Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

New Stomach Flu - Summer 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Stomach Flu - Summer 2014
    Posted: August 28 2014 at 11:30am
There is an outbreak of a new strain of stomach flu which is not being covered by mainstream news and the ports are blocked to my best listings so far.

Talking to families on the East Coast adults and children are coming down with this and could you all check and see if you can find some more on this. tysm.

Medclinician
Medclinician - not if but when - original
HB View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2014 at 12:41pm
I think my son has this.
HB View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2014 at 2:31pm
No he does not have the flu.
Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 5:29pm
Okay, I have searched for days on this outbreak and so far all I can get are people telling me they have it and nothing in the media.

Blogs....

http://www.decodedscience.com/terrible-stomach-flu-still-going-around-norovirus-update/46364

hillrusscon says

48 yr old female-4:44 in morning, stomach cramps/diarrhea cold and hot. Going on 30 hrs and stomach cramps are horrible. Every time I eat a bite or drink, my stomach cramps.

laram says

Have this too, 40 yr. old. Started with 4 mo. old, now me. I’ve been sick since yesterday afternoon, started with nausea, stomach cramps a few hours later, diarrhea a few hours after that. Finally vomited several times a few hours after. Spouse is starting to feel it. Drinking Gatorade. This is going around my work.

Medclinician2013 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 5:30pm
Still track this one. It is out there.

Medclinician

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2014 at 7:44pm
Med, I just had it and it is in Colorado. We have had cases at our school already, got mine there too. It is early and it is not nice.

Last Friday Labor Day weekend it...Hit me at 9:30AM, vomiting...a bunch, within an hour I was so cold I could not get warm at 80 degrees outside and a winter down comforter on me. Had to get a heating pad out to even try to warm my feet.

At about noon the diarrhea hit. Then Diarrhea and vomiting at the same time. That happened for 2 hours off and on. I felt better started sipping the Pedialyte, water, and clear soda. Did really well until 8PM when both diarrhea and vomiting came back one last time.

Had Diarrhea through Saturday no vomiting. I did not have the cramps...thank God but I still a week later have a "sour" stomach.

This is really early for Vomit Season as we call it at school. I have never had Stomach Virus like this one since I was a kid. So I think it this virus is just raising it's head again.

I am doing a lot of hand washing now since hand sanitizer does nothing to kill it.

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 7:38am
Sounds like norovirus to me!
Buy more ammo!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic