Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

D68

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D68
    Posted: September 18 2014 at 9:17pm
Well, one adult ,her child and another child have D68 in our school. This is significant because the adult is very sick just like I have been. I am thinking I could have had D68 my doc just did not test me. But I can tell you D68 could put more adults in hospital than the flu.

My friend had the same problems I had and her doc had to do the same thing my doc did switch to stronger antibiotics. She has been out of work almost as much as I was and I really should still be home as lousy I feel.

Fair warning folks we have a virus that is going to do a double whammy with flu season coming on. There is going to be lots of sickness this season.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 9:47pm
I agree FluMom, I think we will have a lot of sickness this winter. I hope you get better from your sickness soon!
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 10:13pm
My son, 5 then, now 6 as of yesterday, came back from a visit from Denver a few weeks ago and was sick. I'm wondering now if that was it. He got better in a week or so though but then his mom got sick but not me or my dad. Hope you get well soon Flu Mom!!!

I read tonight it's in Ventura and San Diego now. That's JacksDads turf. Stay well JD! You may need to ride shotgun in Alberts Hummer soon to JR's. Well, after we first shoot up north to kidnap Germ Nerd 'cause we may need her to help keep Albers pits from germin' up my face too bad -plus she seems pretty cool. Once we finely make it to JR's we can then break out with a little Thunderstruck:

http://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

đź‘Ť
"And then there were none."
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:04pm
Me and my kid still have lingering respiratory symptoms from something we both caught almost two weeks ago, and yes - we're in San Diego. I haven't needed my albuterol inhaler in years, and I'm using it every day. Never went to the docs so I can't say for sure what we had.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:34pm
Yeah, I posted that this afternoon in the other topic about it about 4 kids confirmed having it in Ventura and SD County. They were aged 2yrs-13yrs. Feel better, Jacksdad. I have been sneezing at almost the same exact time every day, kinda random. I've also been super congested more than usual.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 11:42pm
Thanks Hachi - we're on the mend. We've been pretty congested, but the first symptom was an incredibly sore throat and cough.
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 1:35am
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

I read tonight it's in Ventura and San Diego now. That's JacksDads turf. Stay well JD! You may need to ride shotgun in Alberts Hummer soon to JR's. Well, after we first shoot up north to kidnap Germ Nerd 'cause we may need her to help keep Albers pits from germin' up my face too bad -plus she seems pretty cool. Once we finely make it to JR's we can then break out with a little Thunderstruck:

đź‘Ť
I'm jealous!  Flu/evd68 or not, that sounds like a super party.  Bl**dy pond!
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 6:46am
Hey Techno. "bloody" is not a bad word over here... I think. Did you watch the video? Hillbilly AC DC. They rocked it. They could of been on Porter Ridge. It reminds me of when I was a kid in a circle with the fellas drinking pruno singing Giligans Island all serious like.
"And then there were none."
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 6:55pm
Jacksdad I had that too! My throat was so sore and I could barely swallow, I just knew I had strept throat. I did go the doctor and they did a strept test and it was negative. I was sick for about 3 weeks, sore throat, cough and really tired all the time. They put me on Levaquin and steroids cause I have asthma and I was using my nebulizer with Albuterol and Pulmicort everyday.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 8:38pm
Penham,I really hope that I do not get what you all are talking about.Johnray1
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 8:46pm
Penham - I went into work to hand in some paperwork, and two of the nurses were wearing masks and complaining about sore throats, and two coworkers both said they'd taken time off with the same symptoms.
When I first came down with it, I did pretty much nothing but sleep for a couple of days - it wiped me out completely.
Hope you're feeling better.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2014 at 10:18pm
Update: my boss sent me home early because I fell asleep in my chair!   Called my doc his nurse said that they have found patients with my symptoms that most need at least 2 courses of antibiotics . Since my nose is still running green and my cough is still bad and producing gunk doc gave me 10 more days of antibiotics and more codeine cough-syrup.

I have decided that if I am not rested by Monday I will stay home I need to get better!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 2:04am
Hope the antibiotics work, FluMom. Get better soon.
ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 10:48am
EV-68 in Pennsylvania.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/9/18/bethel-park-hs-student-first-confirmed-case-of-ev-d68-in-allegheny-co/

Despite the title of the article, the Allegheny Co. Health Dept claims that there is no EV-68 in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh Area) yet, but the article goes on to say there are confirmed cases in Erie and Philly.

Comment: A co-worker took her infant daughter to a local suburban Pittsburgh area hospital for cellulitis, and received anecdotal reports from nurses that they had had an uptick of respiratory infections in children in that hospital that required intensive care admission.
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 4:21pm
What a coincidence, we had an invasion of illegal aliens across our Southern Boarder all year, and now all of these diseases are popping up!

Illegal Alien Minors Spreading TB, Dengue, Swine Flu
www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/07/illegal-alien-minors-spreading-tb-ebola-dengue-swine-flu/

Our government officials can't control our Southern Border, threaten healthcare workers with arrest if they attempt to inform the public of the diseases that the illegals are bringing in, but Obama signs an E.O. for a bunch of bureaucrats to combat infectious disease!

Executive Order -- Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/09/18/executive-order-combating-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria

Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest
www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/02/medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest/
Opium is the opiate of the masses
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2014 at 10:26am
My mother had to take my 5 y.o. cousin (my cousin's daughter) had to go to the ER yesterday with rapid shallow breathing, and she emitted on herself. The said she has pneumonia, but never tested her for D68. Her 13 y.o. sister, who I mostly brought up is asthmatic, so I hope she doesn't get anything. All they really are having her do are breathing treatments. Not sure if they prescribed an antibiotic or not though.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2014 at 3:20am
Hi Flumom..Now D68 has turning up in adults.

[link to wpri.com]
The Centers for Disease Control has confirmed a case of an unusual respiratory virus in a local adult.
According to the Rhode Island Department of Health, the adult was hospitalized with enterovirus D68 and has since been released. There have been no deaths locally or in the United States associated with enterovirus.
On Tuesday, Massachusetts health officials confirmed the virus was also found in an 8-year-old southeastern Massachusetts girl. She was hospitalized and has recovered. Boston Children’s Hospital said the child was treated there.
Mild symptoms of the virus include fever, runny nose, sneezing, cough, and aches. Severe symptoms could include difficulty breathing and wheezing

PS: Hope your feeling better!
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic