Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Lovely. Got sick.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 12:30am
Hachi, the only cysts I have are 5 to 8 years old and full of germs! We have two other teachers down with my similar symptoms. So that makes four adults down for over a week some of us out 3 weeks. We have to see how the new teachers do they may be out a long time also.

We still have kids throwing up all over the place! Get ready folks this is going to be an ugly year!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 4:32am
That steroid inhaler will fix the cough flumom.   Frustrating as heck to be sick that long,  Hang in there FM and you'll be fine in a few days for good.
https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 4:37am
Originally posted by onefluover onefluover wrote:

Your cough sounds better.

Sick  ..... Feeling a little better, thanks.  Not exactly party time yet, but better.  

I suppose I saved a few bucks on the flu shot and got some needed rest.   No complaints here.   Probably gained a few pounds because all i've been doing is eating everything in sight.  If i don't see another bag of Halloween candy for a year I'll be happy. 
coyote View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 4:43am
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 7:51am
Maybe you're just sick of the candy. I'm actually coming down with something myself. I suspect it is related to our chickens that we bought as chicks 6 months ago. They poo a lot! And all over the place. It's been a lot of work -almost all from me keeping their penned in coop area clean but we all know that's for appearances only. Their germs are everywhere and you can't exactly autoclave a back yard. But we are getting 8 or 10 eggs a day. And what does my pop do yesterday? Drags me to the hotel silly (wallmart) and buys two dozen eggs. We have four dozen from our chickens! Anyways, I've got something brewing in my lungs. A (caugh) little Farmers Lung never hurt anyone.
"And then there were none."
Germ Nerdier View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Prairie One Prairie One wrote:

And obviously NOT Canadian ;)

Actually very Canadian. Just happen to be female ;)

I was kidding about the other stuff. I wouldn't eat anything on that list, including cheese curds.

Blech ptewie!
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 12:37pm
Watch out for those Canadians. My mother is full blown kanook born and raised in Toronto. I'm very partial to Canadians. What can I say....

Happy thanksgiving GN. So what are you thankful for?

Growing up, we always went around the table and had to say what we were thankful for.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 1:29pm
We love Canada! ...We can always blame them later. I don't eat much if any candy either, A. So the Reese's won't work for me. What does is time. Time always did the trick. Like I once said, even Advil but rarely. No worries about the cliff. The cliff and I are one.

Are curds and cottage cheese the same? I'm pretty OK with cottage cheese but "curds" sound disgusting. I guess as long as we call it something rosey like cottage cheese I'm OK. Seals belong to the Eskimos. I've had bear once. Recently. It burned my tounge like a hot pepper and kind of got me high. Did not like it. Moose a few times or more. Reminds me of eating horse meat though I don't know what that tastes like. Really. Grew up on deer from the Hollywood hills. Was gamey as they say or was that smog? As for squirrel I had it once in W Virginia. Didn't like eating bones. The beaver now, they had those all over Burbank California. Sad thing is I left town long before I ever could catch one.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 1:33pm
You can buy cottage cheese in small curd or large curd. LOL
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Watch out for those Canadians. My mother is full blown kanook born and raised in Toronto. I'm very partial to Canadians. What can I say....

Growing up, we always went around the table and had to say what we were thankful for.

I tried that with my kids. It went OK until they got old enough to master sarcasm. 

I'm thankful we didn't lose our house when my husband died.
I'm thankful my daughter didn't die from Ketoacidosis last spring.
I'm thankful my sons are healthy.

For the first time in my life, I fear not being able to care for and protect my children. 
I'm thankful to have friends who understand, and who know there is more than one possible outcome with Ebola. (that would be you guys  ;)   )

Most of all, I am thankful my children have never been hungry, hurt by war, or left alone and afraid by a disease without mercy.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 1:50pm
[QUOTE=onefluover]We love Canada! ...We can always blame them later. I don't eat much if any candy either, A. So the Reese's won't work for me. What does is time. Time always did the trick. Like I once said, even Advil but rarely. No worries about the cliff. The cliff and I are one.

Are curds and cottage cheese the same? I'm pretty OK with cottage cheese but "curds" sound disgusting. I guess as long as we call it something rosey like cottage cheese I'm OK. Seals belong to the Eskimos. I've had bear once. Recently. It burned my tounge like a hot pepper and kind of got me high. Did not like it. Moose a few times or more. Reminds me of eating horse meat though I don't know what that tastes like. Really. Grew up on deer from the Hollywood hills. Was gamey as they say or was that smog? As for squirrel I had it once in W Virginia. Didn't like eating bones. The beaver now, they had those all over Burbank California. Sad thing is I left town long before I ever could catch one.[/QUOTE

Haaaa!

I hear they're attracted to shiny things. You should have used bait.
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 4:11pm
Did someone say squirrels.......Bloody squirrels, bane of my existence. Live in really old house, surrounded by massive trees and have huge attic that they think is their delux rooftop penthouse. Please Please someone eat them !!!!!!! My war with them has raged for 10 years, Just when I think I have won...they come back...

They are so fat and lazy that they hardly ever leave the roof. Other morning two are sitting in roof gutter bathing away....I got so fed up I filled a bucket full of soapy shampoo, ran up to very top of house leaned out a roof window and poured down shampoo solution into roof gutter, hoping to make their water supply yucky. No such luck, bloody shampoo was apple and hazelnut and the furry pests loved it, they had great fun chasing the foam....talk about rubbing it in.

Please eat them, they are big and fat and are now marinated with hazel and apple.....Albert I think they would be good for your cold.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Germ Nerdier Germ Nerdier wrote:

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

I tried that with my kids. It went OK until they got old enough to master sarcasm. 

I'm thankful we didn't lose our house when my husband died.
I'm thankful my daughter didn't die from Ketoacidosis last spring.
I'm thankful my sons are healthy.

For the first time in my life, I fear not being able to care for and protect my children. 
I'm thankful to have friends who understand, and who know there is more than one possible outcome with Ebola. (that would be you guys  ;)   )

Most of all, I am thankful my children have never been hungry, hurt by war, or left alone and afraid by a disease without mercy.

That's a good one.  You've done this before.

Hazel - lol.... thanks on the squirrel idea.  I'll keep it in mind. 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 5:11pm
Hay, Hazelpad!  Here is a kindred spirit with ideas:  http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNA9rQcMq00
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Diligent View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diligent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2014 at 8:43pm
Glad you are feeling better, Albert. Get well now.

Brave one, you are Germ Nerdier.

Diligent
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 10:00am
Thank you Dan.
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 10:17am
Diligent,

Kind of you to say, it was.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germ Nerdier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 8:54pm
Okies... I am now fighting a fever.

Thanks for spreading Albert and Oneflu!

Taking my fever to bed now.. Night all.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 9:25pm
Thanksgiving day for GN tomorrow and oneflu got her sick. 

It's frustrating and annoying getting sick, but it will pass quick enough.  Take advantage of getting the rest.  We'll talk you through it all the way. Thumbs Up
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 9:36pm
Get well soon Germ Nerd!!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2014 at 9:51pm
I didn't get her sick. I thought I was sick but it turned out to just be my air/fuel mixture. I do have a headache though it's all in my head.

Sorry to hear you have a fever GN. That's not good. That's not from stress. Hope you are better in the morning.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 5:32am
Glad you didn't get sick oneflu and hope the head ache is better.   I'm on around day 7 of being sick and on the mends.  Just the typical chest congestion and cough now, but definitely on the second half  of it.   I actually don't complain much or get too concerned.  As long as I'm going to survive it lol, suffering is not a prob for me.  People have it a lot worse in life than fighting colds/flus so gutting my way thru without the flu vax is a piece of cake when I think of other people.    Whining about a cold/flu when poor Johnray and his wife are going thru so much can be an insult to folk like that.   Still will probably never get a flu shot as being temporarily sick is not that big of a deal to me and I don't have any underlying conditions.  If I did, then I would get it.  

Anyway, hope you get the air/fuel mix fixed and hope GN is still able to enjoy her Turkey Day today in Canada.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2014 at 5:43am
I hear you. I'm the same. Unless its really bad I don't even mention it. Most of the time colds/flu don't give me coughs/sneezes/fever, just yucky body aches and then I'm fine. But fever is scarier. Hope GN is better this morning. Glad to know you've peaked. And yes, I too think of JR.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2014 at 4:31pm
Somebody should have killed my while weak lol. Blew that one.   Your Admin is a monster. The good one though.

Anyone seen the user Ebola?   

If you attack me? Bring more people. Bring them all.

Let's see what you've got. I haven't forgotten your comment Ebola user. Your admin here is nice, but the next time you call me the b word my friend and pop off, lol.

You want to attack old Albert? I'm waiting.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2014 at 4:43pm
I don't think he's posted besides those in that same thread.  Weird. Wacko
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2014 at 5:07pm
I saw him sniffing at the "Home Defence" forum or thread after his last post. Was writing a new one but dern if I can find it. Must of died of something...Ebola?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2014 at 5:10pm
OK. That was a bit tasteless. So...

Maybe he choked on one of his socks.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2014 at 5:11pm
Somehow you don't strike me as a B-word Al.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 1:40am
Hey Hazlepad, You could be right about the squirrels....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30456869  It seems the evil fiends are responsible for climate change too.
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 6:53am
They are guilty every last one of them !!!!!! If they do as much damage to that permafrost as they do to my house then we are all doomed.....

Quote from your article

Mr Golden said: "We saw an increase in soil temperature in the soils where the arctic ground squirrels were occupying.

"This is a major component. As that permafrost begins to warm, now microbes can have access to these previously frozen carbons that were in the soil.

See total global wreckers every last one of them.   I have learned one valuable lesson from my 10 year ongoing saga as they battle me for squatters rights to my loft.....THEY NEVER GIVE UP.

Plague generators and plaque carriers....lethal little furry monsters.....with their big eyes and bushy tails like butter wouldn't melt.

Actually I am now beginning to sound a bit deranged, which don't worry I am not, but I live in an old Victorian building with a slate roof, and every time they dive bomb onto my roof it costs quite a lot to repair.

PS just got quite a few crown reductions on the trees surrounding my house...put their gas at a peep. They sit and stare at their former home just out of reach, hatching their next plan. Hope my neighbours don't see me leaning out my window sticking my fingers up at the furry little vermin.

Hx

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 4:18am
The squirrels are coming!!!

But, don't panic, there is an air defence force too...

Weasel photographed riding on a woodpecker's back

Woodpecker flying with weasel on back, Hornchurch EssexMartin Le-May caught the moment when the woodpecker took flight with a weasel on its back

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2015 at 5:50pm
Aaaaaaaahhhh.....!!!!!!

They are unstoppable. Look closer at the 2 people in the picture, at their teeth, think they have a squirrel look about them....they have been possessed most definitely.

Was in IKEA a few weeks ago and woman at checkout before me was buying cushions with big pictures of squirrels printed on them.....what the.....I mean what is wrong with these people, you may as well have sewer rats printed on them, and scatter them on your sofa...same thing.

My squirrels are still around, waiting for their chance to break and enter my roof yet again. The trees are huge and well over 100 years old and I don't want to trim them back anymore. Sometimes when the squirrels are watching me and I am watching them, I reach for YouTube and play a buzzard noise....or even an eagle, any bird of prey will do......off they run, eyes to the sky as they dive for cover...hee hee........but like the terminator....they will ALWAYS be back !!!!! My 10 year battle and all the damage and cost they have done to my attic rages on. Never mind germ warfare, it is squirrel warfare in my home.

As spring approaches and trees sprout leaves it gives them more grip on the branches, I know the enemy approaches, using the branches as spring boards to launch on to my roof. My slate roof has got nail fatigue, it causes the slates to dislodge easily, so on go the squirrels, off go the slates sliding down the roof, and they ride them like little surf boards.....probably racing each other, all they need is some sun glasses and loud patterned shirts....... I go weary in to battle this year.

Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 2:30pm
Hazelpad,someday you may need to eat these squirrels.They are very good.Johnray1
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2015 at 5:58pm
Pass me the soup pot.

PS I hope the people in the picture who I just insulted aren't actually technophobe and husband.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 2:38am
No Hazlepad we are not (PHEW)!  I do like nuts and seeds though.  Giant puffball steaks fried are a favourite food too.  Hubby loves trees (I mean LOVES them, he talks to them and makes "Swampie" look like a manic roadbuilder) and I can't remember where I buried anything (that puts a crimp in my prepping).  But, He is fairly toothless and I am mostly hairless, so I think our resemblance to squirrels is superficial.

I quite like rats though.  Have had several pet ones over the years and they are affectionate and intelligent.  So, sign me up for the "sewer rat cushions".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic