Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Where are the Bahamas results?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are the Bahamas results?
    Posted: March 03 2006 at 1:06am

This is getting rediculious. WHERE ARE THE TEST RESULTS!!!

Being a major tourist destination you'd think they would want to resolve this issue fast and spend as much time, money and manpower as possible to get test results so they could then take action. The longer they wait says two things.

1. The test results are positive. (They could have reasonably known in 12 hours or less.)

2. BF is being given more of a chance to spread.

3. The samples were placed on the backs of sea turtles and sent to Atlanta or London.

(Okay 4 I lied)

4. It will be politics as usual here in North America with BF.

PI$$E$ me off!

IF the results are this slow lets you know how preped the governments around here are. including the US and Britan. I guess they accept the inevitability. The planned responses from our governments will be No response.

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 4:32am
I agree that it looks very strange - the official that gave information about the situation stated that it was not bird flu and that a diagnosis of BF would hurt their tourism industry.  Since the island is very dependent on tourism, I would not look for a BF announcement unless they were almost forced to do so.
mini-mouse View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 4:49am
No, we wont be informed about this any more than any of the other threats coming our way - the businesses are being informed' you bet cha! But, it won't trickle down to us little folks because we are not of value to this government - it's the businesses and the polititions that have value here and the rest of us can just stay home and take care of our sick, starve to death and expect no help from their - notice I don't say our - government.  And our single voices are mute because we have no credibility. The news is silent - WHY?????Angry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:14am
The waiting part is the hardest..but at least they have not come back with there favorite...they are false and then 3-4 days later turns up they are positive..have,nt decided which one annoy,s me more
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 8:30am
Didn't the health minister feed us some baloney line yesterday about the carcases being too old for testing?
I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
7Strong View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7Strong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 8:46am
I saw the bit about the carcasses being too old for testing.  They said there is no way it could have been bf because there were only a few dead birds blah blah blah  and that the media should not have blown it out of proportion.  Of course since they are a tourist area they would cap any news pretty quickly.  I'm sure we won't know of further bird die offs.
virusil View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 8:48am

they are doing a hell of a job

prep my friend

ignorance.
fafhrd View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fafhrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 9:33am

A WHO official goes to the Bahamas.

Official: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The Bahamian Health Minister does not respond.)

O: 'Ello, Miss?

Minister: What do you mean "miss"?

O: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

M: We're closin' for lunch.

O: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this parrot what I found not half an hour ago on this very island.

M: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

O: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

M: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Adapted from this

I had a little bird,
his name was Enza;
I opened the window,
and influenza.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 9:42am

He's not resting.

No, he's pining for it's mate. Yea, that's the ticket !
jtg1969 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtg1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:09am

Experts: Bahamas Bird Flu Just False Alarm

Friday, March 03, 2006

NASSAU, Bahamas — The deaths of wild birds on an island in the Bahamas appear to be unrelated to bird flu, officials said Thursday.

A preliminary report from experts dispatched to the island of Great Inagua to investigate the death of flamingos and other migratory birds this week stated there were fewer dead birds than first thought and that they did not seem to have died of bird flu, the national park director said.

"The experts have reported that they have seen no sign of bird flu, and no new deaths of flamingos or any other species," said Eric Carey, director of parks and science for the Bahamas National Trust.

Authorities previously reported 15 West Indies flamingos, five roseate spoon bills and a cormorant had been found dead, but experts found only five dead birds on the island, Agriculture Minister Leslie Miller said.

Great Inagua has about 60,000 West Indies flamingos, the world's largest breeding colony of this bird, which migrates through the Caribbean.

< name=searchBot ="return searchSub(.searchBot);" =http://search.foxnews.com/info.foxnws/redirs_all.htm method=get>< = value=wbsdogpile name=pgtarg> < = value=web name=qcat>
SEARCH < =search style="WIDTH: 350px" maxLength=52 size=15 name=qkw> < =goBut =submit value=GO>

document.write(footer());
Click here for FOX News RSS Feeds

Advertise on FOX News Channel, FOXNews.com and FOX News Radio
Jobs at FOX News Channel.
Internships at FOX News Channel (Summer Internship deadline is March 15, 2006).
Terms of use.  Privacy Statement.  For FOXNews.com comments write to
foxnewsonline@foxnews.com;  For FOX News Channel comments write to
comments@foxnews.com
© Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2006 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.
All market data delayed 20 minutes.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:19am
OK, well, we have had the official denial that always comes in an area that would be economically damaged if it was known that they had bird flu.

Now, we have to wait for a few weeks to find out the truth.
Falcon View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:24am
ouch this could be bad
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 1:40pm

That was the article where the Director of the Park Department came to the conclusion that the bird did not have bird flu.

I'm sure they teach an advanced class in Ornothology Virus Symptomolgy at Park Department School. 

Tansau View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tansau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 1:47pm
100 Birds Die in Brazil. Country on Alert for Bird Flu     
      Written by Norma Nery        
Friday, 03 March 2006

100 birds died of unknown reasons in a farm in the city of Volta Redonda,
southeastern state of Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil.

The city's Sanitary Surveillance Agency sent for lab analysis, this Friday,
March 3, samples collected from the birds, and from the water of the lake
located at the Barreirinha Farm.

The Lanagro Laboratory, of the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture, located
in Campinas, state of São Paulo, will analyze the material.

The Agency's Coordinator, Carlos Amaro, said that ducks, geese, wild
ducks and fish (totaling 10 kilos) died Monday, February 27, in that farm
in the municipality's rural area. He affirms that this occurrence is not
common in the region.

As precautionary measures they closed the area, communicated the fact
to the Ministry of Agriculture, collected material, burned dead birds and
fish, and started monitoring neighboring properties, which have not had
any problems. Amaro said that these sanitary procedures will be
maintained in the region, until they get the lab result.

The Coordinator said that, before dying, those animals did not show
symptoms of bird flu. And he added that, a week ago, a rat extermination
procedure was conducted in the property.

http://www.brazzilmag.com/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=5695&Itemid=53

Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:44pm

from above article:(said that ducks, geese, wild
ducks and fish,,,,)

sounds like joes suscian sheet!

Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
meewee View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meewee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 5:48pm

It is Corn...It's just spread to South America!

Meewee

God Bless us all!
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 2:36am

MEEWEE,

Yes, I said first of the week that Brazil would be making an announcment after carnival in Rio De Jinero. (SP?)   YOu can always tell when a country is fixing to fess up when they make a press release out of nowhere that  says...they bo not have BF. When I saw Brazils PR I said give it a week and yhere it is.

BF has been in South America for at least 6 months. Brought there by china. It's already in Mexico/ And according to Niman has been in North America  left and fixing to come back if I understand correctly,

There has been a huge cover up. Argentina, Columbia.(which our government had knowledge of.)

When this is all over we will all have to get together. have a BF party. I'll bring the moon shine and a couple of politicans to BBQ. Oh yes and music friends to play into the we hours. Gotta have music!

What else can we do about all this anyway except, prep, hunker down?

It is unstopable.

They are sending a big team of countries to help indonesia right now. must be pretty bad. But I think they will just spread it more. Kinda like kicking a fire. Hell I've seen the best teams loose on Superbowl sunday. Well sundays here and the team is on the way .  Has to be h2h and they are going to flood the area with antivirals. Too little too late.

Soon they will have to send another team to India or Africa or Vietnam............They will be down to thier crapiest team members in about  a month and a half.

Guess it will slow it down some. buy some time to prep more, and plan the big party we're going to have!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic