Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Stomach Flu Outbreak U.K.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stomach Flu Outbreak U.K.
    Posted: December 01 2015 at 3:45am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-96301/Gastric-flu-outbreak-spreads-Britain.html

December 1, 2015

Britain is in the grip of a gastric flu outbreak which has spread from hospitals in Scotland to the south coast, health chiefs said today.

Levels of the virus, which has already affected 12 hospitals in Scotland, are higher than those recorded in the past, said the Public Health Laboratory Service.

The number of people struck down with the viral infection on hospital wards was today expected to rise amid reports of the bug in Manchester, Hertfordshire, Sussex, Dorset and Cornwall. There was also a similar case in Birmingham earlier this month.

So far, Glasgow's Victoria Infirmary has been worst hit with 283 patients and staff hit by the illness.

It has forced emergency admissions to the hospital to be diverted to the city's Southern General Hospital until further notice.

Medclinician
"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 4:35am
Thanks Med!  We are snowed in at present - (Thank God!) - but very glad to be kept up to date.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Thanks Med!  We are snowed in at present - (Thank God!) - but very glad to be kept up to date.

Your welcome Techno - this was a find. I can't locate this anywhere else. There are outbreaks in the U.S. of all kinds of things but the media and reporting from agencies is so suppressed, it is really hard to track them. This may be in the U.S. but still unreported.

Medclinician

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 9:06pm
It's also spreading in California. Six of my friends from almost the same area : Northern Central Valley (my home area), and the South Bay of Southern CA reported being sick all within about four days from each other. It seems to pass in a day.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 7:27pm
Heck it is at our school big time! Got it last year hope I can avoid it this year!
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2015 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Heck it is at our school big time! Got it last year hope I can avoid it this year!

Can you give me some more info on this. I still can't find any flu reporting on the net. I have a person close to me who may be in the hospital because of this and no .gov sites have real numbers of any kind.

Medclinician
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 1:00pm
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2015 at 4:05pm
We just have lots of kids at school throwing up. No numbers I am not in the office. But one of our teachers had all three of her children who are at our school down with Noro.

We always have lots of Noro at this time of year. We always hope it gets better over Christmas break.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2015 at 6:31am
Originally posted by hachiban08 hachiban08 wrote:

Norovirus outbreak at Chapman University. http://ktla.com/2015/12/09/50-students-sickened-after-outbreak-of-suspected-norovirus-at-chapman-university/

Thank you Hachiban. Med.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2015 at 6:34am
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

We just have lots of kids at school throwing up. No numbers I am not in the office. But one of our teachers had all three of her children who are at our school down with Noro.

We always have lots of Noro at this time of year. We always hope it gets better over Christmas break.

What I have been trying to find out is why these outbreaks are reported as food related when there are several strains of new mutated forms of a virus which has nothing to do with food poisoning.

This is contagious - not that people ate the same contaminated food.   Norovirus is not seasonal. It is now year round and should be tracked daily.

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic