Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Albert...Post To Ebolainfo.org!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Albert...Post To Ebolainfo.org!
    Posted: August 09 2014 at 11:03pm
Albert you also need to post to Ebolainfor.org also!

You guys keep posting here and we need people to participate on the other site!

Am I missing something?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 11:06pm
Albert can you put a stick up on the Ebola Thread here that directs people to the other site?
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 11:32pm
Nah, you're not missing anything. I think it's because some people just want to stay here or don't feel like putting in extra effort. However, if some people that are very active on both site repost the links for them, credit or not, for those that aren't in both groups it should work too.  However, please don't take this the wrong way as it's not my intentions, I think if you keep insisting too often, some people might feel less motivated to post because it feels more like a chore. I do appreciate your intentions and efforts quite a bit, myself though. Side note, I'll post ebola news eventually though, I've just been really busy as of late so I've mostly been lurking here and there. Too hard to post from a phone lol
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Waddy View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 4:08am
Does anyone know the incubation time frame from first contact to symptoms? Just wondering. Thanks
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 4:25am
I believe it is 2-21 days incubation. A pretty wide window.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 5:23am
I can't argue with that to much Flumom, i like your intentions.  You crack me up.  However I do have to post on both sites.  My posts here are usually replies to threads, which i have to do.   AFT is fairly wellknown so we have to keep this one up to date as well. I too think ultimately the new site will outgrow them all.  After all it's the first and only dedicated Ebola site on web I believe.  The search engines should recognize that.  I can't find one other website name with Ebola in it.

Yes -- I'll post a sticky topic to EI.  Good idea.

It's hard to believe that we're only going on 5 days with that site. Because of everyone here, it looks like it's been up for months.  We are in fact getting new people showing up on the site so newbies are finding it.  The site should make a splashdown on the web via search engines in the next 2-3 days. 

Hachi - No pressure with posting from your phone.  Posting news is difficult that way.

The next project will be to post news in the state forums, which is a fairly large task.  None of this has to be done overnight, unless you're flumom, lol.  Good job FM.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 6:13am
Hachi, we all have moments when we cannot post.  My computer died recently and you all efectively covered for me.  Now I'm back and happy to fill in for you.  That seems to be the multi-member/moderator reasoning. 

If things were not so unusually buisy, we could all have time off: Albert does not seem to sleep lately and could cover for all of us.  Respect Boss! 

Fret not Hachi,  your wisdom is worth waiting for.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 6:28am
lol.... roger that techno.  Sleeping is over rated and a waste of time. 

On another note - I posted a link to ebolainfo.org on facebook and a couple of people have shared it.  A good way to get the word out.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

I can't argue with that to much Flumom, i like your intentions.  You crack me up.  However I do have to post on both sites.  My posts here are usually replies to threads, which i have to do.   AFT is fairly wellknown so we have to keep this one up to date as well. I too think ultimately the new site will outgrow them all.  After all it's the first and only dedicated Ebola site on web I believe.  The search engines should recognize that.  I can't find one other website name with Ebola in it.

Yes -- I'll post a sticky topic to EI.  Good idea.

It's hard to believe that we're only going on 5 days with that site. Because of everyone here, it looks like it's been up for months.  We are in fact getting new people showing up on the site so newbies are finding it.  The site should make a splashdown on the web via search engines in the next 2-3 days. 

Hachi - No pressure with posting from your phone.  Posting news is difficult that way.

The next project will be to post news in the state forums, which is a fairly large task.  None of this has to be done overnight, unless you're flumom, lol.  Good job FM.

The original intent and purpose of creating EbolaInfo.org, I think, is so that as Ebola spreads and becomes evermore threatening, more and more people will search for information using the keyest words "Ebola Information" and will then be linked to our Org. From there they now have a direct link over to AFT where there is a wealth of enoumerous virus related subjects in which to get involved with. Changing the name of AFT to EI would be a grave mistake as in if Ebola were to burn itself out or be cured or otherwise fall from interest, then AFT would go down with it. The key words avian flu are universal and will survive forever. "Ebola" may or may not. We have to be careful in how we approach this because the goal is not to defunct the mother site, AFT. Posting as much new and older stuff up to EI is a goal as that site needs to be a good sourse of info on its own, independent of AFT or people will just log right back out. So my point is, keep moving info into and over to EI but do not abandon AFT because the whole purpose of this is to get Ebola Info searches directed to AFT where the stored information is monumental and therefore provides for a greater service. There is a differance between opening a second business and closing the first in order to open the second. My take anyway. Also, sensationalistic-type articles, false or not, generate ATTENTION. Though if false, that fact is later established for the record. Which also shows that we are capable of identifying such and putting it to rest. That is a win win as far as getting the word out. It's done in trials all the time by both sides as they know they get the message out to the jury just before being over ruled. In business in most cases bad news stories about the business are usually actually good in that everyone now knows you're there.
"And then there were none."
Suzi View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 2:12pm
Albert, Would it be possible to add a little color to the other site? Maybe a pale green or red. And a more bold type.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 2:29pm
LOL, Albert, I am like that in all things...it must be done right away!   Both of my kids delivered Cesarian ...I could not wait.    Well not really I just don't work right there...LOL!

Do you want me to keep moving items? I only have a few subjects left.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Suzi Suzi wrote:

Albert, Would it be possible to add a little color to the other site? Maybe a pale green or red. And a more bold type.

Thanks Suzi, I appreciate that question.  Yes we can.  I'm not very good at designing things with color, as my wife would agree with.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

LOL, Albert, I am like that in all things...it must be done right away!   Both of my kids delivered Cesarian ...I could not wait.    Well not really I just don't work right there...LOL!

Do you want me to keep moving items? I only have a few subjects left.

You've already done quite a bit FM and looks good.  I'll dive in there myself here in a few and see what we can find.  It's almost endless.  
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 4:18pm

Is this any better? 
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 4:58pm
Oh boy yes!!!!!!Thumbs Up
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Suzi View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 4:58pm
Orange looks good on black but black on a pale color is fine. I noticed the page where you read a post has more color than the first page. It is fine.
SeaWolfe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 8:45pm
Just join ebolainfo and made it legal on AFT. I have been monitoring AFT since 05 but never registered. So I did. Now I am a double dipper.   Funny things aside - - serious events are happening and the best info I can find is on these two sites. What makes things work so we'll is the professionals who do the posting. We'll done to all.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by SeaWolfe SeaWolfe wrote:

Just join ebolainfo and made it legal on AFT. I have been monitoring AFT since 05 but never registered. So I did. Now I am a double dipper.   Funny things aside - - serious events are happening and the best info I can find is on these two sites. What makes things work so we'll is the professionals who do the posting. We'll done to all.

Thanks for joining Seawolfe, and yes you've been here for a very long time - much appreciated.

It is also true that even given the nature of this forum, as well its the look, that it's one of the more professional forums you will find.  You would never expect such great professional posts here, with no profanity, fights, attacks, etc....  At the same time, you would have to be pretty sharp to track the next pandemic and emerging viruses as we do here,  so not surprised at the good and smart folk we've attracted over the years.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Is this any better? 

Looks very good and is easier on the eyes, Albert. Thanks! I do get double vision by night from white background pages via my iPhone but not so much from AFTs black one. Thanks for posting the question, Suzi. And I'm sure that over time other things can be tweaked to further refine the layout and color but looks super as is and distinguishable between the two sites.
"And then there were none."
Black Cloud View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Cloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2014 at 12:21am
Albert - - I just posted something for you on the "Report Technical Issues" - "Help" fourm.

SeaWolfe
SeaWolfe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic