Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Off Topic Discussion > Talk about anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

To all here at AFT..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To all here at AFT..
    Posted: November 26 2014 at 10:39am
Have a great thanksgiving day!! Snowing here in the northeast.My best to all! Dan
coyote View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 10:56am
Oops..Sorry gang, missed Elvers Thanksgiving thread! Sheesh.
Kay View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 5:26pm
 Happy Thanksgiving to you.  
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 7:23pm

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at AFT

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind. ~ Henry James

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 10:06pm
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! My first one off work in 17 years, sweet!
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 10:08pm
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Coyote, I'm glad it's you and not me, lol, in the 60's during the day here in Oklahoma.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 10:41pm
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 2:10am
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. If you're traveling, stay safe.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 5:38am
To All, have a very happy Thanksgiving.Johnray1
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 7:08am
Happy Turkey Day gang.

What's everybody having today?  We went with the bacon wrapped turkey this year.  Will miss the honey baked ham, but I'll survive.

A great day to eat and to be thankful.   I have a big speech prepared this year when it's my turn at the table to say what I'm thankful for.    Big smile

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 8:51am
Happy Thanksgiving! :) I bought the food for my family, this year. So we have ham with pineapples, brown sugar, sherry, and cloves. Also sweet potatoes with marshmellows, and collard/mustard greens yum.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 9:09am
Tofurky - even the turkeys are thankful at our place
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 9:11am
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

"And then there were none."
Schrödinger's Cat View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrödinger's Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 11:35am
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Turkey is in the oven - its going to be a great day.
rickster58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickster58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 1:20pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends
spam hunter extraordinaire
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by hachiban08 hachiban08 wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving! :) I bought the food for my family, this year. So we have ham with pineapples, brown sugar, sherry, and cloves. Also sweet potatoes with marshmellows, and collard/mustard greens yum.

That's a good one with the brown sugar and pineapple.  I used to do that before going with the honey baked with extra glaze.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 3:28pm
So is the glaze just honey?  sounds good too :)
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 5:01pm
It can be. Last night I made trout with a real honey glaze and almond sliver coating.

If you want real honey baked ham though you usually will have to make it yourself. A for instance, that honey baked ham store (there's a few in Denver), lines down the sidewalk, they coat the ham with granulated sugar and spice and everything else not so nice. They use a roofing torch-down torch and "glaze" the sugared ham on a sheet of plywood in the alley behind the store. Takes like 3 or 4 minutes. The $20.00 ham is then sold for $80.00 a few minutes later.

Sorry.

They are good though. And it's difficult to get real honey to glaze in your oven. Most of it liquifies with the juices and runs down into the pan. That's why they use granulated sugar and a torch.

You learn a lot of things while doing tattoos...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 12:40am
Ate too much!
OriginalHappyCamper View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 9:51am
Sorry to be the wet blanket on this thread but....

According to the Word  of God  Ham is not on the menu for man.

Genesis 7 King James Version (KJV)

And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Leviticus 11:7-8

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you. 

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

God SPOKE it to Noah and Moses.

Spit that honey ham out not good for you.

Jesus Christ died and was raised on the third day, the only "God" to overcome death.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 10:04am

oh good

so we're going to all live by all the Old Testament laws now ???

thank you

NO !!!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 12:21pm
I've got ten chickens that peck food out of eachothers poo. Had a friend with a potbelly pig that lived in his house with his other pets. My vegetable garden wallows in what can be described as filth. I don't get it. No more pork chops? Bacon? Lima beans n fatback and cornbread? Even if it's served up on a golden plate? I don't get it. Religion is scary to me. All too scary.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 1:05pm
I have another reason for not eating pork.

Pigs have an IQ equivalent to a 7 year old child.  Wild pigs can score as high as a 9 year old.  They can even play video games.  My son with his epilepsy, autisim and temporal lobe scarring (from surgery and a growth) has a mental age of between 4 and 7, depending on which ability is being tested.  I can't eat someone with more awareness than him!

Thankfully, chickens, cattle and deer are as thick as two short planks.  
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
coyote View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2014 at 2:24am
Onefluover. .by putting chicken manure in my garden I get heirloom tomatoes the size of grapefruit!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2014 at 3:50am
Go out to your glove box in the car and take out the owners manual. If you have a v-8 engine with spark plugs it tells you to put gas in the tank, not diesel as it will not work on diesel.  That is what the Bible is an owners manual from the creator for the operation of our beings.

The unclean animals listed in the Bible are the sewer system created by GOD to keep the earth clean.
Jesus Christ died and was raised on the third day, the only "God" to overcome death.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2014 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

oh good

so we're going to all live by all the Old Testament laws now ???

thank you

NO !!!

ltimater sacrifice   

Jesus did not have the New Testament only the old and that is what he lived by.

The New does not contradict the old, only our interpretation of the new to justify our sin contradicts the old.

There were four sets of Laws given to Moses, the Ten Commandments written by God. the other three were spoken by God and Moses wrote them down, they were the civil law, how to respect each other, the dietary law, what to eat, and the Sanctuary Law, how man was to worship God till the ultimate sacrifice was offered on the cross.

Matthew 5:17 Jesus Talking
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The only law of the four that could be Fulfilled was the Sanctuary Law as it pointed forward to the ultimate sacrifice of the Lamb of God on the cross.  The other three laws can only be kept not fulfilled.

By the way all four sets of laws were in the story of Cain and Able. So they existed before Moses.

They are for all mankind not just for one nationality of folks. 

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2014 at 6:31am
Maybe he changed his mind on that one.  Thumbs Up 

Not sure God himself would turn down a little bacon.   mmmm
ParanoidMom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParanoidMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 7:24am
It is my understanding that when Jesus told the people around him that He did not come to change the law but to fulfil it, this was the breaking point for the Jewish people. They had to make the choice to either believe He was their Messiah or not.

Jesus also makes it clear that Gentiles are part of this saving grace. This was a completely different way of thinking for the Jewish people. For them, the Messiah was their own personal saviour and no one else was to be included.

This brought on some HUGE debates at the time as to whether or not a person had to become a Jew before they could become a follower of Christ. The problem lied with the fact that not all of the Jewish people accepted Him. Nor were all the Jewish people practicing their faith on the same level. This was how the separate religion of Christianity came about.

During this time, Peter (chosen by Jesus Himself to be the rock of the church) was given a dream/vision that answered the debate of whether or not all Christians needed to follow the dietary laws of the Jewish people. There are many places in the New Testament that are trying to deal with the problems that kept arising as a new religion was being formed.

There is a very old expression that says "The devil is in the details." This type of argument is a perfect example. From the get-go the devil has done his best to cause strife among Christians. And being the lowly humans that we are, we get sucked in every time.

Another example of this type of confusion is whether or not Christians should drink alcohol. There are many denominations today who truly believe that they shouldn't. Yet Jesus' first miracle was to turn water into wine at the wedding celebration. So another argument begins.

Anytime issues like this come up I recommend the "KISS" method (keep it simple stupid) in trying to figure something out. Jesus told his followers to love God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself. If we can actually pull this off there is no opportunity for us to fall into the devil's trap of figuring out who is right and who is wrong.
But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of the Lord
Wisdom of Solomon 3:1
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 2:25pm
ParanoidMon  wrote
"During this time, Peter (chosen by Jesus Himself to be the rock of the church) was given a dream/vision that answered the debate of whether or not all Christians needed to follow the dietary laws of the Jewish people. There are many places in the New Testament that are trying to deal with the problems that kept arising as a new religion was being formed."

This dream is in Acts 10

On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Read  verse 28 again as it tells you that the reason for the vision was to tell Peter not to call the Gentiles unclean as was the custom at that time in the Jewish Nation and Peter was a Jew.  Peter knew that the animals that were in the vision were unclean that is why he thought on the vision in Verse 19 as he knew that God could not change his word.

Let the Bible explain itself . 

ParanoidMon  wrote

"There are many places in the New Testament that are trying to deal with the problems that kept arising as a new religion was being formed."

No new religion was being formed, what Jesus taught was what was to be taught by his chosen people which they did not do. They perverted it with mans interpretation and augmentations. This is happening all over again in Christianity today as is evident in the issue about unclean animals.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParanoidMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 4:02pm
King James Bible, Romans 14:3

Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

New International Version

The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

As I said OHC, this problem was dealt with. To continue arguing over such a thing is a trap.

And yes, while Jesus was trying to get everyone back on track from what was suppose to be in the first place, the reality is a new version, namely Christianity, was born.

My original post was trying to warn of exactly this type of thing. While you are trying to make sure you can prove you are right, make sure of your reasoning behind this need. If you believe in the New Testament, as well as the Old, then you know there are warnings all over the place about falling into self-righteousness. Pride is not of God. It is something we all battle with daily. As long as you are secure in your belief it doesn't really matter what anyone else does or doesn't do. Trust me, God is powerful enough to guide each and every one of us down His chosen path as long as we seek His guidance.

There is no place in Christianity for one group to beat another group into submission for particular beliefs. The parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector warn us of being proud of our accomplishments and who we are while looking down on someone else. Jesus spoke in very simple terms to help us understand.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 4:04pm

I just love religionErmm

two thousand years

and the fighting goes on

NO end in sight

Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by ParanoidMom ParanoidMom wrote:

It is my understanding that when Jesus told the people around him that He did not come to change the law but to fulfil it, this was the breaking point for the Jewish people. They had to make the choice to either believe He was their Messiah or not.

Jesus also makes it clear that Gentiles are part of this saving grace. This was a completely different way of thinking for the Jewish people. For them, the Messiah was their own personal saviour and no one else was to be included.

This brought on some HUGE debates at the time as to whether or not a person had to become a Jew before they could become a follower of Christ. The problem lied with the fact that not all of the Jewish people accepted Him. Nor were all the Jewish people practicing their faith on the same level. This was how the separate religion of Christianity came about.

During this time, Peter (chosen by Jesus Himself to be the rock of the church) was given a dream/vision that answered the debate of whether or not all Christians needed to follow the dietary laws of the Jewish people. There are many places in the New Testament that are trying to deal with the problems that kept arising as a new religion was being formed.

There is a very old expression that says "The devil is in the details." This type of argument is a perfect example. From the get-go the devil has done his best to cause strife among Christians. And being the lowly humans that we are, we get sucked in every time.

Another example of this type of confusion is whether or not Christians should drink alcohol. There are many denominations today who truly believe that they shouldn't. Yet Jesus' first miracle was to turn water into wine at the wedding celebration. So another argument begins.

Anytime issues like this come up I recommend the "KISS" method (keep it simple stupid) in trying to figure something out. Jesus told his followers to love God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself. If we can actually pull this off there is no opportunity for us to fall into the devil's trap of figuring out who is right and who is wrong.

Very well said ParanoidMom.  This is my belief as well.  Another little expression I like to remember is "that isn't a heaven or hell issue".  Yes there are many issues like these that divide even the same denominations.  It's a shame.  God knows the intentions of the heart.  These are not salvation issues, live the best you can following God's Word to the best of your understanding & sort out these things when you "get there". 
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2014 at 4:36pm
I guess it all depends on which Bible you want to read. Some have different translations of the same passage depending on the translators interpretation.

Let’s look at the differences in the translations using the King James Version as the standard because it is the only one using the Received Text Manuscripts.

Versus Effected(different or removed) in Different Bibles vs the King James Version

New American Standard 909   NAS

Revised Standard Version 788   RSV

New World Translation 767

New International Version 695  NIV

Good News 614

Amplified 484

Douay (Jesuit Catholic Bible) 421

Old Jehovah’s Witnesses Bible 120

The New King James Version ignored the Textus Recepticus 1,200 Times

This list is from “Which Bible can we Trust?” by Les Garrett, Christian Centre Press 1982

Example:

Acts 8:36-37

KJV

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

NIV, RSV, and the Good News  Bibles

36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?” [37] [a]

Verse 37 gone,  removed

Romans 1:3

KJV

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

NIV

3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David,

RSV

3 the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh

ASV 3 concerning his Son, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParanoidMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2014 at 2:56am
Yep. Christians have been arguing over just about everything since the beginning. The Jewish people were arguing before that. God gave us freewill and we learned in the Garden of Eden how to use it.

For me, personally, if I find myself asking "But who is right?" in something, the answer really is in the bible.....somewhere. But as Original Happy Camper showed, even that can create problems because of the multiple translations.

I have been very impressed by O-H-C' s use of the King James version. Try as I might I usually trip over the words and end up more confused than when I started :-).

I believe it is important to know where I stand on something, and more importantly why. By the time that happens I end up secure in my own beliefs and lose the urge to argue. I have gotten sucked in big time, usually with family, and I end up feeling horrible because of how things were handled. If God was testing me on the why of things, I'm fine. However, if He was testing me on the love your neighbour thing, I failed miserably. This is why I sincerely believe the devil is in the details.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalHappyCamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2014 at 3:35am
The original manuscripts for the English Version of the King James Bible comes from the copies of the original lost manuscripts from the 2nd 4th and 5th centuries and are almost identical with these original text. There were approximately 1,900 of these manuscripts that were utilized to produce the King James Bible of 1611.

With the exception of the Catholic and Jesuit Bibles all other Bible produced before the 19th century utilized these manuscripts. 

Four manuscripts from Alexandria were used for the newer Bible translations done by Westcott and Hort. In letters that they wrote compiled by their sons in a book stated, that these two translators rejected the idea of the infallibility of the Bible (King James Version), and Hort called the doctrine of the substitutionary atonement “immoral”. Westcott denied the historicity of Genesis 1 through 3.  Hort praised Darwin and denied the divinity of Christ. These statements are found in “The Life and Letters of Brooke Foss Westcott and The Life and Letters of Fenton John Anthony Hort Published in 1896 by their sons.

These two men are responsible for the new translations of the Bible. both denying the divinity of Jesus Christ and the fact that he was the Creator of all things. They were by there own words evolutionists following Darwin. Yet we at the end of time are using there interpretation of the Bible to search for the truth.

ParanoidMom is right the devil is in the details.

T

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic