Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

AUSTRIA: More Infected Cats.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AUSTRIA: More Infected Cats.
    Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:42am

http://freeserve.advfn.com/news_Bird-flu-virus-H5N1-found-in -cats-in-
Austria_14474007.html
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:48am
The shame of it all is that there are people who are surprised by this. Had the Western Media covered the story of the evolution of Sichuan Sheet, they would have known exactly what to expect when it arrived in Europe. 

They definitely should have known what was going to happen after the outbreak in the Ukraine with all those dead cows.  I dare say 99 percent of Americans don't have a clue about all the mammal deaths. An equal number of Americans don't know that there is something funny going on south of the border, either.  The news coverup is very effective. 
ExaminedLife View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExaminedLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:51am
All poulty can spread H5N1. There are reports that pigs, dogs and cats can become infected, and consequently, vectors.

Not good.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:56am
We are very close!How long do you all think it well be?I hope i am so wrong on this one!!
ExaminedLife View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExaminedLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:09am
Originally posted by GrayWolf GrayWolf wrote:

We are very close!How long do you all think it well be?I hope i am so wrong on this one!!

The closest to a pandemic, by far, that I've ever witnessed in my lifetime (I was born in 1974).
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:12am

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-03-06-cats-bird-flu_ x.htm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:18am

http://www.newspress.com/Top/Article/article.jsp?
Section=WORLD&ID=564695123456558698
trish View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:35am

See my post under the heading : CATS AND BIRD FLU in this discussion area.

Cats and dogs testing positive with H5N1 have been found in Thailand as far back as 2004.More recent controlled laboratory testing has found them to be vectors. ( see references in my previous post)

Personally I dont understand the  reaction now in the press when the Thai studies have  gone relatively unnoticed ......Literally  hundreds of cats and dogs were found in Thailand to be carriers in 2004 and  the world took little note.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:41am

http://
www.irishdogs.ie/News/20050930a.htm

September 30, 2005 - 9:36AM
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:42am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:50am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060228/ca_pr_on_wo/bird_flu _cat

Feb 28/06
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 9:26am

With the report of the cat last week I was pretty saddened, and as an animal lover, this is just heartbreaking news.  Not only will people get this, but possibly our beloved pets.  Very sad....

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 9:44am
"With the report of the cat last week I was pretty
saddened, and as an animal lover, this is just heartbreaking news.  Not
only will people get this, but possibly our beloved pets.  Very sad...."

--------------

I feel the same way when I walk through crowds of men,
women and children and wonder what the future holds for them, when we
temporarily enter a pre-industrial age society, courtesy of H5N1.

It will take a tremendous amount of courage to deal with this, a type of
usually reservered for a battlefield. If we dig deep enough in ourselves,
we can find it. Our actions define us.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 9:54am
And so do our preps
araywood View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote araywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 10:57am
I think this story could be pretty interesting. Is it possible to carry the virus without being killed by it? Will the other cat within the shelter catch it. We hear stories of the mortality associate with H5N1 once its caught but how hard is it to actually catch. These cats may answer a few question for us.   
elbows View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 10:59am
Originally posted by trish trish wrote:

Personally I dont understand the  reaction now in the press when the Thai studies have  gone relatively unnoticed ......Literally  hundreds of cats and dogs were found in Thailand to be carriers in 2004 and  the world took little note.

Because its somehow easier for the press to turn a blind eye to stuff like this when its happening in some other part of the world. Indeed the only good thing about bird flu arriving in Europe is that we will get this kind of attention to detail now that these issues actually affect us.
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 11:02am
Well said Rick. I ditto your realizations and I can only hope to find the courage to carry on if this nightmare comes to full fruition. In my experience having to "be there" for your loved ones is the biggest motivator one can ever have. Much more than the motivation of self-preservation alone. It will be a very long process of change and needs to be met with an enourmous amount of fortitude and stamina. For sure it will bring the bravest and the strongest to their knees.
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
TJ108 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 11:12am
Can you blame the Germans and French for dropping off their pets at the animal shelters? Cat eats infected bird, cat comes home to owner who is in bed with a cold, cat dies of bird flu, owner suddenly gets alot worse. With the rapid spread of bird flu in other parts of the world, more people are being expose to it the greater chance of it mutating. Wasn't this what happen in the old Planet of the Apes movies? A great plague wiped out dogs and cats as pets?
stardust View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 2:14pm

Adorable animals that give us humans so much joy. I could be in the crappiest mood and when a dog comes running up to me all happy and glad to see me, instantly turns me around.

Now in the near future we may have to avoid them? Even possibly fear them? Incredibly sad!

"Prepping is Power"!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 2:44pm

After reading about the cats and dogs I was thinking about cows:

Has anyone read of cattle being infected by eating grass that has been contaminated with passing bird droppings??

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by stardust stardust wrote:

Adorable animals that give us humans so much joy. I
could be in the crappiest mood and when a dog comes running up to me all
happy and glad to see me, instantly turns me around.

Now in the near future we may have to avoid them? Even possibly fear
them? Incredibly sad!

Think about it as someone you loved,
someone human.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 3:38pm
Cows! That wouldn't be good!

But they use really high temps to pasteurize milk, right?
araywood View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote araywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 4:16pm
Having spent alot of time in the everglades and knowing how  remote certain areas are, I can't help to think if we lose a large amount of birds could this virus then be carried by mosquitoes.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 4:51pm
yes that is a very good question,araywood, and welcome to our forum.   I wonder, mosquitoes, can carry a lot of disease.
Mom of Three View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mom of Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:04pm
Think of this - Birds eat tons of bugs, so if lots of birds die off, we could be over run with all kinds of nasty bugs.
Also, birds like vultures clean up other dead animals. Without them, things could get really messy.
Cats help control the rodent population. That could get out of hand as well.
It's a chain of events that has far reaching possibilities.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic