Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Yellowstone tilting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yellowstone tilting
    Posted: April 08 2014 at 2:29am
The NW-side of Yellowstone seems to be lifting up to 2,5 inch while the SE-side is lowering. This might be a sign for growing "unrest". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNaiyc05O0&list=UUpPGJXgbwBmkIp291W0PCMw  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPt3JnOtYgU&list=UUpPGJXgbwBmkIp291W0PCMw (Mary Greeley is following this story on her Youtube-side)
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 8:06am
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/yellowstone/yellowstone_monitoring_47.html  with links to webcams, seismology etc. 
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 12:04am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riP2nUAj-4s&list=UUpPGJXgbwBmkIp291W0PCMw  Good story about why Yellowstone is such a great danger. Lots of magma close to the surface. Mary Greeley does get comments that at present there is no real harmonic tremors in the area. She shows measurements that look a bit more like harmonic tremors. Another question would be how big an eruption would become. Could old faithfull release all the pressure or will a next eruption be on the other side of the scale; blow up a large part of the US (and be a Extinction Level Event, global)

Just like major earthquakes an eruption is on its way but we do not know when it will happen. Governments should prepare for things that are within reasonable expectation. In Italy people get money to move out of a certain range from Vesuvius-volcano. On this planet there are certain places more vulnarable for disaster, good info could limit damage.
~Albert Einstein
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 4:39am
Mary Greeley is really interesting since she uses facts. I am concerned but what the H@ll can we do if it suddenly blows...nothing. Just wait and see if we can survive. I am in Denver so it will be tough to survive it. It is like living near Vesuvius all you can do is hope it does not go off in your or your children's life time.   We are on God's time I just live every day like it is my last.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 12:50am
FluMom, I think what can be done is trying to get realistic information. In my opinion the chances of a large volcanic event with Yellowstone might be small. Still you can question if it would be wise if there would be a policy to stimulate people to live some distance from a risk-area (like they have in Naples, Italy). With climate-change there are also coastal-area's were you might advise people not to stay (you could use it for agriculture keep damage limited when that area gets flooded). With Yellowstone science might give answers to how large the risks are for what kind of event and how to deal with the risks. I did read something about Lake Yellowstone that does increase risks and that that lake could be made empty. 
~Albert Einstein
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 2:29am
This video also gives excellent information. I'm sure glad I don't live anywhere near there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWYeGx8IY-E
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 6:15am
http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/jcms/en/view_pde.wp%3Bjsessionid=F80114040B0940BA200466BCC2A60CF4?contentId=PDE12771   

2001 Vesuvius Emergency Plan (updated in 2007)

Red Zone. The red zone is the area immediately surrounding the volcano, and is in greater danger as potentially subject to invasion by pyroclastic flows, or mixtures of gases and solids at high temperature which, sliding along the slopes of the volcano at high speed can destroy in a short time everything is on its way. Pyroclastic flows probably will not grow at 360 ° in the neighborhood of the volcano, but will head in one or more preferential directions, it is not possible to know beforehand what the areas actually affected by the flow. The speed with which they develop these phenomena associated with their destructive potential, but does not wait for the start of the eruption to implement preventive measures. Therefore, the National Emergency Plan provides that the red area is completely evacuated before the eruption. The red zone comprises 18 municipalities with a total of about 200kmq extension and just under 550mila population.
~Albert Einstein
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Dutch Josh Dutch Josh wrote:

FluMom, I think what can be done is trying to get realistic information. In my opinion the chances of a large volcanic event with Yellowstone might be small. Still you can question if it would be wise if there would be a policy to stimulate people to live some distance from a risk-area (like they have in Naples, Italy). With climate-change there are also coastal-area's were you might advise people not to stay (you could use it for agriculture keep damage limited when that area gets flooded). With Yellowstone science might give answers to how large the risks are for what kind of event and how to deal with the risks. I did read something about Lake Yellowstone that does increase risks and that that lake could be made empty. 

Problem is that would be like saying, "Don't live in Germany."

A Yellowstone event would wreck a pretty large area instantly, and then a sizable percentage of our country over the next weeks to months.

As much fun as it would be to have abandoned cities like China, I don't think you could convince many people in Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, etc to move out of there unless the turd was airborne enroute to the fan.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 6:20pm
LOL, Turbo you are so right! There is no way I would move from Denver but if can, when the turd hits the fan, I will go where ever I can to survive. If I am alive that is! LOL let us hope it does not go off for a very long time!
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 2:02am
Turbo, FluMom, depending on the event you would be right. With the maximum possible super-volcano eruption life on earth would end. But how likely is such an event ? It would be of some use if there would be a possibility to make a realistic estimate of what kind of eruption is most likely. 
~Albert Einstein
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Dutch Josh Dutch Josh wrote:

Turbo, FluMom, depending on the event you would be right. With the maximum possible super-volcano eruption life on earth would end...

Nah - life would continue, but it could possibly rank up there with some of the other mass extinctions the world has experienced. Humans would probably survive in small numbers too - while we're incredibly stupid at times, nothing adapts like we do. And if it really was considered an extinction level event, there is a mass of complex multicellular life on the sea bed living off chemicals spewed out by black smoker vents, and bacteria living on methane and benzene over half a mile underground - the sun going out for a while wouldn't impact them in the slightest.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:48pm
@jacksdad, I wonder if a supervolcano in it's worst could blow out of orbit from the sun. In earthquakes the highest magnitude measured was the Valdivia Chili earthquake in 1960 with a magnitude of 9,5. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Valdivia_earthquake) A supervolcano will go beyond that. In theory, worst case scenario, a super volcano can blow up the earth or continents (Magnitude 10+). The adaptabillity of life will be tested in such an event. 
~Albert Einstein
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 11:54pm
Wouldn't want to be around for that one Shocked
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 12:20am
A "once in a lifetime experience", "mother of all nightmare's" or other superlatives !
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2014 at 2:27am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SsAJZCU4qc&list=UUHE92x768p8h-fMrqhsnE1Q Dutchsinse warning for an earthquake 7-7.9 in Colorado/yellowstone. USGS placing new extra seismic-monitors. 
~Albert Einstein
SeaWolfe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 6:57pm
Don't run to Florida - - Hurracane season starts in six weaks. I will start reporting soon. I must say that I will take hurricanes over earthquakes, volcanos and tornados. You can see hurricanes coming a few days ahead of time.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 7:23pm

Hundreds Of Idaho Earthquakes Are Shattering Nerves

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/earthquakes/hundreds-of-idaho-earthquakes-are-shattering-nerves/

"On Monday alone (4/14), more than 100 tremors shook the region while scientists scrambled to install special portable seismometers in the area to more closely track and triangulate the activity, allowing more pinpoint locations of the earthquakes, including depth. They’ll also be able to record smaller quakes, down to about a 1.0 magnitude.

“Such earthquake swarms typically are associated with the movement of molten rock below ground,” which geologists credited for the recent quake cluster at Yellowstone National Park, “or they may be linked to an active fault,” said Bill Phillips, a geologist with the Idaho Geological Survey at the University of Idaho."

Yellowstone involved ???

check the link for more info

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 2:38am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6aQjX382EA&list=UUHE92x768p8h-fMrqhsnE1Q

http://dutchsinse.tatoott1009.com/4182014-surface-earthquake-strikes-illinois-plumes-erupt-from-oil-gas-wells-in-midwest-yellowstone-movement/

4/18/2014 — SURFACE EARTHQUAKE STRIKES ILLINOIS — PLUMES ERUPTING FROM WELLS + VOLCANIC MOVEMENT SHOWING

~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 2:41am
Dutchsinse is linking these events to fracking. On USGS also a lot of activity in the US. (Also a 3,5 earthquake in the UK, very unusual). Dutchsinse is linking fracking to "dormant"volcanos (if there is something like a "dormant"volcano).
~Albert Einstein
WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 5:14am
Fracking?  Are you fracking joking?  They must think everyone stupid!  Another bit of professional cretinism from the superbly controlled scientific community.  "Lets not frighten the poor ignorant public.  We will play down the fact that there are multiple dirty great plumes of magma under the central to northern US especially on the pacific side." 

In case anyone has not noticed most of the pacific ocean is comprised of enormous sleeping (i use that term deliberately) supervolcanoes.  There is (or was) a theory from circa mid 20C that the Pacific ocean was formed billions of years ago when the still molten Earth got sideswiped by a Mars sized planet/planetoid and the area is still readjusting.  I hope God's country (New Zealand) does not suffer from any such effects.
I like Ike
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 7:53am
A 7.5 earthquake at western coast Mexico. In some ideas this might lead to further earthquakes along same fault-line. 
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 8:03am
A magnitude 7.5 earthquake hit Mexico on Friday in the western state of Guerrero, north of the resort of Acapulco. The quake shook the capital Mexico City for at least 30 seconds, with building swaying as people fled on to the streets.

The city was reportedly more crowded than usual because of the Easter holiday. Despite the relative severity of the quake there are no immediate reports of any major damage.

Mexico City is vulnerable to earthquakes as much of it is built on muddy sediments of drained lakes which are vulnerable to shock waves from quakes.

In 1985 a magnitude 8.1 earthquake killed at least 6,000 people and destroyed many buildings in Mexico City, even though the epicenter was 400 kilometers away on the Pacific Coast.

There is no threat of a tsunami according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 8:06am
(source RT.com, CNN only mentions it in breaking news without a story. (CNN) -- A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck Friday morning in southern Mexico's Guerrero state, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake happened at 9:27 a.m. local time (10:27 a.m. ET) near Mexico's Pacific coast, about 31 kilometers northwest of Tecpan, Mexico, according to Mexican officials.

The quake's depth at the epicenter was 10 kilometers, Mexican officials said.

~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 11:57pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcs6IStI6kw&list=UUHE92x768p8h-fMrqhsnE1Q  Dutchsinse noting the abnormal amount of activity worldwide and in the US. I would not be surprised if this mount would bring a 9.0+ somewere in the pacific-area and also the US would see a major earthquake. Earthquakes and tsunami in polar areas might increase the melting already going on (warm water running over the ice does increase melt). Signs are not good.
~Albert Einstein
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2014 at 12:02am
http://dutchsinse.tatoott1009.com/4202014racking-and-mining-earthquakes-oklahoma-and-nevada/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpKaLneEOo&list=UUpPGJXgbwBmkIp291W0PCMw

there are lots of ways to monitor events around volcanos. Watertemperatures, gasemissions and tremours can give an indication of what might be happening. Although there is not always that much logic in paterns, things might get "blocked and stopped" there are warningsigns. 

Also USGS is a good source of information. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/
~Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic