Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

When Do You SIP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: When do you Stay In Place at home?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [32.14%]
8 [28.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [39.29%]

Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 11:26am
Greetings All! I have now become focused on the current economic crisis worldwide, which is also effecting the US. It is more likely that there will be mass protests and uprising over our money losing value and the prices of everything going up and out of reach. THAT is real, it is going on now and could very well predict how we see our future this next year. Government will be calling in the armed forces to "protect" infrastructure, which, due to latest Obama EO, will be confiscated. And we poor fools will be left to defend ourselves, our family and our community. In addition, the elite want us peons to die off because we eat too much and breath their precious air. Do you really think we can count on the government to protect us from that? We'll do well to keep our preps and our guns from being taken (also in EO).

Outrageous scenario you say? Never happen? Educate yourself on the patriot act and all of its amendments, the 30,000 survelience drones in the US, the government mass purchase of ammo and emergency food, government purchasing bullit-proof checkpoint structures (what roadblock and where is a good question), advertisments for people to fill positions to "man" internment (FEMA) camps and what agreements the US has with Canada and Mexico about domestic terror. I never thought I'd hear myself even saying these things, I'm a very patriotic citizen. Just mentioning it for your reflection and discussion. SIP, for me, will happen as soon as riots become local and theres a clear police and military presence. ps: I've used at least one of the domestic terrorist word list that is being monitored on internet, Facebook and Twitter by Homeland Security. Ohhhh
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 9:52am
hmm I might have to get a couple of those cube things. Yeah, I'm really good with my credit card bills at the department stores, I've paid off two in full, have no need for them now because their clothes are bad quality now and over priced, one I use pretty regularly but I never spend more than 100$ at a time. ( I'm pretty much a cheapo.) The only one I have left to pay off is best buy because I bought a laptop and video camera for school. I'm getting closer to paying it off and after that, I probably will use it just once and a while, for video games. I hate that they give me big limits considering I don't spend a lot, it's annoying.

Hmm I think I could manage that with my little dog, half rations. I ration my own food too, to make sure I'm not taking in more calories than necessary and that it goes a longer way.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I hope your son has a nice college experience. :) Same state or different one? Here in CA, Northern and Southern might as well be two states because of the distance.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 6:52pm
My son is going out of state but not too far. He could walk home in 10 days or less so he could do that with a BOB.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 9:15am
Without any stops or resting, according to Google Maps, I could walk home in 5 days and 12 hours. However because I need food and sleep and stuff, I'd give it a good 10-12 days as well. However, this is if I take CA 60-5 or 60-99. I would not know my way without those freeways since there are mountains that border southern CA.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 4:13pm
Hachi, get a really good map so that you can go home by the "back way". I am getting my son a really good map and I am going to laminate it so that water will not hurt it. He has a "back way" home but he may need his snow shoes for that is why I am sending snow shoes with him. I am getting a small storage unit so that he has all the stuff he needs stored organized and ready to go, with instructions. I am giving basic instructions what to put in the car or if he has to walk and instructions on all the gadgets he has like the Berkey water bottle & stani drops, the Esbit stove and a few other things. I am going to go through all of it before he goes to school but I know he will never remember anything. I will laminate all of these instructions, no good if they get wet and he can't read them.

Get a good map Hachi you want to stay off the major highways. If you don't like guns get bear spray and some pepper spray. Got both just in case he needs it. People will not be nice if times are bad.

I don't trust a kid with a gun yet but will have to see in the future.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2012 at 2:05pm
Hmm, I'll have to look into that. I'd probably partially take the coastal route instead of the mountain route (although it'd probably take a bit longer) as the mountain elevation is bad for my head, it triggers my vertigo. Also, I'd be more likely to find food on the coastal sides since I enjoy fishing and can make a simple pole and line. My apartment will be my storage since I am living alone for the most part, minus bf visits and my dog lol. Most of the CA maps they sell here are laminated so that works well for me.

I am a knife person, myself. I have a fear of pepper spray though, it's from when I was a child around 5, this girl who I thought was my friend, around age 9, about 6 months after she tried to drown me (she lied about it, told her mom and my parents that she was teaching me how to breath under water *by sitting on me, obviously *her mom wasn't even watching us like she was supposed to* my parents didn't buy it so we stopped visiting them. However, her mom made her come over an appologize, which is the 6 months later part), she pushed now 6 y.o. me down in the garden, for the brief moment I was alone and sprayed almost half a can of pepper spray in my eyes. Basically, she's why I fear deep water, can only doggy paddle and pepper spray scares me. After a long road of karma payback, she is no longer of this earth. I am going to try and save up to take firearm safety classes and purchase one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic