Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips > Pets & Animals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

How many people on this forum have cats?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Yea right Corn....blaming *******.   CAT LOVER'S UNITE!!!!!!

I am a cat lover as well. My calico cat thinks she owns the computer area, and travels about investigating and making sure things are in order. I am not a computer genius. Just a computer programmer since 1978. I mention this because having a lap cat who thought he was my assistant (he is now in cat heaven) was comforting as I labored for days at a time writing code.

My cat recently (she is 6 now) enjoys swatting at the mouse arrow, becomes keenly interested with anything that look edible running around on the cable screen. She once downed a full sized rabbit in the woods. When trying to take down a huge peacock she had met her match and wound being the chased instead of the chaser.

This was humiliating- her worst case scenario. And she sulked beneath the house for a day.

Cats add a whole new dimension to our world. They were worshiped by the Egyptians, considered evil by some of the oriental cultures, and are incredible readers of body language.

They possess an unusually large portion of the brain for tactile contact. An unpetted or unsnuggled cat is a miserable cat. A cat held against their will is an unhappy cat. Some people are afraid of them and they sense it. Some people are allergic to them but pet my cat anyway cos she's is so cute. My son loves and pets our cat. She is kitty to him and he often says "want to pet kitty or touch kitty."

She is immune to all flus so far and vaccinated against major cat diseases. Despite the rump in the face in the morning, being licked on the nose by a cat who sleeps on your chest every night and wakes you up with purring and hunger,  is an experience that only a true cat person can understand. I have had funerals for my cats and had a pet sematary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sematary
when my wife and I had 13 cats. Strangely the other cats would sit around as the lost one was interred and a tiny cross put up.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth

Ecclesiastes 3:21

Medclinician
Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 9:23am
I've not seen a chocolate lover kitty. Very amazing. Mine loved cantelope. D
235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic