Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips > Pets & Animals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

How many people on this forum have cats?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 6:25pm
I have 10 bags so far, that is only a 5 week supply for 2 litter boxes, although I could probably make it stretch a bit longer if needed. I plan on getting a few more bags, currently storing in the trunk of an extra car we have, because the cats open the bags if they are in the house.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 6:29pm
Yes the Siamese is more like a dog as well.
vladas View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vladas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 12:33am
I have 14 dogs Embarrassed

eae67 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eae67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 1:12am

Another cat lover checking in.  At the moment I only have one cat.  He is strictly indoors, he doesn't even want to go out and never runs for the door or anything like that.   So he should be okay.   Hopefully, anyway.

Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 2:40am
Originally posted by wrote:

Yes I have 150 lbs, 100lbs in the garage and 50 here in the spare room. They come in 50 lb boxes at Costco.

TA, I am going to try the Placement of 7 as you have described for Sully, 7 is a  neat name. 

LOL, there was a 6 before there was 7, ( cats 4 and 5 had actual "names" - Mew, and Bitster).  A few people have thought it (7) was a bit odd, but everyone likes the name Seven.

Sully will figure it out, you just have to be patient.  It reassures them when you pick them up and talk to them for a few minutes before you leave.  It becomes normal for them and they know to expect that they're not getting out and "most importantly" that you are coming back.

Seven used to cry whenever I would shut the door to leave, and I mean cry!  But I found that if I take some time with him before I leave that he only meows a few times, if even that now, since I started giving him some extra attention right before I go.  He's always right there by the door waiting me to come back though!  I sometimes wish I had a another cat so 7 wouldn't be so lonely, but it's just not an option unfortunately.  I leave the TV on for him in my bedroom and a radio set to a classical music station for him in the kitchen when I go anywhere.  It's one of things that "Cat Dads" do I guess.
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 2:42am
Originally posted by eae67 eae67 wrote:

Another cat lover checking in.  At the moment I only have one cat.  He is strictly indoors, he doesn't even want to go out and never runs for the door or anything like that.   So he should be okay.   Hopefully, anyway.

Yep, and very handsome young Tom at that, eae67! ( you showed me pics, remember?)
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 7:41am
http://www.fao.org/ag/againfo/subjects/en/health/diseases-cards/avian_cats.html

At the end of February 2006 highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI), caused by the H5N1 virus was detected in a domestic cat found dead on the northern island of Ruegen, Germany. Since mid-February, over 100 birds have died on this island and tests confirmed H5N1 infection. Also in Asia, cats and other felidae are occasionally found to be infected with H5N1 since the start of the poultry epidemic end 2003. Experimental studies have shown that the domestic cat can become infected with the virus and that cat to cat transmission is possible in principle. Serological studies in several Asian countries suggest that dogs may also contract the H5N1 infection. Countries in Europe have advised owners of pets living near H5N1 wild bird foci to keep cats indoors and dogs on a leash when taken for a walk.
GrizzlyGirl View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrizzlyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:11pm
We have 3 cats and one dog as well as 2 aquariums. Luckily for us, our cats were raised as indoor cats so going outside is a privelege that they only get when it is nice and sunny and we are outside with them. It seems that they just want to nibble on the grass and lay in the sunshine. When the threat of TSHTF looms however, then their days of laying in the sun and eating grass are over. I think they would be quite content as long as they were with us. My dog will have to go outside and so we have prepped for her to wear baby sock/baggie booties.  As much as she doesn't like it she will have to wear them if she wants to go out to go potty. As for the fish tanks, I will probably combine them if TSHTF in order to try and preserve them through the crisis. If not well then I guess we will just have extra water. I know that sounds gross but I will distill or chlorinate any water I have to if we run out of public utility service. If it never amounts to anything that severe, well then I have water for my plants (which LOVE the fish tank water).
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 4:31pm
I have one indoor/outdoor cat.  When the first bird flu case is detected in the US he will become indoor only no matter how much he will hate it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 11:16pm
Thomas, and here I thoight you were a tough guy. You're just really an old softie!
Billy22 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 11:38pm
Regarding what to do with cats should there be a pandemic...Keep them indoors, warm and well fed.  For general information there has been one officially confirmed case of a domestic cat catching H5N1 and dying from it in Germany.  And my understanding is that in the lab it has been demonstrated that the virus can be passed from cat to cat.  In Britain they are recommending all cats be kept indoors, for obvious reasons.  Not to worry too much.  In the long run, in my opinion, humans should have a little more respect.  Smile
Billy22 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 11:42pm
Oh, and I forgot to mention that in the past, ie. several years ago, Bengal tigers and other "big" cats, in certain Asian zoos also contracted H5N1 (apparently from eating infected chickens) and died.  So for some unknown reason felines seem more susceptable.  But I think that must be simply due to their "diet."Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:51pm
I also have cats.  Two, Starr and Teddi.  Teddi resembles TAs cat quite a bit.  Starr is a long haired-mut cat..gray and a little while on nose and paws.  Beautiful kitty. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:51pm

I also have three dogs, too.  Joey, Austin and Frank. 

Samoa View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:57pm
We've been adopted by two nameless cats.  They are well-fed but they do keep birds and rats away from the house.  Their best friend in the world is Psycho, our 95 lb. Rottweiller.   We don't have any stray dogs or cats within a 100 meter radius of our place.
AlaskaAquarian View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlaskaAquarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 1:27pm
I also have a cat named "Grace" She's an indoors only cat. I'm not too worried about her. Give her ,her indoor formula cat food,her litter box, some cat nip filled toys, and she's one happy kitty. Very very good house cat. Prefers staying in doors. Especially up here in Alaska! (Although,who could blame her?)
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 3:25pm
I had two cats, one just died after 19 years.  They are indoor cats....  Anyway, the one that died was a big fan of wet food.  In fact, we used to feed him around 6 cans a day....  I now have 3000 extra cans of cat food.   LOL

oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 3:39pm
Wow Albert!
That's a lot for a cat to eat each day.
We lost our oldest cat at 19 too.
The remaining cat will be 16 next month. He's a light eater though. I only give him half a can in the morning and dry food the rest of the time.

Our jack russell looks like a pot belly pig though and never gets enough to eat.
When I put her on a diet, she just goes outside and hunts rabbits. Gross!
Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 3:47pm
We have one cat called Claws we did have two cats but the local yobs decided to have some fun by coating claws in paint and killing her brother.We moved to a different area only to be feeding half of the neighborhoods cats now, i think cats have more than 1 home Smile
jackson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

I had two cats, one just died after 19 years.  They are indoor cats....  Anyway, the one that died was a big fan of wet food.  In fact, we used to feed him around 6 cans a day....  I now have 3000 extra cans of cat food.   LOL

I'm so sorry to hear about that one of your cats just died. 
stephannelynn View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephannelynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 4:19pm
I have 2 cats just about a year old each. They are outside. We have Asthma my 3 kids & myself.   Plus I have 5 dogs. 3 of them are inside. So this is just unreal for me. I can't imagine losing any of them to this BF. Plus I have 2 horses. Do any of you know if Horses can get BF? I mean they eat off the ground.
"Live for today, one never knows what tomorrow will bring." God Bless
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 4:27pm
We only have one now.  She is almost 13.  Longest ever I've been blessed to have one.  I think God decided at some point in time that I was going to be the one he sent the sick ones to.  I nurse them as long as we can and them help them go Home without any pain.  My pain has always been unbearable.  They are my kids.

She doesn't go outside - never has.  Problem I have is my squirrels.  I have approximately 15-20 I feed daily.  rabbits, chipmunks, birds, etc...  4 of those 15-20 squirrels took food from my hand on my deck.  I stopped feeding by hand 4 weeks ago because of bf and disease rodents can spread - don't need feces on the deck.   Can't believe My squirrels can be called rodents.  Back to my problem...my cat loves them too.  She sits at the window and they "talk" to each other.  She is sooo bored now... has to settle on watching them eat in the designated feeding sanctuary area.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 5:16pm
Sand - I can understand what you're feeling even though I think of our squirrels as being nuisance creatures. We have a mature pecan tree and many fruit trees that I planted after we moved here.

The rascals strip the trees of everything before the harvest is ready. What they waste (plenty), the rabbits clean up. No mess, but no harvest either.
The first year here, I thought a neighbor must be stealing all of the apples. Then I was working from home and discovered where they were going. LOL!

The squirrels used to harras our older cat, the one that's gone now. They'd get right up on the outside of the windowsill and tease him.

Our cats were allowed outside until we moved where we are now. We're too close to a freeway to allow them out anymore so they adjusted well to being inside - except when the squirrels teased them.

I've joked about making squirrel jerky and wished that someone else would do something about them, but they are endlessly amusing.

I hope you're little colony is well.

Albert - I forgot to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your cat. I still miss ours too and it's been a couple of years. They ARE part of the family.

Deb(oknut)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 5:57pm
oknut; There are specialily designed wraps for trees , one is a plain steel wrap and it is imposible for the squirrels to grab and they fall off. It is about two or three foot long and wraps around the tree. Cost effective for one or two tree.   It can be used for fruit trees too It dosent look bad either
I'm Workin' On It View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I'm Workin' On It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 7:01pm
Albert, so sorry aboout your loss of your 19 year old--we just had to put down our 22 year old last week & I'm still inconsolable. My other 4 & a stray we've taken in after he checked out medically, help but, it's a loss that transcends words. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 1:57pm
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but would like to share an idea that's worked.  When I moved into this house last fall, there were several feral cats in the backyard that I believe were "dumps" since two are pedigree (a turkish van and a main coon.)  Since they were always catching the birds, I decided to feed them.  Every other week I put out a 20 lb bag of cat food along with weekly water (rubbermaid tote of water.)   A few weeks ago I noticed that they are no longer chasing the birds - they're too fat now to get them. 

Also, since I have a persian cat, I put a piece of plexiglas in the sliding glass door track, so that when I open the doors, there is no nose-to-nose contact between my little guy and the "backyard visitors" thru the screen door.

This may work for others - I hope it helps!
K.
macrimmons View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macrimmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 5:16am
My cat is inside as of yesterday. The Washington Zoo set the pace for us. He is dying to go outside, so we have to lock doors, etc. I have several children so it is a daunting task. I do plan to pick up an owl to place on my deck to deter birds. Then, I have to figure out what to do with my dog and the outside. I feel like the unqualifed door patrol!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 5:45am
I've got three cats (22 lb solid black one, medium-sized tabby and white one, and a smallish Siamese mix) and a Yorkie .... all indoors-only.

The dog does go outside to potty, but if need be, he can use newspapers indoors.

I haven't even started stocking up on cat food and litter.  Confused  They go through both like crazy, so it's kind of expensive.  My black kitty can't eat the cheaper brands of cat food (it just comes right back up), so I have to buy the better stuff.  Buying it weekly isn't too bad, but stocking up is going to be pretty challenging to our budget. Ouch

They're worth it, though.  I wouldn't take anything for any of my "kids". Smile  My little blue-eyed Siamese baby is a DOLL.  Hard to believe such wonderful kitties end up at the animal shelter, which is where we adopted him and my tabby kitty.
iameuru111 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iameuru111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:49am
i have a siamese cat "sophie" that has lived with me for 11 years. she NEVER goes outside. she seems perfectly content to look out the patio door and drool at the birds and other critters.  i had always been a dog person, until she came into my life. didn't know that cats were such caring loving animals. if i run out of people food i have LOADS of cat food to eat! of course i will share with sophie.
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 11:00am

I had two cats, one just died after 19 years.  They are indoor cats....  Anyway, the one that died was a big fan of wet food.  In fact, we used to feed him around 6 cans a day....  I now have 3000 extra cans of cat food.   [IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.avianflutalk.com/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

I'm late to this thread and wanted to say I'm sorry about your cat. My cat is 17 and wound up in kitty ICU last June. After ultrasound, the doc said "im sorry" and sent me home with pain meds. (pretty easy to read between those lines). Anyway, I used herbal parasite killer and homeopathics and he is with me one year later. ICU had served Gerber ham baby food, so when Panther wouldn't eat, I gave him that. Not only could I get him to eat it(or use a syringe), it has put on a lot of weight. Guess the babyfood has a lot of carbs. At least I can use my stockpiled babyfood for flavoring rice if I end up with a bunch. perish the thought. D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 7:42pm
Thanks D-  His Siamese brother is now reaching the end of his journey as well.  Since they were Siamese twins, the other one has not been doing well.   

Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:09am

Thanks D-  His Siamese brother is now reaching the end of his journey as well.  Since they were Siamese twins, the other one has not been doing well.   [IMG]height=17 alt="Broken Heart" src="smileys/smiley28.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

This leaves me with Oscar (10).  Smartest cat I've ever seen...

Albert: Are you giving your senior Prednisone? I give 1/2 pill/day and it really helps. Also, my vet gave me pain meds that I give sublingual at night so Panther gets a good sleep. This must be really hard on you. Hugs and Kisses. D
pugmom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:46am
let's do a poll of how many forum members have cats
jpc
Merivel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 9:59pm
    I agree that pets are people and we should treat them as our children. I am happy to see someone else feels as I do. We must protect pets, they don't even know there is a pandemic flu. I can't imagine how anyone can let their cat outside alone, where it could be injured or get rabies, never mind pandemic flu.
i dream of things as they never were and say "Why not?"
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 1:25pm
Thanks Evergreen.  I used my cat whisperer technique to cure the broken heart lol.  He stopped eating a few weeks after his brother died.  I really didn't think those sorts of things were possible, with regard to animals behaving that way after one dies. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:31pm
I am late to this thread also, I recently lost a cat. His name was Flash because he was so... fast. He got ran over but at least the person who ran over him stopped and moved him out of the street.

I still have five tame cats and one stray that is almost tame. I am really working with him so I can get him neutered so I can bring him in when needed. We plan on bringing all the cats in when the birds come into this area.

I have been saving cat liter and food but do not have near enough.
Edrn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 11:15pm
We do -  OMG just counted - have 7! inside primary residence, including 2
"bpttle kittens I'm sure won't be able to throw out, plus I think 8 barn cats, plus one (now spayed) mama cat and her two c-section children cats in town...  aargh   Embarrassed
alia atreides
honeybee View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 9:12pm
While searching for something else, I found a set of instructions for a "cat run". 

Very simple and workable idea; they put it up against the house with the basement window as the "door" to get in or out of it. (I imagine you could add a flap on the top incase you have to make them come in...)

Wood frame with the mesh staple gunned.

Honeybee
i hate oknut's cats View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i hate oknut's cats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 6:58am
sup bill hows it going man..im new to the forum...funny story i heard you guys like cats?...me too i had one until i intentionally ran it over ....another time me and oknut we driving down the street when i swerved across the street just to take out all of oknut's pets, her dogs (frank) and her cats (starr)
whats good, oaky
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by i hate oknut's cats i hate oknut's cats wrote:

sup bill hows it going man..im new to the forum...funny story i heard you guys like cats?...me too i had one until i intentionally ran it over ....another time me and oknut we driving down the street when i swerved across the street just to take out all of oknut's pets, her dogs (frank) and her cats (starr)

Idiot.
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 2:03pm
Does anyone here feel that their pets return? My neighbors' beloved cat "Reuban" died early this year. A week ago, she had a dream that he was coming back to her. A few days ago, while visiting her brother in another part of the state, a cat came to their house and endeared itself to them so much that they brought her home. This new kitty took immediately to him (Reuben was his cat), walked under his feet the way Reuban used to, followed him everywhere the way Reuban did, immediately slept on his lap like Reuban and is mellow around other animals the way that Reuban was. Coincidence or truth? They both think it is Reuban returned. D
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 2:33pm
Are you afraid she'll eat an infected bird or that you will not be able to go out to get her? I have twenty cats. I changed the garage over to a playhouse for them They no longer go out anywhere except to the vets.
Dr d
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 2:35pm
dr d: are you responding to my question "Does anyone here feel that their pets return?". Wasn't quite sure from your post. Thanks, D
dr d View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 2:45pm

no,I was reading a different message does anyine slse have cats and one of theirs gets out all tthe time. I thought the writer was afraid for the cat's safety??

I do agree evergreen about cats returning and communicating with us. Pets Tell the truth is a great book.

Dr d
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 2:48pm
I think mine did, too. He was 18 when he passed. New kitty "found me" and acts just like him. I feel great to have him back. What is the book, Pets Tell the Truth? D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic