Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Odd mystery deaths Boston

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odd mystery deaths Boston
    Posted: June 10 2013 at 7:22am
Stumbled upon this story.    It happened in Feb. Little info on symptoms. Could not find update as to what killed 3 people.  3rd resident of Roslindale housing complex dies
Men, woman may have consumed something that led to deaths

UPDATED 7:47 PM EST Feb 19, 2013

NEXT STORY
Great white shark spotted off Cape Cod beach

Text Size:AAA

VIEW LARGE
BOSTON —After two men died last week and a woman died on Monday at a Roslindale housing complex, Suffolk County DA spokesman Jake Wark said none of the names would be released until the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner completed its toxicology reports.

PHOTOS: POLICE PROBE MYSTERY DEATHS

Boston police were working to unravel the so far mysterious deaths of two men and the serious illness of a woman in a Boston Housing Authority apartment complex in Roslindale.

MORE
The men’s names also would not be released due to "an issue of family notification," Wark said.

Photos: Apartment deaths baffle police

Police were trying to determine if something the three people consumed led to their deaths, Wicked Local reported.

The three were all friends and lived at the apartment complex at 1 Cliffmont St.

"There does not appear to be a public safety threat," Wark said.

At about 10:56 a.m. Wednesday, officers were called to the Roslyn Apartments for a report of a person in cardiac arrest, police said. They found a man in his 60s who was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. No visible injuries or trauma were seen, according to police.

EMS and Boston Police returned to the same Boston Housing Authority complex at about 5:42 a.m., on Thursday when they found another man lying in the hallway of the first floor who was also pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

At about 9:55 a.m. officers again were called to the same address and found a woman suffering from unknown life-threatening injuries, police said. She was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and died Monday, Wark said.

The woman also appeared to be suffering from the same symptoms, police said.

Page

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/3rd-resident-of-Roslindale-housing-complex-dies/-/11971628/18990054/-/11aekg0z/-/index.html#ixzz2Vp4yDBkh

Pixie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Pixie Pixie wrote:

Stumbled upon this story.    It happened in Feb. Little info on symptoms. Could not find update as to what killed 3 people.  3rd resident of Roslindale housing complex dies
Men, woman may have consumed something that led to deaths

UPDATED 7:47 PM EST Feb 19, 2013

NEXT STORY
Great white shark spotted off Cape Cod beach

Text Size:AAA

VIEW LARGE
BOSTON —After two men died last week and a woman died on Monday at a Roslindale housing complex, Suffolk County DA spokesman Jake Wark said none of the names would be released until the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner completed its toxicology reports.

PHOTOS: POLICE PROBE MYSTERY DEATHS

Boston police were working to unravel the so far mysterious deaths of two men and the serious illness of a woman in a Boston Housing Authority apartment complex in Roslindale.

MORE
The men’s names also would not be released due to "an issue of family notification," Wark said.

Photos: Apartment deaths baffle police

Police were trying to determine if something the three people consumed led to their deaths, Wicked Local reported.

The three were all friends and lived at the apartment complex at 1 Cliffmont St.

"There does not appear to be a public safety threat," Wark said.

At about 10:56 a.m. Wednesday, officers were called to the Roslyn Apartments for a report of a person in cardiac arrest, police said. They found a man in his 60s who was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. No visible injuries or trauma were seen, according to police.

EMS and Boston Police returned to the same Boston Housing Authority complex at about 5:42 a.m., on Thursday when they found another man lying in the hallway of the first floor who was also pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

At about 9:55 a.m. officers again were called to the same address and found a woman suffering from unknown life-threatening injuries, police said. She was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and died Monday, Wark said.

The woman also appeared to be suffering from the same symptoms, police said.

Page

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/3rd-resident-of-Roslindale-housing-complex-dies/-/11971628/18990054/-/11aekg0z/-/index.html#ixzz2Vp4yDBkh

Found this piece about the woman    We know that the woman
was throwing up blood,” said
Sergeant Thomas Manning, the
Community Service Supervisor
for BPD’s District E-18 to residents at a neighborhood meeting last week. “She was rushed
to the hospital,” Manning
noted.
The woman was taken to
Brigham and Women’s Hospital. She was pronounced dead
a few days later.
debbiencusa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbiencusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 12:24pm
Weird that they said no foul play, then the reporter used the word injuries to describe the woman's condition. I would think that the other apartment complex residents would demand answers. Maybe they did and we just do not know. If not, I sure don't understand it, I would demand answers or break my lease and move asap.
God Bless
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 2:16pm
I wouldn't be surprised one bit to find out that these people were injured.

My sister-in-law works in nursing homes, one nursing home after another because she keeps getting fired.  She cannot take work direction because she doesn't like authority.

She told me the following:
1)  She hates old people.
2)  If two people were dehydrated, she'd give an IV to the one she liked and not to the other one.
3)  When someone falls she waits 10 minutes before going to help them up because she feels that they fall on purpose just to get attention.
4)  She also said that she would step on someone's oxygen cord if she didn't like them.

Needless to say, I hate her because she's not a nice person in or out of the nursing home.  I have nothing to do with her anymore.

Let this be a lesson to any of you who have loved ones in a nursing home.  Your loved one's best advocate is YOU!  The more you visit the less likely that abuse will happen to them, but to someone else instead.

nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 9:20am
this applies to being in the hospital too!  Both my parents have been in the hospital in the past two years and I've seen first hand that those with family watching out for them are the only ones who get good care and alot of that care is given directly by their family.  Like helping them use the pot!  My mom and I gave up on the nurse's assistant and nurses helping us in a timely manner and just took care of it ourselves.  They only had one asst and that poor thing had to do EVERYTHING for the patients in the section while the RNs only gave medicine, etc.  I felt so sorry for the assts because they worked so hard for so much less money.

Glad I was able to be there for my parents!  My sister and I took shifts to make sure they had someone 24 hrs a day.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic