Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

WHO: 19031-7373

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO: 19031-7373
    Posted: December 20 2014 at 8:06pm

WHO: Recorded Ebola Deaths Top 7,000

(CONAKRY, Guinea) — The worst Ebola outbreak on record has now killed more than 7,000 people, with many of the latest deaths reported in Sierra Leone, the World Health Organization said as United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon continued his tour of Ebola-affected countries in West Africa on Saturday.

The three countries hit hardest by Ebola have now recorded 7,373 deaths, up from 6,900 on Wednesday, according to WHO figures posted online late Friday. A total of 392 of the new deaths were in Sierra Leone, where Ebola is spreading the fastest.

The new totals include confirmed, probable and suspected Ebola deaths. The WHO says there have also been six Ebola deaths in Mali, eight in Nigeria and one in the United States.

The total number of cases in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia now stands at 19,031, up from 18,569.

Ban arrived in Guinea, where the outbreak’s first cases were confirmed back in March, on Saturday after touring Liberia and Sierra Leone on Friday. After meeting with President Alpha Conde, he expressed concern about the situation in the country’s southeast forest region, where he said the number of infected people “seems to continue to grow.” The region borders Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ivory Coast, and Ban called for cross-border collaboration to bring the disease under control.

He urged all Guineans to commit themselves to eradicating Ebola, saying that the U.N. and its partners “are there to help you.”

“It has never been so important to work together,” he said.

Guinea has recorded 2,453 Ebola deaths and 1,550 cases, according to the WHO. This past week, officials in Conakry, the capital, announced a ban on New Year’s Eve celebrations such as fireworks displays and beach gatherings in a bid to curtail transmission.

Ban was expected to travel to Mali Saturday evening.

http://time.com/3643094/sierra-leone-peacekeepers-somalia/

"And then there were none."
newbie1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 9:12am
473 deaths in 4 days?!?!?! Is this picking up steam now or ??
Cherish each moment
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 12:28pm
I don't know but it's certainly not fading away.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 5:18pm
the world seems to have forgotten about this

fools..................
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Kay View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 7:47pm
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/12/sharyl-attkisson-cdc-is-tracking-1400-possible-ebola-cases-in-us-today-video/

Attkisson told Howard Kurtz on Media Buzz that the CDC is hiding suspected cases from the American public.

Infectious disease experts remain very concerned about the disease… A lot of the media coverage has gone from overtime to almost nothing since the administration has appointed an Ebola czar. And I don’t think that’s any accident. That’s a strategy… I called CDC not long ago and said, “How many active cases are being monitored in the United States of Ebola?” And they said, “1,400.” And I said, “Where is that on your website, these updates?” And they said, “We’re not putting it on the web.” So I think there’s an effort to control the message and tamp it down. This is public information we have a right to and I think the media should not hype it but cover it.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 9:32pm
WOW! Can someone check out the fact that there are 1,400 cases in the US?

Can Chuck check this out?

I can tell you I ordered 3M Disposable Overhood 446, Microporous Laminate, White (Case of 50) at the end of November and I just had to reup the order that I still want them since they still have not shipped.

So that tells you these hoods are going somewhere in large quantities. I will keep my order in and hope they show up.
Kay View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2014 at 11:00pm
 I'm thinking she misspoke, she probably meant monitoring for symptoms from travelers from the Ebola areas.
onefluover View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefluover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2014 at 4:27am
I almost posted that article as well. But I seem to remember a 1400 number floating around a month or two ago and that was the number being monitered. If the CDC doesn't have it up on their site because all have exited the window then I don't see much of an issue there other than to report that there had been as many as 1400. But I still think they're being deceptive with other issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic