Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Lovely. Got sick.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lovely. Got sick.
    Posted: October 08 2014 at 1:58pm
Can't believe I got a cold. Feel like crud lol, but weak little bug. No kick to it.
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 2:01pm

Zicam works

I've used it several times

sleusha View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 2:03pm
Get well soon.. Hope you don't have a fever or you might get whisked away...
Be the positive change that you want to see. Live it, be it, push for it.
waterboy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Can't believe I got a cold. Feel like crud lol, but weak little bug. No kick to it.

Yes take care Albert. I just came down with a non-severe cold too. Apparently I contracted it at my local clinic from my physician?
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 2:37pm
Thanks waterboy and sorry to hear you're sick too.  No pain no gain. Early flu season.  Yes you're more likely to get sick going to doc's office and getting the shot, unless you take precautions.  Hand sanitizer - and don't touch eyes, nose and mouth.

It will be gone soon enough waterboy. 

Sleusha, I'm a big fan of ziacam.  Nothing ever works on me, lol.  Full steam ahead -
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 3:35pm
Get well soon both of you.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 3:55pm
A, there's no more ZMapp. What'd'ya want me to do?

Take it easy. You've been working hard Bud.
"And then there were none."
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 3:59pm
Waterboy, I do hope you get better soon. You're a champ! I found this link that may help:

http://www.artec-inc.net/continue.html
This drug was in a trial for AIDS/HIV/Cancer a few years ago. Whatever happened to it?
TUBERCIN/WELME

If first link doesn't work try this. www.artec-inc.net

If you want more information on this drug contact company president Dr.Ronald Shinn 916-428-3458
Dr.Shinn believes this drug along with Cumadin could help Ebola patients.

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 4:46pm

Stay where you are, I've alerted my team & they'll be over to pick you up.  Cry

Get well soon! 

CRS, DrPH
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 6:09pm
I hope you feel better soon! I had it last week, fortunately is only lasts 3-4 days. Cough, congestion, tired, achey.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 6:12pm
Hide the pit bulls - Spain's not done yet Shocked

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 6:25pm
Sorry Albert and waterboy.  I have it this week too!  Came down with it Saturday, figured it was just allergies and then it knocked me down monday so I stayed home and slept alot.  Taking sambucol for it.  Feels alot like a sinus infection but it's not.

Hope everyone else stays healthy!

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:02pm
Albert maybe it was the bar nuts from the other night.  Talk about a petri dish! Wink

Any of you think it could be D68?

Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:04pm
I haven't had a cold in years because I always kick it within 2 days by taking Zicam lozenges. They coat the back of your throat with zinc. The cold virus cannot replicate in zinc. They'll mess up your taste buds a little while you take them, but that is definitely the worst of 2 evils in my opinion. Take them religiously per the instructions on the box and you'll be over it in no time.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:07pm
I was wondering about Zicam, but I've never met anyone yet that's tried them. Elver, you sound like you've had good luck with them so I'll give them a try next time I start feeling crappy. Thanks for the recommendation Thumbs Up
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:10pm
I've tried the Cold Eeze, but the taste makes me gag.  Am not sure if they are the same as the zicam though.
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:24pm
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 8:50pm
I just got over a cold that seemed to hang around for weeks, and I saw Zicam (and Cold -EEZE) at the store, and like an idiot I went with the regular menthol cough drops instead. I'll definitely try it next time - thanks again, Elver and Jen.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 9:00pm
My 17 year old has tried the cold eeze before & just as Elver pointed out he followed the instructions on the box religiously & his cold was gone in 3 days.  I tried it also but as I said I couldn't hang in there because of the taste (it was cherry I believe) & didn't even make it the first day.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2014 at 10:49pm
I just use my eight year old survivalist case of Airborne I packed one year after raiding my sons Halloween candy.

Zinc sheets are used under the ridge caps of roofs in mossy moldy climates and inhibits the growth of such down the roof. Sounds logical to me but I would also think it would be toxic to liver.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 5:25am
lol.... thanks for the comments.  Got a good smile and laugh. Might need that team Chuck, lol.

Cough....  it had a little more of a kick than I thought.  Nasty mancold.  No matter what I take I'm usually in for the full two week run.   Oh well.  Best success was with Ziacam in the past, but you need to take in the first 24 - 48 hrs, but I got a little too busy and forgot.  

Full steam ahead -  cough... cough ..
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 12:32pm
yeah those "mancolds" are the worst variety. Wink
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 12:56pm

WinkLOLLOL
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

WinkLOLLOL

Are you kidding?   Not sure how waterboy is holding up, but I feel like Patrick Sawyer did the day he died.   I haven't been sick in so long I've forgotten what it's like.  My wife said, "what do you mean you can't move?"  I said "no, dying".   In my dying wish, I asked her to please get me a bag of Halloween candy (recesses) if possible for my final meal.  Luckily she takes care of me or this thing wouldn't even be survivable. Cough

Kind of feel like having a steak for the final meal.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 2:37pm
LOL

I love Reese's too when I'm sick!  They are like crack or something for me, I really need to stay away from them!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 2:45pm
I'm so sick I've called off Halloween altogether now and eating all reeses and almond joys in house.   I'm not living like an animal in my final day or two here.  Putting on War Horse and then Titanic, having some healthy food, and going out in peace.  cough
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 2:48pm
Jen 147,I believe this because when me and my wife are both sick.I am always the sickest. I noticed that years ago.Johnray1
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:05pm
Important Health Alert: What you should know about Wine Flu.

You have been given this leaflet as your doctor has diagnosed you with WINE flu. Please read carefully.

Perhaps you went to a dinner party last night, where you and other guests enjoyed copious amounts of alcohol. Or spent an hour too long in your local bar.

You awoke this morning not feeling well, with what could be described as flu-like symptoms; headache, nausea, chills, sore eyes, etc.

From the results of some initial testing, you have unfortunately tested positive for what experts are now calling Wine Flu.

This debilitating condition is very serious - and it appears this is not an isolated case.

Reports are flooding in from all around the country of others diagnosed with Wine Flu. To anyone that starts to exhibit the aforementioned tell-tale signs, experts are recommending a cup of tea and a bit of a lie down.

However, should your condition worsen, you should immediately download a movie and take some Advil. Others are reporting a McDonalds Happy Meal can also help in some cases. If not, then further application of the original liquid, in similar quantities to the original dose, has been shown to do the trick.

Wine Flu does not need to be life threatening and, if treated early, can be eradicated within a 24-48 hour period.

NOTE
If you find you are complaining a lot, it may be that it has mutated into Whine Flu. This is particularly common in men and caboutickly spread to their partners where the symptoms are detected as a serious case of eye-rolling.

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:05pm

"I'll never let go Jack"

Cry
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:08pm
Hazelpad, LOLLOLThumbs Up
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Jen147 Jen147 wrote:

"I'll never let go Jack"

Cry

lol.... Poor Rose.  See how we're treating when sick?  She let Jack go and didn't think twice about it.  He had it easy compared to how I'm feeling.   You jump I jump my b*tt.  cough
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:15pm
I went to the store for Niquel PM and I told the clerk I didn't feel good, and that I just got in from Liberia.  She almost freaked out.  I'm terrible
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:31pm
You are TERRIBLE!!  That poor girl.  See you in a few days if you take that Niquil PM, you really will be dead to the world. Sleepy
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 3:45pm
If you coughing a lot then really thick chunky white chocolate is great for calming it down......better than cough medicine. Besides gives you an excuse to go back to the shop, could put a little tomato sauce around your mouth, finish poor shop assistant off for good.

Littleraven1 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littleraven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 4:19pm
My cure-all is monolaurin from the coconut. It works wonderfully for colds and does a number on the flu. Cherry bark cough medicine if needed and if you're so inclined, hot toddys till you sleep. I've killed a good many bugs this way as well as a flu that almost took me out several years ago. Get well soon!
There's a bad moon on the rise
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 5:25pm

I went to the store for Niquel PM and I told the clerk I didn't feel good, and that I just got in from Liberia.  She almost freaked out.  I'm terrible
Yes you are!  Smack wrist! naughty Boss!
Get well soon.  ....................................................

Man-flu.LOL
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
nc_girl View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2014 at 6:11pm
Albert, I can't stop laughing at that one!  poor girl!

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:42am
Albert, Albert -- funny as h-ll! Thanks for the laugh!

Donuts always work for my colds, glazed or yeast with sugar. And hot toddy with rum or whiskey, lemon juice and honey. I get a big ol' cup of it that I put a lid on and set on one of those electric cup warmers. Might as well suffer in style!

Off topic, but Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian members!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 2:10pm
I agree Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians.  That's great.    What do you guys eat for that? 

The hot toddy is sounding good.   mmmm 

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 3:26pm
Your cough sounds better.
Germ Nerdier View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 5:04pm

I agree Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians.  That's great.    What do you guys eat for that? 

The hot toddy is sounding good.   mmmm 

Flipper Pie (Seal)
Poutine (soggy fries and curds)
Moose, bear, deer, squirrel, beaver.
.. but I'm not into beaver.

Prairie One View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairie One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 5:30pm
And obviously NOT Canadian ;)
Interested....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 7:01pm
I still am sick after 5 weeks back on Augmentin 875 for my still sinus infection and a steroid inhaler for my lungs. I am so tired of being sick! However, the alternative is not good...LOL!
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:15pm
Goodness FluMom!  Have you had a CT of the sinuses?  Hope you find relief soon!
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2014 at 10:29pm
You might have a sinus cyst. My last MRI randomly picked one up, then my Southern CA Kaiser neurologist casually chose to ignore mentioning those findings at my last appt as she usually does with most my results. Wish I could see my hometown one more often.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic