Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Topic ClosedEbola a hoax conspiracy theory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ebola a hoax conspiracy theory
    Posted: October 20 2014 at 2:07pm
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms-ebola-is-a-hoax/

I've been seeing this stuff pop up now and then. Would love to hear thoughts. This guy sounds quite fruity and the things he's saying sound ridiculous but I can't help thinking about how Monsanto have been investing in the vaccine and how the U.S. have taken out a patent etc etc and I do wonder about what the media aren't telling us....
Nergal View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:00am
You know, just for kicks I decided to look up some statistics.  http://www.cancer.org - www.cancer.org  They basically say 1.6 million Americans a year are diagnosed.  600,000 a year die.  These are rough numbers if you want the exact ones see the link.  How does Ebola stack up against those kinds of numbers.  A few thousand vs. half a million?  Now compare the number of years we have been aware of Ebola vs. Cancer.  I have lost all kinds of people and animals due to cancer.  I know of not one that died of some designer disease like Ebola.  Cancer is so prevalent in our society but we don't frighten each other about it.  In fact we seem very passive about cancer.  I don't see quarantine being initiated over AIDS.  There is no panic induced response to the seasonal flu which by the way kills 30,000-60,000 people annually in the U.S. alone.  You people come up some weird facts about the most eccentric possibilities.  I think you are all in love with this idea that some disease will wipe us off the Earth.  You froth at the mouth over the next news piece.  You clamor to put out more data that other websites don't give two squirts of
p!$$ about.  I am sure this website started off with good intentions as the road to he!! is paved with good intentions. 

Anything View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Nergal Nergal wrote:

You know, just for kicks I decided to look up some statistics.  http://www.cancer.org - www.cancer.org  They basically say 1.6 million Americans a year are diagnosed.  600,000 a year die.  These are rough numbers if you want the exact ones see the link.  How does Ebola stack up against those kinds of numbers.  A few thousand vs. half a million?  Now compare the number of years we have been aware of Ebola vs. Cancer.  I have lost all kinds of people and animals due to cancer.  I know of not one that died of some designer disease like Ebola.  Cancer is so prevalent in our society but we don't frighten each other about it.  In fact we seem very passive about cancer.  I don't see quarantine being initiated over AIDS.  There is no panic induced response to the seasonal flu which by the way kills 30,000-60,000 people annually in the U.S. alone.  You people come up some weird facts about the most eccentric possibilities.  I think you are all in love with this idea that some disease will wipe us off the Earth.  You froth at the mouth over the next news piece.  You clamor to put out more data that other websites don't give two squirts of
p!$$ about.  I am sure this website started off with good intentions as the road to he!! is paved with good intentions. 

All true, but cancer isn't transmissible, and flu mostly kills old, frail  people who probably would only have lived a few years longer, anyway.

We don't know that much about the Ebola virus. In an experiment in which pigs were infected with Ebola, and monkeys placed inside cages at a distance from the pigs, some of the monkeys became infected, and this could only have happened through the air.

In a similar experiment in which monkeys were infected, and other non infected monkeys placed in other cages, there was no transmission. That's because Ebola causes lung disease and coughing in pigs, but not in monkeys. In humans, coughing is an uncommon symptom of Ebola infection.

However, viruses adapting to new hosts evolve quickly, with the more successful genetic variants outcompeting the less successful variants. Killing the host quickly is not a 'winning strategy', so the variants which are more transmissible, but less deadly will win the race. Scientist are finding that the viral load in patients today far exceeds that seen in previous outbreaks, yet case fatality appears to be lower, which is consistent with what we would expect to see as it evolves.

If coughing ever becomes a common symptom of Ebola infection, all bets are off. This drama has a long way to run, and we don't know what twists and turns there will be.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:16am
AFT - Avian Flu Talk. It's kinda self explanatory, but the specter of an avian flu pandemic was why this site was started. We cover all serious outbreaks, but pandemic flu was the driving force, not Ebola.
Here's a thought - if this site's so pointless, feel free to scatter your pearls of wisdom in someone else's direction. Nobody is required to spend time here and we'd just hate to think we were monopolizing you at the expense of other sites.
BTW - the accidental paragraph helped. Thanks.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Nergal View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 12:25pm
Where is this Avian Flu?  Where is it?  Aren't you all a buzz about Ebola?  Where is Ebola?  You tell me about one real case you know of, either someone diagnosed or killed by it.  I will tell you why, it doesn't exist.  It was created in a lab then bioterror attacked certain populations which are still alive as far as I can tell.  There is not one expert here that has pitted me in a corner to display the facts.  I was pointing out cancer and the flu are real things.  If Ebola was real why are we not all dying of it?  If you were hosting Michael Osterholm to back this knowledge I might take it seriously.  Key word being "Might" but he isn't here.  In fact this is ALL hearsay as I have not encountered anyone here with viable credentials.  I wouldn't put my credentials here either because real people know websites like this are moderated by civilians.  I am mainly here for something to do.  I prefer to remain anonymous regardless of their attachment of my Internet Protocol address because anonymity is one of my weapons.  One of my jobs was to destabilize an area, confuse people, identify threats and help establish normalization.  It was one of many and man was I good at it.  I have done no less here.  You are all confused about me, my origins, why I am here, what I am saying and where it is coming from.  It is one of my little mind games.  I started out genuinely concerned for all of you but after reading so much I have fallen back into old habits.  Fear not, I won't occupy this website forever.  I will throw it away when I am done amusing myself with it.  I came here out of a legitimate worry about the Ebola campaign getting into everyone's head.  Too late, so I might as well have a little fun with it.  The fear campaign has spread its tentacles and all of you are eating it up with a spoon.  Aw, my side hurts from chuckling.  I am going to take a break from the peanut gallery and come back later when some of you learn what common sense is. 
Prairie One View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 12:36pm
You sound unhinged Nergal.
Interested....
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 1:25pm

One of my jobs was to destabilize an area, confuse people, identify threats and help establish normalization.

I love that movie. You didn't mention the part about being trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke though.
Quick question - how does acting like you're off your meds normalize anything? Or maybe your presence makes everything else appear normal? Just curious.

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
nadia007 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 1:49pm
We're not nearly as confused about why you're here as you seem to think.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 5:59pm

Where is this Avian Flu?  Where is it?  Aren't you all a buzz about Ebola?  Where is Ebola?  You tell me about one real case you know of, either someone diagnosed or killed by it.  I will tell you why, it doesn't exist.  It was created in a lab then bioterror attacked certain populations which are still alive as far as I can tell.  There is not one expert here that has pitted me in a corner to display the facts.  I was pointing out cancer and the flu are real things.  If Ebola was real why are we not all dying of it?  If you were hosting Michael Osterholm to back this knowledge I might take it seriously.  Key word being "Might" but he isn't here.  In fact this is ALL hearsay as I have not encountered anyone here with viable credentials.  I wouldn't put my credentials here either because real people know websites like this are moderated by civilians.  I am mainly here for something to do.  I prefer to remain anonymous regardless of their attachment of my Internet Protocol address because anonymity is one of my weapons.  One of my jobs was to destabilize an area, confuse people, identify threats and help establish normalization.  It was one of many and man was I good at it.  I have done no less here.  You are all confused about me, my origins, why I am here, what I am saying and where it is coming from.  It is one of my little mind games.  I started out genuinely concerned for all of you but after reading so much I have fallen back into old habits.  Fear not, I won't occupy this website forever.  I will throw it away when I am done amusing myself with it.  I came here out of a legitimate worry about the Ebola campaign getting into everyone's head.  Too late, so I might as well have a little fun with it.  The fear campaign has spread its tentacles and all of you are eating it up with a spoon.  Aw, my side hurts from chuckling.  I am going to take a break from the peanut gallery and come back later when some of you learn what common sense is. 

Personally, I am confused about most of the people, places and things in this world. I know I
have been played the fool many, many times. I suppose Nergal that someone like you, with
your military or police background would have been a player in my pain, sadness and confusion.

My sister took two bottles of Nembutal last October in order to stop the attacks on her mind
and well being. Quite a successful suicide. She wasn't found for 2 months. Make sure you keep
up the covert operations as you laugh at those whom you have played for fools. No one can
play her for the fool, or harm her now can they?

I do wonder if those of us who prep and continue on in the perpetual death march, aren't the
real fools. Why do we keep playing? Unwise or too fearful of the unknown?
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Astrologic Astrologic wrote:

My sister took two bottles of Nembutal last October in order to stop the attacks on her mind
and well being. Quite a successful suicide. She wasn't found for 2 months. Make sure you keep
up the covert operations as you laugh at those whom you have played for fools. No one can
play her for the fool, or harm her now can they?

I'm saddened to learn of that, Astrologic.  My wife's brother did the same thing.  

I'll hold you in my thoughts & prayers. 
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 7:55pm
I'm sorry for your loss too, Astrologic.
newbie1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:23pm
[/QUOTE]I'm saddened to learn of that, Astrologic. My wife's brother did the same thing.
I'll hold you in my thoughts & prayers.
[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

I'm sorry for your loss too, Astrologic.

Count me as three...
Cherish each moment
newbie1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:28pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA AWWWW POOR lil Nergal boy fell off his meds wagon... can I get you a lollipop instead, the sugar should be about the same!     Should we all send you a    ????
Nah, I'll save my hugs for ppl who deserve them!
Cherish each moment
newbie1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:28pm
Oh... did I say that in my 'outside' voice?!?!?!? OOOOPPPS!
Cherish each moment
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:30pm
Ebola is real, it was made in mother natures kitchen in the jungles of Africa and its a zoonosis that has jumped to humans from wild animals.

The jump was made when Africans killed for "Bush Meat" and once someone dies, the virus is spread by means of African customs such as "Kissing the corpse" before the funeral.

This is not such a problem in countries where this sort of ritual does not take place.

It is a useful warm up for the main even - an Influenza Pandemic.

A virus is bad news.

1. Kissing corpses is helping spread Ebola, expert says

Washington Post-26 Sep 2014Share
    LONDON — Touching or kissing the corpses of Ebola victims at ... rites that involve touching or kissing the bodies of the deceased; dead bodies ...

Some Ebola-Stricken African Families Pay Bribes for Fake Death ...

Wall Street Journal-12 Oct 2014Share
Liberian funerals typically include washing the body and keeping it for a wake that can last days as relatives and friends come by and kissthe ...

Ebola Virus Outbreak 2014: Families of Dead Victims Bribe Workers ...

Headlines & Global News-13 Oct 2014Share
... in Liberia reported that the families of Ebola victims who died due to ... relatives and close friends touch and kiss the body as part of funeral ...

Ebola a small threat to US

Herald Palladium (subscription)-26 Sep 2014Share
BERRIEN SPRINGS — The Ebola virus ravaging West Africa poses ..... of these countries, the ritual is to have everyone kiss the body," he said.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Kilt2 Kilt2 wrote:

Ebola is real, it was made in mother natures kitchen in the jungles of Africa and its a zoonosis that has jumped to humans from wild animals.

The jump was made when Africans killed for "Bush Meat" and once someone dies, the virus is spread by means of African customs such as "Kissing the corpse" before the funeral.

This is not such a problem in countries where this sort of ritual does not take place.

It is a useful warm up for the main even - an Influenza Pandemic.

A virus is bad news.

Please take your racist act elsewhere, Kilt.   People in the USA catch all sorts of pathogens from our wild game as well.  For example, rabbits are filthy with the tularemia organism, which is also listed as a Category A bioterrorism agent. 
CRS, DrPH
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:41pm
racist act?

I tell the truth - and the truth is the truth - not racist

in the USA you do not kiss corpses before a funeral - which is a common African ritual - not if that offends your sensibilities you cream puff - I suggest you have latte and avoid eating green apples and it may kill you you girlie man.

You can't handle the truth.

Try telling me Ebola is not spread because of funeral rituals fool.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:43pm
I notice you didnt quote the news articles that discuss African funeral rituals

you big girls blouse

you just hate reality.

I lived in Africa. You would be shocked at what happens there.
rickster58 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:48pm
Really kilt? Name calling is childish and immature. Quit it please.
spam hunter extraordinaire
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:55pm
stop calling me a liar and or a racist - I speak the truth and it is what it is but it is the truth

go have a latte you girly man
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 9:56pm
This was widely discussed on the ABC News Channel in Australia - it is the reality.

1. Kissing corpses is helping spread Ebola, expert says

Washington Post-26 Sep 2014Share
    LONDON — Touching or kissing the corpses of Ebola victims at ... rites that involve touching or kissing the bodies of the deceased; dead bodies ...

Some Ebola-Stricken African Families Pay Bribes for Fake Death ...

Wall Street Journal-12 Oct 2014Share
Liberian funerals typically include washing the body and keeping it for a wake that can last days as relatives and friends come by and kissthe ...

Ebola Virus Outbreak 2014: Families of Dead Victims Bribe Workers ...

Headlines & Global News-13 Oct 2014Share
... in Liberia reported that the families of Ebola victims who died due to ... relatives and close friends touch and kiss the body as part of funeral ...

Ebola a small threat to US

Herald Palladium (subscription)-26 Sep 2014Share
BERRIEN SPRINGS — The Ebola virus ravaging West Africa poses ..... of these countries, the ritual is to have everyone kiss the body," he said.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 10:13pm
I thought you were never coming back to this forum Kilt??? What changed your mind?
Interested....
Elver View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:02pm
I fail to see where racism comes into this. There was nothing racist in Kilt's statements at all.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:03pm
I was invited to stay

I speak the truth but to some its not welcome
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:08pm
That's right Elver - its is true that Africans wash and kiss the body and that it spreads Ebola.

Its not racist to speak the truth.

But people get upset because they can't handle reality.

I posted links where it is discussed and it was discussed by a panel of doctors so its a fact and well know about - but in here on this forum its racist to speak about facts.

Anyway I have been suspended for speaking the truth and standing up to bullies.

onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:40pm
Sometimes the truth can get you kilt
"And then there were none."
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2014 at 11:54pm
You were suspended and promised never to return. You promised Kilt!!
Interested....
DANNYKELLEY View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 1:51am
Kilt I see NOTHING wrong with that post! Where is the racist remark?come on guys knock it off!
WHAT TO DO????
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 3:40am
Sigh!  No one originally called Kilt a racist but they pointed out that one of his sources was.  Probably by accident, he included a piece from a blogsite on one of his posts including the N..... word. 

Likewise he was not called a liar, at least one of his sources was.

Following that, He engaged in a campaign of insults.  That is the very definition of trolling.  I understood that was the reason for his suspension.

Now, he has developed a reputation for racisim.  Whether or not this is correct, I do not know.  But his agressive attitude, it seems to me personally, has earned him what he deserves.  He has offended very many people here.

Drop it Kilt.  You are making a rod for your own back.  You have squealed: "I am not a racist!" so often that lots of people now think you must have done something deliberately, intentionally racist to deserve it.

The same sad senario applies to lying too.

As a point of interest, I have kissed loved ones goodbye after death.  I am just well educated enough to not apply this in the case of something contagious.  This is not confined to any one racial group.  This is a practice based on love, not some sick quasi-religious nonsense.  Have you never lost someone you love?  I do hope the answer you give to that is: "No.", not only because it would explain your attitude to the practice.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Kilt2 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 4:37am
This is bullying

I never wrote the N word and I never lied but I was banned

I stood up to bullies

I stand up to bullies

I never mentioned any racial group - I said it is the custom in Africa with Africans.

And it is.

If this is how you treat people who speak the truth and who stand up to bullies you had better look at yourselves.

Where did I ever say "I am not racist"? Now you bully you put words in my mouth.

I have a reputation for racism? Oh that is just too much. Talk about idiots you really take the cake.

I posted the reality on African burial customs - all factual and was suspended for it.

You have trouble with reality. This issue was widely discussed on Australian National TV and I wrongfully thought you lot would be interested.

The truth is what it is - and you can't handle it.

Jen147 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 5:29am
How many times do we have to hear this over & over & over & over & over & over again!!!!

Ok... some cultures wash the dead, some kiss the dead... you've told us many many times!  Thank you for informing us.  How many more times do we have to hear the same thing!?! 

This bickering over something that has nothing to do with anything is driving people away!

Stop taking over threads just to repeat the same info over & over!  Start a new thread... "dead body washing & kissing death star" & keep it all there.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 6:22am
Our local Duncan Donuts has a 50% off special after 7pm for unsold donuts. I'm getting some after work today.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 6:32am
I am eating a venison meatloaf sandwich right now while I'm typing this..
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
mrmouse View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 6:38am
So much for tolerance!
Opium is the opiate of the masses
Jen147 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 6:44am
Originally posted by coyote coyote wrote:

I am eating a venison meatloaf sandwich right now while I'm typing this..

A little early for that isn't it?
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 6:46am
My 9:30 break here at work..
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Kilt2 Kilt2 wrote:

This is bullying

I never wrote the N word and I never lied but I was banned

I stood up to bullies

I stand up to bullies

I never mentioned any racial group - I said it is the custom in Africa with Africans.

And it is.

If this is how you treat people who speak the truth and who stand up to bullies you had better look at yourselves.

Where did I ever say "I am not racist"? Now you bully you put words in my mouth.

I have a reputation for racism? Oh that is just too much. Talk about idiots you really take the cake.

I posted the reality on African burial customs - all factual and was suspended for it.

You have trouble with reality. This issue was widely discussed on Australian National TV and I wrongfully thought you lot would be interested.

The truth is what it is - and you can't handle it.

You're not a victim Kilt. Quit acting like one!!
Interested....
OriginalHappyCamper View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 8:08am
To All you out there

Kilt, Inthesticks and Nergal all strive on the need for attention.

If we will not beat them to death on an issue they might not continue with the issues. I would have said something but one or two posts said what I wanted to say to them, so I got my satisfaction through you all.

Yes dinner for breakfast is my choice of dining.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic