Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H7N9 cases in China will be publicized on a weekly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

H7N9 cases in China will be publicized on a weekly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justintime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H7N9 cases in China will be publicized on a weekly
    Posted: April 25 2013 at 8:14pm

H7N9 cases in China will be publicized on a weekly basis according to the last line of this report

BEIJING, April 23 (Xinhua) -- The Chinese mainland reported no new H7N9 cases while Taiwan confirmed its first during the 24-hour period ending at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.

The National Health and Family Planning Commission said in its daily update that the total number of H7N9 cases reported in the mainland stood at 108. However, one more patient died in Jiangsu Province, putting the total deaths at 23.

Of the total, 14 H7N9 patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment, according to the commission.

A total of 33 cases, including 12 that have ended in death, have been reported in Shanghai. Twenty-four cases, including four deaths, have been reported in Jiangsu Province, and 42 cases, including six deaths, in Zhejiang Province. Anhui Province has reported four cases, with one ending in death. Beijing has reported one case and three have been reported in Henan Province, with one in Shandong.

Taiwan health authorities confirmed the island's first human infection of H7N9 avian flu on Wednesday, involving a 53-year-old Taiwanese man who is believed to have been infected outside Taiwan as he showed symptoms three days after returning from Suzhou City in Jiangsu Province.

The patient, who is Hepatitis-B-positive and suffers from high blood pressure, is in a serious condition, the authorities said.

China officially confirmed the human cases infected with the H7N9 virus late last month.

According to the commission, China's confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.

As of Wednesday, information on the H7N9 cases in China will be publicized on a weekly basis, said the commission.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2013-04/24/c_124627601.htm

Nanook View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nanook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 6:18am
This is scary!  Is this why we have not heard about additional cases in a few days?
Always be Prepared!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 6:49am
Ya, China and the WHO are pretty scary at this point with their new tactic.  Transparency issues with China? Hell, try full blackout.  Even when/if they do report cases, the number will probably not be all that accurate either way.  Our best chance of understanding the evolving situation is for h7 to leave China and enter a country that actually gives a crud. 

Well I suppose it's an improvement if they're going to be upfront about their cover-up these days.

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 7:56am
they did the same thing last outbreak, with the swine flu. Even the USA went to a weekly report, correct me if I am wrong.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2013 at 2:19pm
They are trying to keep people from getting the truth and being alarmed. People should be alarmed! I am going to continue to watch for any outbreaks outside China and use that as my warning bell. They will never report the truth from china unless it benefits them politically and economically...and this definitely does neither.
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 9:32am
Well, no news on any cases today.  Looks like China has officially started their new reporting policy, of not reporting.  They have probably now imposed their good old fashion communist lid on "all" media sources.  Now we will be kept in the dark

Keep an eye on any unexplained pneumonia outbreaks as that may be the only clue we have left now as to what could be happening.  Good job China.  Can't believe the WHO puts up with this crap from China.  Everybody will be kept in the dark, and it's a shame that most of these diseases arise in such a cesspool and corrupt country. Although they're responsible for this for a number of reasons, they assume no responsibility and don't care whatsoever about the rest of the world. 

If this ever goes pandemic, AFT will make sure people know (the truth) how this situation was ultimately handled by China, which is terrible at best. 

Graywolf View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graywolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 9:46am
They do not care for there own people why would thay care for the world!!They must be held responsible when these flu goes world wide!!!
Something wicked these way comes!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 7:19pm
Any one have contacts in China so we can get some information?
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2013 at 10:34am
Tomorrow is Wednesday, I wonder what it will bring in terms of news.  It may help being May Day and a public holiday in parts of the world, so some bad news could be slipped in.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 4:55am
Since China is determined to keep a lid on all news regarding new cases, we might start a column for "estimated cases" to project the possible number of cases that we're dealing with.  Since the outbreak began, we've seen an average of 4 cases per day, although that number is still significantly under-reported.   We might create an "estimated cases" thread (link), and add 4 cases a day to the number starting from when China stopped reporting.  
Yomi View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:34am
Yes Albert great Idee
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 1:09pm
At the top of the forum in red, you will see a new case count of "Estimated Cases".  We will add 4 new cases a day (as we've seen reported daily by Chinese officials for the last 30 days), with a fatality rate of 21% to keep an accurate running account of the numbers (new cases) since China will no longer regularly report cases, if they ever go again.

As I've stated, I believe China has been under-reporting cases since the beginning and I believe 4 is a conservative low daily estimate, but it's unfortunately the only data we have to go on at the moment, which is what China was previously reporting.   

At least, again,  they're being upfront this time with their intentions to cover-up things, and I suppose no more of their microbloggers and internet users have to worry about getting arrested any longer for reporting cases. 

Good job China -
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic