Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

When Do You SIP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: When do you Stay In Place at home?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [32.14%]
8 [28.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [39.29%]

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 8:47pm
Nice idea to move the SIP debate to it's own thread   

This is a tough one, as I'd like to think I know a little more about pandemics than Joe Public, and would see the writing on the wall a little sooner. I'd have to know the strain, the infection rate, mortality, spread, etc before I'd make a decision. I work in healthcare, and I have people relying on me, but I also have a family that I might bring a virus home to. Of course, that could happen at my son's school or my wife's workplace, but if I felt the threat was too close and too great I'd start considering an SIP.

Too many factors to give a short answer, so I checked "other" as well.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 8:13pm
Good point Penham, use sick days. See I never think of using my sick days.

DannyK you are lucky!

These are great comments keep them coming folks.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 4:57pm
I only work part-time, about 15 hours a week, so I am not the major money maker, I can quit my job at any time, it's not an issue and I don't make a huge amount. Hubby has about 60 days of sick leave and vacation time through his job, not sure what could be done over the phone or from home.
DANNYK View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 1:14pm
For me it is easy,my wife and i own a small diner.we answer to no one other than our custermers.if we see a increase in deaths in our town SIP it will be .I think everyone here will know when to stay home.
ONE FOR ALL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 12:13pm
I am the first other vote. I do not know what I will do. I work in a school with some parents who travel all over the United States and the world with their jobs. So I could be one of the first exposed.

When I SIP is a real problem.   That is why I would love some suggestions and what will determine when you SIP.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 12:00pm
The topic of Stay In Place (SIP) is a very important one before anything happens. It could be H5N1 or some other virus or situation that would call for SIP.

The BIG QUESTION is WHEN do you SIP!!!   

Most of us have jobs and bosses who expect you to show up to work or lose that job. If a threat is perceived but does not come to be really bad and you have SIP and lose your job your LIFE CHANGES big time. Today jobs are not easy to come by.

SIP is a cute idea we all have but what is the REALITY?

Sorry to burst everyone's buble but even though most of us have preps to SIP...Staying In Place is not an easy decision.

Let us all have a real discussion on this and maybe we can help each other with some reality checks. I know I have brought this subject up before but let us have some real ideas of what to do and how to make this decision.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic