Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Chinese Death Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 7:42pm
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Kilt2 Kilt2 wrote:

and human crap is also fed to pigs

chicken crap human crap all mixed with pigs - and the Chinese Death Star produces killer viruses for the rest of the world.

Can't trust them

China isn't alone....Mad Cow Disease sprang from the practice of feeding unrendered sheep offal to cattle, allowing the "scrapie" prion to jump species. 

In the USA, I know of operations that recycle their biological wastewater biosolids into animal feed streams, in violation of AAFCO and FDA regulations.  

We also have cattle operations that feed dried poultry litter to their cattle.  Gross!  

However, China takes dangerous practices many levels further, with no regard for human lives, theirs or anyone else.  They have too many damn people as it is, and need to put four BILLION meals on the table every day.  Plus, they don't have much arable land....much of the interior of the country is hard-scrabble rock and mountains.  

Combine burgeoning population, need to produce food with limited resources and ample corruption at all levels and we have a massive food health disaster in the making, complete with contaminated exports (melamine in milk, anyone?) and virus reassortment engines on two or four legs.  

Get ready, the party's just begun! 

CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

China isn't alone....Mad Cow Disease sprang from the practice of feeding unrendered sheep offal to cattle, allowing the "scrapie" prion to jump species. 

In the USA, I know of operations that recycle their biological wastewater biosolids into animal feed streams, in violation of AAFCO and FDA regulations.  

We also have cattle operations that feed dried poultry litter to their cattle.  Gross!  

However, China takes dangerous practices many levels further, with no regard for human lives, theirs or anyone else.  They have too many damn people as it is, and need to put four BILLION meals on the table every day.  Plus, they don't have much arable land....much of the interior of the country is hard-scrabble rock and mountains.  

Combine burgeoning population, need to produce food with limited resources and ample corruption at all levels and we have a massive food health disaster in the making, complete with contaminated exports (melamine in milk, anyone?) and virus reassortment engines on two or four legs.  

Get ready, the party's just begun! 

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 12:02am
The whole point is that Kilt2 has a point in claiming that China is a danger for the world, but others try to make clear that China is not the only danger ! I was thinking of starting a topic "the Dutch Death Star"  about our largest outbreaks of Q-fever, legionella, bird-flu, foot-and-mouth-disease etc. in combination with Dutch banks being larger than our national economy, our housing market with debts higher that the value of real-estate. Deterding, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Deterding 
enabled the nazi's in Germany their war-industry. Fokker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker gave Germany warplanes that brought destruction in world war 1. Royal Dutch Shell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell is the largest company in the world in terms of revenue. Dutch banks and bankers play their "game" all over the world. A small country can play a major role !

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 8:48pm
bird-flu comes from China - H5N1 and H7N9

SARS came from China.

Now as the second biggest economy in the world they are in the process of crashing

that together makes China a death star

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Dutch Josh Dutch Josh wrote:

The whole point is that Kilt2 has a point in claiming that China is a danger for the world, but others try to make clear that China is not the only danger ! I was thinking of starting a topic "the Dutch Death Star"  about our largest outbreaks of Q-fever, legionella, bird-flu, foot-and-mouth-disease etc. in combination with Dutch banks being larger than our national economy, our housing market with debts higher that the value of real-estate. Deterding, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Deterding 
enabled the nazi's in Germany their war-industry. Fokker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker gave Germany warplanes that brought destruction in world war 1. Royal Dutch Shell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell is the largest company in the world in terms of revenue. Dutch banks and bankers play their "game" all over the world. A small country can play a major role !

I love it, DJ!  I've known a bit about Dutch banks, I wonder if they handle/manage a substantial amount of cash from the oligarchs who arose after the fall of the USSR? 

Speaking of which, anything to report regarding NATO in the Netherlands?  Commisar Putin is making his intentions clear...
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 10:05pm

the time to get off the ship is before it hits the iceberg !

The Richest Man In Asia Is Selling Everything In China

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-16/richest-man-asia-selling-everything-china

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 5:11am
CRS, DrPH, The Dutch might send a few F16's to Poland, a few navyships to the baltic, maybe a tanker-plane for in-air-refeuling. Again politicians are telling a different story than the public. Quite a large proportion of "the-man-in-the-street"has a lot of questions about the Ukraine. Even some experts doubt if Russia is waiting for a bankrupt neighbour. 

Other "Dutch" news; StarBucks Europe is moving it's HQ from Amsterdam to London. Cameron has made new tax-rules so they will pay even less tax in the UK. As far as I know the Rolling Stones, IKEA, are still "Dutch based" for tax reasons. There are Ukrainians and Russians with bank-accounts in the Netherlands that are blocked as a sanction. The oldest daughter of Putin, Maria, is married with a Dutchman and lives near The Hague. (By the way the grandfather of Putin was Spiridon Putin the private cook of both Lenin and Stalin. Putin worked for the KGB in Dresden (East Germany) 1985-1990 at that time Angela Merkel was making a career in science in East Berlin, Putin might know her from that time.)
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 6:26pm

China Housing Market Bubble Start to Pop as Economy Faces Hard ...

International Business Times UK-14 Apr 2014Share
China's property bubble has already started to burst as the country struggles to avoid a hard-landing after the housing market became ..
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 6:27pm
and its a hard rain gunna fall
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 6:56pm

Manufacturing Gains in U.S. as China Stalls: Global Economy

Bloomberg-9 hours agoShare
Manufacturing will take center stage in the global economic watch this ... while similar figures out of China will probably signal factories in the ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 5:09pm

Pettis: 11 reasons China's debt must be faced

MacroBusiness (blog)-22 Apr 2014Share
This means that China's GDP today, compared to countries in which it is ... there is a gap between the true economic value of the debtservicing ...
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 9:23pm
I'm starting to think that we should be more worried about the Saudi Death Star!!  

a) funding for 9/11 terrorists and Al Qaeda

b) choke-hold on a large portion of the world oil supply

c) interesting, highly lethal camel viruses 

Not much good over there, I'd say.
CRS, DrPH
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 2:29am
Saudi death star indeed!  Could not agree more
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 11:14pm
China has presented the world with H5N1 and H7N9 because of poor agricultural practices and those two bugs stand ready to unleash death on an industrial scale to the rest of the world.

Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 6:21pm

In wealthy Chinese city, debt guarantees spark default contagion

Reuters Canada-3 hours agoShare
By Gabriel Wildau. SHANGHAI (Reuters) - A network of loan guarantees set up to improve companies' access to credit in one ofChina's richest ..
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 8:25pm

China has presented the world with H5N1 and H7N9 because of poor agricultural practices and those two bugs stand ready to unleash death on an industrial scale to the rest of the world.

The ongoing porcine endemic diarrhea virus outbreak in the USA, Canada, and Japan is causing many $millions in lost pork production.  I'm suspicious of agricultural terrorism on the part of China.  

Coronaviruses are known to infect humans and other animals and cause respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases. Here we report the emergence of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV) in the United States and determination of its origin, evolution, and genotypes based on temporal and geographical evidence. Histological lesions in small intestine sections of affected pigs and the complete genomic sequences of three emergent strains of PEDV isolated from outbreaks in Minnesota and Iowa were characterized. Genetic and phylogenetic analyses of the three U.S. strains revealed a close relationship with Chinese PEDV strains and their likely Chinese origin.

CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 5:13pm
The China Death Star strikes again.

And the party is over.

robust China growth over? What's worrying global investors

Economic Times-15 hours agoShare
NEW DELHI: Adding to an 18-month low GDP growth rate, China, the world's second largest economy, has witnessed a slew of other ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:15pm

China's looming debt bomb: Shadow banking and the threat to growth

The Globe and Mail-12 hours agoShare
Debt now stands to undo at least some of what China's spending has ... And I feel that the financial crisis is in the near term,” says Anne ..
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 8:10pm
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:03pm

This time China's property bubble really could burst

Financial Times-1 hour agoShare
Chinese property is the most important sector in the global economy. It has been pivotal in the country's economic development, provided ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:26pm
wow this is HUGE

Is China's housing bubble popping?

Washington Post (blog)-13 hours agoShare
China's housing boom is turning to bust — again — and it isn't clear how far it will fall this time. Nor is it clear how much we should worry about ...
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 10:43pm
I guess that depends on what you think is 'HUGE'... No body is really paying much attention and your meltdown predictions are getting old.

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 1:31am

wow this is HUGE

Is China's housing bubble popping?

Washington Post (blog)-13 hours agoShare
China's housing boom is turning to bust — again — and it isn't clear how far it will fall this time. Nor is it clear how much we should worry about ...

Nah, not much to see here, but the picture of downtown Shanghai was nice!  I love the Jin Mao tower. 

The article says: 

Now, as dangerous as it is to say "this shouldn't cause a financial crisis," it really shouldn't. China's government owns so many of its banks and big companies that it would almost certainly bail out whichever ones need to be bailed out. 

Combined with local government bailouts, and lower tax receipts in general, that would be a big fiscal hit for China. But it shouldn't be the end of the world as we know it. We might not feel fine, but we should be okay: The IMF estimates that a 1 percent decline in Chinese real estate investment would reduce global GDP by about 0.05 percent.

I'm more worried about other aspects of the global economy, personally.   China is vast, and their is a "command economy," so the government can do whatever the hell it wants.  If they have to eat this property, so be it....it generated short-term employment and stimulated their economy, keeping the masses from getting restless.  If they have to, China will hire the same workers to tear everything down again.  

When I was last in Shanghai, I learned that much of the project financing came from Taiwan and Japan.  I never verified that, but it was interesting to hear.  

CRS, DrPH
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 8:15am
CRS, DrPH said- "If they have to, China will hire the same workers to tear everything down again."

Buy more ammo!
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 7:00pm

Ken Rogoff warns China is next bubble to burst

Telegraph.co.uk-5 hours agoShare
"Chess teaches you to think about what the other person is thinking. What do they want? What are they trying to do?” Kenneth Rogoff, the ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

I guess that depends on what you think is 'HUGE'... No body is really paying much attention and your meltdown predictions are getting old.

around 6,000 views put paid to your comment
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 7:04pm
The point is there are 2 flu bugs about to hit humanity from China - that will make 1918 look like a Sunday School Picnic.

Death on an industrial scale.

Now their economy is No 2 and about to crash.

Lets just watch and we will see.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2014 at 9:11pm
Blah, blah, blah, blah....
Yawn!!
Anon View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 9:59pm
Here is an interesting counterpoint

How global economies are benefitting from Chinese slowdown.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27385096
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 12:28am
  1. Property Bubble a Key Risk for China in 2014: Jian

Businessweek-2 hours agoShare
    May 19 (Bloomberg) –- Barclays Chief China Economist Chang Jian discusses China'sproperty woes and how the slowdown in the property ...
debrah View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 1:04pm
There is no point to criticize anyone. If someone has made a mistake do the right thing and correct without name calling or smart talk. All that does is discourage others from posting for fear of having the same rude behavior done to them. My name is new but I have been on this site since its inception. This is the very thing that has made me leave. This is a excellent site for those who are seeking valuable life saving information. Let us all behave so as to encourage others to want to join rather then send them running.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 7:08pm
Remember when the American Housing Bubble popped in 2008?

Well the China Bubble is popping and this is going to be much worse I think.

Not only are there 2 deadly flu viruses ready to bring calamity to the world, but an economic calamity thanks to China is also about to hit us.

Is China's Housing Bubble Beginning to Burst?

Businessweek-by Christina Larson-7 hours agoShare
Earlier this month, financial analysts from Japan-based Nomura Group (NMR) issued a grim report on China's housing market: “To us, it is no ...
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 12:47pm

another aspect of the "Chinese Death Star"

1,000 dogs dead, three humans sick after eating jerky pet treats: report 

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pet-treats-kill-1-000-dogs-sicken-people-report-article-1.1796189

when it comes to ANY food products from China?

PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF

no matter how cheap it is

it is not worth the risk to your health

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:20pm
Chicken from China? Your Seafood is Already Being Processed There
By Nancy Huehnergarth and Bettina Siegel | March 4, 2014

Thanks to our Change.org petition (307,000-plus signatures and rising), millions of Americans have learned that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is about to allow U.S chickens to be sent to China for processing and then shipped back to the U.S. for human consumption.

This arrangement is particularly alarming given China’s appalling food safety record and the fact that there will be no on-site USDA inspectors in those plants. In addition, American consumers will never know that chicken processed in China is in foods like chicken soup or chicken nuggets because there’s no requirement to label it as such.

One frequent refrain we’ve heard is that no U.S. company will ever ship chicken to China for processing because it doesn’t make economic sense. This was precisely the claim made by Tom Super, spokesman for the National Chicken Council, in a recent Houston Chronicle article about our petition:

“Economically, it doesn’t make much sense,” Super said. “Think about it: A Chinese company would have to purchase frozen chicken in the United States, pay to ship it 7,000 miles, unload it, transport it to a processing plant, unpack it, cut it up, process/cook it, freeze it, repack it, transport it back to a port, then ship it another 7,000 miles. I don’t know how anyone could make a profit doing that.”

Well, guess what? It clearly does make economic sense because this process is already being used for U.S. seafood. According to the Seattle Times, domestically caught Pacific salmon and Dungeness crab are currently being processed in China and shipped back to the U.S., all because of significant cost savings:

“… fish processors in the Northwest, including Seattle-based Trident Seafoods, are sending part of their catch of Alaskan salmon or Dungeness crab to China to be filleted or de-shelled before returning to U.S. tables.

“There are 36 pin bones in a salmon and the best way to remove them is by hand,” says Charles Bundrant, founder of Trident, which ships about 30 million pounds of its 1.2 billion-pound annual harvest to China for processing. “Something that would cost us $1 per pound labor here, they get it done for 20 cents in China.”

Considerably lower Chinese labor costs are what make the arrangement profitable, even when factoring in round-trip shipping costs over 14,000 miles. Here’s how it works:

The fish are de-headed and gutted on the ship in the Bering Sea, then frozen and sent to China, says Douglas Forsyth, Premier Pacific’s president. Once there, they are boned, skinned and cut into portions of 2 ounces to 6 ounces, he says …

Even factoring in 20 cents a pound in transportation costs, processing in China is still cheaper for the most labor-intensive fish, says Trident’s Bundrant.

So let’s turn back to the question of U.S. chicken.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that American poultry processors are typically paid a little more than $11 per hour on average. While we could find no analogous statistics for Chinese poultry workers, this recent news account of a fire at a Chinese poultry processing plant quotes a worker as saying he earns 2,000 yuan ($326) per month, or between $1-2 per hour.

So, under the Pacific salmon/Dungeness crab model, it seems perfectly plausible that American poultry suppliers will find it makes good economic sense to ship U.S. chicken all the way to China and back for processing.

But, as we state in our petition (along with co-petitioner Barbara Kowalcyk), good economic sense should never trump valid concerns about food safety. And China’s food safety system, which is decades behind ours, can only be described as horrific, as evidenced by just some of the more recent food safety scandals in that country:
•More than 300,000 Chinese children have suffered illness, and several have died, from melamine-tainted milk powder.
•Dangerously high levels of mercury have been found in Chinese baby formula.
•More than $1 million worth of rat and other small mammal meat has been sold to Chinese consumers as lamb.
•Here in our own country, FDA recently warned pet owners not to feed their pets jerky treats from China. Since 2007, approximately 600 dogs and cats in the United States have mysteriously died, and 3,600 have been sickened from eating Chinese pet treats containing chicken or duck.

Now that it’s clear that processing U.S. chicken in China makes sense economically, it’s even more critical that Congress, President Obama, and his administration stop chicken from, or processed in, China from reaching our supermarkets and the meals we feed our schoolchildren by:

(1) Ensuring that Chinese-processed chicken is not included in the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Service Program; and

(2) Preventing funds from being used to implement any rule that would allow poultry raised or slaughtered in China to be exported to the United States.

If you haven’t signed and shared our Change.org petition, please take a moment to add your signature. Every name that’s added puts pressure on our legislators to put the health and safety of America’s children ahead of the interests of food manufacturers. Thank
[URL= ][/URL]http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2014/03/chicken-from-china-your-seafood-is-already-being-processed-there/#.U3u4Dp0o6M8
Buy more ammo!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:25pm
"The three humans affected are two toddlers who accidentally ate the snacks and one adult who may have been munching on them"

Okay then... Wacko
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:35pm
Folks, you are already eating plenty of Chinese foodstuffs.  Canned Mandarin oranges, tilapia fillets, tiger prawns, dried fruits of all sorts etc.  

CRS, DrPH
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:11pm
Like a car crash... We don't want to look but can't help it!!! That must account for at least 5999 or your views.

Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

around 6,000 views put paid to your comment
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:13pm
Sorry all. Just meant to post that last one once. Not sure how I messed it up.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 10:41pm

China real estate is now like Dubai before the crash

South China Morning Post (blog)-3 hours agoShare
They have noticed that China's first bond defaults since 1997 have occurred. It's like ... It was a real estate bubble in a specific second-tier city.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 3:34pm
nearly 6,000
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:23am
Hey Kilt2, here's one for you!

Mysterious Illness May Be Carried by the Wind

By
Tim Wogan
Monday, May 19, 2014 - 4:45pm   

One of the world’s most baffling diseases may be spread by the wind. A new study has found that Kawasaki disease, which sickens 12,000 children a year in Japan and occurs in other countries including the United States and South Korea, is at its deadliest when the wind blows from northeastern China. The findings suggest that the illness may be caused by an airborne toxin from that region, but just which one remains unclear.

Kawasaki disease typically strikes children between 6 months and 5 years old. Common symptoms include fever, a blotchy red rash, and redness and sometimes peeling of the hands and feet. It can be treated with antibodies; untreated, it often leads to inflammation of the coronary arteries, sometimes causing aneurysms that can lead to internal bleeding or heart attacks. Some researchers believe Kawasaki to be an infection, but they have never identified the microbe responsible; others suggest it's an immune response to an unidentified toxin.

In previous research, mathematical ecologist Xavier Rodó and colleagues at the Catalan Institute for Climate Sciences in Barcelona, Spain, had suggested that seasons with large numbers of Kawasaki cases in both Japan and the United States coincide with times when the prevailing winds come from Central Asia. In the new work, they investigated that idea further.

The researchers examined health records from 1970 to 2010 in each of Japan's 47 administrative divisions. They looked at the days on which the most cases were identified in Tokyo and other major cities, and used computer models of airflow to find out where the air had come from in the previous few days. Because the incubation period for Kawasaki disease is unknown, the team looked at various lag times.

On the days most children became ill, the air blowing into the cities had spent large amounts of time in the same region in northeastern China, usually about 2 days before reaching Japan and 2.5 days before the children came down with symptoms, the team reports online today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. This suggests, the researchers say, that the disease is borne on the wind and that it has an incubation period of only about a half-day.

They also looked at the possibility that the disease could be an infection spreading between children. However, in all the major cities, most children fell ill on the same days, and the infection peak in all cities died away as soon as the wind changed direction, which would be hard to explain if the children were infecting each other. “It must be in the form of a toxin or some other environmental agent,” Rodó says. His team also found no relationship with days of high levels of pollen or common pollutants such as sulfur and nitrogen oxides.

The region implicated, the Northeast China Plain, is highly agricultural, so the researchers suggest that a toxin produced by a fungus living on the crops is a likely culprit. They conducted several flights from Japan to northeastern China—the opposite direction of the prevailing winds—and filtered the air they collected. They found many species of Candida, a fungus genus responsible for common human infections and also for symptoms similar to Kawasaki disease in some strains of mice. However, the researchers do not claim to have identified the exact cause of Kawasaki disease, and they are hoping to conduct more flights. They also plan to look in more detail at the cause of the disease in the United States.

“I think these authors have presented a dataset that is pretty conclusive that this is most likely a microbial toxin of some type,” says environmental microbiologist Dale Griffin of the U.S. Geological Survey in St. Petersburg, Florida. He notes that the techniques of tracking airflow back to a common origin are well established in environmental sciences.

Anne Rowley, a pediatric infectious disease specialist at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois, says the work is “very interesting” but she remains skeptical about the windborne toxin hypothesis, which, she says, would be unprecedented for a human disease. She notes that a number of diseases, including AIDS and polio, were attributed to unidentified toxins shortly before infectious agents were identified
[URL= ][/URL]http://news.sciencemag.org/environment/2014/05/mysterious-illness-may-be-carried-wind
Buy more ammo!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by arirish arirish wrote:

Hey Kilt2, here's one for you!

Mysterious Illness May Be Carried by the Wind

By
Tim Wogan
Monday, May 19, 2014 - 4:45pm   

One of the world’s most baffling diseases may be spread by the wind. A new study has found that Kawasaki disease, which sickens 12,000 children a year in Japan and occurs in other countries including the United States and South Korea, is at its deadliest when the wind blows from northeastern China. The findings suggest that the illness may be caused by an airborne toxin from that region, but just which one remains unclear.

http://news.sciencemag.org/environment/2014/05/mysterious-illness-may-be-carried-wind

The first thing I thought was "fungus," and sho' 'nuff:

The region implicated, the Northeast China Plain, is highly agricultural, so the researchers suggest that a toxin produced by a fungus living on the crops is a likely culprit.

"Science" is a first-rate publication, and I used to work for NW Feinberg, which is another first-rate entity.  Good catch!  
CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 4:59pm
The H7N9 bug from China the Death Star is set to explode - and its not even flu season there.

The bug is going into humans and that is step one.

Serologic evidence of H7N9 common among poultry workers in China

Healio-8 hours agoShare
“While the identification of mild H7N9 infections through sentinel surveillance indicates that the number of H7N9 infections substantially ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 6:10pm
next the bug infects humans - step 2

then humans infects humans - step 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic