Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

preppers are the governments stockpiles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: preppers are the governments stockpiles
    Posted: September 16 2014 at 9:09pm
In martial law federal anti hoarding laws allow government to take your stuff. Why do they need to stockpile when they can use your stuff. Any thoughts?
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 9:22pm

well considering only about 3% of the population are considered "preppers"

they ain't gonna get much

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 1:56am
They gotta find it too.

I think in actuallity, the anti-hoarding laws are for after the problems start, when shortages are already manefesting.  Buying more than you need, at this point, exacerbates the shortfall.  Whereas, what you store before problems start actually boosts the economy a small bit.

If I'm wrong, they still gotta find it.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 2:01am
I lost my preps in an unfortunate boating accident   
spam hunter extraordinaire
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 2:03am
The dog ate all my stuff....
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 2:53am
Mine was nicked by some bloke in a boat with a dog!
I like Ike
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 7:44am
All I have is expired stuff. Have at it.
"And then there were none."
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 7:49am
Originally posted by drumfish drumfish wrote:

In martial law federal anti hoarding laws allow government to take your stuff. Why do they need to stockpile when they can use your stuff. Any thoughts?

If they have no choice but to resort to that, knowing there already isn't very much, (3%), then their demise will take place long before they find much of it.
"And then there were none."
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNYKELLEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 9:03am
The rats got all of mine
WHAT TO DO????
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 9:35am

Originally posted by pheasant pheasant wrote:

The dog ate all my stuff....

and YOUR dog ate all MY stuff too LOL

sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 10:44am
Hmmm.. some excessively big businesses need to have an anti-money hoarding law imposed upon them.
Be the positive change that you want to see. Live it, be it, push for it.
drumfish View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 1:16pm
The idea that anyone should be able to take other peoples stuff is the problem. There is no difference in taking someone's prepping supplies and taking someone's businesses money. Its the same thought process.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 1:41pm
There used to be posts on swineful.org telling how to build hiding spaces behind fake walls.  It's probably on here too somewhere.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by WillobyBrat WillobyBrat wrote:

Mine was nicked by some bloke in a boat with a dog!

Ha Ha Ha, you made me choke on my cornflakes!
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 3:06pm
To All,they passed these anti-hoarding laws so that the local police can take your food if they want it.The Feds have such large stock piles of food that they do not need our food and they have good quality food store.I know that one very important Nuclear bunker, they stored a mountain of "Mountain House" Freeze dried food and chiefs to cook it. This is not hear-say. I saw it many times. Johnray1
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 3:51pm
Albert kicked me overboard, and kept the dog.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 3:58pm
I wouldn't recommend this for consumables, but a septic tank is a pretty slick spot for sealed "self protection" equipment....cough...cough...so i have heard.

Pretty hard core, but will weed out the all the feint of heart and most metal detectors.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 4:49pm
When TSHTF, the police and authorities will be able to do damn near anything they want to.  We saw this in the last big rehearsal, which was Hurricane Katrina.  

There were all sorts of police and power abuses reported, who will stop 'em? 

The US Government has vast stockpiles of supplies & drugs in case of terrorist attack or natural disaster.  These are held in the "Strategic National Stockpile," and can be distributed via B-747 extremely rapidly.  The supplies are maintained in "push-packs" which can literally be pushed out of storage, onto a plane, and then off of the plane at destination.  

(In case you can't tell, I'm trained & certified in this stuff!)

Realistically, when TSHTF, police may run to take care of their own families (again, this happened during Katrina).  Store your stuff and invest in my friends Smith & Wesson.

Be safe, Chuck
CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 6:38pm
I will eat my dog
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 6:58pm
CRS,Dr.PH.I agree.Johnray1
drumfish View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 7:45pm
Theoretically Ebola infected meat could be cooked. But it puts a whole new spin on safe food handling!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 10:58pm
I really think those laws like others have said is for after TSHTF. People will be running to Sams/Costco and buying all the rice and beans at one time. The gov't has these laws in place for people like that.

The problem is look at Mexico and this hurricane this week. The people looted every place they could no cops. There are not enough police to stop looters all over a city.

Let us hope TS never HTF!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 12:23am
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

I really think those laws like others have said is for after TSHTF. People will be running to Sams/Costco and buying all the rice and beans at one time. The gov't has these laws in place for people like that.

The problem is look at Mexico and this hurricane this week. The people looted every place they could no cops. There are not enough police to stop looters all over a city.

Let us hope TS never HTF!

Amen to that sentiment, FluMom! 

Check out this article about the S hitting TF in Cabo, pretty ugly scene:

My guess is that the police either high-tailed it out of town, or collaborated in the looting.  Not impressed.
CRS, DrPH
cobber View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 4:11am
Some tips on storing food and supplies.

In any SHTF situation it pays to have several stockpiles. One for the raiders kept in the cupboard. A second small stockpile buried in the back yard and a large well hidden stockpile elsewhere.

The reason for this is when you get raided by bandits. They take the stuff out of the cupboards. The smart ones know you are hiding food. So then you have something to give them. The second stash can also be used as a bargaining tool. 

Dont tell your kids about the third storage place and maybe other loved ones who may be beaten for information.

There was a smart guy who survived in Bosnia with a family using this strategy.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 4:19am

“Lesson here is to not be arrogant because you are a survivalist or prepper.”

Decision Making in Survival Situations

http://shtfschool.com/survival-psychology/decision-making-in-survival-situations/

http://shtfschool.com/survival-psychology/decision-making-in-survival-situations/

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:48am
Only if he doesn't get to you first, Kilt   
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:56am
Yes cobber, spot on. You said it just as my brother says....

Tiered stocks, spread out.

Or as my brother says "always have something for the scab-monsters to take"..............."and a few more things for the people chasing down the scab-monsters to take".
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

When TSHTF, the police and authorities will be able to do damn near anything they want to.  We saw this in the last big rehearsal, which was Hurricane Katrina.  

There were all sorts of police and power abuses reported, who will stop 'em? 

The US Government has vast stockpiles of supplies & drugs in case of terrorist attack or natural disaster.  These are held in the "Strategic National Stockpile," and can be distributed via B-747 extremely rapidly.  The supplies are maintained in "push-packs" which can literally be pushed out of storage, onto a plane, and then off of the plane at destination.  

(In case you can't tell, I'm trained & certified in this stuff!)

Realistically, when TSHTF, police may run to take care of their own families (again, this happened during Katrina).  Store your stuff and invest in my friends Smith & Wesson.

Be safe, Chuck

Statements of fact. All your preps mean nothing if you have no way of protecting it.

In my opinion, the single most important part of preparation is OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC.

I've got my preps, my stuff, and what-have-you and absolutely nobody around me is the wiser and that's how I want it. I don't tell anyone around me, don't say anyhitng to coworkers, etc. Only those in my close circle, and if any of them start blabbing, they're out. Loose lips sink survival ships.

If TSHTF, and some local police come to your door asking to take your stuff, you can bet that they are ABSOLUTELY NOT police officers. Those are called looters using the buddy system to get inside. Local police and authorities have all the preparations they'll ever need for them and their families. 
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
hazelpad View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 5:40pm
Buy fake blood and put it over your stash, add the odd desperate bloody handprint on the front door, sinking lower down the wall with each footprint. .....hee hee, burst one in your mouth before opening your door and smiling good morning.....odds on they won't bother you for your food stash again.

Hpx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic