Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Ebola in Italy & USA????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebola in Italy & USA????
    Posted: April 26 2014 at 8:31am
I just read article & watched this video....

Has there been any confirmation on Ebola in Italy? If so - numbers????

What about the train of thought re: pigs - dogs - ppl in this, and the guy who states his doctors told him he has strange case of Ebola?

http://beforeitsnews.com/economics-and-politics/2014/04/breaking-ebola-has-hit-the-usa-hidden-as-a-unknown-virus-and-has-claimed-the-life-of-2-people-and-spread-to-4-more-2464358.html
elder g View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 11:21am
This site is like the Naitonal Enquirer and this particular poster is Xtian fundamentalist crazy. He is the guy who began the nonsense that Yellowstone volcano was going to erupt based on  a youtube of buffaloes galloping in Yellowstone Park.

Find another source. he's not credible.
Newbie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by elder g elder g wrote:

This site is like the Naitonal Enquirer and this particular poster is Xtian fundamentalist crazy. He is the guy who began the nonsense that Yellowstone volcano was going to erupt based on  a youtube of buffaloes galloping in Yellowstone Park.

Find another source. he's not credible.

Nutbar or not.... Has anything been confirmed in Italy? Reading to other posts re: this - if the field kits aren't testing positive when patient really is positive - that's pretty scary to me!   When the other discussion on this talks about pigs over monkeys... Is pigs to dogs a stretch ?!? I know nothing on virology - why I'm here - asking what may be stupid questions...?

I thought the concern over Yellowstone was based on the large jump in earthquake numbers (332 in march) and the 4.8 in April. The releasing of helium gas (precursor to eruptions) at levels never recorded there previously, the ground rising & the rumours of unzippering along the edges & that old faithful is blowing steadier (not the pauses in between). Oh & the fact that the us govt has apparently designated billions of $'s to a few countries who have agreed to host/rehome 'refugees'...   Hopefully all this activity is just a normal uptick in its more active/less active cycles
hue View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 12:53pm
End Times fear mongering not helpful. reason and facts are
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 3:03pm
not helpful but was good comic relief
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 3:05pm
there is something to be said for keeping an eye out for unusual deaths in US and other countries especially when due to a virus that is not named.  and I'd like to know what is killing the dogs.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 2:00am
This site is about as credible as you can get.  Previously posted by two other members here, but worth repeating as not everyone reads everything.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/geographic-ebola.jpg

I think we can safely assume that the WHO has at least some idea of what is going on.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 6:32am
Technophobe, I agree that the WHO usually does a great job of keeping their finger on the pulse, but they have been known to go along with an obvious cover up if it's politically expedient - H7N9 in China being the most recent. They're an organization who's actions are often dictated by the politics of sovereign nations, although I'm sure they would vehemently deny it. I doubt if that's the case here though, and I'd still rely on them over the Enquirer any day - unless it's Elvis related stories, of course. Those guys know better than the WHO what he's up to these days
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
cobber View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 9:12am
Yep gotta agree. Been chasing this stuff for sometime and the WHO are pretty up to speed. Often they are diplomatic about an issue instead of calling a spade a spade, but one the whole they are reliable.
Newbie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

This site is about as credible as you can get.  Previously posted by two other members here, but worth repeating as not everyone reads everything.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/geographic-ebola.jpg

I think we can safely assume that the WHO has at least some idea of what is going on.

Ok, looked at map - does anyone know anything about the star just above Italy? How long ago was its occurrence etc??? I'm assuming it's an older case (like the rison monkeys) in US?
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2014 at 11:53am
This is not propaganda, it is news.

http://www.vnews24.it/2014/04/19/ebola-epidemia-italia/

translated

And 'mystery about forty hypothetical cases of Ebola registered in our country. The virus is particularly common on the African continent - the cases "official" were recorded in Senegal, Mali and Ghana - may have arrived in Italy "thank you" to the massive exodus of immigrants to our shores. A first "bell" d 'alarm was launched by Lampedusa. According to a report appeared in the network (and immediately removed for reasons of "national security"), in fact, April 16 would be recorded on an epidemic 'island, never confirmed nor refuted by our Ministry of Health.

A new "SOS" about the spread of the virus' Ebola in the Bel Paese is, this time, from Tuscany. Means of dissemination of the news shock is always the network: blogs, social networks, websites dedicated highlighted the "Curious Case of St. Flushing," reception center site in Pisa, closed to the public due to the presence, all 'inside of it, forty non-EU nationals which are to some strange symptoms. Capuzzi Sandra, Councillor for Social Policies of the Municipality of Pisa, he would have dismissed the alarmism of his countrymen, by classifying the health status of the refugees in the structure in these terms: "They have just a little bit fever, caused by stressful travel conditions under which the children were subjected. "

Fear, meanwhile, remains. The forty possible carriers of the virus' Ebola have been subjected to all the tests required in high-risk situations. The Italian population, however, does not feel the climate of reassurance that high institutional positions and subjected try to transmit information through various channels, official and unofficial. The tension increases, although the Ministry of Health said that, in the unlikely event of an outbreak, Rome and Milan would be ready to face the 'epidemic.
Medclinician - not if but when - original
Newbie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 7:30am
THANKS medclinician!

We all know the government hides 'stuff' from us under the guise of 'for our own good' &/or 'National security'... And the fact that this 'chance of it arriving in Italy' went quiet as fast as it came up - makes me wonder. The fact that no matter how much searching I do online I can't find anything regarding test results coming back negative- I'm sure it's been enough days since word on this came out, & feel pretty confident that if they did test negative the govt would be announcing it big time to calm down the masses! So that also makes me wonder! My ex used to say 'it's not a lie if you don't say it' (why he's my ex!) maybe that's how the politicians/health officials feel....???

Personally I'm concerned about both MERS with its easy spread-ability & lower death rate & this new Ebola with lower infection rates but higher kill rate. The reading I've done & the (little) understanding that I have of viruses & their mutations is enough to worry me. I'm not saying the guy in video is correct, but I thought he raised an interesting question of the illness in dogs - is it related(?!?!) I have no idea - but I know that horses can carry influenza & there are zoonosis between most pet/domestic animals and humans. If monkeys, bats, pigs (ie mammals) can be carriers/vectors of infection - why not dogs?

I myself am waiting to hear whst test results came back as - and not sure how accurate they are if a new strain with lots if false negative tests to date?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic