Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Coming of the Ice Age - 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 8:55am
Jacksdad, what a smart mom you had/have! A chimney fire will take over a house very fast.

Now my friends who's parents NEVER cleaned their chimney lived in an old house with a stone fireplace that was 3.5 feet thick between rooms and 6 feet long all solid stone. You could see the fires they had at the top of the chimney which showed the burn. They were lucky the roof did not catch fire.

I do not want to have a problem if TSHSF.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2016 at 1:17pm
another inconvenient truth

from the post "Peak Global Warming"

"What we should now expect are rapidly declining global temperatures after February 2016, the apex of the 11-year cycle #24 solar heating."

one of the main proponents of the "earth is cooling" theory

said that starting in March of THIS year we would see "rapidly declining temperatures"

hmmmm
not so much

we CONTINUE to set HIGH temp records around the world
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2016 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

another inconvenient truth

from the post "Peak Global Warming"

"What we should now expect are rapidly declining global temperatures after February 2016, the apex of the 11-year cycle #24 solar heating."

one of the main proponents of the "earth is cooling" theory

said that starting in March of THIS year we would see "rapidly declining temperatures"

hmmmm
not so much

we CONTINUE to set HIGH temp records around the world

It is because we are watching events which are melting things and destroying a balance which could spell dismal low temps in the U.S. in Europe. This may be regional and oddly as everone is sweltering in the heat, I sit by the ocean and it is cold here in Monterey. Why is that? 

76 degrees and it will be 53 tonight.  Despite the almost religious warnings of massive earthquakes and a like 4.6 in Eureka recently, nothing is shaking here either.

The ice caps are melting at an accelerated rate.

There will be no way to save coastal cities from massive flooding. If they don't freeze from a mini-ice age, they will drown.  Most of the population in the world, the major cities are close to water, ocean, or waterways. We cannot just move New York, LA, Seattle, or Chicago.  If it goes high enough, we won't need an earthquake to create seaside property in Death Valley.

Humans never have had or probably never will the understanding of that which goes beyond their personal lifetimes.

This is not old news. We may be on the verge of the next Ice Age. Perhaps the first warnings are now dated as is The Day After Tomorrow - but our climate in serious trouble. It is not just a matter of cursing the CO2 or companies putting out gases which may only account for less than 1% of the temperature changes. It is much like the weather predicting cloudy skies when there is pouring rain outside. A big weather convention - promiseds to change bus schedules and conserve energy as the Amazon rainforest is disappearing and that may ruinour oxygen supply. Yet,  the real question is and remains. Can we find a precadent in history where there was serious global warming before a serious ice age? The search continues. People are arguing still and not without reason. It can happen - not in a hundred years - but soon.

Subscribe to the Discovery Channel for more great videos such as this.
http://www.discovery.com/

Medclinician

"Are we on the verge of the next ice age or a great flood that may consume the world's coastlines?"
Published on Jun 17, 2016
The Next Ice Age? - Warnings From the Ice - PBS (full length documentary). Thanks for watching

"But some scientists figure there are critical thresholds that once crossed could trigger the sudden change.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2016 at 4:49pm

Jim Inhofe’s Granddaughter Asked Him Why He Didn’t Understand Global Warming

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/07/26/3802201/inhofe-granddaughter-climate-understanding/

"Right now, the United States, including Oklahoma, is in the middle of a record-breaking heat wave"

"

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2016 at 6:51am
http://www.isthereglobalcooling.com/

There were three ice ages with more CO2 than today, one had fifteen times more.

CO2 has never been observed in the geological record to be a driver of the climate, even when levels were significantly higher than today.

CO2, by itself, can not cause much warming. For there to be dangerous warming, other things must occur, which would accelerate the warming, called positive feedbacks. The most likely is increased atmospheric water vapor. Positive feedbacks have not been observed to exist in the past and when CO2 levels were signficiantly higher than today. Atmospheric humidity is also actually in decline. link

Global temperatures were mostly warmer than today in the prior 8,000 years, the Holocene. link

Did you know that in the past the Roman Period and Medieval Period were both  warmer than today. The world then cooled several degrees from approx. 1450 to 1850. This period was called the Little Ice Age (a period of glacial advance, the same glaciers that have been in retreat until recently). Global temperatures the past 10,000 years were also often warmer than today.These temperature variations were not caused by man. They were caused entirely by natural forces.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2016 at 7:27am

The remarkable inconsistency of climate change denial

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2016/08/the-remarkable-inconsistency-of-climate.html

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2016 at 8:53am
mhhensel on facebook-links 

also CO is exploding in the Arctic (via https://eyes.nasa.gov/eyes-on-the-earth.html)

It looks like all that could be expected from a warming Arctic, melthing permafrost, disappearing sea-ice etc is unfolding. I did not see recent Arctic sea-ice extent data-numbers are proberbly (very) bad. 

I would love to see some sign of an ice-age, Med but what I see is the opposit in a very alarming way. 

Looking at http://cci-reanalyzer.org/forecasts/#ARC-LEA the Arctic is warming up. It could be that "winter may be something of the past" for a large portion of the globe.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 9:12am

Crisis on high: In the Himalayas, a climate disaster is unfolding that will impact the lives of more than 1 billion people

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2016/08/crisis-on-high-in-himalayas-climate.html

"Half a century of research shows the temperature has increased by 1.5 degrees in the area, more than double the global average. More than 500 glaciers have completely disappeared, and the biggest ones are retreating rapidly."

yeah

about that  ice age thingy.....

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 4:35pm

Hothouse 2090: Category 6 Hurricane A Grey Swansong For Tampa

https://robertscribbler.com/2016/07/29/hothouse-2090-category-6-hurricane-a-grey-swansong-for-tampa/

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

Crisis on high: In the Himalayas, a climate disaster is unfolding that will impact the lives of more than 1 billion people

http://www.desdemonadespair.net/2016/08/crisis-on-high-in-himalayas-climate.html

"Half a century of research shows the temperature has increased by 1.5 degrees in the area, more than double the global average. More than 500 glaciers have completely disappeared, and the biggest ones are retreating rapidly."

yeah

about that  ice age thingy.....

Perhaps we should go on video - lol - this is a great topic - yes, things are melting. See what many are talking about is a climactic sudden event - i.e. a rapid dilation of the Gulf Stream The water has to go somewhere. Now here's a new question. Do we have any evidence of this type of phenomena - i.e. global warming - just a few years before a drastic climate change?   Like freezing dinosaurs or even Mastadons in their tracks. Kind of hard to slow freeze a standing up "elephant".

If we only have "The Day After Tomorrow" in Northern U.S. and Europe - is there someone going to be sitting in a parka saying "well technically this is not an ice age" and the other guy saying "Well it sure feels like one .

Someone like - you and I - hope not.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2016 at 4:36pm
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/08/09/solar-physicist-sees-global-cooling-ahead/

To most of us the sun seems unchanging. But if you observe its surface, it is seething with vast explosions and ejections. This activity has its origin in intense magnetic fields generated by swirling currents in the sun’s outer layer – scientists call it the solar dynamo.

It produces the well-known 11-year solar cycle which can be seen as sunspots come and go on the sun’s surface.

But models of the solar dynamo have only been partially successful in predicting the solar cycle – and that might be because a vital component is missing.

After studying full-disc images of the sun’s magnetic field, Professor Valentina Zharkova of Northumbria University and colleagues, discovered that the sun’s dynamo is actually made of two components – coming from different depths inside the sun.

The interaction between these two magnetic waves either amplifies solar activity or damps it down. Professor Zharkova’s observations suggest we are due for a prolonged period of low solar activity.

Medclinician

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2016 at 4:38am

Nasa: Earth is warming at a pace 'unprecedented in 1,000 years'

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/aug/30/nasa-climate-change-warning-earth-temperature-warming

each month since October 2015 setting a new high mark for heat."

"

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2017 at 8:28am
Will be continuing this thread for 2017-2018. We have a really bad winter coming.

Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic