Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Grocery Store Lesson...OMG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grocery Store Lesson...OMG
    Posted: February 20 2015 at 9:24pm
Well, we are to have 12 inches of snow due this weekend...OMG you would think the world was coming to an end!!!

Went to the store yesterday to pick up a few items and extra gas for my snow blower. Some bread was cleared out but other than that store was normal.

Went today just to see what the store looked like and to get some ice cream (bad girl)...OMG bread was more wiped out but all the celery, all the broccoli, all the onions, all the avocados, GONE!   Most of the lettuce was wiped out some left and lots of the tomatoes and apples wiped out but some left.

Guys, this is a great reason to store food. We are only going to be "stuck" in the house for 2 days can you imagine if something really bad was going to happen!!!!

Since I have food I would be going to different gas stations to fill my gas cans and storing water and lots of it if TSHTF. People do not realize that stores would be wiped out in a matter of a couple of hours!

When will people learn!!!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 5:34am

I always enjoy watching the sheep attack the local markets every time the weather turns bad

I'm prepared for hurricanes in January 

and snow storms in July

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 11:10am
I can't believe people are buying salad items when it's snowing! Are they mad? When it gets cold here we eat stew and dumplings, jacket potatoes, rice pudding - the kind of food that fills you up, sticks to your ribs and makes you feel warm and happy. Not lettuce.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 11:15am

LOL, Satori you should make that your signature.

I see it every year also.  TN is not known for its snow... so when we even get a dusting people storm the stores.  And I just go on my regular day every week & think to myself, "People what were you going to do if this was the real thing!?!"
Jen147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 11:19am
Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

I can't believe people are buying salad items when it's snowing! Are they mad? When it gets cold here we eat stew and dumplings, jacket potatoes, rice pudding - the kind of food that fills you up, sticks to your ribs and makes you feel warm and happy. Not lettuce.

LOL, very true!

We are on day one of thawing out... over the last week we've had 1/2" of ice with 2" of snow on top of that, then another 1/4" of ice.  Rare for TN as I said.  Tonight for dinner.... homemade Chili with all the fixin's, yum!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2015 at 4:32pm
Hey, this is Colorado...we have the healthiest people in the U.S. LOL!

We do the chili I did it last weekend when it was cold...today I am doing a roast chicken and baked potato. There must be a lot of stews and chilies being made that is why all the onions were sold out and all the celery gone too. I bet the broccoli was gone because people made cheese broccoli soup. But we love our salad in Colorado...LOL!
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 12:42pm
Well we're eating rabbit tonight. I wasn't planning it but two of our dogs have just killed one of our flemish giant rabbits. She's huge. I guess she weighs 5kg. I got there just after they had killed her and I'm not going to let her go to waste. So I guess I'm skinning and gutting for the next half hour. A bit sad as she was one our breeding mothers and I liked her. She is the most beautiful soft walnut brown colour. I'll turn her skin into a hat for me, as brown is my favourite colour.

I still can't work out how she got out of her pen, the gate was still fastened, and I've walked the perimeter and there are no holes. It's a mystery. We'll have rabbit curry. Rabbit is far and away the best meat for curry, firm and chewy and delicious.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Johnray1 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 5:21pm
KiwiMum,excellent thinking.Johnray1
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 12:02am
Thanks Johnray, we ate it tonight and it was very good. Delicious and enough for 2 full meals for us all so I'll put the rest in the freezer.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 10:57am
Yes, it seems as though the grocery stores are always wiped out whenever there is any type of "natural disaster" weather type thing coming that anyone could possible prepare for. I know when I live at the beach (about 20 years) we were always prepared for hurricanes, as soon as word of a hurricane was anywhere near everything in the grocery store would be wiped out. Same here where I live in Oklahoma whenever we are expecting snow/ice or bad weather of any type. Always good to be prepared, so you are NOT one of those people standing in the long lines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic