected during the voyage probably entered the ocean from water discharges, rather than atmospheric fallout, he added.

Hartmut Nies, of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said Buesseler's findings were not surprising, given the vastness of the ocean and its ability to absorb and dilute materials.

"This is what we predicted," Nies said after Buesseler presented his research.

Nies said the water's cesium-137 concentration has been so diluted that just 20 miles offshore, "if it was not sea water, you could drink it without any problems."

"This is good news," he said, adding that scientists expect levels to continue to decrease over time.

We still don't have a full picture," Nies said, "but we can expect the situation will not become worse."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Containment Flaw Identified in the BWR Mark 1    (Feb 9th 2012)

20 plus of these in US

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Explanation (Review) of what actually happened

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic