Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Suspect Ebola Patient (Mass General Hospital)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schrödinger's Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suspect Ebola Patient (Mass General Hospital)
    Posted: December 02 2014 at 6:32pm

http://www.massgeneral.org/about/newsarticle.aspx?id=4975

Dec. 2, 2014: Memo to Staff

Suspect Ebola Virus Disease Patient at the MGH

At 2 p.m. today while undergoing routine monitoring by the Boston Public Health Commission, an individual, determined to be a person under investigation for Ebola virus disease, was admitted to Massachusetts General Hospital for evaluation.  As you know, the MGH has spent the past several months preparing in the event we should have a patient with suspected Ebola come to the hospital. The individual is now in a specially prepared area within the hospital. Diagnostic testing is under way. Again, a diagnosis of Ebola has not been confirmed.

As always, our focus is the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff members. We want to reassure you that the hospital is safe. Even though it is unconfirmed that the individual has the Ebola virus, we are taking the actions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a precaution. We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.

onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 7:21am
A patient was admitted Tuesday to Massachusetts General Hospital to be tested for Ebola, but the illness had not been confirmed, officials said.

Dr. Paul Biddinger, the hospital’s medical director of emergency preparedness, said the person remained in stable condition and good spirits.

The patient, who was admitted about 2 p.m. Tuesday, was being watched because of a history of travel to an area where Ebola is present, the possibility of exposure to the virus, and symptoms similar to those seen with the disease. The patient had been undergoing monitoring by the Boston Public Health Commission when the decision was made to hospitalize the individual.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/12/02/ebola/gT4kILTQcNj0DNjuZvu6JN/story.html
"And then there were none."
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 7:26am
So the person was being monitored because of travel history and possible exposure and then developed symptoms...
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 9:00am
Probably negative again and has Malaria..
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
grandmaof7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grandmaof7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 10:35am
I listened to an interview from a doctor from Missouri and also Alex Jones said adoctor in Dallas told him that the CDC is calling ebola cases malaria so I was not surprised when the Boston patient turned out to be malaria. I know you can't always trust Jones but he gets some things right and the Missouri doctor sounded very credible. Ever since the ebola czar came on board things have changed with fudged numbers and a news blackout.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 10:55am
UPDATE: A patient at Massachusetts General Hospital does not have Ebola, as previously suspected. The patient did test positive for Malaria. The hospital posted an update on its website early Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/12/02/suspected-ebola-patient-being-treated-boston-hospital/kjQngynamiuqmmLOi3lrVN/story.html

Now something looks fishy here to me. The article above that just came out by the Boston Globe, on google lists it as 15 hours old. Yet the article from same Boston Globe I posted in the post above was also released this morning prior to the updated one. Did google make a mistake or is something else at play?

I don't trust these gafs one ioda. Alex Jones may have presented some whoppers in past but I agree that some of his stories are completely true. This one I am convinced of. And it's manipulating the timing of release of information and what that information is is what's solidifying my beliefs.
coyote View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2014 at 11:31am
"More than 1,400 people being actively monitored for Ebola in U.S.: report"

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]
Long time lurker since day one to Member.
newbie1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2014 at 8:42pm
When I google search 'ebola in Canada' - I cant find ANYthing after Oct.31.... hmm guess all the ghosts & ghouls scared it outa this country!
Cherish each moment
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic