Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The Chinese Death Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2014 at 8:09am

if the dollar loses reserve currency status better start an American Death Star Thread

Mainstream Media Admits "The US Dollar's Domination Is Coming To An End"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-27/mainstream-media-admits-us-dollars-domination-coming-end

this is BEYOND serious

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Kilt2 Kilt2 wrote:

Got any chocolate covered cotton?

1. World's Biggest Debt Load Lures Distressed Funds to China

Bloomberg-8 hours agoShare
    China's $586 billion stimulus begun in 2008 to deal with the fallout of the global financial crisis caused a record buildup of debt and inflated property bubbles.

This is the flaw in your "China Economic Death-Star" argument...the government will always bail bad debt out, and they can make changes by putting a gun to the head of anyone they want.  We are more constrained in the USA.  

If our Wall Street collapse had happened in China, there would have been public executions. 

Distressed debt funds operating in China face a market dominated by four so-called bad banks that enjoy state backing. The government set up China Cinda Asset Management Co., China Orient Asset Management Corp., Huarong Asset Management Co. and Great Wall Asset Management Corp. in 1999 to help rid the banking industry of 1.4 trillion yuan ($225 billion) of non-performing loans.
CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2014 at 2:22pm
Its a Bubble and they always burst.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2014 at 5:49am
could?

will.

The deflating Chinese real estate bubble could destabilize the world ...

OC Housing News (blog)-4 hours agoShare
The Chinese inflated a real estate bubble more than ten times larger than the United States. Bursting this bubble could destabilize the world ..
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2014 at 5:51am
10 times bigger

wow the death star is right

China will kill the world
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2014 at 3:01am

18 signs that the global economic crisis is accelerating

Press TV-4 hours agoShare
#9 U.S. companies are drowning in massive amounts of debt, but the corporate debt bubble in China is so bad that the amount of corporate debt in China has ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2014 at 3:45am
  1. Who's riding on China's bubble?

MoneyWeek-2 hours agoShare
    China's government is trying to deflate a massive credit bubble and to steer away from a growth model based on debt-fuelled investment and ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2014 at 4:20am
its over

Interview: Golden era over in China

Bangkok Post-2 hours agoShare
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is travelling to China for a three-day visit on ... a bursting property bubble in parts of China and severe excess capacity in ...

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2014 at 7:58am
I would trade vacant property in Detroit for vacant property in Shanghai any day of the week!  
CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2014 at 3:30pm
Why?

One is post bubble, and the other is pre bubble bursting.

They will be the same shortly.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2014 at 3:40am
  1. Is a Property Bubble About to Burst in China?

Bloomberg-5 hours ago
    July 7 (Bloomberg) –- In today's “Global Outlook,” Bloomberg's David Ingles takes a look at China's property market in Bloomberg Television's “On The Move.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2014 at 5:29pm
  1. Slow progress in housing reform adds to bubble fears in China

South China Morning Post-7 hours agoShare
    Slow progress in housing reform adds to bubble fears in China ... real estate bubbleand an abrupt slowdown in the broader economy.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2014 at 5:09pm
  1. Analyst Sees Livestock Bubble Ready To Burst

Beef Magazine-2 hours ago
    The bubble Shawn Hackett sees in the livestock complex started with the multiple-year ... "U.S. beef supplies tumbled just as China's cattle herd suffered a major ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 3:04pm

China's Campaign Against Corruption Is Huge. Will It Do Any Good?

TIME-9 hours agoShare
Suppose a corruption investigation in the U.S. netted the mayors of Los Angeles, Phoenix, Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, half a dozen vice ...

Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2014 at 3:05pm
  1. China's corruption crackdown could deliver a blow to Australia's ...

Business Spectator-by Robert Gottliebsen-18 hours agoShare
    Longer term, China wants to stimulate overseas investment, but it also wants to stamp out corruption. We know that some of the money that ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2014 at 3:02pm

China Credit Propping Up Growth

Investing.com-17 hours agoShare
(7) Too many bubbles to catch? (8) Bubbles will become more obvious once the Fed starts hiking interest rates. (9) The biggestbubble of them all. (10) Beware ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2014 at 3:31am

What if the Chinese property bubble goes nuclear?

Irish Independent-8 hours agoShare
This is Tianducheng, the strangest of China's infamous "ghost cities" ... The fallout of a burst bubble in China will be especially chronic for ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 3:32pm

Housing Market In China Posts Sharp Decline Again

ValueWalk-11 hours agoShare
China's real estate bubble continues to deflate, though there are some hopes that while the decline might be sharp, it can also be managed. Home prices slid by ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2014 at 2:29am

If Europe has a future, is it to the East or the West?

Irish Independent-7 hours agoShare
The second reason to doubt the capacity of China to prevent a crash is that if the credit bubble is as big as many China-watchers fear, the best that even the most ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2014 at 5:14pm
alarm bells ringing

1. Credit default swaps booming in China

South China Morning Post (subscription)-57 minutes ago
    The net notional outstanding in China CDS now stands at US$14.1 billion ... over an economic slowdown, property bubble and the shadow banking system.
  2. Phat Dragon: Here's More Proof That Chinese Property Prices Are ...

Business Insider Australia-by Gregory McKenna-3 hours ago
    Many traders believe that the Chinese housing market is the bubble that will burst and take Chinese economic growth with it and while European and US ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2014 at 5:17pm
Phat dragon

what a bloody mess

mostly only seen with hindsight

this is a disaster - lets just see
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2014 at 3:48pm

China: The great slowdown

China Worker-16 hours agoShare
This admission, from one of the industry's top insiders, leaves no doubt that a gigantic property bubble exists in China, and this is now reaching its limits.

China's housing problem

Reuters UK (blog)-2 hours agoShare
In May, Guilford argued that it may already “be too late for theChinese government to stop its housing bubble from popping.” The problem, she said, was that ...
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2014 at 7:57pm

China: The great slowdown

China Worker-16 hours agoShare
This admission, from one of the industry's top insiders, leaves no doubt that a gigantic property bubble exists in China, and this is now reaching its limits.

China's housing problem

Reuters UK (blog)-2 hours agoShare
In May, Guilford argued that it may already “be too late for theChinese government to stop its housing bubble from popping.” The problem, she said, was that ...

Thanks, the Reuters article says:

If you are worried about Chinese housing starting the next financial crisis, Simon Johnson has a relatively comforting prediction. He and co-author Peter Boone say that the whole thing will end not with a Lehman-like catastrophe, but a “ more standard credit bust, driven by the drying-up of the nonbank markets and some losses on bank loans.” In the context of bad outcomes, that’s definitely not the worst.
CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2014 at 9:47pm
i doubt that

What to Fear If China Crashes

Bloomberg View-16 Jul 2014Share
After all, China is now the world's biggest trading nation, the ... a bad-loan meltdown in an economy that's 2 1/2 times bigger than Germany's.

Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 6:43am
Kilt2,could you give us some kind of time line about when this is suppose to happen?Johnray1
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2014 at 7:52am
I suppose the earth is a bubble. Or homologous to a bubble. Eventually it will burst. As will China. I happen to own a brand new Chinese-made stickpin. The suspense is just...not quite maddening.
"And then there were none."
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 3:48am
Originally posted by Johnray1 Johnray1 wrote:

Kilt2,could you give us some kind of time line about when this is suppose to happen?Johnray1

Very close within a year
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2014 at 2:01am
China's Subprime Moment Arrives
The Epoch Times-6 hours ago
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 2:25pm
  1. China 'bubble' perception affects ANZ investor briefing

The Australian Financial Review-7 hours ago
    The perception of a “bubble” in Chinese construction and property markets cast a pall over ANZ Banking Group's two-day investor briefing in ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 1:28am

Asset bubbles could deflate global recovery: analysts

China Post-16 hours agoShare
PARIS -- In a world still struggling to shake off the worst financial crisis for a generation, many economists are worrying that new assetbubbles are already ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2014 at 1:30am

Sharp falls in China's once-booming property market

BBC News-8 hours agoShare
Prices across China surged in the decade up until the beginning of this year. ... in many Chinese cities, and some say that a property bubble could be bursting.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 2:47pm
exactly right

The Chinese housing bubble deniers are wrong

OC Housing News (blog)-13 hours ago
The housing bubble deniers in China use poor reasoning and macroeconomic arguments to ignore their massive Ponzi scheme.

Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 11:37pm
Can this Please, PLEASE, PLEASE be moved to General Discussion??? It is not "latest news" pertaining to emerging viruses. By the author's own admission nothing is likely going to happen for a year or more. It is just cluttering up the site and has been doing so for quite some time. Only one member ever posts and it is rarely relevant to the site's primarily purpose and never urgent.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 6:42pm
I am posting the latest new articles on the Chinese death Star

There are viruses coming from China and a financial crash - which will strike the world
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2014 at 6:43pm
You are a Guest and I am a member

the point is China is a danger to the rest of the world
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 4:32pm
Pushing 10k views now

Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 4:35pm
China created the H5N1 and the H7N9 viruses with its unsafe intensive poultry farming practices - and these two viruses are set to unleash a wave of death all around the world.

And as if that is not bad enough, their economy bubble is about to bring global disaster not seen since the Great Depression.

Death Star indeed.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 4:35pm
  1. Not just Ebola: 10 Diseases your local ER should be looking for

WRCB-TV-31 Jul 2014Share
    H5N1 first showed up in 1998, and started circulating in earnest in 2003. ... The H7N9 virus only showed up a year or so ago in China, but it's ...
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 4:36pm

Ebola Outbreak: This Is Just the Prequel

TheTyee.ca-30 Jul 2014Share
Last winter, a Red Deer nurse came home to Canada from a visit toChina and died here of H5N1 avian flu. And in the early stages of the ...
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 4:53pm

1. Not just Ebola: 10 Diseases your local ER should be looking for

WRCB-TV-31 Jul 2014Share
    H5N1 first showed up in 1998, and started circulating in earnest in 2003. ... The H7N9 virus only showed up a year or so ago in China, but it's ...

Thanks, Kilt!  Good reminders that we always have to be vigilant, it is rarely the thing we are expecting that whacks us at the worst time.  

This is a cool graphic from CDC regarding their locations of quarantine units, all of which seem to be located at major US international airports:

I'm curious about the biological isolation ward at Emory University, where the Ebola patients are being brought from Africa....the articles keep saying that there are four like these in the USA, but damned if I can track them down!!  

Emory University Hospital is equipped with a physical isolation ward completely separate from other patient care areas. It’s one of only four such facilities in the country.

CRS, DrPH
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 9:21pm
Isn't there one at Jewish Medical in Denver? Where they kept the TB guy a few years ago? As I remember that unit was touted as one of the worlds very best in safety.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

Isn't there one at Jewish Medical in Denver? Where they kept the TB guy a few years ago? As I remember that unit was touted as one of the worlds very best in safety.

Not sure, but Ft. Detrick, MD has one! 

http://www.detrick.army.mil/cutting_edge/chapter12.cfm

USAMRIID's research facility has more than 10,000 square feet of Biosafety Level 4 (BL4) and 50,000 square feet of Biosafety Level 3 (BL3) laboratory space. It is the largest containment laboratory in the U.S. There has never been a release of any dangerous organism outside the laboratory environment. In addition, a special BL4 patient containment ward is available for medical care of patients, who may have been accidentally exposed to infectious agents within the laboratory, or who may have acquired a highly hazardous disease in an endemic area.

CRS, DrPH
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 10:12pm
Nope. I was wrong. National Jewish Health (formerly Medical) has a BSL-3.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 11:15pm
Oh my goodness... You might be getting lots of views, and I might find some of the interesting, but I would rather read somewhere other than latest news.
You haven't contributed anything valuable pertaining to emerging viruses on this thread for ever!!!

One big question --- do 'members' have different criteria for posting? Albert. Clear this up for us please.
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 11:54pm
Hey Kilt

Glad to see my posts have encouraged your to get back on track!!!! I appreciate your infectious disease comments and look forward to more. Your insights regarding emerging viruses are thoughtful and greatly appreciated!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic