Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Ebola confirmed in Mexico

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebola confirmed in Mexico
    Posted: August 07 2014 at 2:32pm

District Federal.- Jose Antonio Gonzales Figueroa, the first case is confirmed in Mexico and infected with the deadly Ebola virus. Joseph was admitted and isolated immediately after going to the emergency room with high fever and having confessed that had just returned from vacation in an African country.

The first confirmed case after taking necessary and with the support of the United States government evidence, is in the city of Mexico. Young is a medical student at the UNAM of 22 who went on vacation to an African country and was there for almost a month. Young returned to Mexico on August 2 and was admitted the next day by high fever, vomiting and diarrhea. The young and being treated and medical staff came to the United States and Mexico today in the morning to determine the best control strategy.

So far the Ministry of Health has issued several statements to the federal government so far have not received any response. The releases include a recommendation to temporarily suspend the return to classes until you confirm that you have controlled the virus. The health secretary said he will continue trying to communicate with the government to prevent a pandemic

http://eldiariodechihuahua.mx/El_Pais/2014-08-06/Confirman-primer-caso-de-ébola-en-México/2066c91ca473570526ad0eae6b252507

LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 2:41pm
Given that 10% of the population of Mexico lives in the US and estimates of anywhere from 9 to 15,000 illegal aliens cross the southern border this does not bode well for containment of Ebola should it get a foothold in Mexico.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 2:44pm
This is about the worst news for the U.S. that could have happened, if it in fact does get a foothold in Mexico.  lovely.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by LOPPER LOPPER wrote:

Given that 10% of the population of Mexico lives in the US and estimates of anywhere from 9000 to 15,000 illegal aliens cross the southern border EACH DAY this does not bode well for containment of Ebola should it get a foothold in Mexico.

fixed. And yeah I agree Albert this has raised my attention level of this situation.
tipkat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:01pm
Wow in Mexico already? Damn
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:02pm
I was just saying we may be at defcon 4 for several months.  This could be a significant game changer in that. 
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:23pm
My biggest fear with Ebola so far is that our own government will not be truthful with us regarding testing and outbreaks because they don't want to "panic" anyone.

If we don't have the facts, then we can't respond according to our own level of safety measures such as "not flying".
anon54 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:26pm
Albert I really respect you and your talents, however is this a really reliable source? Maybe we the members should take it upon our selves to investigate these sources, and perhaps have two or three sources to confirm. I sincerely hope this report is erroneous. Thanks for letting my toss in my two cents.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:28pm

tickety tock

tickety tock

Ebola's spread to US is 'inevitable' says CDC chief

Washington (AFP) - Ebola's spread to the United States is "inevitable" due to the nature of global airline travel, but any outbreak is not likely to be large, US health authorities said Thursday

http://news.yahoo.com/ebolas-spread-...205903838.html

sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:29pm
There are several credible stories on this, anon.  
Be the positive change that you want to see. Live it, be it, push for it.
Waterboy View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:33pm
Nothing to worry about. It's NOT easy to catch. Relax everyone
anon54 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:34pm
Thanks Sleusha I had seen this claim on a really wild board and the general train of thought was this source stated wasn't too reliable. Looks think its time to top off and keep watch. Thanks again for the clarification.
LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:39pm
Chances are he flew into Mexico city. Which according to the most recent definition agreed upon by the federal and state governments, the Greater Mexico City population is 21.2 million people,making it the largest metropolitan area in the western hemisphere, and a third world country to boot.

atheris View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atheris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:46pm
from the link it is clearly mentioned ciudad de mexico... meaning Mexico City....

so not it is at least on 2 continents in the most populated areas, with low infrastructure. Of course you can take into account that coming only the second day and presenting the clear simptoms.. it is probable he already infected on his way and that first day some persons around him...
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Waterboy Waterboy wrote:

That's the problem. The World Health Organization HAS been too relaxed about this. If they were vigilant in the early days, then the numbers wouldn't have been increasing over the past 4 months!

They keep telling everyone that this is hard to catch, but if that is so, why are all the health care workers wearing "moon suits"!

The CDC just said that it was inevitable that this would show up in the U.S. at some point. Of course it will because Obama sees no problem in allowing flights coming to the U.S. from W. Africa.

I'm sick of hearing these supposed healthcare professionals tell us that this is no big deal when they don't have it under control and the physicians without borders specifically said that it "was out of control".

If our own hospitals can't control staph germs in their hospitals just how do you think they'll be able to control Ebola? I'd seriously like an answer to THAT question!
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:55pm
I agree with Elver.  They were too relaxed to begin with.  There obviously is something to worry about or there wouldn't be so much activity working against this now.. at the last minute.  Maybe it won't spread any further, but maybe it will.  Is it worth the chance of losing nearly 1/2 of all humanity?  When something is that deadly, it should be taken extremely seriously in the very beginning... no relaxing... no procastination.  Now we need to dig stories up and demand a cure/vaccine.
roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 3:57pm
If anyone has another source besides the Mexican website, please post it. Someone said several and I would be curious to see another one.  Reporters in the US are all looking to be "the one" that breaks the story so I find it hard to believe this wouldn't have been reported in the US yet if it were true.
NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Elver Elver wrote:

Originally posted by Waterboy Waterboy wrote:

They keep telling everyone that this is hard to catch, but if that is so, why are all the health care workers wearing "moon suits"!

And DESPITE the protocols and PPE healthcare workers are still getting infected. And Patrick Sawyer infected eight others. So it's hard to get? The facts seem to indicate otherwise.
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:05pm

Priest with Ebola arrives in Spain(01:29)

A Spanish priest infected with a strain of the deadly Ebola virus arrives in Madrid, as Nigeria warns that the lethal disease puts 'everyone' at risk.

Source w/video:  http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/selections/priest-with-ebola-arrives-in-spain-5660648.html 

Stories may have varying details, but there is some truth...  You have to fit the pieces together like a puzzle..

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:05pm
Ro8 is not hard to catch by anyone's standards
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:05pm

Priest with Ebola arrives in Spain(01:29)

A Spanish priest infected with a strain of the deadly Ebola virus arrives in Madrid, as Nigeria warns that the lethal disease puts 'everyone' at risk.

Source w/video:  http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/selections/priest-with-ebola-arrives-in-spain-5660648.html 

Stories may have varying details, but there is some truth...  You have to fit the pieces together like a puzzle..

sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:07pm
http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/08/08/06/02/ebola-bodies-dumped-in-the-street

Missionary Miguel Pajares, 75, was flown to Madrid from Liberia after he was put in quarantine on Saturday.
Read more at 
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:37pm
I still cannot find a domestic reporting source, or even international media outlet reporting/ confirming this story.

No AP wire, no news now, fox, msn or cnn etc.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by pheasant pheasant wrote:

I still cannot find a domestic reporting source, or even international media outlet reporting/ confirming this story.

I agree! Before I start freaking out and going into lock down I want to see some legitimate sources!
Buy more ammo!
LOPPER View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOPPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by arirish arirish wrote:

Originally posted by pheasant pheasant wrote:

I agree! Before I start freaking out and going into lock down I want to see some legitimate sources!

I wonder at what point information would be suppressed and news blackouts ordered for "public safety"?
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 5:02pm

Mexico: Ebola report is false

http://*******s.typepad.com/h5n1/2014/08/mexico-ebola-report-is-false.html

try cut and paste

http://*******s.typepad.com/h5n1/

admin View Drop Down
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 5:11pm
I need to fix that.  It goes to ******* probably.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 5:15pm

Mexico: Ebola report is false

Well, that was a quick refutation. Via El Sol de México: Ningún caso de ébola en México: Secretaría de Salud. [No Ebola case in Mexico: Secretariat of Health] Excerpt, with my translation:
México.- La Secretaría de Salud de Coahuila informó que en las últimas horas del miércoles 6 de agosto, a través de un sitio denominado www.novatimes.net, se difundió una noticia sobre un supuesto caso de ébola en México, específicamente de un estudiante en el Distrito Federal.
Mexico City: The Secretariat of Health in Coahuila reports that late on August 6, a site called www.novatimes.net published a notice about a supposed case of Ebola in Mexico, specifically a student in the Federal District.
Dicha nota fue retomada a través de redes sociales por el Periódico Zócalo Saltillo, en Coahuila. De manera inmediata, se indagó la noticia que resultó ser falsa.
The notice was picked up via social media by the newspaper Zócalo Saltillo, in Coahuila. It was immediately denounced as false.
El vocero para el tema del ébola en México, Dr. Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, Director General de Epidemiología de la Secretaría de Salud Federal, reafirmó que no existe ningún caso en México.
The spokesperson on Ebola in Mexico, Dr. Cuitláhuac Ruiz Matus, Director General of Epidemiology in the Federal Secretariat of Health, reaffirmed that there is no case in Mexico.

My apologies for contributing to the scare. I should have checked another source for confirmation before posting.

August 07, 2014 at 04:11 PM in Ebola, Health scares | Permalink | Comments (0)

Reblog (0)

First Mexican Ebola case confirmed (updated and refuted)

Update: See the post immediately above this one; I fell for a false alarm.

Thanks to David James for tweeting this link in El País: Confirman primer caso de ébola en México. Excerpt, with my translation:
José Antonio Gonzales Figueroa, es el primer caso ya confirmado en México infectado con el virus mortífero de ébola. José fue internado y aislado inmediatamente después de acudir a la sala de emergencia con fiebre alta y haber confesado que acababa de llegar de vacaciones de un país africano.
José Antonio Gonzales Figuero is the first confirmed Mexican case of the deadly Ebola virus. He was hospitalized and isolated immediately after go to an emergency department with a high fever and having said he had just returned from vacation in an African country.
El primer caso ya confirmado después de hacerse las pruebas necesarias y con el apoyo del gobierno de Estados Unidos, está en la ciudad de México. El joven es un estudiante de medicina en la UNAM de 22 años que fue de vacaciones a un país africano y estuvo allí por casi un mes. El joven regresó a México el día 2 de agosto y fue internado al siguiente día por fiebre alta, vomito y diarrea. El joven ya está siendo tratado y personal médico de Estados Unidos ya llegó a México el día de hoy en la mañana para determinar la mejor estrategia de control.
The first case has now been confirmed after carrying out the required tests with the support of the US government. He is in Mexico City, a 22-year-old medical student at the Autonomous National University of Mexico. The young man returned to Mexico on August 2 and was hospitalized the next day with high fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. He is under treatment and American medical personnel arrived in Mexico this morning to determine the best control strategy.
Hasta el momento la Secretaría de salud ha emitido varios comunicados al gobierno federal sin hasta el momento haber recibido respuesta alguna. Los comunicados incluyen una recomendación para suspender de manera temporal el regreso a clases hasta que se confirme que se tiene controlado el virus. La secretaria de salud afirmó que seguirá tratando de comunicarse con el gobierno para evitar una pandemia en México.
At the moment the Secretariat of Health has issued several communiqués to the federal government without so far receiving any reply. The communiqués include a recommendation to suspend the return to classes until the virus is confirmed to be under control. The Secretariat of Health said it would continue trying to communicate with the government to prevent a pandemic in Mexico.

This is by far the biggest development in the Ebola story since the spread of the disease to Lagos. Tracing the student's contacts is obviously a major priority: Mexico City is at least as large as Lagos, and maybe larger, with intense and rapid traffic to North and South America.
I'll try to learn more from other Mexican media.

gingerlee View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 5:27pm
This is very interesting to me as I was going to post last night when I had noticed a discussion about how this could only affect 3rd world countries, and not get as bad in the U.S..  There have been 1443 undocumented illegal immigrants from 75 different countries that have crossed over our border since January of this year.  So that being said if anyone, no matter what country they originate from, would get sick, would they seek treatment  at a medical facility or would they be harbored by people in their own community? This is an assumption I would not want to make. Hedging my bets they would be kept in their local illegal communities.  www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/immigration/item/18857-immigrants-from-over-75-countries-illegally-crossing-us-border
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 5:49pm
Hi gingerlee, welcome to the forum.  Good post.

Good job Satori sorting through it.  These things happen with translated news as we all know.
gingerlee. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerlee. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Hi gingerlee, welcome to the forum.  Good post.

Good job Satori sorting through it.  These things happen with translated news as we all know.
  thank-you.  I am very concerned as well as everyone on this forum.  I have been keeping myself abreast to this situation since April of this year and traced this back to the 2 yr. old in Gueckedou prefecture in Guinea who infected her mother, grandmother, aunt, nurse,and midwife.  This situation would be as it is if the nurse and midwife, who were helping deliver a new baby hadn't been infected and gone back to the capital city.  They put a press hold on the casualties because they did not want to create a panic. That being said I was listening to the press release in March from their April press release that stated that they the W.H.O. said they couldn't contain it, at that point a reporter asked if this could be a bio-weapon, and  stated the country in which he thought it originated from and the director of the W.H.O. said yes possibly, and was stopped short in his tracks.  I saved the presser because while I was listening to the mp3 recording which was 44 minutes long stopped playing 25 minutes into it and was subsequently erased.
gingerlee View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 6:24pm
sorry not March, however I still have the original transcript.
gingerlee View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gingerlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 6:36pm
Ebola_outbreak_Guinea_transcript_08APR2014
Lorene View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 6:50am
This could be a msg, from God, the world is coming to an end. We all need to be in prayer and ask that this is just a warning. May God bless everyone of us and may this just be a warning.
inthesticks View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:10am
This is a dead story. Albert, can you lock this particular link so that people cannot revive it? For people just seeing the original post, they could get the impression that this is a recent confirmed case of ebola. Which it isn't.

And the person who felt the need to revive this post offered nothing meaningful to the topic whatsoever.
I'm INTHESTICKS and I approved this message.
Cristalize View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristalize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:13am
Hello everybody!

I am currently doing a small research for university about ebola and a possible conspiracy theory behind it.

What do you think about Chris Brown's tweet on ebola? why would you think his statement is true or false? where would that rumor (or truth) come from?

Any comments on the topic would help me (except non-constructive ideas).
inthesticks View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:16am
Cristalize...this is the wrong post for your comments/questions. Perhaps you should repost, but start a New Topic post?
I'm INTHESTICKS and I approved this message.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:19am
Originally posted by inthesticks inthesticks wrote:

This is a dead story. Albert, can you lock this particular link so that people cannot revive it? For people just seeing the original post, they could get the impression that this is a recent confirmed case of ebola. Which it isn't.

And the person who felt the need to revive this post offered nothing meaningful to the topic whatsoever.

We can't lock the thread and do much about it.  We might be able to relocate it, but the forums are picking up and new folk may not be aware the way forums work, etc...  I agree with you though and it could be a little misleading so we may relocate to General Discussion.  Good call.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:22am
Welcome Crystalize --  inthesticks has a good point.  If you're doing research you should start a brand new thread in General Discussion as info may get lost on this thread.  Good job on the research and start a new thread and people will chine in.  I'm personally not familiar with the tweet and would like to know more. 

I'll relocate this to General Discussion with a temporary green arrow so people can still find this.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:29am
Yeah. It caught me for a minute. Duh. But I agree it is a part of the record. And who knows. Maybe it was real and they covered it up as it sometimes really looks like what has happened.
"And then there were none."
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:32am
No cases of Ebola in Mexico, gov't says

Published October 03, 2014/
EFE

Mexican health authorities said there are no known cases of Ebola in the country, noting that a Ghanaian man admitted to a hospital with an unusual fever shows no symptoms of the virus blamed for more than 3,300 deaths in West Africa.

The 52-year-old man entered a hospital in the southeastern state of Campeche on Tuesday and was diagnosed with "fever syndrome," the Health Secretariat said in a statement.

Given that he had been experiencing symptoms for three days, the hospital took precautions and the patient was placed in isolation.

But the man did not present symptoms that would point to Ebola and had not been in contact with anyone infected with the virus.

The patient's condition "has evolved favorably and he is free of fever," although doctors await the laboratory results to determine the cause of his illness, according to the statement.

The Ebola virus spreads by direct contact with body fluids of an infected person.

Mexican authorities say the National System of Epidemiological Vigilance is alert to identify any possible case of Ebola and to quickly activate the standard procedures to isolate and treat patients infected with the virus. EFE

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/health/2014/10/03/no-cases-ebola-in-mexico-govt-says/
Buy more ammo!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:39am
People from Mexico City vacation in West Africa? That seems odd.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:43am
Perhaps maybe with the permission of the thread originator, in this case Lopper, we can add a brief postscript at end of headline in cases where the headline says "confirmed" but is later dispelled? That would aleviate this chest pain I'm feeling right now. Cough.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2014 at 7:45am
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

People from Mexico City vacation in West Africa? That seems odd.

My thoughts exactly. And by the way. I took two gummy bears and my chest pain is gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic