Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

No more nice tornados

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more nice tornados
    Posted: April 30 2014 at 1:41pm
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/30/us/severe-weather/index.html

Not only massive rain, flooding, but the tornados have turned nasty and are killing people.

One can hope we won't see a World War in the midst of bad weather as well.

Med

Medclinician - not if but when - original
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 7:53pm
We had horrible wind in the Inland Empire today in Southern CA. It was getting up to 90 mph gusts. Not sure if the fire from earlier was contained or not, the wind was making it very hard for aircraft assisted containment.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:19am
Hachi - 101 mph gusts near Julian here in SoCal yesterday. Should be gusty again today but not as bad, but hot and getting hotter tomorrow Disapprove
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 1:37pm
Oh man, that's scary. My friend who lives in Hemet said a lot of the city was w/o power. The Riverside County area had a lot of debris and some outages. My cable/internet was out for like 10 hours. I also saw a squirrel get blown out of a tree, poor thing. Still getting gusts today, but I think it won't be as awful as yesterday's was.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by hachiban08 hachiban08 wrote:

...I also saw a squirrel get blown out of a tree, poor thing...

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Sorry....

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:38pm
LOL your laughter makes me laugh. Tongue Oh, btw, sometimes the website shows unread posts as "read", so occasionally I miss a post or two. Is that just a glitch on my end?
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:03pm
You'd have to ask Albert - not sure about that one. Still chuckling about the squirrel....
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:03pm
jacksdad,that is a good one. I have never seen that.But I did see several hundred crows get blown out of their roosting tree one night.Johnray1
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 7:36am
http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-central/severe-weather-tracker-page

The severe weather threat through Monday, and probably Tuesday, should remain minimal. This is welcome relief for areas of the South and East still recovering from this week's tornadoes and flash flooding.

comment: It's not over.
Medclinician - not if but when - original
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic